2016/12/14 - Inquiry Quirk

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2016/12/14 - Inquiry Quirk

Post by D-Rock »

[2016/12/14 Inquiry Quirk ]
Title Text: besides, "hall of justice" is reserved for the courthouse

I believe it's called "case law," Sargent. You know, previous cases (of auto fluids in fur)?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2016/12/14 - Inquiry Quirk

Post by Saturn381 »

Yeah better not elaborate on the gasoline thing Fox.

Also, gotta like the Super Friends reference.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Okay Fox... It's reckoning time
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Fox, this is your last chance to save yourself, one wrong contradiction and you're probably out of the force :o .
It IS nice to see that all the stuff we were pointing out, Fox was noticing as well. He wasn't being a COMPLETE moron :P
ImageImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Finally he’s before his judge
And justifying his decision.
Ralph’s taking it seriously,
Without humor or derision.
Fox relates his noble tale,
The story of the clues
Ralph takes it all in retrospect
And gives his guy his dues.
Fox’s career hangs by a thread
And so does Sasha’s life;
Ralph chooses to kill or save
As directly as Damocles’ knife…
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
K K Slider

Post by K K Slider »

Ahahaha! More like Sgt Shortstack!
He's sitting on books!
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Well I do wonder how bad it will end for Fox.
The last time one of the K9s had to explain something, Ralph was also pretty reasonable. Althought Fido is longer a police dog than Fox, but one can still hope.
I'm kinda hoping we get at least one more strip about Fox explaining his behaviour. I would still like to know what gave him the idea to go to Tarot.
K K Slider wrote:Ahahaha! More like Sgt Shortstack!
He's sitting on books!
Oh...he REALLY does! :lol:
John-056

Post by John-056 »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:Well I do wonder how bad it will end for Fox.
The last time one of the K9s had to explain something, Ralph was also pretty reasonable. Although Fido is longer a police dog than Fox, but one can still hope.
Actually, Fido is still a police dog. He was just sent on Leave for a month by Ralph. Course, Fido's no longer Top Dog in Babylon Gardens, but that's due to racist (Speciest?) beliefs from many a Dog... And his Brother Bino fanning the flames further.
HundKatzeMaus wrote:I'm kinda hoping we get at least one more strip about Fox explaining his behaviour. I would still like to know what gave him the idea to go to Tarot.
That's a given, but I'm also hoping that the Arc will either continue further or we find out who's the real culprit behind the attempted Murder.

Funny thing is, most of what Fox had pointed out was what many of us, me included, had pointed out before hand, and we now see what Fox had realized from Sasha's dialogue.

As for "Personal Experiance..." Well, Bill is a Mechanic, and likely dragged Fox in once or twice to work on his Bike, resulting in Fox getting doused in Mech-Fluids a few times and had to shave off his fur at one point to try and speed up the cleaning job... Which didn't work.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Huh. That's actually a pretty good defense of Sasha. But, she was still there around the time the sabotage happened, so, I guess the question now is under what circumstances did Sasha get there and was brainwashed into taking the blame. Did she stumble onto the crime as it was occurring and was brainwashed right then and there? That would imply supernatural origins for it to be done so quickly. Or, and I think this is more likely, did the culprits (perhaps someone from the obedience training program who has a beef with Keene) bring her along already brainwashed for this purpose? They sabotage the limo, and leave Sasha at the scene as a scapedog with a implanted response, under the assumption that whoever investigates and catches her won't know Sasha well enough to not take her confession at face value.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

John-056 wrote:Actually, Fido is still a police dog. He was just sent on Leave for a month by Ralph. Course, Fido's no longer Top Dog in Babylon Gardens, but that's due to racist (Speciest?) beliefs from many a Dog... And his Brother Bino fanning the flames further.
I actually never meant to imply that Figo got fired, I wanted to say he is a member of the K9s longer than Fox.
John-056 wrote:That's a given, but I'm also hoping that the Arc will either continue further or we find out who's the real culprit behind the attempted Murder.

Funny thing is, most of what Fox had pointed out was what many of us, me included, had pointed out before hand, and we now see what Fox had realized from Sasha's dialogue.

As for "Personal Experiance..." Well, Bill is a Mechanic, and likely dragged Fox in once or twice to work on his Bike, resulting in Fox getting doused in Mech-Fluids a few times and had to shave off his fur at one point to try and speed up the cleaning job... Which didn't work.
Yes and I would also like to see Fox pointing out the two other important things:
-She ran away from her owner and was hiding in the woods (althought I really do wonder how often that happens)
-She had some obedience training.

I know these are things everyone else noticed, but I like it when they summarise every important point before coming to the end :mrgreen:
Maybe Fox said all of this off-screen and we just see the most important point.
I wonder if he mentioned how she...well...
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

So do we have any actual clues as to who it might be? I mean we can rule out "divine intervention" because Pete and the Spirit Dragon are currently living a mortal life as punishment. Kitsune isn't in the habit of harming mortals like that, same goes for Cerberus, and all the other Celestials seem to have no interest in mortal affairs. Unless a new one is introduced I'm certain they're ruled out.

What about Celia and Thomas Milton? I think they went to Prison right? Could they have gotten out?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:Fox, this is your last chance to save yourself, one wrong contradiction and you're probably out of the force :o .
It IS nice to see that all the stuff we were pointing out, Fox was noticing as well. He wasn't being a COMPLETE moron :P
hopefully he saved recently, he'll just continue from that point with 5 mistakes left.
He's sitting on books!
it's a human desk.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Ooooh we are getting back to the detective stuff!
Jamonius

Post by Jamonius »

Doing good so far Fox, now how are you going to explain the part where you believe she was brainwashed?
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Anybody think that the human detective may have something to do with this?
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Haru Totetsu wrote:So do we have any actual clues as to who it might be? I mean we can rule out "divine intervention" because Pete and the Spirit Dragon are currently living a mortal life as punishment. Kitsune isn't in the habit of harming mortals like that, same goes for Cerberus, and all the other Celestials seem to have no interest in mortal affairs. Unless a new one is introduced I'm certain they're ruled out.

What about Celia and Thomas Milton? I think they went to Prison right? Could they have gotten out?
Actually, Thomas has no reason to go after the Ferrets. He's still got the map, he knows where the treasure is, Celia doesn't. Far as we know, if the Milton Humans are still after the Ferrets, I'd say that Celia is on her own. Thomas would have had his own Treasure thanks to the Stupidity of the Ferrets! (The Map specifically said at the back, to never reveal it's existence to the public... And they do it anyway! That includes both Lana and Keene, the sensible ones!)

And before you say he never got it, it's actually because the first print was on Carbon Paper, something Thomas realized mere seconds afterwards. And even then, after Celia betrayed him by abandoning him in the middle of the Heist, Thomas would never work with her ever again as a result. Nobody takes kindly to being backstabbed.

Also, Celia was never arrested and Thomas was set free due to no-one holding charges against him. So they never got out of prison due to never being arrested in the first place! And since we've never heard from them, it means that Thomas has either found the treasure, or he's still looking for it.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
guru4567

Post by guru4567 »

HellishK9 wrote:Anybody think that the human detective may have something to do with this?
The character seemed pretty straightforward as the initial man on scene. He was the last person with the letter -- if that letter is not in evidence, there's something off.

I am still very curious about that letter...
He's sitting on books!
That is not an ergonomically sound solution. :shock:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Something tells me Ralph is not only upset at Fox... but he knows something about the mystery that Fox doesn't, making the whole Sasha chase moot.

Reminds me of what happened to Fido, but more severe.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

He's sitting on books!
Good eye!
leinglo wrote:Did she stumble onto the crime as it was occurring and was brainwashed right then and there? That would imply supernatural origins for it to be done so quickly.
That and the way that the pupils of her eyes turned pink.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Oooh, Sgt. Ralph gets his own office.

I don't care if he's sitting on books. It's still his own office. :3
Haru Totetsu wrote:What about Celia and Thomas Milton? I think they went to Prison right? Could they have gotten out?
Celia did not go to prison. Thomas was quickly bailed out of jail, and that one comic where he was in Africa suggests he likely did not go to prison, or it wasn't for long.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Thank the opener!

I was legit terrified that we were going to spend another 5 pages walking out of the house another 3 walking on the street.
Image Image
Frank

Post by Frank »

I absoloutely love how all the colors are dulled by the flourescents!
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, phew, Mungo didn't bring Fox to the justice. :P It's better an interrogatory by Ralph than that, but after Fox, he should do it also to Sasha. ;) We need to know if Sasha remembers something about what happened because the hypnotizing... That's a very good thought, Fox, and you dogs are masters about smells. :D Eheh, seems like Fox had a personal experience with that, and we didn't know... :P Anyway, Sasha expressively said to have destroyed the entire undercarriage of the limo, but she didn't say to have done it cleanly or not... :roll: Funny how Ralph needs some books on the chair to reach the desk, but, since the office it's yours, you could change the furnitures with some at your sizes. ;)
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Adoring Fan wrote: I was legit terrified that we were going to spend another 5 pages walking out of the house another 3 walking on the street.
Come on, it wasn't that bad. :lol:
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

John-056 wrote:Actually, Thomas has no reason to go after the Ferrets. He's still got the map, he knows where the treasure is, Celia doesn't. Far as we know, if the Milton Humans are still after the Ferrets, I'd say that Celia is on her own. Thomas would have had his own Treasure thanks to the Stupidity of the Ferrets! (The Map specifically said at the back, to never reveal it's existence to the public... And they do it anyway! That includes both Lana and Keene, the sensible ones!)

And before you say he never got it, it's actually because the first print was on Carbon Paper, something Thomas realized mere seconds afterwards. And even then, after Celia betrayed him by abandoning him in the middle of the Heist, Thomas would never work with her ever again as a result. Nobody takes kindly to being backstabbed.

Also, Celia was never arrested and Thomas was set free due to no-one holding charges against him. So they never got out of prison due to never being arrested in the first place! And since we've never heard from them, it means that Thomas has either found the treasure, or he's still looking for it.
I knew I was incorrect with soem of my info! Thanks. ^-^

So we can't really rule out Celia or Thomas then, since if Thomas has his treasure he could be using part of his newfound wealth to take the Ferrets out to get their fortune to add to his own (we know he's greedy enough). Celia might be involved...so we've just increased the list of suspects.

Man I love me some detective work. Sodo we actually have any clues? I mean we know Sasha was manipulated via hypnosis or magic so...does that help us rule anyone out? I can't think of anyone to rule out other than the many Mr. Bugglesworth...and Bino...but everyone else seems fair game.

I personally doubt that Grape, Peanut and their close friends and family are involved...and Fox's owner wouldn't be involved either I'd say. I also don't think Sasha's owner is involved because he just doens't care about...well anything as far as I can tell. Anyone else we can remove from the suspect list? Or anyone think they can prove the ones I've listed might be involved? Or shoudl we wait for the next page for more details (if there's nothing more to go on)?
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Haru Totetsu wrote:Anyone else we can remove from the suspect list?
Who are the suspects anyway?
It would be most likely someone who wants Keene to stop to fight for the rights of the animals.
So I guess the biggest suspects would be the people, who did the obedience training, since if Keene would succeed, they would be jobless. Sure the whole obedience training thing could be a red herring, but I still doubt the true culprit is someone we know.
Frost SF

Post by Frost SF »

First thing: Is fox reading everyone's theories in the forums?
Second thing: Oh my gosh, Ralph is a Sgt. I didn't know dogs could get that promotion.
Third thing: Her eyes changed color, she now has that black outline again. -cough- Angel husky from heaven-cough-
Q. Frosty.
get it? Q Frosty... queue Frosty? eh? eh?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Frost SF wrote:.
Third thing: Her eyes changed color, she now has that black outline again. -cough- Angel husky from heaven-cough-
Are you seriously saying a denizen of HEAVEN plotted a murder and almost got an innocent euthanized to deliver a letter?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Frost SF wrote:First thing: Is fox reading everyone's theories in the forums?
Second thing: Oh my gosh, Ralph is a Sgt. I didn't know dogs could get that promotion.
Some of the pets seem to be kinda aware of us. So the answer ist...maybe.

Yes, they can. He is a Sgt. the whole time and was an officer in "Housepets babies" :mrgreen:

It could also just a side effect from the hypnosis that the blackoutline vanished.
The pink eyes are actually not a clue of Sasha being possessed by the pink husky, she had pink eyes the whole time.
Also I think if the pink husky wants to give Fox a message, there would be other ways.
Argent

Post by Argent »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:Also I think if the pink husky wants to give Fox a message, there would be other ways.
About that...

Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

HellishK9 wrote:
Adoring Fan wrote: I was legit terrified that we were going to spend another 5 pages walking out of the house another 3 walking on the street.
Come on, it wasn't that bad. :lol:

It was worse, do i need to remind you how long ago this ONE line started?

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... he-dogpen/

Thats JULY 4th

Also, i know theirs a lot of theories on the pink husky but looking back it was teh green husky that seems to like him the most, assuming the letter isn't just being passed on.

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... the-train/
Image Image
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Adoring Fan wrote: It was worse, do i need to remind you how long ago this ONE line started?

https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... he-dogpen/

Thats JULY 4th
As I recall (memory may be faulty) Rick was running low on plot ideas. A long plot is a good way to find the time to think of other plots.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Argent

Post by Argent »

So, y'all think he's going to leave the issue of the letter still hanging at the end of the arc?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think what Rick is planning to do is not only tease us, but build all of these ways they tried to communicate with Fox into a huge brick joke in the future if he actually meets them again :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Frost SF wrote:Second thing: Oh my gosh, Ralph is a Sgt. I didn't know dogs could get that promotion.
Rick has stated that Sergeant is the highest rank a canine officer can attain (which according to Wikipedia is at best two promotions and likely only one). He's at the top of a rather short ladder there :P
AlyxVixen

Post by AlyxVixen »

Someone we're overlooking as being involved and that is the chauffeur. Not saying the chauffeur did the actual sabotage, since being a Chauffeur means having some knowledge of how the vehicle works, But!!

1. He did have to drive Milton from the meeting to the docks for the attempt.
2. He locked the car doors after getting out without telling Milton he was leaving the car.
3. He seems to have vanished into thin air.

As for Sasha being on the docks, simply tranq her (Hey Sasha, want a cupcake?), stash her unconscious form in the trunk of the car, open trunk at site, take her out, program her via hypnosis (though there are drugs that make people very compliant to suggestion too), let her wander off into camera view. And you have a suspect.

Also Mungo and Fox didn't check the video after they saw Sasha. Fox's freak-out grabbing the tape stopped that from happening.