2016/05/16 - The Third

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Frank

Re: 2016/05/16 - The Third

Post by Frank »

Jakkal wrote:
Argent wrote:
Jakkal wrote:Is it just me, or did we (until now) never meet a father (figure) in heaven. They either live longer, or don't want to stay with their spouse at all (?). A bit strange, to be honest.
Marriage is a human thing. Some real-world species do form family groups, but by no means all, and it's been implied that HP species are similar in habit to their real-world counterparts.
still, we just met only mothers, never fathers.
So far we've seen 3 such encounters. Is this a representative sample?

About 20 billion people have lived and died -- quite a bit more if we include all fuzzy things. To be able to assert everyone is only interested in their mother and not their father, we'd need to see over 100,000 samples

Let's supposed you only care about the in-comic characters. According to the Housepets! wikia there have been 65 named characters. A representative sample of that is about 8

So, no, we can't conclude anything from these 3 encounters. At least 5 more characters need to "die"
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Macsen wrote:*looks back*

...I think Fox turned into a pup when he saw his Mom, too. I didn't notice before, but his sizing compared to King does shift somewhat when his Mom appears.

;_;
Nope, Fox was sitting in that strip.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Wow.... That's..... That was so sad and yet so sweet and yet so.... Arrrrg! I think my heart grew three sizes after reading this!

There is a good point though, we have never seen anyone except the mothers even with king, and the saying that animals are different doesn't count there because he was born a human. However, i think the reason that this is used is that mothers tend to on average be the nurturing one especially in a child's youngest days. This is of course just a commonality and not a rule. All i can say is that Keens heaven must be close to mine.. To live the care free life of a 5 year old again....
Image Image
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

I want a mother like that ;-; it shouldn't have hit me so hard but it did
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Geez, this one made me get a little teary-eyed. Time for some good old closure.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

But, why run away from that room? You don't know nothing of Heaven... :? Hopefully, the fact that you need to catch breath means that you're really alive. :D That's a curious place, and what awesome surprise inside that house! :D How come Keene became a kid again in from of his mom? :P It doesn't matter now, he's simply really cute so small! :D Lovely scene, but with a little sadness inside... :) Well, Keene shouldn't have so much time available, otherwise it would take too much time to talk about of also the crazy things he faced because of Karishad. :P
Who's gonna be the fourth animal that Keen will meet in heaven? ;)
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

I can't wait to see my mom. And my dad. I hope it's just like that.
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
AuraSight

Post by AuraSight »

Dangit Rick stop making me cry. ;-;
Do you like conversations? I like conversations! Feel free to message me and we can talk about stuff and things! ^^
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

So, I take it Keene's mom hasn't been watching over him from heaven? So either she was too busy to think about him or the maternal bond is weaker for ferrets. I think the second is more likely.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Yes, Keene is of evil alignment, but Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas.
Frank wrote:awww keene learned he can alter his appearance!

...what, you thought i was going to say "aww little kit keene"?
I don't think he realized that; it was probably a subconscious thing and his "body" reacted.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Douglas Collier wrote:So, I take it Keene's mom hasn't been watching over him from heaven? So either she was too busy to think about him or the maternal bond is weaker for ferrets. I think the second is more likely.
As of so far, it's never been established that one can do that (besides celestials). Not even Fox's husky friends have tried to do that, and of all the characters met in heaven they'd be the most likely to do something like that. The only thing similar to that would be becoming a spirit due to having unfinished business, and since Kenee's mother didn't do that it can be assumed she thought her part was done in raising Keene & the other ferrets.
ImageImageImageImage
Douglas Collier

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:So, I take it Keene's mom hasn't been watching over him from heaven? So either she was too busy to think about him or the maternal bond is weaker for ferrets. I think the second is more likely.
As of so far, it's never been established that one can do that (besides celestials). Not even Fox's husky friends have tried to do that, and of all the characters met in heaven they'd be the most likely to do something like that. The only thing similar to that would be becoming a spirit due to having unfinished business, and since Kenee's mother didn't do that it can be assumed she thought her part was done in raising Keene & the other ferrets.
Well, there was the room of recall - I imagine there would be something like that to view your loved ones. If not, I can't imagine how anyone who had a loved one could relax - I mean, King couldn't stop thinking about Bailey the whole time he was in heaven. The only way it would work in that case would be if you erased the deceased's memories of everyone they ever cared about, which sounds more like a horrible dystopia than a paradise.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, it was rather explicitly expressed by everyone around King that he was overly fretting (indicating that, in universe, King's view was the minority view). Plus if one is dead with all eternity stretched before them and knows that in a (comparatively) short period of time all of one's loved ones will be there (or not but one has no influence further on that outcome), it seems to me that one would soon come to accept the wait and occupy one's time with the infinitely myriad possibilities that Heaven provides until one can spend that time with the awaited loved ones (which really isn't that bad of a gig if you ask me).
Retto-the-Otter wrote:Yes, Keene is of evil alignment, but Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas.
Keene really, truly isn't evil :P
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

The mind is a plaything of the body, and sometimes vice versa.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Obbl wrote:
Retto-the-Otter wrote:Yes, Keene is of evil alignment, but Even Bad Men Love Their Mamas.
Keene really, truly isn't evil :P
I see him more as Lawful Neutral. He doesn't take sides, he goes after his own goals, while utilizing legal loopholes where possible to achieve those goals
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Keene really, truly isn't evil :P[/quote]
From what I've seen, he's Lawful Evil; he's not a monster (and therefore not of chaotic alignment), but he admits to the latter half of his alignment in the same breath in "Fight Court".

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I take that to mean he's willing to be evil, but he's also willing to be good. It depends on if it benefits him. so Lawful Neutral
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Good point.

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorry for being late on this. Was sick. :(

Keene's the stubborn type of good: He wants things done his way and will step on your cute feet to get it done if necessary. that's what i got out of him. =P

I found this adorable as well. Love how he instantly switches to a kid upon hearing his mon. <3 (I also find it amusing that we see him at full door body height before switching to kid height. too use to not seeing him standing on his full body.)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Douglas Collier

Obbl wrote:Plus if one is dead with all eternity stretched before them and knows that in a (comparatively) short period of time all of one's loved ones will be there (or not but one has no influence further on that outcome), it seems to me that one would soon come to accept the wait and occupy one's time with the infinitely myriad possibilities that Heaven provides until one can spend that time with the awaited loved ones (which really isn't that bad of a gig if you ask me).
I don't know, I'd feel pretty guilty if one of my friends came to me and told me he had suffered a terrible life while I hadn't cared at all - and guilt isn't in heaven as far as I know. There's a possible inequality problem there too - if you had an easy life or barely even tried to be good, and everyone got the same treatment of being equally in bliss, wouldn't the person who suffered or worked hard be kind of cheated? Doesn't he deserve more than the other guy? Bah! This topic is too touchy for me! :?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Obbl wrote:Plus if one is dead with all eternity stretched before them and knows that in a (comparatively) short period of time all of one's loved ones will be there (or not but one has no influence further on that outcome), it seems to me that one would soon come to accept the wait and occupy one's time with the infinitely myriad possibilities that Heaven provides until one can spend that time with the awaited loved ones (which really isn't that bad of a gig if you ask me).
I don't know, I'd feel pretty guilty if one of my friends came to me and told me he had suffered a terrible life while I hadn't cared at all - and guilt isn't in heaven as far as I know. There's a possible inequality problem there too - if you had an easy life or barely even tried to be good, and everyone got the same treatment of being equally in bliss, wouldn't the person who suffered or worked hard be kind of cheated? Doesn't he deserve more than the other guy? Bah! This topic is too touchy for me! :?
I'm sure that would all depend on how one imagines Heaven to work. Going further than this, however, will lead to a theological/philosophical debate that I doubt we can have here.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

D-Rock wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:
I'm sure that would all depend on how one imagines Heaven to work. Going further than this, however, will lead to a theological/philosophical debate that I doubt we can have here.
I'm not sure where I watched it, was an old tv series, but in its definition of afterlife people in heaven could not see could not worry to much about their loved ones until they reached heaven as well, in the other hand those in the underworld would see their beloved ones' life carry one constantly.

The idea on that was that those recently dead are still highly attached to mortal world, and expose them to it was a torture preventing them from moving on.

Just look at King, he was sick worried about Bailey, and still spend a lot of time in Heaven without noticing, but no enjoy it to his max cuz his attachment to the mortal world.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote:There's a possible inequality problem there too - if you had an easy life or barely even tried to be good, and everyone got the same treatment of being equally in bliss, wouldn't the person who suffered or worked hard be kind of cheated?
When you divide infinity by a rational number, no matter what the number is, you get the same result.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

Frank wrote: So far we've seen 3 such encounters. Is this a representative sample?

About 20 billion people have lived and died -- quite a bit more if we include all fuzzy things. To be able to assert everyone is only interested in their mother and not their father, we'd need to see over 100,000 samples

Let's supposed you only care about the in-comic characters. According to the Housepets! wikia there have been 65 named characters. A representative sample of that is about 8

So, no, we can't conclude anything from these 3 encounters. At least 5 more characters need to "die"
Never said about representation. But we still didn't. Did we? No need to get that defensive.
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

*Sniff* *sniff* God dangit, who left this bowl of onions here :cry:
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Obbl wrote:Let the squees commence :D
Nope, I we squeed, this would happen:
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.