2017/06/08 - Touched By An Angels

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2017/06/08 - Touched By An Angels

Post by D-Rock »

[2017/06/08 - Touched By An Angels ]
Title Text: do you just stop listening the moment you're not in trouble.

The Celestial Games once again start. Place your bets now.

And hey, the huskies got names!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gbr23

Re: 2017/06/08 - Touched By An Angels

Post by Gbr23 »

They're here ! And they have names! Spring and Summer ! (Very accurate names if you ask me)
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm guessing Spring is the pink one and Summer is the green one right?
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I think we all saw this coming. :lol:

I love how Fox is reacting to this.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think it's amusing they are literally hanging out with Fox while Sabrina shows up for a favor. x3

"Fox, we'll keep this up if you stop Keene."
"Sabrina, get me my uniform..."

Also, Breel is now catching my interest with those head gestures. :3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

GameCobra wrote:Also, Breel is now catching my interest with those head gestures. :3
Well, he knew where the speech bubble was going to go in panel 3. How? Heavenly.

Breel’s not alive but a lithe,
twisting seductively in the frame;
trying to tell Keene the truth;
that Heaven is playing a game.
The sides are forming,
both a heavenly sight.
The Huskies have descended;
coming down into the light.
Fox doesn’t recall this pair,
the beauties he met in heaven.
Now he has the physique for real
their adulation has dialled to eleven.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

It's funny: When you think about it, Fox got in shape just in time for the seasons! :P
ImageImageImageImage
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

Keene, you're a little devil... literally.
Good to see the now named Spring and Summer finally enjoying their time with Fox.
Sam widing

Post by Sam widing »

I'm calling it!

The cat author is gonna be the one to use the mana pool to wish himself to not be a nervous wreck anymore :P

Makes sense really, If keene gets it then no more House pets since if animals equal as people. well pets cant be pets anymore because something something cant own slaves.
Iceheart

Post by Iceheart »

That title coupled with the last frame has some non-PG implications. Then again, I guess that just shows the type of person I am.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Sam widing wrote:I'm calling it!

The cat author is gonna be the one to use the mana pool to wish himself to not be a nervous wreck anymore :P

Makes sense really, If keene gets it then no more House pets since if animals equal as people. well pets cant be pets anymore because something something cant own slaves.
I called this a while ago too bud :P , though I don't think that'll be the exact wish. It'll certainly be wasted on a wish that isn't what Keene has in mind, but I don't think Res will wish for anything.

If anything I'd like to call something here too: The real wish is the journey and friendship they made along the wa-- *BRICK'D*
ImageImageImageImage
Sam widing

Post by Sam widing »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:

I called this a while ago too bud :P , though I don't think that'll be the exact wish. It'll certainly be wasted on a wish that isn't what Keene has in mind, but I don't think Res will wish for anything.

If anything I'd like to call something here too: The real wish is the journey and friendship they made along the wa-- *BRICK'D*
I also thought maybe its by accident, he see's the mana pool (as the others are fighting over how to use it) since its called a mana pool, he dips his feet in. Sighing and wishes to himself that he was braver ( I assume he would be hopeless through the journey and feel shame that he couldn't help his friends) Poof got the wish :P
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Plot twist: the angels distract both parties with exuberant massages, the expedition never happens.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Sam widing wrote:
CHAOKOCartoons wrote:

I also thought maybe its by accident, he see's the mana pool (as the others are fighting over how to use it) since its called a mana pool, he dips his feet in. Sighing and wishes to himself that he was braver ( I assume he would be hopeless through the journey and feel shame that he couldn't help his friends) Poof got the wish :P
That boy must have some reach if he can dip his feet in that thing :P
ImageImageImageImage
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Yay for eye colors! (In all but the last panel)
And yay for the huskies coming back! It's a shame Fox doesn't remember them, though.

Interesting thought - if animals were equal to humans, would that mean the penalties would be higher for them in heaven? If so, that might have bad implications for King. He might just join this fight.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Aww, cuddle angels. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Douglas Collier wrote:Yay for eye colors! (In all but the last panel)
And yay for the huskies coming back! It's a shame Fox doesn't remember them, though.

Interesting thought - if animals were equal to humans, would that mean the penalties would be higher for them in heaven? If so, that might have bad implications for King. He might just join this fight.
Both penalties for heaven and responsibilities on Earth would be higher. No world comes perfect in the end of the day, but then again I guess that also depends on who you ask and what they think is worth it.
...and something tells me a lot of pets probably aren't a fan of this. Not all, but most. :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon Furry

Post by Dragon Furry »

Fox you lucky dog. Don't ask so much when cute girls want to cuddle, just cuddle back ;)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Hey! Another dragon! Hi there! :D

Anyway, I'd think that someone with Fox's personality would probably have a lot of questions if two angelic beings appeared out of nowhere and treated you like they knew you.
-Champion Motto

Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Dragon Furry wrote:Fox you lucky dog. Don't ask so much when cute girls want to cuddle, just cuddle back ;)
And he doesn't have to imagine himself as the hunk he was up there.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Something tells me this arc is going to be awesome. I hope we see more celestials come down to earth
and maybe a plot twist where they actually use the mana to revive them and we have colorful husky puppers
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

So this is gonna end up being Fox, Sabrina and The Huskie Angels (and Maybe some others) vs. Keene and his team I'm guessing. I hope Keene can learn to actually listen though because I have a feeling this could end very badly if he doesn't.
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

Woo the Angels are back! Go Fox!
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

Gonna have to get King in there to [re]introduce Fox to the rainbow huskies.
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I just realized something. It's interesting that Fox knew to ask Sabrina about the huskies.
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Macsen wrote:I just realized something. It's interesting that Fox knew to ask Sabrina about the huskies.
Probably because of the halos.
And being, you know, serbet lime and pink
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

TBH i sorta feel like one side is there to help and the other to hinder, if they were both there to help it wouldn't make much seance. Though, i sort of hope keene gets his way on this, in the end he is only trying to bring equality and even if hes willing to do unsavory things to achieve that well... the ends really do justify the means here. we have seen how the pets despite being both sentient and intelligent to the same extent as humans are treated very badly. like the puppy in that one comic... would you really think keene was going too far if that bag was full of babies?

Despite the niceness we see the world of houspets is actually pretty distopian in some aspects, and even despite how bad things are keen isn't looking for revenge, only justice. The gods would have to be cruel indeed to oppose his endeavor outright and so in that regard i am hoping that both sides are there to guide them in a way that achieves keene goal but also avoids issues that may arise due to his lack of foresight.
Image Image
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yeah, Breel, and we learned that, dunno if Keene did already, too. ;) Ok Breel, apparently you aren't going to stop Keene from what he wants to do, but, doesn't help him make you interfere the same with his destiny, also if differently? :roll: :P Indeed, I knew that's the help you want, Keene... :twisted: Breel can't ensure it, though. :) I wonder what's the favour Sabrina wants from Fox... Great! Also the husky angels came on Earth to finally visit Fox (and they have such curious names)! :D
Eheh, Breel is so cute in third panel. :D
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm just realizing it ~ Breel is likely going to guide Keene to do what he wants, but he's going to guide him to the one person that mightbe able to use the mana correctly.

Grape.

I'm still holding out that Grape still has some sort of power over this temple since Pete originally wanted her to be the avatar.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Those 2 girls from heaven are back :D
But why doesn't Fox remember them? Didn't he meet them in heaven? And didn't they write him a letter telling to go to Sabrina's Christmas party ?
Douglas Collier

Adoring Fan wrote:TBH i sorta feel like one side is there to help and the other to hinder, if they were both there to help it wouldn't make much seance. Though, i sort of hope keene gets his way on this, in the end he is only trying to bring equality and even if hes willing to do unsavory things to achieve that well... the ends really do justify the means here. we have seen how the pets despite being both sentient and intelligent to the same extent as humans are treated very badly. like the puppy in that one comic... would you really think keene was going too far if that bag was full of babies?

Despite the niceness we see the world of houspets is actually pretty distopian in some aspects, and even despite how bad things are keen isn't looking for revenge, only justice. The gods would have to be cruel indeed to oppose his endeavor outright and so in that regard i am hoping that both sides are there to guide them in a way that achieves keene goal but also avoids issues that may arise due to his lack of foresight.
The animals in the HPU aren't quite as intelligent as humans. Rick wrote a story explaining how HPU cats came to be domesticated - it was because they didn't have the brains to plan that humans did, and so became dependent on humans. Also, inability to think very far ahead is likely why the dolphins haven't been able to take over the world - they get too distracted by the "now" to plan their world domination.

In regards to Housepets being dystopian, well, yes it is. But even our world isn't a very nice place - war, domestic violence, injustice; the thing is, humans have free will, and the powers that be wouldn't allow that to be taken away.

In making humans and animals equal, one option would be to make humans as unfit to lead as animals are - but without the careful planning humans have set in place, the world would fall into anarchy, and humans would likely go extinct (with nobody to tell them to plant food or prepare for winter, inept instinct-less humans would starve to death).

There's only one other possible option for human/animal equality, and that's giving animals full human intelligence - so that human rights would have to be granted to animals. The problem with that is, with greater power comes greater responsibility. No free pass to heaven, no freedom from legal penalties or citizens' duties. And they'd probably end up wiping out humanity, Planet of the Apes style, and then possibly start warring with each other, just like humans.

Either way, this ends badly if it happens at all.

A better option would be for all humans to briefly be educated in what animals' lives are like - then they might start treating animals better. And that gives the possibility to see what the human characters look like as animals! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Soerix wrote:Those 2 girls from heaven are back :D
But why doesn't Fox remember them? Didn't he meet them in heaven? And didn't they write him a letter telling to go to Sabrina's Christmas party ?
Possession of the letter may have briefly given him a flash that at least compelled him to take the advice provided, to go to that Christmas party. It doesn't mean he vividly remembers the huskies.

Though King probably would know, since he was the one who called Fox "Casanova" when they got back.
Douglas Collier

I wonder - would the first thing Keene did once animals got equal rights be to sue Karishad and Tarot for taking and using his mana (er, better just call it a scientifically significant rock sample of unknown composition) without permission?

Also, I just realized, Celia and Thomas are probably involved in this too - they'll probably end up messing everything up. Or be destroyed Indiana Jones villain style. Or both.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Douglas Collier wrote:The animals in the HPU aren't quite as intelligent as humans. Rick wrote a story explaining how HPU cats came to be domesticated - it was because they didn't have the brains to plan that humans did, and so became dependent on humans.
I do believe it was not that they lacked the mental capacity to plan ahead but that they simply did not, due to an excess of contentedness with and a lack of drive to improve the way things are -- as opposed to the humans who constantly assume and wish things could be better than they are now. Only when faced with the extreme need for the consistency that the humans provided in the face of the somewhat regularly occurring large storms did the king agree that the cats would work with the humans.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Douglas Collier wrote:Also, I just realized, Celia and Thomas are probably involved in this too - they'll probably end up messing everything up. Or be destroyed Indiana Jones villain style. Or both.
I don't really think so... While the first one is possible, it doesn't seem likely given how long they have been inactive in the comic despite the various opportunities they've had to make a return. The second one seems a bit too dark for the comic's tone.
-Champion Motto

Maryalee

Post by Maryalee »

Keene is yet to learn the difference between "What's good for him" and "To his good." He's fallen into the mindset that many people have: "If only I can get this one *thing* then I will be happy." If Breel could teach him anything it should be that happiness is internal, until you share it.

On the one hand, it seems odd that Keene can be so mercenary ruthless in business, yet willing to put it all on the table for something so altruistic as animal equality. Unless that was the plan from the beginning and the money was always just a means. His own ego is still his biggest enemy though. He is absolutely positive his way is THE way, and his stubbornness is going to cause problems, and undoubtedly hilarity for the course of the arc. I have to wonder if Breel were to tell Keene that if he succeeded in his goal of using the mana pool to create animal/human equality it would mean they would never see each other in Heaven ever again; would Keene's stubborn resolve push him to say "So be it" and roll the die anyway. Is Keene really prepared to put it all on the table, if all really does mean everything?
This is not the signature you were looking for. *click* Move along.
ChekeBello

Post by ChekeBello »

Didn't Keene stated that he wanted to use the mana to fasten the process? Not just insta changing the animals status.

And not all the world is like that, Feraga appear to be pretty much ruled by Animals, and thanks to Itsuki we know that in japan tanuki are citizens (maybe other animals too). In both instances it appears like as they are citizens on they native countries, they are treated as citizens in the states.

I think the big problem for Keene is that animals in the states are comfortable the way things are. So far I can only think of Jess talking about injustice between animals but not with humans, and Lucretia (Miles didn't complain about his life until she pointed it out).

I think that what Keene needs to do before convincing humans to equalize animal rights, is convincing animals that it is a cause to fight for. Since it appears that he is fighting for equality all by himself(with tons of money and many lawyers).

Edit: Also I don't think any of the parties, whatever number of them got into this, will success; they all will reach the mana pool at the same time only to find that Kari just used of all it :3
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Obbl wrote:
Douglas Collier wrote:The animals in the HPU aren't quite as intelligent as humans. Rick wrote a story explaining how HPU cats came to be domesticated - it was because they didn't have the brains to plan that humans did, and so became dependent on humans.
I do believe it was not that they lacked the mental capacity to plan ahead but that they simply did not, due to an excess of contentedness with and a lack of drive to improve the way things are -- as opposed to the humans who constantly assume and wish things could be better than they are now. Only when faced with the extreme need for the consistency that the humans provided in the face of the somewhat regularly occurring large storms did the king agree that the cats would work with the humans.
That's much better than the previous Idea that The HPU animals are complete childish idiots, since we've seen Marcus, who's a Wild Wolf, as in not domesticated at all, is able to think on the level of an adult Human, along with the rest of his pack, as well as his cubs when they grew older. I mean, as you pointed out, the Cats were prideful and had a lack of Drive, which also meant they became complacent. We never saw the Story of the Canines being domesticated, so this is likely because the Cats were too arrogant to think they actually needed to plan ahead.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Argent

Post by Argent »

Xane wrote:It's kind of unfair Fox is the only one that has no memory of what happened in Heaven...
Yeh, I was kind of expecting his memory to come back when the angels showed up.
GameCobra wrote:Also, Breel is now catching my interest with those head gestures. :3
Reeeeealy?

Obbl wrote:I do believe it was not that they lacked the mental capacity to plan ahead but that they simply did not, due to an excess of contentedness with and a lack of drive to improve the way things are -- as opposed to the humans who constantly assume and wish things could be better than they are now.
The advantage to grumpface.

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Argent wrote:Reeeeealy?
first time just felt not-so-slinky. (More like a bridge)

second time came off slinky. x3