2016/05/23 - Shall We Gather At The Train

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Argent

Re: 2016/05/23 - Shall We Gather At The Train

Post by Argent »

Nameless coyote wrote:
Argent wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:One interesting possibility as to why there don't seem to be any humans in heaven - if they can change form at will, why would you want to appear as a human?
You'd think, but in Second Life where you can look like anything you want a lot of humans want to look like humans, weird as it sounds.
I don't know about Second Life, so I'm going to ask - how much effort does it require to not look like human there? If it's even only "a little more" it can actually be a major factor.
These days, it's about the same as putting on a new dress, jacket, or hairstyle.
Adoring Fan wrote:You know whats funny? I just realized that in the last strip Keene was protesting because his mother offered to hold his hand to make him feel better yet in the first image of this strip hes holding her hand :D
Yes, that was cute and sweet.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Adoring Fan wrote:You know whats funny? I just realized that in the last strip Keene was protesting because his mother offered to hold his hand to make him feel better yet in the first image of this strip hes holding her hand :D
Do keep in mind, she's been permanently gone from his life for a very long time, probably. The opportunity to do something even as simple as hold her hand again is something that's probably never crossed Keene's mind.

It's super touching.
raxim42

Post by raxim42 »

I must have missed that Breel was confirmed as a guy. So then is there something Keene has been neglecting to tell us? Or do genders not even matter in heaven?

Not that I'd have a problem with that. I just need to know how to read the strip, man.
House42

Post by House42 »

Argent wrote:
Foreigner wrote:Maybe some of them were humans. And they prefer to be animals in Heaven.
As one does.
Urge to make "In all forms except physical, I am a wolf" joke... Rising...
Scruff

Post by Scruff »

Breel hugs! :D

Love the little fang-peek Rick does with his mustelids and kitties, too
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It's entirely possible that Keene could project his interest into his mom, but i'm sure she wouldn't mind :3

Only now when i see that green huskie, i keep thinking it's like a sister version of me. X3 But it's cute seeing her show up in the middle of this arc. Thank you, Rick, for the surprise cameo :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Scruff

Post by Scruff »

raxim42 wrote:I must have missed that Breel was confirmed as a guy. So then is there something Keene has been neglecting to tell us? Or do genders not even matter in heaven?

Not that I'd have a problem with that. I just need to know how to read the strip, man.
See this
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Well, if this works out Fox is no longer single. :D
Also maybe Breel and Keene could get together.
I wonder how many other Housepets characters still need a date?
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

HellishK9 wrote:Well, if this works out Fox is no longer single. :D
Yes. All he need to do is to die...
My English is bad. Sorry for that.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

So its looking like he was in heaven on accident then I wonder if he has to do something to get his life back or if its just automatic. Also I agree with basically everyone here, I really wish Breel would stick around.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Foreigner wrote:
Unless the letter is some sort of connection thing, allowing her to visit him.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

It's nice see that Keene will finally be back on Earth. :) Eheh, his mom accompanied him by hand, despite he's back as adult. :P That's so cute of Breel, but he's caring more to Keene than his mother. ;) Breel would know everything of you, Keene. :D Oh, it's great that the green husky angel still thinks of Fox, despite he seems to don't care about. She must be really in love with him, but this looks to be an impossible love... :P ;)
BTW, that train must be really big. :D
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

that face in panel four :lol:

I wonder if Keene will read it first.
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Foreigner wrote:
She could reincarnate to a point at or somewhat after Fox is born, so she can be with him in the present. :3
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Unless the letter is some sort of connection thing, allowing her to visit him
Macsen wrote: She could reincarnate to a point at or somewhat after Fox is born, so she can be with him in the present. :3
Both very true.
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

I don't think that's how Reincarnation works..
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
BasedDook

Post by BasedDook »

IceKitsune wrote:So its looking like he was in heaven on accident then I wonder if he has to do something to get his life back or if its just automatic. Also I agree with basically everyone here, I really wish Breel would stick around.
Imagine what if something goes wrong with the process to bring Keene back to life and Breel, Cerberus, and Keene's mom are stuck on Earth. Could make for some fun shenanigans. Then at the end, Cerberus gives Breel and/or Keene's mom the option of sticking around? Maybe Keene's destiny was to die in order to meet Breel and then go back to Earth. Only Cerberus knows what's going to happen now.
Signed,
the very worst ferret butler in the world.
Argent

Post by Argent »

FancyHat wrote:I don't think that's how Reincarnation works..
Weird time stuff is totally OK outside the game.
VoidGaming404

Post by VoidGaming404 »

D-Rock wrote:Well, Keene, now you HAVE to haunt the Earth (weird how casual that is in Heaven), no one likes an unreliable messenger. Also, geez, does EVERYONE want Breel?
I could imagine Breel as the one everyone likes :lol: that lucky guy looks like he doesn't even have to try xD

I tried to say something else, but for some reason, the word kept autocorrecting to 'within the automobile' :?
Last edited by VoidGaming404 on Mon May 23, 2016 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like a rollercoaster, sure there's ups and downs, but you may find that it can throw you for a loop!

~VoidGaming404

Christmas Avatar was made by Jolty-Kun

Original Avatar was made by Buster
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Am I like the ONLY one that's really upset about Keene being dead, and horrifically worried about his siblings since they are very incompetent compared to him?

I feel like I'm alone in my worries here...
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Haru Totetsu wrote:Am I like the ONLY one that's really upset about Keene being dead, and horrifically worried about his siblings since they are very incompetent compared to him?

Nope, Same here.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Eh he'll come back, I'm sure of it! Don't worry about it. Rick's well aware of that comic trope. Heck, he mocked it with Spot (superdog) comics.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

I tend to be more passive; I know where I think the story is going and where I want it to go, but it's not my story. When I read, I let the author take me where s/he wants to go.

Whether Keene is dead or alive, his presence in Heaven is a big development and will have lasting consequences. Whichever one is canon, I'm sure there will be fan fiction exploring the other path(s).

Also, I just realized that Keene is Schrödinger's Ferret.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Haru Totetsu wrote:Am I like the ONLY one that's really upset about Keene being dead, and horrifically worried about his siblings since they are very incompetent compared to him?
Most of us are totally in denial. Keene's not dead, he's just sleeping.

The fourth is going to be either a giant space whale or a multi-tailed fox, and they're going to tell him to WAKE UP. And he's going to go "what a weird dream..." and then pull out the envelope... OR WAS IT? Muahaha.

So since we're expecting that Rick's going to do something completely different.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Argent wrote:

The fourth is going to be either a giant space whale or a multi-tailed fox, and they're going to tell him to WAKE UP. And he's going to go "what a weird dream..." and then pull out the envelope... OR WAS IT? Muahaha.

So since we're expecting that Rick's going to do something completely different.
But t you've warned us now so no-one will expect Plan A to return.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Nameless coyote

Post by Nameless coyote »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Argent wrote:

But t you've warned us now so no-one will expect Plan A to return.
But now that you said that, everyone will expect the original outcome so... uhmm...
What could possibly go wrong...?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Nameless coyote wrote:But now that you said that, everyone will expect the original outcome so... uhmm...
Ah, but I have spent many years building up a resistance to plot twists.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Foreigner wrote:
Unless the letter is some sort of connection thing, allowing her to visit him.
"Connection thing" reminds me of Sunset Shimmer's book that she uses to contact Twilight Sparkle... I think that a magic letter acting as an SMS device could be a real possibility.

Or it could just say, "Please accept my phone calls. It's set up so I'll pay for everything. Just let me speak with you again. Remember, my number is (insert unreadable number here)"

I wonder how many "come back to Earth" functions this universe has. We've seen "wake up" and we know that reincarnation (in the comic) is possible. The Denziens of Heaven (that sounds like an awesome name for a band, by the way) seem to think that haunting is possible, but there seems to be a lack of talk on resurrection. What if miss Green Pup could just be resurrected as a full-grown, competent, fully cognizant animal, keeping in her memory everything she knew and felt about Fox? I see that as being possible without having to grow up again or mess with weird time junk.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Cesco wrote:It's nice see that Keene will finally be back on Earth. :) Eheh, his mom accompanied him by hand, despite he's back as adult. :P That's so cute of Breel, but he's caring more to Keene than his mother. ;) Breel would know everything of you, Keene. :D Oh, it's great that the green husky angel still thinks of Fox, despite he seems to don't care about. She must be really in love with him, but this looks to be an impossible love... :P ;)
BTW, that train must be really big. :D

As far as this comic states he does not remember what happened in heaven. Thats what i used to start my FF (which i have to continue now thanks to the boot from Rick ^^)
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
AllgoodGuy

Post by AllgoodGuy »

Anyone notice that Keene is totally holding his mother's hand in the first panel? :lol:
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Yep.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Nah, he's not really dead (I hope), then, he's going back to Earth. ;) But yes, there's to worry about his siblings... But Karishad! He's now totally free to do the craziest things in the mansion! :? :P
AllgoodGuy wrote:Anyone notice that Keene is totally holding his mother's hand in the first panel? :lol:
Of course, but look better, he's holding her hand in all the four panels. ;) How cute. :lol:
ghostwalker

Post by ghostwalker »

https://www.housepetscomic.com/2014/10/ ... -too-much/

Finally! Hopefully Fox will answer the phone this time.

And it's so sweet of Breel to come with Keene! Those two make quite the couple! Keene's mother is right, Breel IS quite a looker, isn't he? :)
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Why do I get the feeling that the letter to Fox is not gonna reach its destination?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wolfbane wrote:
Do keep in mind, she's been permanently gone from his life for a very long time, probably. The opportunity to do something even as simple as hold her hand again is something that's probably never crossed Keene's mind.

It's super touching.
I likely would do this same thing with my grandmother right now.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.