2016/07/11 - Sticks And Bones

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Douglas Collier

Re: 2016/07/11 - Sticks And Bones

Post by Douglas Collier »

He was disciplined for starting an international incident with the prince of Feraga.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

GameCobra wrote: The neat thing about Fido's situation is that Mungo's way of wording is making it imply that he's being disciplined for having a cat girlfriend when in reality he's being punished for having ruined a wedding where his girlfriend was involved.

But no, he's not being punished for having a cat girlfriend. =3
Although I do wonder, is Fido back on the force yet? I can't remember if he returned after is administrative leave...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

gamepopper wrote:Although I do wonder, is Fido back on the force yet? I can't remember if he returned after is administrative leave...
Well, you can't suggest Fido as a partner if he's not on the force =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:
gamepopper wrote:Although I do wonder, is Fido back on the force yet? I can't remember if he returned after is administrative leave...
Well, you can't suggest Fido as a partner if he's not on the force =P
He's been suspended for three weeks. Guess that by now he's been reintegrated...
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

valerio wrote:He's been suspended for three weeks. Guess that by now he's been reintegrated...
Precisely. Otherwise, we'd have to start bringing out the Tin Foil caps on King's pups then.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Douglas Collier

Fox seems to show legitimate hatred toward Fido, if you look at his expression in the first and fourth panels. If I was his owner or squad leader and saw that, I'd get him therapy pronto. Such a bad relationship with a fellow squad mate could be disastrous in a dire situation.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

You know, both King and Fido were a betrayal of trust to Fox. As pointed out, Joel came to Fox, while Fido was actually really impersonal. Learning from a national live event on TV would probably hurt a lot more than the guy telling you straight up. Granted, Joel didn't have much choice, and likely would have been noticed easily if he snuck out, but he still called for Fox.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Ok I have a question here, why would Fido receive any kind of disciplinary action from the department for being involved with a cat? Humans find it cute its only animals that have an issue with it really. Unless Mungo is referring to the Good Old Dogs Club with that line, however calling it disciplinary action seems a bit to formal to me for it to be talking about that.
The neat thing about Fido's situation is that Mungo's way of wording is making it imply that he's being disciplined for having a cat girlfriend when in reality he's being punished for having ruined a wedding where his girlfriend was involved.

But no, he's not being punished for having a cat girlfriend. =3
Oh yeah I had forgotten about how that arc ended.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

How big is Foxs' patrol route again? See The whiteboard today (12 July...)
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote:I can understand that Fox feels betrayed, and maybe that he disagrees with the ideology, but can't he learn to let go? It's not like Fido did anything to him personally - heck, he even forgave the guy who did do something to him personally.
I wonder if he remembers any of his interactions with King as Joel: how much did they unwind his memory when he returned from Heaven?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

IceKitsune wrote:Ok I have a question here, why would Fido receive any kind of disciplinary action from the department for being involved with a cat? Humans find it cute its only animals that have an issue with it really. Unless Mungo is referring to the Good Old Dogs Club with that line, however calling it disciplinary action seems a bit to formal to me for it to be talking about that.
Partly because his immediate superior isn't a human, he's a dog (though less relevant than you would expect). Partly because said superior had been looking into his suspicious behavior for some time, which still needed to be addressed even though it was clear now it was due to hiding his relationship. And mostly because he disrupted a formal event and attacked a dignitary from another country (99% of the reason) over said relationship.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Argent wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:I can understand that Fox feels betrayed, and maybe that he disagrees with the ideology, but can't he learn to let go? It's not like Fido did anything to him personally - heck, he even forgave the guy who did do something to him personally.
I wonder if he remembers any of his interactions with King as Joel: how much did they unwind his memory when he returned from Heaven?
Knowing Fox, he doesn't *want* to remember. There's too much of King's past that Fox just couldn't keep fresh in his mind -in fact, I wouldn't wonder if Fox joined the K-9 also to stay away from the new Milton-Lindbergh family...
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

Hey I just realized that all the past strips are bigger now, look
old: https://www.housepetscomic.com/comics/2 ... -socks.png
new: https://www.housepetscomic.com/wp-conte ... -socks.png
Isn't that awesome? Wait either I must be the first person to notice this, or the last person
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Regarding comic sizes, Rick mentioned resaving them a bit larger with the new site, even old ones.

Regarding Fox, when was it implied that Fox lost some memory of his interactions with Joel? He's only shown to have only a blurred memory of Heaven, and he did see Joel after that in the diner in Australia. I would love to see how he's taking that all in, really. I mean, the guy who was pretty much responsible for almost getting you killed is now married to your cousin oh my gosh, that sounds so weird to say.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Foreigner

Post by Foreigner »

valerio wrote: ...Fox joined the K-9 also to stay away from the new Milton-Lindbergh family...
N-no! This can't be true...
Last edited by Foreigner on Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My English is bad. Sorry for that.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Sansash wrote:Hey I just realized that all the past strips are bigger now, look
Isn't that awesome? Wait either I must be the first person to notice this, or the last person
I haven't looked back since.

And I'm just now realizing that the comic is now only two days a week. :(
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Macsen wrote:
Sansash wrote:Hey I just realized that all the past strips are bigger now, look
I haven't looked back since.

And I'm just now realizing that the comic is now only two days a week. :(
I still wake up in hope of seeing a new strip and then realize I have to wait until the next day/week :/ It's really changed my daily routine lol
Douglas Collier

Having our weekly schedules based around a webcomic rocks! Woo! :P