2017/10/20 - A Real Puzzle

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Adoring Fan

Re: 2017/10/20 - A Real Puzzle

Post by Adoring Fan »

Oh the upside Peanut looks awesome in the hat!
Image Image
jothki

Post by jothki »

Now they can know which pieces of information that they still don't have access to would have been needed to solve the puzzles.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Great topper, Peanut - a mix of the Toddler and the Mad Matter...

Hmmmm... There's the next Imaginate for Housepets!...Alice in Wonderland. Okay, Casting Call !!!

ALICE IN WONDERLAND

ALICE ........ BAILEY - calm, bemused, curious, good stage presence.

ALICE'S CAT, DINAH ....... MARVIN.

THE WHITE RABBIT ....... ZACHERY - anxious, insightful, busy.

THE DODO .... SASHA. ..... So many delicious screw up possibilities!

THE TAIL-TELLING MOUSE .... SQUEEK

CATERPILLAR ... TAROT. Green eyes, smoke and mirrors, and she gets to be a butterfly:-)

CHESHIRE CAT .... SABRINA. She was BORN for this role:-)

MAD HATTER .... PEANUT. He's got the hat and the attitude, especially if you liked Ed Wynn over Depp.

MARCH HARE ... GRAPE. P and G in the duo of a lifetime! Jerry Colonna, you'll love this. NEVER pass up an opportunity to put the brown dog and the purple cat together unencumbered.

DORMOUSE ... SPO. Not a scene stealer but can hold his teapot.

ALICE'S OLDER SISTER .... DAISY. Few lines and that Ipana smile...

BILL THE LIZARD. .... SPIRIT DRAGON. Okay, now you're mortal. Time to get a job. You still fly, though, right?

FROG FOOTMAN .... Fiddler

FISH FOOTMAN ... Keys.

THE DUCHESS ... BINO. In drag. Trust me, he'll do it. And Bailey will grind him to pemikin.

THE DUCHESS' COOK ... JESSICA. Like Sabrina, the sardonic possum was born to the role and she knows culinary preparation (matters storage, mall trash, she's Paula Dean with a prehensil tail!).

THE BABY TURNED PIG .... TIGER. Bono and Tiger in the same scene as Bailey and Jessica. Real chemistry!

THE GIANT PUPPY ... REX. CERBERUS would be good, too, but i'd like to bring back an early character, sorta like Shermy from Charles Schultz's Peanuts. Little sentimental outreach there.

PIGEON/MAGPIE - Trinket

GRYPHON ... KING. ?????? STAY WITH ME HERE.

MOCK TURTLE ... PETE. Ah, revenge. King gets to play the role of Pete, gets to enact the embodiment of his antagonist. Pete, who IS a truly in but now mortal, has to submit to the subordinate role, weep on cue, make atrocious puns, and recite silly poetry. Oh, the irony.

LOBSTER - and for more fun, while the MOCK TURTLE/PETE recites "The Voice of the Lobster", we could have SASHA or DUCHESS try to act out the verses.

GARDENERS - FIVE, TWO, and SEVEN OF CLUBS ... DALLAS, LESTER and JOEY as the painted the roses cards.

QUEEN OF HEARTS - several great candidates including GRAPE, BINO (again in drag), KEENE, but virtually type cast would be DUCHESS.

KING OF HEARTS ... MAXWELL. King for a day.

KNAVE OF HEARTS - FOX.

KNAVE'S TWO GUARDS .... MUNGO and FIDO.

EXECUTIONER .... MILES if you want gravitas; RES if you want out-of-type-cast comefy

OLD FATHER WILLIAM ... RALPH. OLD, he's dead even. And funny.

WILLIAM'S SON ... RES.

CAUCUS RACE CROWD ... THE FERALS. Raccoons, rabbits, the deer, CORY SKUNK gets a walk-on.

JURORS .... BRUNO, the WOLF PACK, SOPHIE the CAMEL, the BARN CATS.

CARDS ... K9PD unit, the Bigglesworths, the ferrets, maybe even some humans.

Everybody on stage! And that's enough from me...
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

I fully admit that i have never read the book but..... King of hearts? The duchess? theirs like 4 characters in that list I've never even heard of. Am i to assume that several large chunks were left out of every cinematic adaptation?
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Shoulda picked the DM class.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Adoring Fan wrote:I fully admit that i have never read the book but..... King of hearts? The duchess? theirs like 4 characters in that list I've never even heard of. Am i to assume that several large chunks were left out of every cinematic adaptation?
There are parts of that book that even an animator would have a hard time putting on screen.

then again, considering the book is the author equating variable based mathematics to a drug trip in prose form, maybe that was the point?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

'Evenin', Adoring Fan and folks,

There are a bunch of versions of Alice in Wonderland out there, the best known probably being the Disney animated feature from the 50's. It has the King of Hearts, depicted as a hard-core little man about the size of a long haired dachshund beside his monstrous, frog-mouthed battle-ax Queen. The Duchess is a minor character and almost never appears. The Depp versions and most made-for-TV versions take frisky freedoms with the characters and the subplots, tantamount to gross revisions at times. I tried to throw in just about all the characters in the book to get absolutely everybody on stage and multiply the opportunities for massive theatrical lunacy.

Lewis Carroll [real name - Harold Dodgson] was a professional math teacher, amateur photographer, and an ordained deacon in the Episcopal church. He was an interesting cat, to say the least.

Some wretched, rainy afternoon, get a copy of the book, pour a big glass of your favorite libation, and read it. Won't take that long. Maybe read his sequel, Through the Looking Glass, which is also fun. Among other things, it's interesting bow often people quote lines from these two books without knowing their origins. A friend of mine says that, after the Bible, our Supreme Court justices quote these two Alice books in their decisions more than any other works of literature or law. That may tell you more about Supreme Court than it does about Lewis Carroll...

Anyhow, I reread them often but, hey, I'm old. Regards.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

NHWestoN wrote:'Evenin', Adoring Fan and folks,

There are a bunch of versions of Alice in Wonderland out there, the best known probably being the Disney animated feature from the 50's. It has the King of Hearts, depicted as a hard-core little man about the size of a long haired dachshund beside his monstrous, frog-mouthed battle-ax Queen. The Duchess is a minor character and almost never appears. The Depp versions and most made-for-TV versions take frisky freedoms with the characters and the subplots, tantamount to gross revisions at times. I tried to throw in just about all the characters in the book to get absolutely everybody on stage and multiply the opportunities for massive theatrical lunacy.

Lewis Carroll [real name - Harold Dodgson] was a professional math teacher, amateur photographer, and an ordained deacon in the Episcopal church. He was an interesting cat, to say the least.

Some wretched, rainy afternoon, get a copy of the book, pour a big glass of your favorite libation, and read it. Won't take that long. Maybe read his sequel, Through the Looking Glass, which is also fun. Among other things, it's interesting bow often people quote lines from these two books without knowing their origins. A friend of mine says that, after the Bible, our Supreme Court justices quote these two Alice books in their decisions more than any other works of literature or law. That may tell you more about Supreme Court than it does about Lewis Carroll...

Anyhow, I reread them often but, hey, I'm old. Regards.
I know I'm getting off topic here but I always thought the Queen Of Hearts from the Disney version looked like Fred Flintstone in a dress. Just putting that thought out there.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

There might be something to that crossover since a number of Disney animators jumped ship for the Hanna-Barbara shop in the mid-50s. HB did Flintstones and a whole generation of "limited animation" shows that seemed to be everywhere on 60s Tv. Regards.