Saturn381

Re: 2016/04/18 - Weasel Words

Post by Saturn381 »

Oh Breel, you're such a flirt.

Also, hey guys! I'm back! :D
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Saturn381 wrote:Oh Breel, you're such a flirt.

Also, hey guys! I'm back! :D
Sabrina! XD
Image Image
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

BasedDook wrote:If I remember correctly, Keene still has his personal bit of mana
I don't think so. Unless Karishad was given a bit of mana himself (or he just summoned it, since the universe bends to his will), Keene's mana was used to send Satau back to the past in Housepets! 5000 BC.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
BasedDook

Post by BasedDook »

Retto-the-Otter wrote:
BasedDook wrote:If I remember correctly, Keene still has his personal bit of mana
I don't think so. Unless Karishad was given a bit of mana himself (or he just summoned it, since the universe bends to his will), Keene's mana was used to send Satau back to the past in Housepets! 5000 BC.
I feel like if that manna was Keene's we would have gotten a comic to confirm that's where it came from. It wouldn't be the first time Kari managed to have the right item at the right time out of pure luck. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Signed,
the very worst ferret butler in the world.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

We have confirmation because Keene was studying it (that very egg) when Karishad had it. If you go back and look threw the strips you'll find him giving it to a guy in a labcoat...

oh my gosh, I just figured out who was in panel two of that previous strip! :o
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

I don't know if it's the lack of a collar, but Keene's neck looks much longer than normal.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Travis Retriever

Post by Travis Retriever »

Adoring Fan wrote:Lets not kid ourselves here... A death in the main cast, a clear innuendo, and a new cast-member who is most likely gay. We are deep into PG-13 territory already. Not nearly at the level of many other generally clean Anthropomorphic comics (whose names i will not mention here out of respect for Rick Griffin). But we have already crossed the PG limit.
Wait...that other ferret is a guy? O.o I thought it was a girl.

And speaking of which...
AmberTheWolfKit wrote:Well, if you want to get technical, Rick already hit on gay vibes with Bruce and Roosevelt. They're pretty affectionate with each other, and if I'm not mistaken the bit of dialogue they have on the plane alludes to them dating.

Now, I could just be reading into this a bit too much, but even the wiki says this isn't the first time we've gone into hinting homosexuality before:
Whaaa! I thought they were male and female...Well now...this *is* interesting. So gonna have to re-read the older comics. n.n
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Rick confirmed Breel is a guy over twitter, so it's okay if you missed that.
But how could you not know about Bruce and Roosevelt? *tsk tsk* :P
Unusuallynamedperson

Easy, you live under a rock like the rest of us normal people :P
Travis Retriever

Post by Travis Retriever »

Obbl wrote:Rick confirmed Breel is a guy over twitter, so it's okay if you missed that.
But how could you not know about Bruce and Roosevelt? *tsk tsk* :P
I didn't pay attention to the tags for their names. X3; Also, I thought Roosevelt was more of an androgynous name.
BasedDook

Post by BasedDook »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:We have confirmation because Keene was studying it (that very egg) when Karishad had it. If you go back and look threw the strips you'll find him giving it to a guy in a labcoat...
This one?
I think that came out three years before we saw Karishad with a mana piece in the comic.
While it's totally possible that Karishad stole the mana from Keene's scientist, these comics don't confirm that since these two strips came out far apart from one another. Like others have mentioned, Kari basically has the power of serendipitous luck. It's totally in the realm of possibility in this comic for him to just "find" his own piece of mana since that's how his character operates. I think that there's a reason Rick wrote the story so that Keene was the one given a piece of mana. If the only mana we'd see in the comic is the one used by Kari and company to send Satau back, why wouldn't the mana piece just be given to Kari directly? I feel like there are going to be greater consequences with the mana piece from Pete that tie in directly with Keene's development as a character and I think we might be seeing the culmination of that here. It's just a theory, but we'll find out by the end of the arc! :)
Signed,
AmberTheWolfKit

Post by AmberTheWolfKit »

Travis Retriever wrote:
Adoring Fan wrote:Lets not kid ourselves here... A death in the main cast, a clear innuendo, and a new cast-member who is most likely gay. We are deep into PG-13 territory already. Not nearly at the level of many other generally clean Anthropomorphic comics (whose names i will not mention here out of respect for Rick Griffin). But we have already crossed the PG limit.
Wait...that other ferret is a guy? O.o I thought it was a girl.

And speaking of which...
AmberTheWolfKit wrote:Well, if you want to get technical, Rick already hit on gay vibes with Bruce and Roosevelt. They're pretty affectionate with each other, and if I'm not mistaken the bit of dialogue they have on the plane alludes to them dating.

Now, I could just be reading into this a bit too much, but even the wiki says this isn't the first time we've gone into hinting homosexuality before:
Whaaa! I thought they were male and female...Well now...this *is* interesting. So gonna have to re-read the older comics. n.n
Yep, they're both guys! And I wouldn't say you have to reread the old comics, considering that these two are unfortunately minor characters, it wouldn't change much.

Unless you want to see a cute kangaroo couple~
I have no idea what I'm doing here.

But hey, I'll roll with it.
Argent

Post by Argent »

BasedDook wrote:While it's totally possible that Karishad stole the mana from Keene's scientist, these comics don't confirm that since these two strips came out far apart from one another. Like others have mentioned, Kari basically has the power of serendipitous luck. It's totally in the realm of possibility in this comic for him to just "find" his own piece of mana since that's how his character operates. I think that there's a reason Rick wrote the story so that Keene was the one given a piece of mana. If the only mana we'd see in the comic is the one used by Kari and company to send Satau back, why wouldn't the mana piece just be given to Kari directly? I feel like there are going to be greater consequences with the mana piece from Pete that tie in directly with Keene's development as a character and I think we might be seeing the culmination of that here. It's just a theory, but we'll find out by the end of the arc! :)
Karishad is also working with Keene and we know he's perfectly comfortable with pranking his boss.

Also, Rick has indicated he's uncomfortable with the Cosmic Nerds impact on the story, and cleaning up an unfired Chekhov's Hand-grenade is in character.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
BasedDook

Post by BasedDook »

Argent wrote:Karishad is also working with Keene and we know he's perfectly comfortable with pranking his boss.

Also, Rick has indicated he's uncomfortable with the Cosmic Nerds impact on the story, and cleaning up an unfired Chekhov's Hand-grenade is in character.
Fair enough. I just think it's awfully coincidental that Keene had involvement in the cosmic game and now he's in heaven where all of that was at one point being operated from. Until, we get verbal or print confirmation from Rick, I think it's still a possibility that the mana will come back into play in some way. I saw a post by D-Rock in the "Crunchatorium Discussion Thread" that I really liked too and it would not only explain why Keene gave the egg to his scientist but also why we haven't seen Keene's reaction to losing something valuable. He thought maybe Keene was manufacturing mana using the one egg he got as a sort of model. I thought that was a really cool theory and if that's the case, I'd expect Heaven wouldn't be happy to find out about it, and perhaps that's why he's been "summoned" here (IE he's not actually dead, he's just being served a cease and desist order).

I think that's definitely something that Keene would try to do.
Signed,
Unusuallynamedperson

No they would send a patron for that. Like Cerberus or Kitsune to take care of diplomatic matters...
BasedDook

Post by BasedDook »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:No they would send a patron for that. Like Cerberus or Kitsune to take care of diplomatic matters...
I don't know about that, since we've never seen that kind of situation before. In the past when Kitsune or Cerberus were sent it was to deliver a message or solve a relatively small matter. We don't know how the gods would react to having their miracles basically being counterfeited. It could be a serious enough issue that they bring the culprit (Keene) to them.
Signed,