2015/09/14 - Apologetics

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Re: 2015/09/14 - Apologetics

Post by TheOne »

I'm wondering if some people here are confusing omnipresence with omniscience. Omnipresence is being everywhere (not everywhen) all at once. Omniscience is knowing everything.
Due to their ability to 'jump' through time it may seem like the cosmic nerds are omnipresent, but they seem to be more like Q in that regard, jumping back and forth through time, and gaining knowledge with each jump. And they're definitely not omniscient. If they were, they would know the results of the game before they even set up the "no weird time junk" rule. (Which would make the game irrelevant, not to mention pointless.)

It would make sense that the lamp would have a "remain cloaked until this setting is switched off" setting. Otherwise, Satau could have been suddenly cloaked in front of Dragon's eyes when Tarot came in range with the lamp.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Wow, I didn't realize just how big a jerk Spirit Dragon was - basically saying that mortals are only a means to an end. Maybe a certain dog will change that view ...
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Aww, poor sabercat, and it wasn't totally her fault (so it's a female)... :| Peanut was who started everything! :P Spirit Dragon, what do you have to reproach to Satau? The sabercat was being a danger to beat and there were other problems, those who neither Tarot seemed to know. ;) You had to know about the risks of having sent him forward in time... Anyway, he has seen the temple location, and it was you were looking for, it should be enough to you. :) Eheh, well, the age thing was unavoidable. :D Yeah, mortals, the paradox of demidogs: they can't get everything they wish without (use) them. :P
DigitalBrave3

Post by DigitalBrave3 »

All I have to say is :lol: .
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

GameCobra wrote:Think it's because of Peanut. She likes a dog, so it's safe to assume she likes all dogs. =3
I don't think the "cat or dog species favoritism" applies to demigods. I'm pretty sure it's just "mortals in general". :P
ImageImageImageImage
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

You know, I really feel bad for that widdle kitty now. Some puny strangers disturbed her (probably while she was sleeping in the trees), blinded her with some strange light, and knocked her unconscious... Yep, just one of those days I suppose.

I wouldn't put it past Dragon to have stripped Satau from his girlfriend. Definitely her M.O.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Was Tarot Mind Controlling Satau there? It looked like it for a second there...

Also, am I the only one here who's just wanting the crew to get exposed already to Dragon???
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:Was Tarot Mind Controlling Satau there? It looked like it for a second there...
Tarot has no mind controlling powers that we know of and even if she did it would be diminished due to the lack of a Dragon powering it up.
MrBlueSky7 wrote:Also, am I the only one here who's just wanting the crew to get exposed already to Dragon???
Let the awkward chaos ensue. ;)
rickgriffin wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Since Dragon was a teenager the last time we saw her, she must be a preteen or maybe 8 or 9 years old so I think the reference would be lost to her. X3
Try "an hour and a half, two hours ago tops"
HE SPEAKS!
So then she time traveled into the future?
Hi Hi Pie
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:[
MrBlueSky7 wrote:Also, am I the only one here who's just wanting the crew to get exposed already to Dragon???
Let the awkward chaos ensue. ;)
Peanut: Hi Dragon!

Dragon: Who are you?

Peanut: It's me Peanut! Remember?

Tarot: Peanut!

Peanut: Oh, never mind.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

rickgriffin wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Since Dragon was a teenager the last time we saw her, she must be a preteen or maybe 8 or 9 years old so I think the reference would be lost to her. X3
Then I guess she really doesn't care about who gets harmed or not.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Number9Dysonsphere wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:
HE SPEAKS!
So then she time traveled into the future?
No... Rick was saying her age hasn't changed particularly dramatically. The difference between Spirit Dragon last time we saw her and now would only be roughly analogous to a couple of hours (at most). It's not the equivalent of aging years.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

Dissension wrote: No... Rick was saying her age hasn't changed particularly dramatically. The difference between Spirit Dragon last time we saw her and now would only be roughly analogous to a couple of hours (at most). It's not the equivalent of aging years.
Thank you for clearing that up, sorry I was rather confused by his comment.
Hi Hi Pie
Sketchygenet

Post by Sketchygenet »

Xane wrote:So Dragon's into cats AND dogs. Scandalous!!!
I think We've been over this already. x)
Yarf!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

First off, welcome! Secondly, as a whole, we tend to not let things go.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Hey, maybe peanut taught Satu how to play The Game? What do you think that would do to history?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

So Peanut is the cause of this madness!?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

D-Rock wrote:So Peanut is the cause of this madness!?
Maybe.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well I do think that Peanut did cause the saber cat to go after them because the flash enraged her.