2016/11/25 - Cats Are Master Teasers

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

2016/11/25 - Cats Are Master Teasers

Post by Sleet »

[2016/11/25 Cats Are Master Teasers ]
Title Text: please wander into the room here

You don't need no credit card to ride this train.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Welsh Halfwit

Re: 2016/11/25 - Cats Are Master Teasers

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Our black furred young Angel
Might keep Mungo at bay
but she’s isn't blind;
And now she has her say.
She knows it’s the same, y'know,
your love is her’s for Fido.
It’s Sabrina Cat,
sends Fox to the mat
In Tarot’s home.
Building burning desire,
bringing anger up higher,
Fox, purge your soul,
admit your goal.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Ooooooohhhh snap ! You go Sabrina !
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

Oh man, what a strip. Sabrina should absolutely call Fox on that! Go girl! Can't wait to see his response to her. If he does respond.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Sabrina has every right to call Fox out.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

guru4567 wrote:Oh man, what a strip. Sabrina should absolutely call Fox on that! Go girl! Can't wait to see his response to her. If he does respond.
I think the most effective way to respond would be to remind Sabrina, she is sticking her head out for Sasha and not for him.

Man for a moment I was wondering why Sabrina would call Fido out, I forgot for a moment that she is Fido's girlfriend :lol:

I like how Fox's reaction to Fido gets a callback, maybe the love letter will also play a bigger role in this chapter.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

FINALLY someone truly confronts Fox about Fido. I really hope this arc will solve the issues between these two dogs and truly reconcile them, and also will definitely solve Fox's bigotry of cats (something that strangely doesn't seem to have been solved by young Grape rescuing young him from the kidnapper).
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Well Fox, I think you need to confront your views head on.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

You know, I think many people are getting the wrong Idea from Fox's reactions. Fox acting like this has little to do with Bigotry, and more to do with the fact that Fido never TRUSTED him with his secret relationship with Sabrina. He feels betrayed for that very reason, for Fido never trusting a friend that had stuck by him since he was a pup to never tell him his secret.

Fox may have been a Member of the GODC at the time, but he was the one with the most sense. He was practically the Second in Command and temporary leader whenever Bino or (before getting voted out by those brainless clods) Fido weren't around to command the rest of the club. The reason he's been getting mad every time Fido is brought up, is because he felt betrayed by the Ex-Idol, since he had to hear his secret when it was Blurted out to the rest of the world... Not to mention that his other friend, King had already known long before, along with his cousin, Bailey... Both who likely kept Minimal Contact with Fido. However, he'd been trying to keep the sting of betrayal down for the sake of his Friends and, later on, his Job.

And if that's not enough, not long after Fido was revealed to love a cat, his cousin Bailey is nicked by a Jerkish Celestial for some petty game, King is revealed to be the very same human that tried to tear him away from his family, Bino is caught by him after said 'Friend' tried to steal from a Baby, and he's turfed out of the GODC afterwards, even though Fox was just doing his job. Yeah, that's really good on his stress!

Now, Sasha, the girl he's had a crush on for quite a long while and has already got a Boyfriend, is believed to be linked to a devious plot to kill Keene Milton and ruin all rights for many a Housepet like him, his own Partner isn't listening to him, being Hek-Bent on doing his job and now Sabrina is picking at the Festering Wound that he's been desperately trying to ignore for... What? A Very Chaotic Year and a half now?

Yeah, coming Monday, we're going to be dealing with a Berserk Fox. You can count on that.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Frank

Post by Frank »

"He's toying with my mind like a cat with a ball of... something!" :lol:
John-056 wrote:...A Very Chaotic Year and a half now...
I'm starting to think politics may have influenced this arc somehow
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Frank wrote:"He's toying with my mind like a cat with a ball of... something!" :lol:
That's likely what Fox would say about what he felt about Fido never letting him in on his secret Relationship with Sabrina, and only having him know about it, when he revealed the info on Live Telly! So when Fox knew, the rest of the friggin' WORLD knew, so he was let in on the secret Waa~ayyy Too Late! No Wonder he feels betrayed!

We can note that Fox has known Fido for a long time, and was his friend long before Fido made a name for himself at the academy. He didn't really care about Fido's popularity all that much, due to one of his moments having him tease Fido about his Caring Nature, and was one of those who wasn't really one to bow down to Bino, unlike a lot of dogs I've noticed... As a matter of fact, most of Bino's recorded injuries have been due to Fox getting so mad at Bino that he mauled him! Every other time, it's mostly been one person having a go at Bino for being a twit, but we never see them do it again!

Well... Except for Grape, but there's a rather long timestamp between the first and the second recorded one.
Frank wrote:
John-056 wrote:...A Very Chaotic Year and a half now...
I'm starting to think politics may have influenced this arc somehow
Actually, I think it's been influencing this Arc and the previous one, that being 'The Four animals you meet in Heaven.' Keene had an attempt made on his life due to him wanting to change the world by giving Pets the same equal rights as humans do.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

brevity is the soul of wit.
Image Image
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Cats are master teasers eh, Rick? :3
John-056 wrote:You know, I think many people are getting the wrong Idea from Fox's reactions. Fox acting like this has little to do with Bigotry, and more to do with the fact that Fido never TRUSTED him with his secret relationship with Sabrina. He feels betrayed for that very reason, for Fido never trusting a friend that had stuck by him since he was a pup to never tell him his secret.

Fox may have been a Member of the GODC at the time, but he was the one with the most sense. He was practically the Second in Command and temporary leader whenever Bino or (before getting voted out by those brainless clods) Fido weren't around to command the rest of the club. The reason he's been getting mad every time Fido is brought up, is because he felt betrayed by the Ex-Idol, since he had to hear his secret when it was Blurted out to the rest of the world... Not to mention that his other friend, King had already known long before, along with his cousin, Bailey... Both who likely kept Minimal Contact with Fido. However, he'd been trying to keep the sting of betrayal down for the sake of his Friends and, later on, his Job.

And if that's not enough, not long after Fido was revealed to love a cat, his cousin Bailey is nicked by a Jerkish Celestial for some petty game, King is revealed to be the very same human that tried to tear him away from his family, Bino is caught by him after said 'Friend' tried to steal from a Baby, and he's turfed out of the GODC afterwards, even though Fox was just doing his job. Yeah, that's really good on his stress!

Now, Sasha, the girl he's had a crush on for quite a long while and has already got a Boyfriend, is believed to be linked to a devious plot to kill Keene Milton and ruin all rights for many a Housepet like him, his own Partner isn't listening to him, being Hek-Bent on doing his job and now Sabrina is picking at the Festering Wound that he's been desperately trying to ignore for... What? A Very Chaotic Year and a half now?

Yeah, coming Monday, we're going to be dealing with a Berserk Fox. You can count on that.
One thing you gotta remember though about Fido: Fox did start to think shortly afterwards that Fido might've been right to hide it from him. I get the feeling that Fox liked Fido so much that Fido got to know Fox too well and figured Fox was not a fan of cats or that Fox has priorities that conflicted with Fido that Fox himself didn't realize. Fox might've started to realize that Fido had good reasons to do it.

Thoughn what you said about all the pile-ups is likely the problem as well - They are piling up on him. I'm suspecting Fox is just getting to the point he wishes he could get someone like Tarot to answer everything for him. He doesn't know what's wrong with Sasha, so he decides "Peanut's girlfriend is good at finding secrets. I'm sure she can find out what's wrong with her"
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Its also important to mention that fox DIDN'T go against fido even in regards to that. He abstained his vote at the good old dogs club and even told king that he was the only one who didn't vote against him. That's not being a bad friend its just being practical. Plus just a few pages ago we found out that Fox actually quit the club because of it. SO one has to wonder why everyone is so mad at him. He couldn't have changed anything and even left the group because of its bad judgement. What's it matter that he didn't want to have his name dragged through the mud?
Image Image
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Sabrina, you have a point, but NOW. IS NOT. THE TIME FOR THIS. Something has likely gotten into Sasha's mind, and she could go to jail for something she might not have done. You are putting another persons freedom at risk for the sake of your own personal grudges. For someone who's apparently old enough to remember when cellphones were a novelty, you're not being very mature. Now be a good intern and go barricade door.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Sabrina should be talking about when Fido revealed everyone to love her, he got suspended from the K9 service and rejected from the club, and Fox showed to regret him about his secret he was keeping hidden, while Fox was confiding it with King. He said "the wrong side"... It was his secret, so Fido decided to don't tell anybody. :roll: In a way, Sabrina got to know that, as seems. Anyway, it's not the moment to talk about love affairs, and looks like Fox won't reply you. ;) It's not Fido who's following Fox, so you'll be disappointed from doing that, Sabrina. :P
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

You're making him mad, Sabrina, but you have a very good point. Fox may also have have a valid point, since she would technically be helping Sasha.
Also there is no need for arguments right now. You two can settle things later. Right now you need to protect yourselves from the incoming Mungo.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Legotron123 wrote:Sabrina, you have a point, but NOW. IS NOT. THE TIME FOR THIS. Something has likely gotten into Sasha's mind, and she could go to jail for something she might not have done. You are putting another persons freedom at risk for the sake of your own personal grudges. For someone who's apparently old enough to remember when cellphones were a novelty, you're not being very mature. Now be a good intern and go barricade door.
Sabrina knows nothing of any of this. She just knows Fox has barged in, demanding help. She has very little reason to trust or protect him.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:Sabrina, you have a point, but NOW. IS NOT. THE TIME FOR THIS. Something has likely gotten into Sasha's mind, and she could go to jail for something she might not have done. You are putting another persons freedom at risk for the sake of your own personal grudges. For someone who's apparently old enough to remember when cellphones were a novelty, you're not being very mature. Now be a good intern and go barricade door.
Sabrina knows nothing of any of this. She just knows Fox has barged in, demanding help. She has very little reason to trust or protect him.
I'm pretty sure she was there when Fox explained things to Tarot. Though maybe I'm just misremembering things.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Legotron123 wrote:I'm pretty sure she was there when Fox explained things to Tarot. Though maybe I'm just misremembering things.
She was, but the gist of what Fox said was "I need you to check and see if something is wrong with Sasha's mind. I have my partner following me as well.". Sabrina is most likely concerned about the "partner following me" part, which would be a big issue for Sabrina not just because of Fido, but why are they tailing Fox and risking Sabrina and Tarot's involvement in this. They could potentially be arrested for being involved.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Yeah, she really got you there. Freaking anti-cat bigot.

...Don't look at me like that. You know that's what he is.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Sleet wrote:[2016/11/25 Cats Are Master Teasers ]

It's strong and it's sudden? It's cruel sometimes?
ImageImageImageImage
guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Sleet wrote:[2016/11/25 Cats Are Master Teasers ]

It's strong and it's sudden? It's cruel sometimes?
But it might just save your liiiiiiife...
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Okay, I have a little bit to say. First off, Sabrina is in the right for bringing this up, but at the same time it's more complicated than "I despise cats" from Fox as others have noted.

Just going with links to minimize the post size, though a good chance it'll still be big.

Look here https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ne-either/
Alright, here's the first we see of Fox's bigotry. Pretty simple.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ronically/
Another look into said bigotry.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... or-school/
And here we see that it's ingrained since his childhood. But now for what shows that right now may not be entirely the case.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... eed-apart/
He doesn't seem to really mind Grape's company, though granted, the next example could be the reason why.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... -and-dogs/
He at the very least has a level of respect for Grape, a cat. Could it be a case of "a credit to your species"? Maybe, I'll grant that it's likely.
Now for another look into a possibility.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... one-scene/
Here's what happened when King finally revealed himself to Fox, as the person who nearly took everything and everyone Fox loved away from him, someone who Fox would have absolutely no qualms if something bad happened to him, even if it was by his own hands. Now compare this reveal from Fido's.
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... 0/le-gasp/
Any differences?

Joel confronted Fox with the truth. He was in a desperate situation, yes, yet the first person he called was Fox, someone who needed to know the truth, even if it would shatter him. Joel WENT TO Fox. And it did shatter him, judging from those tears streaming from his face. But he still had one of his closest friends, who was willing to accept his rage, and still wanted to stand by him. As for Fido, Fox had to find out through a VERY IMPERSONAL method, even though he was incredibly close to him. Someone who valued loyalty did indeed felt betrayed by this, that one of his closest friends refused to disclose something like this. He at least admits that he thinks that Fido had a legitimate reason for hiding this, but I highly doubt that lessens the sting of betrayal.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... certainly/
He straight up admits that what really got to him was having something held from him from his friends.

His anger at Fido earlier when Mungo brought him up was probably because he was reminded that Fido apparently didn’t trust Fox enough with this. Would Fox forgive Fido? Look at Joel, who nearly destroyed his life and literally hid in front of him after so many years, yet look how Fox eventually accepted his friend. I'm sure that that's a lot more serious than who someone's girlfriend really is. Quite possibly, Fido hasn't come to Fox after the fact for reconciliation. The flaw in Fox's character that I'm seeing now is that he won't make the first move in repairs, and less on bigotry.

Huh, this did get rather long. Anyway, it's very possible that I'm overthinking all of this, especially since Monday is so close now. I was never immune to overthinking things. I think I can safely say that issues are rarely cut-and-dry. Fox has been one to value loyalty, both with others and from others.

Though to be honest, that felt like a jerk move from Sabrina in that last panel. :|
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.