2018/01/08 - On The Fence

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/01/08 - On The Fence

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/01/08 - On The Fence]
Title Text: WARM ME

Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
IceKitsune

Re: 2018/01/08 - On The Fence

Post by IceKitsune »

She needs her cuddles!
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

You wouldn't need to see a vet for swallowed dice, but you would need to wait to find out the roll.
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

Never get between a mouse and her warm cuddles.
Or in Squeak's case between her and the warmth of Joey's footpad.
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

A mouse needs her warm cuddles.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Funny. We al think it's Lester to blame. We all like Dallas too much to blame him!

Joey, when the lady has your ear,
it’s not too wise to be so smart.
She feared for you, your little dear;
you trouble her when you’re apart.
She’s good and strong, your Squeak
and she’s got the measure of Lester;
she broke you from his will…
How long until he’ll come & pester?
If not in the Kennel is the house
the source of Joey’s punishment
or where he has to just sit and wait
as She prepares her Royal admonishment?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Peanut and Tarot did it better :3

However, that's some arm strength for a mouse...
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

GameCobra wrote:Peanut and Tarot did it better :3

However, that's some arm strength for a mouse...
She does bench press paws. When they're not pressing on her, of course....
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

This is starting to seem like a one-sided relationship.

Also, phooey, I was hoping the next chapter would be starting today. Even if I am aware that the fun's gonna be over for a good while once we get into Housepets: DOOM Edition...
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

To be honest, when I saw the title "On The Fence" I was expecting to see those two cats leaning on the dance from all of those years ago...

I don't blame her, I'd want warm Joey cuddles at night too. Also at this point I'm starting to think that he may be her bed as well
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

She's putting her foot down

About him not putting his foot down
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Go and demand your cuddles Squeak!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cerfew, Joey!
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

Rick continues to defy logic and make every “sleep in the doghouse” joke gold.
GameCobra wrote:Peanut and Tarot did it better :3
This goes without saying though <3
Last edited by D-Rock on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: If your own post was the most recent and little time has passed, please use the Edit button.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

leinglo wrote:This is starting to seem like a one-sided relationship.
Nah. This is a Legit reason. Tarot and Peanut's showed signs of being one-sided when Tarot overreacted on the latter calling her 'Normal' and treating it like they were living together, while Joey and Squeak have been known to be living together since Joey's first Appearance in the Arc 'Cat Tail'. Not to mention that all Joey is getting is a pulled ear, followed by a 'Cuddle session'.
Leinglo wrote:Also, phooey, I was hoping the next chapter would be starting today. Even if I am aware that the fun's gonna be over for a good while once we get into Housepets: DOOM Edition...
Hmm. Well, that better be the case if Rick is holding off the Arc, because making it as run of the mill as the rest of the comic after That Cerberus Upgrade, will have problems!

Seriously, the gates of Hell opened up! That just tells us the Stakes have been ramped up Higher than every other arc before, since there was no fake Prophecy, or it being a problem caused by PETA or Thieves who tricked a Spirit into looting Treasure, or even an Arc where everything is normal. This is Hell Literally opening up!

Far as I can tell, the Celestial's mission has gone horribly wrong, and it's on the head of Breel and Great Kitsune. No matter how one tries to say 'Keene Made Him Sadie-Wadie', it's still inexcusable, especially since those who cry for Breel, would Condemn Keene for trying to fix a broken world, and Great Kitsune left such a potentially devastating threat on the mortal realm without any protections. This time, they'll have to Enter Hell itself to close the Portal... Or hold the Line to prevent Mortals from getting hurt.

And before anyone has a go at me for 'Defending the Miltons', I am not excusing Keene's behavior, or his siblings' either. Most of them come off as Karma Houdinis for causing much of the problems in the Arcs related to them. The only one who hasn't, was Lana, and that's because she rarely appears for major arcs and tries to stay out of trouble in many of her appearances.

Sorry for the long reply. I got caught up in a ramble, and I found it unsatisfactory when I finished the Second reply on 'Hell Literally Opening up'.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, I am also eager to get back to Hell but, hey, it's Rick's world and I can wait. Waiting is an invaluable life skill because it trains and prepares you for .... more ...... waiting.

I admit, John, I was moved by Breel's hurt ... but that said, you'd think a Celestial would be made of sterner metal. So I speculate that Breel's response ... the hurt, the wordless withdrawal, the tear that ripped open the hole to Hell ... moves us towards a grander insight and resolution. Or maybe not.

If the Celestial are gonna make a move, now's the time becoming. Now it's nice to see ol' Rufus after all these years (are the barn cats coming bsck, too?) but he's just been kinda there. The same for Summer and Spring. Truthfully, I've never warmed to them because I don't see them ( or their relationship to Fox) evolving anywhere interesting. And while Great Kitsune adheres to the Rule of Intrinsic Benevolence and all, there is a thin streak of unkindness in his mischievousness.

Keene is one of my favorite characters because he is so complex, an unblended stew of ideals, appetites, emotions, ambitions, and insecurities. He makes things happen and, as is often the case with powerful and not-so-powerful people in real life, learns and relearns the Rule of Unintended Consequences.

.... And that Rule lies behind the chemistry of how a pine martin tear, suitably tinctured, rips open Hades.

So, after all that, Squeak's probably " earned the right to mushy stuff".
Regards.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

John-056 wrote:
leinglo wrote:This is starting to seem like a one-sided relationship.
Nah. This is a Legit reason. Tarot and Peanut's showed signs of being one-sided when Tarot overreacted on the latter calling her 'Normal' and treating it like they were living together, while Joey and Squeak have been known to be living together since Joey's first Appearance in the Arc 'Cat Tail'. Not to mention that all Joey is getting is a pulled ear, followed by a 'Cuddle session'.
What I meant was that Squeak seems to be the only one that seems to get much of anything out of the relationship. There's not much she can really do for Joey beyond emotional support. Though, if that's all he needs out of it, more power to him I suppose.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eheh, so funny! :D I'm impressed by the small Squeak, she's so sassy. ;) Poor Joey... :P They aren't still married, but the female of the couple is already behaving like a wife against her partner... :lol: Well, indeed, the doghouse is your home. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Clearly, Squeak "wear a the pants" in this couple! Oh... Wait... This is Housepets!.... Nobody wears pants. Sorry.............
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Funny. We al think it's Lester to blame. We all like Dallas too much to blame him!
It's that sweet, fluffy, adorable, precious face of his and those soft blue eyes. Dallas is easily among the top 3 cutest Housepets characters IMO. So far, he's the only character to actually send me into an out-loud squeeing fit cause of his Valentine's Day card (Res came pretty close as well).

Lester tends to have more of a mean streak than Dallas whereas Dallas seems more playful with a slight passive-aggressive side to him.
Last edited by CanzetYote on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CanzetYote wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:Funny. We al think it's Lester to blame. We all like Dallas too much to blame him!
It's that sweet, fluffy, adorable, precious face of his and those soft blue eyes. Dallas is easily among the top 3 cutest Housepets characters IMO. So far, he's the character to actually send me into an out-loud squeeing fit cause of his Valentine's Day card (Res came pretty close as well).

Lester tends to have more of a mean streak than Dallas whereas Dallas seems more playful with a slight passive-aggressive side to him.
Plus he wears a full uniform when larping rather than a skull mask and a tiny loincloth.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
CanzetYote wrote:
It's that sweet, fluffy, adorable, precious face of his and those soft blue eyes. Dallas is easily among the top 3 cutest Housepets characters IMO. So far, he's the character to actually send me into an out-loud squeeing fit cause of his Valentine's Day card (Res came pretty close as well).

Plus he wears a full uniform when larping rather than a skull mask and a tiny loincloth.
He's a fluffy, adorable pupper in a Star Trek uniform. That being said, its nearly impossible to hate that adorkable fuzzball. Same can be said for Peanut, minus the Star Trek uniform.
Shadycat

Post by Shadycat »

What I meant was that Squeak seems to be the only one that seems to get much of anything out of the relationship. There's not much she can really do for Joey beyond emotional support. Though, if that's all he needs out of it, more power to him I suppose.
This statement merely represents a failure of imagination on your part.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joey is an awkward nerd so he's easy to take advantage of!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

He really is a very vulnerable little guy ... talented but vulnerable.