2016/01/01 - Lady In Mondegreen

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
tsMKG

Re: 2016/01/01 - Lady In Mondegreen

Post by tsMKG »

Humm... There's some weird going here.

Anyone remembers how's Sasha's owner? :?

Let's hope things go well.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*pops out from under a tree* Sasha's tail is white in one panel :3 *digs back under the tree*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Also its nice to see Sasha and some of the Police dogs again. Its been a while since they had a strip.

Addendum: Also a lot of people seem to be saying that it would be awkward for fox but i can see any reason that that would be the case. I mean, Fox literally realized he had a crush on her only to have it shot down two minutes later. Plus there was no real evidence that he felt any real heartache afterwords. I just cant see any real emotional reaction since there was nothing there to begin with..
Image Image
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just like seeing more Kevin in general.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Adoring Fan wrote: Addendum: Also a lot of people seem to be saying that it would be awkward for fox but i can see any reason that that would be the case. I mean, Fox literally realized he had a crush on her only to have it shot down two minutes later. Plus there was no real evidence that he felt any real heartache afterwords. I just cant see any real emotional reaction since there was nothing there to begin with..
Good thinking!
I also might add that if he really felt some heartache, he wouldn't had started anything with those two colorful husky girls from "heaven is not enough". I think that was already a sign that he moved on, maybe that's why he remembered he wanted to join the K-9?
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I just like seeing more Kevin in general.
Me too, it's always funny to see him (well most of the time) especielly together with Sasha :mrgreen:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I just think its wishful thinking on most part. Me not he other hand, I had no idea that Foxsha was THAT popular. I thought for sure more people preferred this Follegra I heard about. I only wanted Foxsha to make Kevin single.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

can I leave avatar crops from the comic here?
Sasha.gif
Sasha.gif (3.85 KiB) Viewed 13464 times
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

drivernjax wrote:
CosmicCoyote wrote:Huh. I've been singing it wrong all this time. :P

(since some people seem to not understand, it's a parody of the old Scotch song 'Auld Lang Syne', traditionally sung on New Years.)
To quote an old Scotsman I spoke with once. "Scotch is a bloody drrrink. A pairson from Scotland is a Scot." LOL.
Take it up with Robert Burns himself.
On 17th December 1788, Burns said in a letter to Mrs Dunlop: 'Your meeting which you so well describe with your old schoolfellow and friend was truly interesting. Out upon the ways of the world! They spoil these 'social offsprings of the hear'. Two veterans of the 'men of the world' would have met with little more heart-workings than two old hacks worn out on the road. Apropos, is not the Scotch phrase Auld lang syne exceedingly expressive? There is an old song and tune which has often thrilled through my soul. You know I am an enthusiast in old Scotch songs. I shall give you the verses on the other sheet...
-----
Adoring Fan wrote: Addendum: Also a lot of people seem to be saying that it would be awkward for fox but i can see any reason that that would be the case. I mean, Fox literally realized he had a crush on her only to have it shot down two minutes later. Plus there was no real evidence that he felt any real heartache afterwords. I just cant see any real emotional reaction since there was nothing there to begin with..
Also, if we're going comic time = roughly real world time, Fox's crush was nearly three years ago. People get over things like that over time.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Trey

Post by Trey »

Everything needs more dobermans~
Kevin isn't the brightest but he's just way to hilarious not to see more as well as Sasha! They are my favorite couple.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

CosmicCoyote wrote: Also, if we're going comic time = roughly real world time, Fox's crush was nearly three years ago. People get over things like that over time.
Peanut kept his crush on Grape going for about 2 years.
TendoTwo

Post by TendoTwo »

I am not sure which confuses me more, the way Sasha is messing up the lyrics.... or the fact that the dogs apparently have a burlesque place....
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

Trey wrote:
Kevin isn't the brightest but he's just way to hilarious not to see more as well as Sasha! They are my favorite couple.
Thank you for reading my mind and putting it into words for me. And, of course, Sasha about as bright as a blown out light bulb, too.
SuperStar wrote:
CosmicCoyote wrote: Also, if we're going comic time = roughly real world time, Fox's crush was nearly three years ago. People get over things like that over time.
Peanut kept his crush on Grape going for about 2 years.
Actually, I think Peanut still has a bit of a crush on her, even though he does have a girlfriend.

Mod Edit: Avoid double posting. If your last post is still the most recent, please don't post a new reply. Use the edit button on your post which is already there to add more.
Trey

Post by Trey »

drivernjax wrote:
Trey wrote:
Thank you for reading my mind and putting it into words for me. And, of course, Sasha about as bright as a blown out light bulb, too.
'Tis not a problem and yea, I still remember that strip with Bino and Sasha and she was talking about crickets and aliens and what not when Bino asked her a simple question about their relationship haha xD
Liam

Post by Liam »

Also, if you're confused by the strip title.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

Liam wrote:Also, if you're confused by the strip title.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen
I had never heard of this until you put the link in your comment. I've met SOOOO many people who do this. My mother is notorious for calling melatonin melananin even after I've corrected her over 50 times. Now, when she needs some melananin, I know exactly what to purchase for her.
The Fake English

Post by The Fake English »

FIRST CO- I mean

I don't quite know that song since I'm not northamerican
valerio

Post by valerio »

The Fake English wrote:FIRST CO- I mean

I don't quite know that song since I'm not northamerican
Using a mondegreen (as explicated in the link previously posted), Sasha is singing a burlesque version of the traditional theme "Auld Lang Syne"
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

TendoTwo wrote:I am not sure which confuses me more, the way Sasha is messing up the lyrics.... or the fact that the dogs apparently have a burlesque place....
Well I would be more confused about the first, since we saw Sasha playing a song on a small piano and the song was made up in her mind the moment she sat down on said piano. I would had thought she would remember the lyrics of such a song, but on the other hands maybe she also had some orange soda and just wanted to have some fun.

Also where did she got that dress and the two pearl necklaces? Well maybe Kevin does gives her much more often presents than Bino did.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

She made up a song on the piano before, so she is probably great at making songs up but not remembering actual songs.

As for the gifts, they could have been something that her owner got her in order to get her a job at said place to make more beer money.
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
TendoTwo wrote:I am not sure which confuses me more, the way Sasha is messing up the lyrics.... or the fact that the dogs apparently have a burlesque place....
Well I would be more confused about the first, since we saw Sasha playing a song on a small piano and the song was made up in her mind the moment she sat down on said piano. I would had thought she would remember the lyrics of such a song, but on the other hands maybe she also had some orange soda and just wanted to have some fun.

Also where did she got that dress and the two pearl necklaces? Well maybe Kevin does gives her much more often presents than Bino did.
That would explain why she dumped Bino.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:Also where did she got that dress and the two pearl necklaces? Well maybe Kevin does gives her much more often presents than Bino did.
It seems to be a house of Burlesque. They usually have sensational outfits for all their performers.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:Also where did she got that dress and the two pearl necklaces? Well maybe Kevin does gives her much more often presents than Bino did.
It seems to be a house of Burlesque. They usually have sensational outfits for all their performers.
Okay I didn't know that, thanks for the info :D
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Usually custom/tailor made for the performer.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't think Kevin would think to give her gifts THAT fancy. Maybe a little better than Bino but NOT like that.

And she isn't a gold digger. Scatterbrained yes, but she dumped Bino because she was tired of his attitude.
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

I don't look at the comic for 2 days and then Sasha is singing and dancing in front of Fox and Kevin........happy new years to me.
And a very happy new years to you all.
Hi Hi Pie
cuteycindyhoney

Post by cuteycindyhoney »

Sasha looks simply lovely in her gown. Who knew she was such a talented lyricist as well?

Has anyone else Googled "Owl Gang Signs"?

:D
The animated signature I've used for years is too big for this forum! When I get time, I'll have to deconstruct it and make it smaller!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just did and some of the results are very funny.
JamesWolf

Post by JamesWolf »

why do i here her singing in a slow, riskay, jessica rabit type voice?
GameCobra wrote:*pops out from under a tree* Sasha's tail is white in one panel :3 *digs back under the tree*
your right 0.0
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can picture her trying to go that way but messing up halfway and singing in a high pitched annoying voice. :D
Argent

Post by Argent »

drivernjax wrote:To quote an old Scotsman I spoke with once. "Scotch is a bloody drrrink. A pairson from Scotland is a Scot." LOL.
"Scotch" is an adjective, it applies to songs as well as whiskey.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Scotch can also be a verb, usually with the meaning "to halt abruptly, stifle, snuff out."

Well, Sasha demonstrated long ago she wasn't too good with lyrics. Remember her joyful jumbling of "Little Jack Horner" in Rhyme Time [June 13, 2012]? Reminds me of the songs of Pogo Possum (relation to Jessica undetermined).

Sarah's singing voice - probably one of those hyper-cutsie baby-doll trills that makes all your teeth fillings vibrate. But it should be Shirley Bassey, Linda Ronstadt, or Edie Gormie, Sasha could really belt out a torch song ... And, boy, SHE'S KILLING THAT COCKTAIL GOWN !!!

...Kevin bringing Fox to her show, knowing his feelings for Sasha, represents one more of his oafish frat-boy slaps at poor ol' "Foxy-bon".

Man, Sasha just roars that dress, though. ...!