2017/07/28 - The Gang’s All Here

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2017/07/28 - The Gang’s All Here

Post by D-Rock »

[2017/07/28 - The Gang’s All Here]
Title Text: D-D-D-DOUBLE FACEPALM COMBO

I'm not sure, but I don't think Rufus gives a care about what's going on. Well, when you're dead, you stop worrying about death.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2017/07/28 - The Gang’s All Here

Post by Saturn381 »

And now they're boned. :lol:
HellishK9

Post by HellishK9 »

They can't turn back now, so it's time for an adventure!
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Now you can get out together! As a team ! ... or get lost trying... probably that one
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

When Picard and Riker leave Data to rescue them ~ only he left it to his senile superior officer.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

So if Rufus' halo counts as a costume does this mean he can go Super Saiyan 3? :P
ImageImageImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

I love that only Res seems to be worried about there being a dead guy walking with them. It's in his face.

So many face paws, so little time,
Anyone might ask her where is the crime?
You can't blame him, my feline dear;
Ninja's also go off without fear
You should have to him earlier,
When things were lighter, tails curlier.
It's not his fault you forgot he'd follow.
That loyalty - to a Cat - is hard to swallow.
But the word defines your brother;
Linked to you tighter than any other.
Compared to you, Tarot's an also ran;
He's loved you since before this began.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Spoiler: A new character enters the room at the end of the page for the next two months.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Rick's still taunting us with Peanut's hat.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:Rick's still taunting us with Peanut's hat.
That he is. Also, anyone else suspecting that the white dog/cat everyone wanted to point out is ALSO a spirit? I mean, we only see them from a distance, and noone actually sees who they are, yet they seem to be on Joey's team, but the Wolves don't acknowledge him/her, and they don't seem to see Rufu either...

Which is odd, considering that some of their Traditions remind me of Native Americans, mostly since the ones who pass are also considered 'Honorary Wolves' while also wearing a (likely) hand/paw-made headband that has a feather stuck in it, and also earning a 'Name' that likely represents a 'True Name'. And since Native Americans are known for their strong spiritual beliefs (Or at least, those raised into them), I'm surprised they don't notice Rufus, or that strange Pet who seems to follow Joey's Squad.

Anyway, I hope that Team Sandvich gets to the Center first, since I don't wanna see Joey's Team Win after acting like Jerks... Or maybe if Joey's team gets to the center first, that they'd get demolished (Read: Knocked Out or Defeated) as a sort of Karmic Retribution for not playing fair and Defacing the structure.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:I'm surprised they don't notice Rufus, or that strange Pet who seems to follow Joey's Squad.
Why would they bother to notice ordinary dogs?

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well they don't have Tarot but at least they are all together. Wait shouldn't Rufus be able to like fly or phase though walls or something? I mean he is a ghost/angel/spirit thing He could get to Tarot that way. Truth be told I'm sure he already knows that Tarot is on her way.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

IceKitsune wrote:Well they don't have Tarot but at least they are all together. Wait, shouldn't Rufus be able to like fly or phase though walls or something? I mean he is a ghost/angel/spirit thing He could get to Tarot that way. Truth be told I'm sure he already knows that Tarot is on her way.
I think he's like a Dragonball ghost. He's as physical as everyone else... Though maybe not to the point that the Wolves can't see him, or anyone else they don't want to let see.
Argent wrote:Why would they bother to notice ordinary dogs?
That's Four-Fingered Jack for you. But Poncho is not the type to just ignore them, since he said Seven. There's Grape, Peanut, Joey, Res, Dallas, Squeak and Lester, and if you add the, possibly two, spirits, it'd mean there's NINE players, with Max being a Late Addition who was accepted in for Balancing issues, since if you include the possible spirit on Team Squeaky (My Personal name for Joey and Squeak's relationship), there'd be one extra player on that team.

That means they either can't see them, or Poncho decides that since they're spirits, they're technically not players because since they're already not of the Mortal Plain, they already have an unfair advantage.
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:That's Four-Fingered Jack for you. But Poncho is not the type to just ignore them, since he said Seven.
But he probably doesn't know the dogs, remember he just said there were seven names on the list. If he had a list of seven names and saw seven dogs... it's almost certainly Squeak he's not counting. Max and Rufus hadn't arrived yet. No mystery to explain.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:That's Four-Fingered Jack for you. But Poncho is not the type to just ignore them, since he said Seven.
But he probably doesn't know the dogs, remember he just said there were seven names on the list. If he had a list of seven names and saw seven dogs... it's almost certainly Squeak he's not counting. Max and Rufus hadn't arrived yet. No mystery to explain.
Not Exactly. Squeak was counted because Jack counted her. She put down her name as well thanks to Joey, so when Poncho said Seven, he was including Squeak.
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:Not Exactly. Squeak was counted because Jack counted her. She put down her name as well thanks to Joey, so when Poncho said Seven, he was including Squeak.
That doesn't mean that Poncho or Jack were counting her. They almost certainly have no idea who pretty much anyone but Bino, Grape, and Peanut are. They were counting 7 animals. There were 7 animals visible.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:Not Exactly. Squeak was counted because Jack counted her. She put down her name as well thanks to Joey, so when Poncho said Seven, he was including Squeak.
That doesn't mean that Poncho or Jack were counting her. They almost certainly have no idea who pretty much anyone but Bino, Grape, and Peanut are. They were counting 7 animals. There were 7 animals visible.
He counted Squeak. Jack is (Very Likely) Racist, not blind. And we've never had a face reveal as of yet from the Mystery White Pet. Their name isn't down, and they're not a late addition since we could see what Joey and his friends, minus Squeak, were wearing, so they're a Spirit.

Also, Joey said 'We', and Jack didn't seem to even care. Jack didn't seem to see Rufus, or even acknowledge that other pet, even though we see their hand raised. It's not Squeak, and they're not wearing a Costume, which even Squeak has, that being a Silver Tiara. Not to mention that Jack was the one SIGNING the Sheets.

The Wolf's missing his Right Arm. That's Jack. He can clearly see Squeak tap dancing on Joey's head. While he doesn't care for names, he knows he'll lose his Job if he's incompetent, such as missing a Person. He may be bored, but he's likely been punished after that time with the Ferris Wheel, either from Keene, Miles or Lucretia, since most of the Miltons besides Lana or Keene wouldn't give a Toot about whatever happens, and Pit finds Collateral Damage to be really Amusing... Or at least, that's what I get from him.

(Hold on, got a better look. They seem to be wearing some kind of Purple Vest... And they seem to be a Wolf... Okay... Why is a Wolf, standing in Joey's group? They're not a wild Wolf, and the only ones we know, are under Keene's payroll. What Da Hek is an employee doing there?)
(It's Not Fox, since Tarot and Sabrina aren't there, and neither are Spring and Summer.)
Last edited by John-056 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Argent wrote:
or, alternately, there were eight names written but squeak's handwriting is too small to be legible and was missed.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Buster wrote:
Argent wrote:
or, alternately, there were eight names written but squeak's handwriting is too small to be legible and was missed.
I thought I mentioned eariler that Squeak had her name written down by Joey. He's her BF, remember?
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:He counted Squeak. Jack is (Very Likely) Racist, not blind.
He doesn't need to be blind to have failed to notice a mouse. Or not realize the mouse is considered a player rather than a pet of a pet. And that's not "racist" it's "specist".
Their name isn't down, and they're not a late addition since we could see what Joey and his friends, minus Squeak, were wearing, so they're a Spirit.
I'm not talking about whether they're a spirit or not, I'm just trying to say that there is no evidence that they're invisible to the wolves.

And there's lots of wolf-like dogs. Not all huskies have curled tails, for example.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, well, I talked too early. :P Also Rufus went down the manhole... Epic double facepalm, indeed! :lol: Uhm, but seems that Rufus can already do something to help them, he looks so confident. ;) Oh Peanut, you won't never understand well. :D Indeed, Grape, only you and Max were going to go down and rescue Res, which ended to be useless, then. :P
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Well, we know seeing the spirits isn't limited to those with prior experience of the Cosmic players as Res can see Rufus.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

I think its interesting to see Rufus show up all of a sudden in the first place. I wonder if he'll be playing a key role in this arc.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

To be fair - I also thought of a Double Facepalm Combo when this comic came out as well.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

GameCobra wrote:When Picard and Riker leave Data to rescue them ~ only he left it to his senile superior officer.

That might be more apt than you realize.. One of the groups DID have a star trek costume in there group. They have it easy, when things get rough just slap your badge and yell "Beam us out of here!". Image

Thank goodness he chose the yellow engineering staff uniform and not a red security detail one.
Image Image
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Actually, for all we know, that IS a security uinform. the two have always shared the same colors. besides, engineers dying in embarrassing ways is almost as common as redshirt security. Geordi was the helmsman for half a season at the start and only got the job after they went through five of em.

Also, a comm badge doesn't automaticaly mean there's somone on the other end. crewmembers have been stranded PLENTY of times.
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Though in all honesty, I think Rick went for the yellow shirt mostly because "red shirt = dead" is such a well known trope that it is sometimes one of the only things a person knows about Star Trek. Thus using the yellow is a simple way to avoid overreactive theorizing about Dallas's possible death in the arc.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Obbl wrote:Though in all honesty, I think Rick went for the yellow shirt mostly because "red shirt = dead" is such a well known trope that it is sometimes one of the only things a person knows about Star Trek. Thus using the yellow is a simple way to avoid overreactive theorizing about Dallas's possible death in the arc.

That was the point of my joke exactly.
Image Image
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

These are not the pets you are looking for.
These are not the pets you are looking for.
Wrong Group Rufus.png (193.28 KiB) Viewed 9884 times
Got bored, made a thing.