Saturn381

Re: 2015/08/26 - Enter Intermission

Post by Saturn381 »

Dissension wrote:People seem to be ignoring that. *giggles*
What is it?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Could be it's being ignored because the next panel is such a "w :shock: w, he went there" moment.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
renato

Post by renato »

Kyuunado wrote:Well, when he says it wouldn't be fair on bailey it does say "or would it?" :lol:
Yes, but maybe "or would it?" is connected with the first part, "Dragon and Pete? I thought about it, and it'd be funny". ;)
'
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

Oh oh the grin is back. The mischievous grin is back people! :lol:

But in all seriousness while it would be cool to have Pete and Dragon as King's pups, it'd also be weird owo

I also wonder what King was thinking of... :o
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:guys, king obviously tried Bailey's pickle and cherry milkshake and is embarrassed that he actually liked it. mystery solved.
Join the pickle-y side of life.
Do not be afraid...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Dissension wrote:[ Enter Intermission ]

Title Text: Well NOW I am!!

You're all perverts. ;3
If that's the case, so are you :3

If he's true to his word, I have to wonder what he's up to with Pete and Dragon. :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Liam

Post by Liam »

Dissension wrote:
TendoTwo wrote:Okayyyy, squick aside... I'm actually confused what the second question was.
Lots of people wondered whether Kitsune might, as a sort of combined prank-lesson, have made Pete and the Spirit Dragon reincarnate as Bailey's and King's puppies.
Okay, that's weirder than what I had been thinking the implied question is.

You won this round, greater fandom!
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Carlitosfmc

Post by Carlitosfmc »

Well, I'm happy Pete and Dragon doesn't become King's kids, it would have been another hit to King's strange-paranoid life.

Even if there's no clue, I'm still wondering what he would be thinking on the last question :O
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Kitsune is always messing with King's thoughts. It's funny sometimes. He may end up going to save them. :roll:
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

I'm not gonna say how hard I thought about it, but what I will say is...well played Rick Griffin...well played. ;)
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

I just love Kitsune's facial expressions, even as a statue.
Thank goodness for no mutant or awkwardly familiar offspring. But the "Or would it?" has me worried that he's rethinking it :shock: . What bad thing did Bailey ever do to deserve something like that (besides punch Bino in the face)?
Argent

Post by Argent »

This is why telepaths are never invited back to parties.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who was having trouble following the line of questions. Obscure references are fun, but sometimes quite a challenge to my old brain.

Rock (the ferret) must have a little bit of Kitsune in him, given the exchange here. He hasn't earned his nine tails yet, though.
dryideabat wrote:What bad thing did Bailey ever do to deserve something like that (besides punch Bino in the face)?
That was totally deserved.

Mod Edit: If you have more to say but your previous post is the latest, please use the edit button to avoid double posting
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
Sonic11110

Post by Sonic11110 »

Oh, Rick, you! XD
This comic made my day lol :)
And there go speculations out the window!
(Personally I only thought about the second one)
TendoTwo

Post by TendoTwo »

Douglas Collier wrote:
TendoTwo wrote:Okayyyy, squick aside... I'm actually confused what the second question was.
Since the end of The Game, there has been much speculation on the forums that Pete and Dragon might end up being two of King and Bailey's pups. Apparently this is not the case.
valerio wrote:
At the end of "Heaven's not enough" take 2, Pete and Dragon were condemned both to be reincarnated as mortals and live a full-time life sentence before being re-admitted in Heaven.
King's fear was that his pups could be reincarnations of Pete and Dragon.
fear averted.
I see, I never even considered that. I assumed they were reincarnated as soon as they stepped through the portal, not that it would take a while until they are born.

That, and I didn't realize it meant they could be reincarnated as any species, not just as humans.
Carlitosfmc

Post by Carlitosfmc »

dryideabat wrote:What bad thing did Bailey ever do to deserve something like that (besides punch Bino in the face)?
That wasn't a bad thing, Bino deserved that someone punched him on the face for all his wrongdoings.
Gabi

Post by Gabi »

D-Rock wrote:
Toboe wrote:Everyone seems to have at least a clue as to what is embarrassing King, but... I'm completely clueless.
What was he thinking?
Or is it 100% left open to interpretation?
Left to interpretation...
Seriously, it's better if you go with that.
Hey, not fair! Is it an inside joke or something? If so, sorry I don't check the forums frequently enough to know, but could you at least provide a hint for those of us who are out of the loop?
lousy7

Post by lousy7 »

I've never seen any character become so embarrassed that even his/her ears turned red
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Carlitosfmc wrote:
That wasn't a bad thing, Bino deserved that someone punched him on the face for all his wrongdoings.
Exactly. That's the "worse" thing I can think of her ever doing... Then again, looking back at that strip, you have to admit that even he didn't deserve that so preemptively (though if you gave him a few more seconds, I'm sure he would have said something scathing).

Also, thinking about, I'm sure Kitsune in all of his wisdom would have a legitimate reason for even reconsidering that reincarnating Pete/Dragon as Bailey's pups would be fair to her (maybe her chance to discipline those two and mold them into functioning members of society). Then again, what of the third pup?

...Also, I just noticed, why is he now tagged as just "Kitsune?" Is he not-so great now? :lol:
Last edited by dryideabat on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

lousy7 wrote:I've never seen any character become so embarrassed that even his/her ears turned red
Technically, since their faces are covered in fur, the inside of their ears would turn red first.
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

I'm pretty certain the last two panels are referring to the fact that King was human for a very long time and as such he was thinking about whether or not being into dogs was normal for him.

... Pretty sure that's it. Also, that may be a nosebleed. D:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Wolfbane wrote:I'm pretty certain the last two panels are referring to the fact that King was human for a very long time and as such he was thinking about whether or not being into dogs was normal for him.

... Pretty sure that's it. Also, that may be a nosebleed. D:
I was just about to ask what he was thinking really hard about.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Donbefox

Post by Donbefox »

Argent wrote:This is why telepaths are never invited back to parties.
Kitsune isn't necessarily telepathic, just omniscient... and omnipotent... and apparently omnipresent... Just all of the "omnis". o3o
Argent

Post by Argent »

I'm sure that whatever King was thinking about will always remain a noodle incident.
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

What WAS King thinking of?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Good for you to take advantage to ask questions to a demigod, King, also if he's the jerk type one (but you kinda hate them all). ;) Uh, Great Kitsune, he has a mouth and can talk, let him tell you the questions. :P Perfect, the puppies are going to be beautiful and ubercute, then. :D But then, they're going to be the mortal reincarnation of those two? Yeah, better if Bailey doesn't know anything... :? Alright, the third "question" stays a mystery, but I wonder what could make King so bashful. :D Your grin is so cool, Great Kitsune, it shows the jerk you are. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I doubt we will ever know what the third question was because it is probably rated way beyond the forum rules.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

This is the best punchline Rick's ever written.

Argent wrote:I'm sure that whatever King was thinking about will always remain a noodle incident.
Yes, exactly! Those are the best jokes
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Seth wrote:
Argent wrote:I'm sure that whatever King was thinking about will always remain a noodle incident.
Yes, exactly! Those are the best jokes
As long as it's not beaten into the ground like the "jockstrap incident" on DBZ Abridged.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

dryideabat wrote:Also, thinking about, I'm sure Kitsune in all of his wisdom would have a legitimate reason for even reconsidering that reincarnating Pete/Dragon as Bailey's pups would be fair to her (maybe her chance to discipline those two and mold them into functioning members of society). Then again, what of the third pup?
Not that anyone would actually recognize them. Also from what I remember Pete/Dragon wont remember their Celestial lives while mortal. Which bugs me, cause if being mortal is supposed to be a learning experience for Pete/Dragon, making them forget their Celestial lives kind of defeats the purpose. On the other hand/paw it would be fun to see King giving puppy Pete a spanking. Not that that would necessarily happen.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I always thought that they would still remember their time as mortals once their terms were up. Then they would realize how much it meant.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Travis Retriever

Post by Travis Retriever »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:YES! TAKE THAT EVERYBODY THAT THOUGHT THAT KINGLEY'S PUPS WERE GONNA BE PETE AND DRAGON! YOU LOSE!

Uh I mean, looks like Rick doesn't want people coming after him and violently throwing Pokeballs at his head.

O:-) (Angel smiley)
Wait...THAT'S WHAT THE QUESTION IN THE SECOND PANEL WAS? O.O *HEAD EXPLODES* Thanks for answering it, as that one confused the heck out of me.

...*gets my masterball ready...just in case* :3
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

I find it quite amusing that Kitsune says that incarnating Pete and Dragon as the coming pups would be unfair to Bailey, while mentioning nothing about whether it would be fair to King to be stuck raising the celestial siblings.

Then for the last panel, poor King's so embarrassed his ears are turning red. As for the implications, well... kekekeke :twisted:
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Travis Retriever

Post by Travis Retriever »

CosmicCoyote wrote:I find it quite amusing that Kitsune says that incarnating Pete and Dragon as the coming pups would be unfair to Bailey, while mentioning nothing about whether it would be fair to King to be stuck raising the celestial siblings.

Then for the last panel, poor King's so embarrassed his ears are turning red. As for the implications, well... kekekeke :twisted:
I think I like this forum. :3 Lots of very observant people here. XD Most of the things posted here I never even noticed or thought of. o.o
GameCobra wrote:
Dissension wrote:[ Enter Intermission ]

Title Text: Well NOW I am!!

You're all perverts. ;3
If that's the case, so are you :3

If he's true to his word, I have to wonder what he's up to with Pete and Dragon. :3
I'm wondering when (or if) we'll see Pete & Dragon again.
Carlitosfmc wrote:Even if there's no clue, I'm still wondering what he would be thinking on the last question :O
You and me both! :D
Sartharina

Post by Sartharina »

Cesco wrote:Uh, Great Kitsune, he has a mouth and can talk, let him tell you the questions.
As if you've never skipped the voice-acting in a game after reading the subtitle first.
:P Perfect, the puppies are going to be beautiful and ubercute, then. :D But then, they're going to be the mortal reincarnation of those two? Yeah, better if Bailey doesn't know anything... :?
No, the puppies will NOT be mortal reincarnations of Pete and Dragon.
Alright, the third "question" stays a mystery, but I wonder what could make King so bashful. :D Your grin is so cool, Great Kitsune, it shows the jerk you are. :P
It's probably something kinky.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Um, wow. I didn't know about the pups theory until I was reading through the thread, losing my patience halfway through. If any major plot swerves happened, like the hybrid pups or god pups, I think the plot would go straight into crazy fanfiction land. I'd just thought Pete and Dragon would muck about as adult griffon and dragon in Babylon Gardens and one day we'd see them as background characters or appear in a small arc. These theories are nutty as heck. :P
All your acorns are belong to us.
Pudding

Post by Pudding »

I was thinking that Pete and Dragon would be Bailey's pups as well, but I'm glad that theory was shot down. Also that last panel :D :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yes so now that means that anybody that brings it up we can all just point and laugh at them. xD
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

Uhm, maybe someone has already commented on this...

But...

Everyone keeps talking about the "Or would it" line under Kitsune as it applies to rather or rather not it would "Be unfair to Bailey"....

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's a continuity thing. It's written there because it was actually physically inscribed on the statue when it showed up, and I think it was written on the statue a few updates ago as well. It appears to be commentary on what he's saying but I think it's just part of the statue...

Never mind, I read back and was mistaken. *derp*
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am telling you that Kingley's kids will not be Dragon and Pete. If they are, I'll lead the angry mob to Rick myself.