2016/08/01 – Do You Even Lift

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Title Text: hey can you spot (superdog) me

We sure that Mungo’s names isn’t actually “Jack”?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2016/08/01 – Do You Even Lift

Post by Saturn381 »

Mungo is Superdog. :lol:
valerio

Post by valerio »

My hero! <3
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The good old boys;, working the scene
Underneath Human direction.
Fox noting all that could have been;
Through camera projection.
The Furry Titan saves him time
By showing him the underneath.
But all he gets for exposing the crime
Is a flea in his ear and loads of grief.
Fox has yet to learn
What Mungo has to teach.
In time he may well earn
The knowledge to listen, not preach.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Mungo is the guy you don't wanna fight against
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
John-056

Post by John-056 »

"Everything's been Slashed to Uselessness?" Either that means the Person responsible wasn't sure which was the brake line, suggesting they don't know a thing about cars, or they just went crazy with a blade or cutters. Wait... Does that mean the Assassin cut the Limo's Drive Shaft!? :shock:

Still, what was the motive? Money's a Prime Suspect, but I don't really think that Keene would have written his will just yet. When his fur's grey, then maybe, but not this early. Revenge? Keene has ticked off a lot of People and Pets alike, but to damage the Limo and drown Keene would require a lot of planning, luck and timing... Not to mention money. Both? Possible. As the saying goes, Killing Two Birds with One Stone.

Whoever this mystery Assassin was, They'd likely have wanted money and Revenge... Maybe had Keene died, most of the Ferrets would have fallen apart with their more sensible Leader gone, spending more money than they can earn, thus making the assassin Rich while also ruining the Miltons. Then again, maybe I'm overthinking things. For all I know, it could have been someone Sending a Warning to the Miltons, telling them that they aren't as untouchable as they seem to think with their Fortune and Power. While extreme, it might serve as a Wakeup Call to all the Miltons.

Nonetheless, if we do find the assassin, I'll Flip if it's Jeeves. "The Butler Did It" is rather overused... Not to mention that Jeeves is Loyal to the Miltons. Karishad is too much of a Wild Card and is also Loyal to the Miltons. The Wolves are just as Loyal. So it's unlikely the Milton's Inner Circle of Allies. The Assassin is likely from outside the Milton's Circle, but is likely also rather Powerful to even Dare do this.

Wonder how Peanut's gonna react when he meets Mungo, the Real Life SuperDog? Probably start Squeeing with Wingding eyes.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
valerio

Post by valerio »

No money, no revenge.
More easily, Keene is becoming dangerously close to shake the system toward animal equality. A LOT of people would kill to keep the current system
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

John-056 wrote:So it's unlikely the Milton's Inner Circle of Allies.
what of Mr Steward? he's just inside the circle enough to have easy access but not enough to be counted out (he's court-appointed, not hired so he didn't have the choice to work with them like Jeeves), and arguments presented here show that he may not be very trustworthy
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
max7345
Location: Yuma, AZ (Also known as drought-city and oven-town during the Summer)

Post by max7345 »

John-056 wrote:Nonetheless, if we do find the assassin, I'll Flip if it's Jeeves. "The Butler Did It" is rather overused... Not to mention that Jeeves is Loyal to the Miltons.
I wouldn't exactly call Jeeves loyal - he did, knowingly, ditch Keene at the zoo once some years back if I recall correctly. While that was a considerably less drastic thing than attempted murder (and was actually quite hilarious at the time), it would seem to suggest that he'd gladly seize any opportunity to be rid of at least one of the Miltons.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

valerio wrote:No money, no revenge.
More easily, Keene is becoming dangerously close to shake the system toward animal equality. A LOT of people would kill to keep the current system
The reason I stated Revenge and Money is because they're possibilities. But you bring up a Good Point on Keene changing the System. People (And Pets, in this Case) don't really like change. There are some willing to embrace it, but Keene did mention that he made a lot of enemies, stating that the List of names would extend up to a Month... And that was for those who wanted him dead.

However, he never mentioned how powerful those enemies were, so we're stuck on mainly guesswork.

Also, wonder if Fox would ever find out the contents of that Letter? Does it contain the Pink Dog from Heaven? Or is it just a simple letter? Hopefully we'll get to see, when it's Opened by Fox... And nobody else.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Mungo has a point there Fox. What good is a super strong partner, if he doesn't use that strength in a useful way? It's not like Mungo doesn't try to be carefull :mrgreen:
John-056 wrote:Also, wonder if Fox would ever find out the contents of that Letter? Does it contain the Pink Dog from Heaven? Or is it just a simple letter? Hopefully we'll get to see, when it's Opened by Fox... And nobody else.
Well...the letter is evidence so Fox will most likely not get it back. Also the thing is...well someone nearly got murdered and they found a letter at the crime scene and...maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't the police open said letter, hoping it could lead them to the one, who tried to kill Keene? What would happen if the letter, which is evidence leads to one of the police dogs? :?
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:Well...the letter is evidence so Fox will most likely not get it back. Also the thing is...well someone nearly got murdered and they found a letter at the crime scene and...maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't the police open said letter, hoping it could lead them to the one, who tried to kill Keene? What would happen if the letter, which is evidence leads to one of the police dogs? :?
The letter might be charmed in some manner so as to prevent others from reading it.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Does sound like a wild animal. Starting to sound like a raccoon stunt, but i doubt they could do that to a car. only humans i know of that have less of a clue on cutting a car but big on motivation are thomas and london. =P

I wonder if they would have to get Itsuki in on this?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

That wheel must have amazing shocks.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Xane wrote:Maybe a European marten chewed up the cables (they do that!).
Coolant lines, power cables, sure. High pressure hydraulic fluid lines and/or cables? Not so much.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

The true enemy is one we would never expected. A group that desires the supremacy and empowerment of its own species group. The culprit was the rodents from Mouse Mouse Revolution, who were the followers of Karl-Lenin Faust! Some reactionary mouse found Karl's gnawings and has stirred up the rodent proletariat into striking down the bourgeois responsible for creating a system of injustices against the mice and is working against the ferret who would push it further, One Keene Milton
Argent

Post by Argent »

justacritic wrote:The true enemy is one we would never expected. A group that desires the supremacy and empowerment of its own species group. The culprit was the rodents from Mouse Mouse Revolution, who were the followers of Karl-Lenin Faust! Some reactionary mouse found Karl's gnawings and has stirred up the rodent proletariat into striking down the bourgeois responsible for creating a system of injustices against the mice and is working against the ferret who would push it further, One Keene Milton
You know, that actually makes a twisted kind of sense.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

With Mungo holding up the limo with one hand if you punched him (and actually connected) it'd probably be like the scene from Twilight Eclipse where Bella punches Jacob in the face and then has the reaction like she just punched a brick wall. :lol: :lol: :lol:
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Fish Preferred wrote:That wheel must have amazing shocks.
Not to mention that it has a manual transmission. That seems like a very strange limo. I thought they all had automatic transmissions in them because of how much smoother the ride is.

I don't think Karishad would ever intentionally try to kill anyone, even though he has shown (in the Australia arc) that he knows how to disassemble a car.

The idea of someone wanting to off Keene in order to squeeze money from the other ferrets seems plausible. I could see Thomas and Lucinda doing that.

I can also see Mr. Steward wanting payback, but he seems more like the bumbling type than the planner. (And by the way, he might have been court-appointed, but he was chosen by the ferrets. I remember there was a line somewhere about how it took a long time to find someone with that name.)

I'm not sure about Jeeves. He also doesn't seem like the type that would kill, but he might go along with The Plan (insert tvtropes link here) if he was mistreated enough. If I remember correctly, he was also chosen for his position because of his name.

This is almost sounding like the plot from the "Murder on The Orient Express" movie. "You all had a reason."
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Is anyone other than me starting to suspect some sort of, i dunno... "Paranormal influence" in Mongo? I mean, the other dogs seem well confined to realistic levels of strength. Mongo is so far over the top that its at superhero levels. I have to wonder if a new game has begun, or perhaps if he has some lingering influence from a past avatar... after all he dose bear a remote similarity to a specific Egyptian dog we have seen before.
Image Image
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

I bet the Kanohi Ignika on these two being behind the assasination attempt:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -landlord/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... t-of-none/
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Wow that is a minimum of 1 ton he is lifting with one arm (as he is only lifting half of the car up) and it seems to be completely effortless so I would say it's not a stretch to assume he could lift the whole car up with both hands at least. As that is a limo, that is non stretch, that car is likely about 2 to 2 and a half tons on average, which means given how effortless this seems to him it's safe to assume he could lift even more than that. I would put him strength wise at same level or at the very least just below most versions of Captain America.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Come to think of it, the only animal I could think of that is strong enough to shred the bottom of the car with both their scales and claws would be Fluffy...
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Ok, we hadn't seen enough of Mungo's (Superdog) strength. :P Yeah, it's better don't make him angry, despite he looks a so good big dog. ;) Anyway, you've got another great idea to lift the limo, Mungo, very well done. :D Continue to do as you want, don't listen to Fox. :P About the possible limo conditions when it fell in the sea, they make the investigations harder...
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

John-056 wrote:"Everything's been Slashed to Uselessness?" Either that means the Person responsible wasn't sure which was the brake line, suggesting they don't know a thing about cars, or they just went crazy with a blade or cutters. Wait... Does that mean the Assassin cut the Limo's Drive Shaft!? :shock:

Still, what was the motive? Money's a Prime Suspect, but I don't really think that Keene would have written his will just yet. When his fur's grey, then maybe, but not this early. Revenge? Keene has ticked off a lot of People and Pets alike, but to damage the Limo and drown Keene would require a lot of planning, luck and timing... Not to mention money. Both? Possible. As the saying goes, Killing Two Birds with One Stone.

Whoever this mystery Assassin was, They'd likely have wanted money and Revenge... Maybe had Keene died, most of the Ferrets would have fallen apart with their more sensible Leader gone, spending more money than they can earn, thus making the assassin Rich while also ruining the Miltons. Then again, maybe I'm overthinking things. For all I know, it could have been someone Sending a Warning to the Miltons, telling them that they aren't as untouchable as they seem to think with their Fortune and Power. While extreme, it might serve as a Wakeup Call to all the Miltons.

Judging by how far back the driver's seat appears to be compared to the passenger's seat, the last driver was most likely a tall person.
Nonetheless, if we do find the assassin, I'll Flip if it's Jeeves. "The Butler Did It" is rather overused... Not to mention that Jeeves is Loyal to the Miltons. Karishad is too much of a Wild Card and is also Loyal to the Miltons. The Wolves are just as Loyal. So it's unlikely the Milton's Inner Circle of Allies. The Assassin is likely from outside the Milton's Circle, but is likely also rather Powerful to even Dare do this.

Wonder how Peanut's gonna react when he meets Mungo, the Real Life SuperDog? Probably start Squeeing with Wingding eyes.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Re: "Judging by how far back the driver's seat appears to be compared to the passenger's seat, the last driver was most likely a tall person."

The driver would have been a human.

This is the Milton's limo, the passengers were likely ferrets (or at least pets).
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

..except the fact that the seats still dwarf the ferrets.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
johnwolf

Post by johnwolf »

I'd like to point out that Just slashing the break line would make it VERY obvious it was murder. By slashing a bunch of thing it could look like it was all done when it went in. The murder Obviously was trying to make it look like an accident. The windows where opened in such a way to look like he only did to get fresh air. It's obvious it's been planned, and, could have gotten away with it if Keene didn't survive.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Adoring Fan wrote:Is anyone other than me starting to suspect some sort of, i dunno... "Paranormal influence" in Mongo? I mean, the other dogs seem well confined to realistic levels of strength. Mongo is so far over the top that its at superhero levels. I have to wonder if a new game has begun, or perhaps if he has some lingering influence from a past avatar... after all he dose bear a remote similarity to a specific Egyptian dog we have seen before.
I'd rather put Mungo in the cathegory "Superstrength for fun". nothing serious, just the fact that he's the brawn of the pair and thus extra strong. In fact, being so strong also will lead to more humorous situation than serious ones :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: