2017/11/13 - Restitution

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: 2017/11/13 - Restitution

Post by Sleet »

I choose to believe it's one big conspiracy to frame Pete. *crosses her arms*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TendoTwo

Post by TendoTwo »

TeflonCougar wrote:Reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BksfByBxNNk
Ah, THAT'S where I had heard that before, it was just using pumpkin instead of camel. I knew that second panel sounded far too familiar to not be a reference.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Jamonius wrote:Hmmm, do wonder though if the curse changes you into whatever animal you've had the most recent contact with. What if he had been using a donkey instead?
Perhaps he wouldn't have changed, then.
NHWestoN wrote:And where might the now mortal Pete Gryphon be in all of this? No finger-snap wake-up calls for you, Thomas!
What if Pete were incarnated as Thomas? There's some dramatic/cosmic irony for you of the "hoist by his own petard" variety: falling into one's own trap.
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

While I suppose he could have, I don't think that Kitsune would have incarnated them in the past, especially someone who lived concurrently to the current game. He is the one who was against "Weird Time Junk."

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
wolfpup

Post by wolfpup »

I certainly was not expecting that. I know when i go to sleep i get sent to some pretty weird and mixed up worlds, but as of date. I don't think i have ever had anything like that happen. Wonder if he will get out of this predicament or sofia will have her dream boat husband. Will wait and see.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Pete transforming in to Thomas? Would be in character, wouldn't it? And, so now Pete/Thomas has been turned onto a camel ... ? Convoluted. Okay, I need coffee; protect Dog is for me, will yah, mates?

I guess if Thomas had a donkey instead of a camel, then the logic of the spell would have him become a donkey... Now that invites the question, what would he have become if he'd been traveling alone? Maybe a material object instead of a living being...

You could also point out ... but since you're a kind person, you didn't ... that Thomas has been making an bubblegum of himself since we first met him so complete transformation into a donkey would be not long transition.

Regards.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Also: Is Thomas a 'full' camel now or is it just a temporary spell
ImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Likely temporary. Even Joel's change to King wasn't permanent at first. That had to be by choice.

Pete will probably tell him how to change back in the next update.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

bet you it hinges on something that can't happen due to pete not being present leading thomas on a quest to find him and/or his sister.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmmm ... But now that Pete's mortal, can he reverse a spell he created when he was a celestial?
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

NHWestoN wrote: You could also point out ... but since you're a kind person, you didn't ... that Thomas has been making an bubblegum of himself since we first met him so complete transformation into a donkey would be not long transition.

Regards.
there seems to be a language sanitizer active on this site. "bubblegum" seems to be the default switch out for the word you were trying to use

Mod Edit: Don't evade the filter
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, figure so. Well, the comment wasn't terribly much more witty using the word I attempted to pass. It didn't seem to care for my elliptical correction, either. Ah, well, if a little verbal discretion is part of the code, I'll gladly follow it.

Besides, Tef, my stupid tablet keeps changing what I wrote so I frequently have to go back and edit after sending. Sigh. I'm not really a twenty-first century creature.

And ..... Now I'll sit down before someone starts a chorus of "Do you have the time to listen to me whine?". Regards.