2016/09/26 - Give Me Your Answer Do

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
rourkie

Re: 2016/09/26 - Give Me Your Answer Do

Post by rourkie »

Honestly, for me, the answer is simple. Fox tells Daisy 'this is serious,' so she gets serious. The smile that comes with "Hi, I'm Daisy!" is so clearly forced it almost hurts. It seems more like an elaborate prank, a joke gone too far, or simply... that she believes no one us going to take her seriously.

I expect that she was in a situation where she used her vernacular early on, and discovered she was better received in (dog) society as a ditz than a genius. Or it could be she and Sasha made a pact to hide their true minds, perhaps even as a result of interactions with their owners. Without knowing more, it's hard to say, but what if Daisy's owner forbade her to talk, and Sasha found out?
--
"Some things are beyond the logic of our eyes and ears..."
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I think the reason why Daisy never speaks is, because no one would understand her. Look at her vocabulary :shock:

So...Sasha thought about her relationship with her owner or at least how loyal a dog should be to his/her owner and Sasha had problems about the fact that the current system is okay with how it is? Well why should she try to kill Keene? He tries to change it or is she afraid that a new system could make it worse for her?
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Adoring Fan wrote:The extra detail paid to the character features is a nice touch though and it makes seance on some of them like the wolves and police dogs.
I think you mean, "...it makes sense..."

"Seance" has a different meaning entirely.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Wolfbane

Post by Wolfbane »

Maybe she just REALLY likes it when her owner asks her for her name, and she's a bit of a shut-in so she normally never deviates from that three-line phrase?

I mean, they did just ask for her name and all. It makes sense. These are all dogs, after all.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

I knew it! Daisey was totally a genious the whole time xD
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Argent

Post by Argent »

I suspect Sasha was spying on the people who actually cut the cables.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

whatever the case I still dont think Sasha tried to kill Keene, he almost made her a movie star once ;p
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Adoring Fan wrote:Daisy was feigning stupidity this whole time.... question is why the act? Sasha at least has a reason with her abusive family but Daisy? i suddenly want to know more about her story and why she hides this information about herself.

Yeah i have to agree with the people here saying she looks overly buff... I feel like all the housepets are suddenly on steroids. The extra detail paid to the character features is a nice touch though and it makes seance on some of them like the wolves and police dogs.

As far as this pertains to Sasha, and referring back to this strip as shown before.

I am almost curious if Sasha is so brainwashed that she sees Keene's progress in animal rights as a threat to her perception of reality. She was always the one who would insist "Nope, silly king this is a dogs place it doesn't matter how bad we get abused because its just the way its supposed to be". the question is, is she diluted enough to attempt murder to ensure it stays that way.

Then again its housepets so i am probably thinking too dark XD
Dude/tte, I do believe Housepets was already taking a Turn for the Dark when Keene Milton was the target of an Assassination Attempt. And the Assassin/Hitman was almost successful if it weren't for the fact that Cerberus had to transmit Keene's soul back by a few minutes! And as for Sasha being the Hitman... Hitdog? I find that unlikely. Had she actually been the Hitman, the camera would have had her covered in Hydraulic fluids. Mungo said that everything under the Limo was completely shredded, and it was likely done quickly. That meant the brake tubes, the Drive shaft and gearbox were completely ripped apart before the Limo was tossed in, which would have meant the Hitman had to be, 1. incredibly strong (To actually tear up the parts.) and 2, good at Mechanical Engineering if it were intentional, something that Sasha isn't in both cases. The fact that her fur was clean means she didn't do it, and the fact that Mungo and Fox only saw her on the cameras, means that she was alone around the time of the Limo being tossed in.

Oh, and the bit with Daisy having bigger muscles, her last appearance had her acting as a part of the Wolf House Christmas decoration... Just before King proposed to Bailey. Or was it during one of the Recent Imaginates? It's kinda screwy ever since Rick removed the Search tags from the Comic Page. I can't confirm it now. Still, it was before the most recent Art Shift.
rourkie wrote:Honestly, for me, the answer is simple. Fox tells Daisy 'this is serious,' so she gets serious. The smile that comes with "Hi, I'm Daisy!" is so clearly forced it almost hurts. It seems more like an elaborate prank, a joke gone too far, or simply... that she believes no one us going to take her seriously.

I expect that she was in a situation where she used her vernacular early on, and discovered she was better received in (dog) society as a ditz than a genius. Or it could be she and Sasha made a pact to hide their true minds, perhaps even as a result of interactions with their owners. Without knowing more, it's hard to say, but what if Daisy's owner forbade her to talk, and Sasha found out?
Hmm... Are you implying that Daisy's in a similar boat to Sasha, with her Owner being Neglectful at best and abusive at worst? Sheesh, and Babylon Garden's supposed to be a pet-friendly community...

Whichever one it is, Daisy speaking is so jarring and out of nowhere that even Mungo, who likely hasn't met her in person up till now, is shocked. I hope she get a few major roles later on, along with a look into her past. It doesn't feel right to just revert her to Background Dog after seeing her talk.
Last edited by John-056 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

CosmicCoyote wrote:"and was having trouble reconciling the systemic reinforcement of her projected behavior"
(she didn't like continuously being told what she should be doing)
More like she could no longer justify keeping up the pretense of happy, care-free, frivolity when she's actually miserable.
Naro Rivers wrote:Up until now, Daisy has been something of an anomaly; her intelligence is obviously rather high, but she kept it hidden behind a simple, three-word phrase all this time. The question is: Why?
Well ....
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, wow! :shock: For the first time ever, we see Daisy say useful (and also complicated) stuff! :o Eh, she only wanted to look dumb... ;) More, she's looking so buff today (take example from her, you fatty Bino). :P Eh, Fox and Mungo are so tired, but their expression after have listened Daisy says anything. ;) So, in poor words, according to Daisy last time she saw Sasha, she was being angry with the other dogs and with her owner, and this changed her behaviour in worse... :roll: But, can this bring her to do what she's being suspected for? I hope she was randomly there and so she only looked what was happening to Keene's limo...
valerio

Post by valerio »

It was bound to happen
This is the PERFECT moment.
Also, buff <3
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Xane wrote:Daisy sure is looking buff, even moreso than usual...
Everyone is saying this even though it was my intention to simply draw her arms as thick, and you don't necessarily do that by drawing them larger
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

rickgriffin wrote:Everyone is saying this even though it was my intention to simply draw her arms as thick, and you don't necessarily do that by drawing them larger
well, she has biceps now. Ask her to flex and i bet she'd show muscle =3

However, i do want to ask: Is there any other characters that maybe shown up like this in the new style that we should be aware of? :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

rickgriffin wrote:Everyone is saying this even though it was my intention to simply draw her arms as thick, and you don't necessarily do that by drawing them larger
Well she has the same black tone as Mungo and her arms have the same details as his and he is supposed to be muscular, I think that's why it looks like she is buff.
Maybe making the outlines of her arms more curvy to let it look like she has a lot of fur would help? Because then it could look like she has a lot of fur and that's why her arms are so thick.
I'm not an artist though, it was merely a thought.
Shockey Rai

Post by Shockey Rai »

I think hell just froze over from Daisy speaking. :P
AWOOOOOOO! I'm a Werewolf!
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

rickgriffin wrote:
Xane wrote:Daisy sure is looking buff, even moreso than usual...
Everyone is saying this even though it was my intention to simply draw her arms as thick, and you don't necessarily do that by drawing them larger
Some are saying that she's just of a muscular breed.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

I love the look on Mongo's and Fox's face after Daisy gave her little speech. LOL.
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

The secret lives of pets, so secret even the regular pets aren't aware of it.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Today is the day that Daisy speaks :D
And buff dogs everywhere! Where is this magical gym?!
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

There aren't more complicated words that I can say: whoa :shock:

On the Topic of Buff Daisy/Chubby Bino, I made a comparison image :P
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Macsen wrote:She's a Newfie. They're fairly thick.
I think this strip shows us that she's not as thick as we thought she was. ^^
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Argent wrote:
Macsen wrote:She's a Newfie. They're fairly thick.
I think this strip shows us that she's not as thick as we thought she was. ^^
I don't know she looks preety thick IMHO
Argent

Post by Argent »

Really? I thought she seemed pretty sharp!
AnimeNerd88

Post by AnimeNerd88 »

Um, guys, it's been obvious from the start that she could speak. The real thing you should be freaking out over is...
SHE CAN SAY SOMETHING OTHER THAN, 'HI I'M DAISY'?!?!
AND IT WAS SOMETHING USEFUL TO THE SITUATION!?!?
Last edited by AnimeNerd88 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's give it everything we've got! Get ready, because it's Punishment Time!
-Monokuma

What? Even if I like dark topics, I can't resist cuteness.
Felixthestoat

Post by Felixthestoat »

Sounds like our fair lady who may have committed the crime was probably duped into it and MAYBE promised a place at the wolf house since they basically aren't owned by anyone? Would have to make it one of the other ferrets or someone involved with them, though.
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

Urocyon wrote:She actually said something useful?

O.O

That's the moment you realize **** just got real.

Apparently, everyone's forgotten Grape's other endearing quirk.....ventriloquism.
Zarpaulus

Post by Zarpaulus »

Macsen wrote: She's a Newfie. They're fairly thick.
Since when is she a Newfoundland?

Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Call Me a repeater but I am sure, whoever turns out to be the murderer, Sasha's owner will not get out of trouble either. I am serious, the guy has shown us marks that He owns Sasha more as a Babe-Bait rather than an actual pet.

And I mean it:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... s-edition/
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ace-to-go/

I am so sorry for Sasha at this point. And I can't wait to see Her life change for the better.
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

Vuk91 wrote:I am so sorry for Sasha at this point. And I can't wait to see Her life change for the better.
I wouldn't be surprised totally not gonna happen though if King invites her to live with him at the Wolf House.
drivernjax

Post by drivernjax »

Leomon2004 wrote:
Vuk91 wrote:I am so sorry for Sasha at this point. And I can't wait to see Her life change for the better.
I wouldn't be surprised totally not gonna happen though if King invites her to live with him at the Wolf House.
I don't know if Bailey's the jealous type or not; but, I don't think it would be a good idea for him to do that. However, Sasha seems to be a bit, uh, puppyish(?) at times so she'd probably fit in well with their pups.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If anything, Bailey would be more worried if Sasha got over-excited with the pups. Jealousy? Pretty sure Bailey and Sasha are on good terms. =3

Speaking of Sasha, It suddenly dawned on me that i never mentioned how much i had a feeling Sasha and Daisy knew each other. Pretty much since this comic you start to notice that Daisy shows up everywhere with Sasha, with the exception of that one time: When she won the prize money from the ferrets.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Daisy always impressed me as a "riotous introvert" and kind of a one-hour walk-on. But I too remember her festive garbage bag gift to the raccoons in the 2008 Christmas montage and thinking how gracious this strange dog with the painted smile behaved towards these despised ferals.

It's always fascinating when a bit player steps unexpected into the spotlight, does something dramatic and unpredictable that changes the trajectory of the story, and opens whole new possible roles for this personality. What we learn foremost is that, whatever her shyness, Daisy and Sasha are extremely close, something no one apparently knew. Told that Sasha is likely in trouble, Daisy drops the vapid grin and provides a detailed, intimate, and insightful (if somewhat garbled) description of Sasha's recent state of mind. The disclosure of their hidden friendship, the dizzy extroverted Sasha and the gentle, enigmatic Daisy, is startling and touching.

Hope, perhaps, as he's done with other bit-players, that Rick might develop Daisy into a deeper, more mature character as he has done with Fox and others. Regards.