2015/12/16 - No More Monkeys Jumping On The Bed

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: 2015/12/16 - No More Monkeys Jumping On The Bed

Post by Obbl »

Adoring Fan wrote:Also, i know i have asked this several times.... Where are you guys getting those awesome banners!?
I'ma pick this up in a PM so as not to derail the lovely conversation going on here.

Rah Rah! Burn the heathen! etc. Please continue :P
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Let's hope that:

1) Great Kitsune has spoken the truth
2) The Vet isn't the fat PETA guy
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Felixthestoat

Post by Felixthestoat »

Yeah, I think it's time for the wolf house to drive him out, already.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I would imagine it's hard getting a vet license with a history of animal-related criminal activity!

Not all fat people are the same person you know. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sleet wrote:Not all fat people are the same person you know. :P
It could be his evil brother! :shock:
Panther

Post by Panther »

tsMKG wrote:The Vet isn't the fat PETA guy
Sleet wrote:Not all fat people are the same person you know. :P
I don't say he is (even if i'm not very away to do it , i know) ; but he should be
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Here comes a new evil character... Just do what the little corgi says, ok? ;) I thought right, this vet isn't the best... :? Well, the owner of Bailey isn't there and probably shouldn't neither be able to get there in time, always if he can. Anyway, now King is her "owner", as legal husband. :roll: Maybe the one with King and Bailey is the first case of married pets, but, does this vet really know how the thing work in his universe? Apparently, no. :P Aww, how cute is Elaine there. :D Eh, he talks about families... Unfortunately, you two are having a different concept of family... Dear vet, if you know the story behind King, then you'll need a psychologist. :P
valerio

Post by valerio »

Xane wrote:Unfortunately it has been heavily implied that pets outside of places like Babylon Gardens are treated like nothing but animals. The leash laws, Joel's pets, the puppy thrown off the bridge, the kid at Bailey's place and Bailey's own attitude towards herself as nothing but property all hint that for the world at large that pets aren't treated any differently than they are in our universe.

Bad bedside manner is the vet dismissing the midwives as useless. The "pets can't speak for themselves and your owners are terrible for letting you think you can" is just being a complete jerk.
In fact, Keene's job, which implies heavy political help, is to make sure that some rights are established, rather than letting Babylon Gardens being a walled-up oasis and ignore the rest of the big bad world. It's rather depressing, to think that 'hey, guys, just roll down, be good fuzzy things and stop believing you can be persons'.
Social evolution is not supposed to happen overnight, of course, but at least law can be used to make things better there.
Or the vet's attitude wouldn't just be 'bad bedside manners', but the natural supremacist attitude of a decent person, to which all good pets must bow and not talk at all.
Backlash

Post by Backlash »

Hang on, why doesn't Elaine have a tag on this comic?
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Backlash wrote:Hang on, why doesn't Elaine have a tag on this comic?
Yup, lately Rick is having problem with tags.

Here, Jack has the wrong tag: http://www.housepetscomic.com/2015/12/0 ... custodiet/
It should be ‘ “Four Finger Discount” Jack ’ (http://www.housepetscomic.com/tag/four- ... ount-jack/) Instead of simply ‘Jack’ (http://www.housepetscomic.com/tag/jack/)
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Tooths

Post by Tooths »

I noticed Bailey's tag is missing hers in this strip as well.
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely to the memory as the wish to forget it.
Argent

Post by Argent »

The vet isn't "evil". The vet character Samantha Walton I created in Richmond Acres is quite a bit like this. I could certainly see her having this reaction to "pet marriages".
Tooths wrote:Or if they will all be in cahoots and make up a different tale.
Have you ever visited Cahoots?
Frank wrote:
ChekeBello wrote:Well they are owned by spoiled ferrets
actually that's a good question: Do the ferrets (or rather, the Milton Trust Fund) own Bailey legally?
They don't even own King legally.

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I still have a wish to see the vet knocked down a peg or six.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Argent wrote:They don't even own King legally.
I can see people still searching King's first owner :lol:
Panther

Post by Panther »

tsMKG wrote:
Argent wrote:They don't even own King legally.
I can see people still searching King's first owner :lol:
They doesn't risk to find him soon :lol:
Xane wrote:
Argent wrote:The vet isn't "evil". The vet character Samantha Walton I created in Richmond Acres is quite a bit like this. I could certainly see her having this reaction to "pet marriages".
Well not evil, but his jerkitude is not offset by amusing antics like Pete, so he's just a plain old boring jerk who probably won't find much work in this town.
He's not evil , yes . Just a very old time jerk thinking the humans are the summit ; and pets to four , barking or meowing
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I sort of wish that Pete was around to show him why it is a bad idea to treat pets as lesser beings.
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

Panther wrote: Pets holding the middle ground between animals and humans : we should to say that it's a sort of pre-anthros . And if you dislike to threat animals as peoples ; you can stop to read this comic , because i strongly doubt rick Griffin will stop to draw these "pets" just for you feel better 8-)
Friend, you are aware how long I have been part of the community (but since my study took most of my time, silent). I was talking about the real world and (a bit) that comic. Just because I don't like the notion of "pets" being "equal" to humans, doesn't mean, that I dislike the whole comic. No need to get upset about that.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Jakkal wrote:
Panther wrote: Pets holding the middle ground between animals and humans : we should to say that it's a sort of pre-anthros . And if you dislike to threat animals as peoples ; you can stop to read this comic , because i strongly doubt rick Griffin will stop to draw these "pets" just for you feel better 8-)
Friend, you are aware how long I have been part of the community (but since my study took most of my time, silent). I was talking about the real world and (a bit) that comic. Just because I don't like the notion of "pets" being "equal" to humans, doesn't mean, that I dislike the whole comic. No need to get upset about that.
Yeah I actually agree with you sort of. I don't think that the pets should be treated as non-men, but I don't like it when the comic dwells upon their social status.
Panther

Post by Panther »

Jakkal wrote:
Read well my words : i haven't said you dislike the comic , but to threat animals as peoples ;)
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Jakkal is allowed to dislike treating animals as people in our world, and even in the comic if he so chooses (though I don't think he explicitly stated that), and still continue to read and even enjoy "Housepets!"
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm not sure that pets in our world would even know if they were being treated like a human or not. O_____o
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Knowing King, if Bailey doesn't flip out on this vet at some point he'll probably beat her to it.

It's really weird having these kinds of rights issues finally being brought to the forefront when one of the affected were once actually human.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wolfbane wrote:Knowing King, if Bailey doesn't flip out on this vet at some point he'll probably beat her to it.

It's really weird having these kinds of rights issues finally being brought to the forefront when one of the affected were once actually human.
Like Raditz once said, "aww, look, he thinks he's people."
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Waiting patiently for King and/or Bailey to flip out on this creep.