2017/02/06 - Careful Consideration

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Adoring Fan

Re: 2017/02/06 - Careful Consideration

Post by Adoring Fan »

Buster wrote:...Anybody know which one of us he's talking to? I honestly can't tell.

Eenyhoo...
Adoring Fan wrote:That being said i can dislike mungo all i want, feel free to have your own opinion.
Fair enough, I just didn't think implying the character should get axed was called for.
I'm not sure either but i think it was meant as just a general comment.
Image Image
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Adoring Fan, it's okay to not like a character, but when you say that said character should get axed, that's when you go too far.
Last edited by Saturn381 on Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Not even the hefty PETA guy?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Saturn381 wrote:Adoring Fan, it's okay to not like a character, but when you say that said character should get axed, that's when you go too far.

You guys are taking my comments far too seriously. Its not like i can make them remove him.
Argent wrote:Not even the hefty PETA guy?
Yeah! would you have said that if i had said they should get rid of the Peta guy? :P
Image Image
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Adoring Fan wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:Adoring Fan, it's okay to not like a character, but when you say that said character should get axed, that's when you go too far.

You guys are taking my comments far too seriously. Its not like i can make them remove him.
Argent wrote:Not even the hefty PETA guy?
Yeah! would you have said that if i had said they should get rid of the Peta guy? :P
Yes, because you can't just throw any character into lines that aren't made for them, that's called "being out of character". It makes no sense :P . It's the same reason someone can't remove King/Joel from all his scenes and put Peanut there because ya don't like King. Could you imagine how out of place that would be?! :lol:

Edit: Actually I'm kinda curious now. What would happen if you took all the characters and scrambled all their roles around and implemented that throughout the entire comic? While literally impossible even with the best randomizing code, that'd be a really amusing scenario :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

you would need to redraw every single page. as you'd need to shuffle the actual characters, since shuffling their lines would net results akin to the bad translation thread.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Didn't Animaniacs have an episode entirely about what would happen if their various characters ended up in each other's different stories?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Adoring Fan wrote: Possible, I will even admit that had he not been introduced in that specific arc i probably wouldn't mind him. That being said i can dislike mungo all i want, feel free to have your own opinion.
I'll admit, I used to feel the same way. A change to the schedule, a change to the art style, and a new character that gets a lot of attention are things that could lead to a jumping of sharks. Luckily I was wrong. The art style is still great, the schedule is back to normal, and while Mungo isn't my favorite character, I now think he's alright.

And yes, I do believe that was an animaniacs episode.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Frank

Post by Frank »

GameCobra wrote:Also, how is King going to do auditions without a table now? =P
Well, the whole arc does start because they have more money than they know what to do with
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010