2017/06/02 - End Of Year Nine

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Macsen

Re: 2017/06/02 - End Of Year Nine

Post by Macsen »

Legotron123 wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't even remember Breel? I legitimately have no idea who he is.
He was one of the main characters in Arc #100, "The 4 Animals You Meet in Heaven". It's the story of Keene's near-death experience when someone (Herman Steward) tried to assassinate him last year.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Macsen wrote:(Herman Steward)
His name was Orwell Johnson.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Oh yeah. Never knew that was his name.

Wait, he's a guy?!?!?!?!??!?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Legotron123 wrote:Wait, he's a guy?!?!?!?!??!?
There was(is) much controversy on that
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Legotron123 wrote:Oh yeah. Never knew that was his name.

Wait, he's a guy?!?!?!?!??!?
:| Wasn't that one of the first things Rick cleared up about Breel when we first saw him? Some couldn't figure out his gender, so Rick just straight up revealed it.

But I do tend to remember some more random details, and it's been a while since we've seen him, so it stands that some forgot Breel. Last appearance was Valentines.

Anyway, considering the halo, he's still dead, so this is one of those manifestation things. I'd think reincarnation wouldn't have the halo. Or the age.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Blackspots

Post by Blackspots »

Gosh, how time flies. Hard to believe its been nine years already. It almost feels as if this comic just started.
Maryalee

Post by Maryalee »

BREEEEEELLL....

Now this is going to be interesting. While in Heaven, Keene and Breel were on hand-holding, flirty side-glance basis; but, as far as Keene was concerned, nobody up there knew him. Now that he is back on Earth, surrounded by people who not only know him but with whom he has a reputation to uphold, is he going to back away and maintain the cold, all-business demeanor he's famous for? How will Breel take it if a much more reserved Keene shows him a cold shoulder? There is potential for more than one kind of mischief afoot here.

As far as King heading back into the Tomb, the problem is going to be that now he is a father of 3...YES THREE...young ones. Also a husband. Bailey will not easily allow him to traipse off into danger by himself, and both of them being parents, their own wanderlust may take a backseat to parental responsibilities.
This is not the signature you were looking for. *click* Move along.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

surprised Res isn't sharing this year with Breel. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Everyone here is noticing Breel, and I am just staring at that Apple product placement...
Thanks Steve Jobs for bringing that to Heaven. Microsoft never stood a chance.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
House42

Post by House42 »

Guess who's back-
Back again.
Breel's back-
Tell a friend!
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Civilization wrote:Everyone here is noticing Breel, and I am just staring at that Apple product placement...
Thanks Steve Jobs for bringing that to Heaven. Microsoft never stood a chance.
Breel is secretly the devil, Apple would never make it to heaven
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Oh boy, this is going to be fun when we get back to this! This storyline just keeps getting more and more interesting.
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

It's nice to see Breel back.
So what happens now? Is Keene going to get extra help or be told not to mess with the mana? Maybe a little bit of both?
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

TBH i am not really sure why Sabrina is trying to stop this. She might not like Keene but in truth her argument of Dragon and Pete being better prepared just because they are from heaven seems sorta moot. They clearly are no more intelligent than the humans of this world (as As King was able to outsmart them forcing the game into a stalemate) and even the pets seem to be on a roughly equal level as we saw how Tarot once gaining access to all that divine info was sort of on there same level just less powerful.

Could keene mess things up? Sure he could but it seems like that would be more likley due to lack of practice than being somehow inferior. It really puts into question the divinitys of the housepets universe. Are they really in any way superior in mind or have they just been around so long that they have experiences to base things on... I feel the latter is probably the case as when they were placed into a situation they had not encountered previously they choked.

But that's just a theory.... a Housepets theory!
Image Image
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Breel sure seems to think Keene could mess things up.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Adoring Fan wrote:TBH i am not really sure why Sabrina is trying to stop this. She might not like Keene but in truth her argument of Dragon and Pete being better prepared just because they are from heaven seems sorta moot. They clearly are no more intelligent than the humans of this world (as As King was able to outsmart them forcing the game into a stalemate) and even the pets seem to be on a roughly equal level as we saw how Tarot once gaining access to all that divine info was sort of on there same level just less powerful.

Could keene mess things up? Sure he could but it seems like that would be more likley due to lack of practice than being somehow inferior. It really puts into question the divinitys of the housepets universe. Are they really in any way superior in mind or have they just been around so long that they have experiences to base things on... I feel the latter is probably the case as when they were placed into a situation they had not encountered previously they choked.

But that's just a theory.... a Housepets theory!
Well, better prepared like this: A- They're immortal, no one could kill them if they mess things up :P . B- They're gods that can create anything they want with a thought, despite being like Greek Gods (I.E human in nature and mentality) C- Animals actually are canonically slightly disadvantaged in terms of intelligence due to the inability to think anything past the present in what they do, or at least most of them. Even though Keene is saying he's going to use the magic(k) to "ease" into equality, he's still pushing it's progress far faster than it is supposed to and not fully thinking of the consequences. ALSO, referring solely to the danger of magic(k), Tarot was able to gain access to divine info, but not the same level of divine power. Her power is and was safely granted to her by another heavenly being, not by shoving her hands in raw magic(k) or drinking it (or whatever he plans to do with it :lol: ). As seen in 5000BC, they failed to properly control the magic(k) to have it do exactly what they wanted it to. Odds are this will have some kind of monkey's paw effect.
GameCobra wrote:Also: Where is Fortuneteller Baba at?
Apparently he must have saved the world in his past life, and so now he's been allowed the ability to stay on earth, but only for 24 hours.I was hopping someone would make that joke!
ImageImageImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Man, Breel is adorable. :3
Frank wrote:Just how does one drain a mana pool?
Proceed to the next phase of the turn. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

House42 wrote:Guess who's back-
Back again.
Breel's back-
Tell a friend!
that doesn't quite work.

Shady's back was three syllables, Breel's back is only two, you need to stretch it out a little otherwise it throws off the timing.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Frank wrote:Just how does one drain a mana pool?
Warlock's Wheel.

“Now, you came for the
secret of the Warlock’s Wheel;
so you might as well have it. It’s
just a simple kinetic sorcery,
but open-ended.” He gave it.
“The Wheel spins faster and
faster until it’s used up all the
mana in the area. It tends to
tear itself apart; so you need
another spell to hold it
together—” and he gave that,
speaking slowly and distinctly.

Larry Niven, "What Good is a Glass Dagger", 1972

ALSO HEAVEN YESSS BREEL IS BACK
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Argent wrote:high pitched EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I was wondering when you'd comment :P
Argent

Post by Argent »

"What Good is a Glass Dagger" is a smashing story.

Also, I christen this the good ship "Breene".
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @