2017/06/14 - Got Your Number

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
SuperStar

Re: 2017/06/14 - Got Your Number

Post by SuperStar »

GameCobra wrote:This is turning out to be one of those massive build-up arcs where all the characters gang up and make their dreams come true.

While Res and Rufus are here and i'm extremely happy about it, i can't help but wonder: Where is Max?

Having him absent for an arc normally woudln't bother me, but with this kind of build-up, now i'm starting to wonder...
He'll make a surprise appearance on Keene's side along with Bino. ;)
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

GameCobra wrote:This is turning out to be one of those massive build-up arcs where all the characters gang up and make their dreams come true.

While Res and Rufus are here and i'm extremely happy about it, i can't help but wonder: Where is Max?

Having him absent for an arc normally woudln't bother me, but with this kind of build-up, now i'm starting to wonder...
Rick wouldn't kill max.
Or we'd kill Rick.
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Bandit1990 wrote:It took me a bit to remember who the fourth on Joey's team is. I keep forgetting that Squeak is there too.

It is sad that Rufus has Joined the choir invisible, so to speak, but he is in Heaven, and we know it's nice there.

As for Res, I'm looking forward to his reaction when told that these kind of magical shenanigans are common here in BG. :)
No, the fourth is Max. He's just MIA at the moment.
The next team to be introduced: The mice! Squeak, SPO, SPP, and... Karl Lenin-Faust! (The mouse that Grape Ape ate.)
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

TheOne wrote:
Bandit1990 wrote:It took me a bit to remember who the fourth on Joey's team is. I keep forgetting that Squeak is there too.

It is sad that Rufus has Joined the choir invisible, so to speak, but he is in Heaven, and we know it's nice there.

As for Res, I'm looking forward to his reaction when told that these kind of magical shenanigans are common here in BG. :)
No, the fourth is Max. He's just MIA at the moment.
The next team to be introduced: The mice! Squeak, SPO, SPP, and... Karl Lenin-Faust! (The mouse that Grape Ape ate.)
Oh man that'd be cool to see Karl again
OrWasIt.EXE

Post by OrWasIt.EXE »

I wonder how Peanut and Grape will take this, unless they were informed of Rufus' death off-panel.
What do you get when you cram a shapeshifter, a dog-dragon, two wolves, a human, a robot, a bear, and a fox into one vessel? (They/Them pronouns)
John-056

Post by John-056 »

valerio wrote:
John-056 wrote:I have no clue. Before this, Rufus only appeared during 'Down at the Farm' and on a Valentine's Card. Other than that, we've never seen him.

It's funny. It seems like only now that Rick, along with most of us readers, even remembered Ol' Rufus... And in time to find he's dead from age and chose to bring him back to Help Peanut, Grape and Res.

Still, I feel like this is a reference to Housepets the Series, since it had a moment where Rufus dies from Old Age and later makes a Comeback to help the Living Cast... Which was I think back in 2011-2012 when that Chapter came out. It was pretty far back.
I still vividly remember that scene I wrote, and today I'm so sad :cry: :cry: :cry:
I know. The scene in your fic was sad... But it also had a sense of Closure. If I remember, Rufus appeared to Peanut to get him back to his family, then much later, help save them again in the Spirit Realm... Which feels like this very thing that's going on.

I just wonder what class they'd be. Peanut's likely to be Warrior/Berserker, Grape would be a Monk or a Ninja and Res a Sorcerer or Healer. Not sure about Rufus, however. Druid? Gunner? (Before anyone complains, I'm referring to the Gunner Class from TERA. They use MASSIVE Magic Cannons.)
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh! :o It's nice to see Rufus again... But that halo... :? :cry: I know of your physical impairment, Jack, but come on, you still need fingers to count? :P Nice, there's also Joey, this will be more than a nerdy adventure for him. ;) Maybe there's also Squeak. Ah, Grape, you use fingers to count, too... :P So, also Rufus came from Heaven, to help Grape, Peanut, and Res group against Keene and Breel's one, I guess. :) Do Sabrina, Fox, and Tarot make a third group?
GameCobra wrote:Where is Max?
Well, Grape can eventually always grab him and put him with the force in the adventure, like she already did. :P
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

1. Hes dead!?

2. How many people are involved in this!?

3. I'm so confused!

I'm curious about all these teams, so much is currently unclear. Are these teams just an enlargement of the Keene v Sabrina group? or is everyone just getting angels telling them to get the mana? I'm anxious for the next update to find out whats going on :)

You know seeing how grape and Peanut are in the same team with Rufus AND without Max i have a feeling we may see this being the time of reckoning. After all Rufus is the one who gave peanut the confidence to tell grape how he felt. Somehow i just have a feeling we are gonna hear him ask how the dead chicken went, or perhaps comment on how its nice to see there together.
Image Image
Argent

Post by Argent »

Oh yeh, everyone needs a spirit helper.

Lester's team will get Dragon's kid brother who's never actually gotten to play U&U yet and is so excited...
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

Argent wrote:Oh yeh, everyone needs a spirit helper.

Lester's team will get Dragon's kid brother who's never actually gotten to play U&U yet and is so excited...
They'll prolly get Kitsune considering he's into all the U&U stuff
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Ya know, one's gotta wonder: How many gifts did they have to give Fortune Teller Baba to bring all these people back for a day? She's really been working overtime on this one! :lol:
Not A Furry wrote:

Kitsune is not a spirit, he's a celestial, on or around the same level as Pete and Dragon. Same would go for any celestail related to Pete and Dragon. So far they've only sent ex-mortals to help out, there doesn't seem to be an interest in sending a celestial. I mean if they wanted to really get it done they'd just send a celestial in and be done with it. But then again, since it's Pete's temple, there might be some kind of spell that keeps out any celestial that isn't him.
ImageImageImageImage
Not A Furry

Post by Not A Furry »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:
Not A Furry wrote:

Kitsune is not a spirit, he's a celestial, on or around the same level as Pete and Dragon. Same would go for any celestail related to Pete and Dragon. So far they've only sent ex-mortals to help out, there doesn't seem to be an interest in sending a celestial. I mean if they wanted to really get it done they'd just send a celestial in and be done with it. But then again, since it's Pete's temple, there might be some kind of spell that keeps out any celestial that isn't him.
Maybe his avatar?
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Not A Furry wrote: Maybe his avatar?
Somehow I doubt it. The Game is over.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Benjamin_Mahir

Post by Benjamin_Mahir »

To all people complaining about Rufus being dead, let me just say that at this point we're more likely to visit heaven again than the farm. Just saying.

As for each group getting a spirit guide... I think that would be omitting the D&D group for some strange reason. I'm going to put my money on all the other groups ending up at the mana pool while D&D group ends up fighting a Balrog or something.
TheOne wrote:
Not A Furry wrote: Maybe his avatar?
Somehow I doubt it. The Game is over.
I still feel the other two to three members of the game group is an plot thread that may one day resurface.
Not to mention once this is over we need to talk about the Spirit Dragon's temple; that's still a thing that must have existed at one point, and if Kitsune didn't remove Pete's temple, then I doubt he removed Spirit's.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Given all of her symbols are Egyptian, hers is probably one of the old temples or monuments over there.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Just how many characters are going to participate in this arc?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Liam wrote:Just how many characters are going to participate in this arc?
ALL OF THEM.
it'll be like the watergun fight all over again.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

Hope Rufus isn't the healer.

"Sorry Grape... Peanut is beyond my powers to help."
"WHAT?!"
"He's fine! No damage at all, I can't cast anything on him."
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

ANGELS, ASSEMBLE!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Argent wrote:Lester's team will get Dragon's kid brother who's never actually gotten to play U&U yet and is so excited...
Dragon's and Pete's kid brother... unless he was actually older than Pete
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Saturn381 wrote:You know with all these characters returning, how much you wanna bet this is going to be the last arc? :P
So would that make them the "Raiders of the last arc"?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Saturn381 wrote:You know with all these characters returning, how much you wanna bet this is going to be the last arc? :P
Just checking. You mean last Celestial arc, not the last Housepets! arc, yes?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

TeflonCougar wrote:
That's a great pun, can I steal that?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

... something tells me Max is going to be on Joey's team. :o
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Just checking. You mean last Celestial arc, not the last Housepets! arc, yes?
I mean the last Housepets arc.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

SuperStar wrote:
TeflonCougar wrote:
That's a great pun, can I steal that?
yep
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That alt text, man. *giggles*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Benjamin_Mahir wrote:To all people complaining about Rufus being dead, let me just say that at this point we're more likely to visit heaven again than the farm. Just saying.

I don't think anyone is actually complaining. Just surprised is all.... We haven't seen him since relatively early in the comic only to find hes dead. Its sorta surprising.... It would make me very VERY sad if this was the last arc. I do however think this is going to be an important one, a lot of stuff seems to be lining up both to resolve old plots as well as to be starting totally new ones. This is healthy IMHO as things need to keep moving and rick has always done an amazing job at that in general. How many people thought the comic was over when he first introduced the cosmic game after all? Things are once again lining up for a major shift in the plot.
Image Image
Argent

Post by Argent »

I don't see any reason to assume this is a final arc, I don't see anything from Rick to that effect and I'm sure he'd make an announcement if HP! was going to end soon.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Macsen wrote:...WHEN DID RUFUS DIE?!
Sometime between when we last saw him and now.
Argent wrote:So what ghost do THEY get? Tiny Tum?
NO! NO! NOT OKAY!
Buster wrote:Given all of her symbols are Egyptian, hers is probably one of the old temples or monuments over there.
Pete plunked his down in a desert for the bonuses, and told Dragon she didn't know how to "sacrifice early leads", so she presumably plopped it somewhere other than a desert.

(Also, I appreciate that your avatar is Hexadecimal from ReBoot.)
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here: