2016/08/08 - Another Watchdog Joke Perhaps

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
drivernjax

Re: 2016/08/08 - Another Watchdog Joke Perhaps

Post by drivernjax »

Obbl wrote:The forums have not experienced any down time. It may have been an issue with your local DNS server or something.

Really love that sweet transition. From "super on duty" to "so done with this" :lol:
Well, I'm not going to dispute your statement, you are, after all, the site administrator. But, all I know is, for a week or so, I could find no link on the comics page to allow me to go to the forums, unless it was there and I couldn't see it. That's all I know for certain. Be that as it may, I'm glad I found the link and I can come and see what everyone thinks of the current strip.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

drivernjax wrote:
Obbl wrote:The forums have not experienced any down time. It may have been an issue with your local DNS server or something.

Really love that sweet transition. From "super on duty" to "so done with this" :lol:
Well, I'm not going to dispute your statement, you are, after all, the site administrator. But, all I know is, for a week or so, I could find no link on the comics page to allow me to go to the forums, unless it was there and I couldn't see it. That's all I know for certain. Be that as it may, I'm glad I found the link and I can come and see what everyone thinks of the current strip.
The nav bar at the top of the comic page has a link to the forums in general. From there, go to "The Comic" and find the topic with a title matching that of today's strip. Now you can always find the topic even when there isn't a direct link!
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Maybe they were looking for the link to the current discussion below the comic.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

Argent wrote:Maybe they were looking for the link to the current discussion below the comic.
That is likely. You how us humans are. We get used to something and we tend to become somewhat upset at change.