2017/09/06 - New Kid

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
vulpinator

Re: 2017/09/06 - New Kid

Post by vulpinator »

Cesco wrote:That awesome fox can be present everywhere. :P So, did Grape touch his butt, then? 8-)
He did hold his paw to his face rather sheepishly in that first panel...
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

vulpinator wrote:
Cesco wrote:That awesome fox can be present everywhere. :P So, did Grape touch his butt, then? 8-)
He did hold his paw to his face rather sheepishly in that first panel...
I assumed it was Dallas, considering his "Call me!".
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Dallas.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

To explain why Kitsune looks like a normal pet and is there. Team need is the only team unaware of the Cosmic game going on. They have no clue it's all real, the heavenly denizens and the gods, so they can't have help from anyone with a halo - secret revealed! Kitsune's there undercover, protecting them whilst, as usual, revealing nothing.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:To explain why Kitsune looks like a normal pet and is there. Team need is the only team unaware of the Cosmic game going on. They have no clue it's all real, the heavenly denizens and the gods, so they can't have help from anyone with a halo - secret revealed! Kitsune's there undercover, protecting them whilst, as usual, revealing nothing.
The Question is... Why? The comic shows they can protect themselves fine. Is it because of what's at the end? What has Pete left as a Guardian to warrant Kitsune the need to intervene, due to hiding out of Frame until now?

The Spirits and Angels say that they are needed here because they need to act against this threat... But the fact is, we don't see Rufus at all, and the last we saw of him, was standing outside. There were multiple chances for him to appear within the Temple, and it would be a Cop out for Rick to say 'He was Off Panel' Again! That trick only works once per Arc! Repeating it multiple times does NOT make it funny!

Grape outright lampshades such a thing when she keeps thinking Rufus was pulling her leg... Which is a callback to Rufus making many References related to death and revealing they were not the case, way back to one of the Older Arcs, 'Down at the Farm'.

I know Kitsune's a 'Trickster', and a 'Loveable Pest', but this feels like he's Biased sticking with the Nerds... Which isn't like him. What's his motive? Why is he with them? Kitsune's known for his Schemes, with each being a benefit to Mortals, while not being Biased. He ended King's hard Choice of 'Being Human' or 'Being Dog', with King ending his life as Joel, and becoming King after a test of Character. He talked Spirit Dragon out of Min-Maxing a Spell that would have destroyed the Mortal plane had she used it, and started the whole game to teach the Siblings a Lesson.

For him to be here, and with a Game that involves the Spirits entering the picture, means that things are looking Bad... Very bad.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

John-056 wrote:The Question is... Why? The comic shows they can protect themselves fine. Is it because of what's at the end? What has Pete left as a Guardian to warrant Kitsune the need to intervene, due to hiding out of Frame until now? ... For him to be here, and with a Game that involves the Spirits entering the picture, means that things are looking Bad... Very bad.
As mentioned here by Breel, and made more clear here by Tarot (with confirmation from Summer and Spring) the mana has the power to destroy the world, so they're all here to make sure that doesn't happen. So things are bad, but they're also in good hands.
I assume Kitsune's here specifically because he's been GMing for this universe the past few millennia (from our perspective) and has some amount of insight as well as attachment to this place (not to mention the remaining mana is from the very game he was GMing, so he may also have a feeling of responsibility to make sure it is handled properly).
John-056 wrote:But the fact is, we don't see Rufus at all, and the last we saw of him, was standing outside.
We actually have seen Rufus in the temple. Seems Rick agrees that actually showing Rufus in the temple was the best story telling mechanic.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Obbl wrote:
John-056 wrote:The Question is... Why? The comic shows they can protect themselves fine. Is it because of what's at the end? What has Pete left as a Guardian to warrant Kitsune the need to intervene, due to hiding out of Frame until now? ... For him to be here, and with a Game that involves the Spirits entering the picture, means that things are looking Bad... Very bad.
As mentioned here by Breel, and made more clear here by Tarot (with confirmation from Summer and Spring) the mana has the power to destroy the world, so they're all here to make sure that doesn't happen. So things are bad, but they're also in good hands.
I assume Kitsune's here specifically because he's been GMing for this universe the past few millennia (from our perspective) and has some amount of insight as well as attachment to this place (not to mention the remaining mana is from the very game he was GMing, so he may also have a feeling of responsibility to make sure it is handled properly).
And he's sticking with the nerds for the reason that they know nothing of the great game. Unlike the heavenlies, Kitsune can disguise himself as a Mortal without any halo ruining the effect. Thus he can help them if they get to the mana without them learning.

Or he's just along because he's bored. One or the other.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

Who says it can't be both?
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Or maybe he's here because he knows the other groups will use the pool selfishly, and wants to move the 'goal post' so they can't?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Intriguing proposition :ugeek:
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Buster wrote:Or maybe he's here because he knows the other groups will use the pool selfishly, and wants to move the 'goal post' so they can't?
That's a good point. Considering that Lester seems to be one of 'Those' types of nerds, he may end up trying to use the Mana.

I mean, Sandwich Party wanted to back out until Res got in and wanted to continue, while Tarot wants to stop whatever she thinks is to come, though what's to say she, or Sabrina has no ulterior motive? Keene Milton may have been kicked out, but he wants to get his hands on the Mana to try and warp things to his view, at least that's what we got from his appearances.

Sandwich Party are the LEAST likely to use the Pool Selfishly, while Nerd Party, with Lester in the group, at least, have a fairly high chance that they would. At the Moment, Keene's the one most likely to abuse it the most. Everyone else is a mystery at this time.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

LOOKS LIKE PEANUT'S GOT A NEW RIVAL"