2018/01/17 - TPW

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
John-056

Re: 2018/01/17 - TPW

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:Of course Peanut is more stressed out by puppy-sitting. It's slice-of-life-slash-romantic-comedy about animals, not this fantasy multiverse nonsense.

Well, then WHY implement all this "Fantasy Multiverse Nonsense" when it's never taken Seriously!?

Before you ask, that was me channeling Yahtzee. I felt it was fitting.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:Well, then WHY implement all this "Fantasy Multiverse Nonsense" when it's never taken Seriously!?
Um, it's NOT all about Peanut.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Plus it's fun! :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Always a valid consideration in a comic strip....
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

As long as it doesn't feel out of place, it's fine. Sabrina in the Archie comics can't go one comic strip without magic messing up a date or trying to use magic to improve her life, but it's always status quo that it backfires on her since she's an apprentice witch. In the cases where the backfire is beneficial, it's never talked about again.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Silver_sound47

Post by Silver_sound47 »

Honestly, peanut is a born leader. i didn't mean successful, he's just good at convincing others to follow.
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Guys, guys! Is it allright if I give a nickname for the Forgotten in a personalized manner? Cause I have one HUGE nickname for this DEMON foe that just knocked an entire party of wannabes out.

I wanna call it Makuta Teridax, Ultra-Devil Demon Lord of Inferno, Kindom of Shadows.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I think I'll call it... Bob.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Vuk91 wrote:Guys, guys! Is it allright if I give a nickname for the Forgotten in a personalized manner? Cause I have one HUGE nickname for this DEMON foe that just knocked an entire party of wannabes out.

I wanna call it Makuta Teridax, Ultra-Devil Demon Lord of Inferno, Kindom of Shadows.
the name is kinda long....
what about calling it, let's see....
'Rick'? ;)
ImageImage
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

MX682XM wrote:
Vuk91 wrote:Guys, guys! Is it allright if I give a nickname for the Forgotten in a personalized manner? Cause I have one HUGE nickname for this DEMON foe that just knocked an entire party of wannabes out.

'Rick'? ;)
:o :lol:
That’s mean. :|
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Besides .... If you call it, it might come!!
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

MX682XM wrote:

'Rick'? ;)
What about 'Dissension'?

(banned)
Last edited by CyberDragon on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Alright, settle down.

Though I'm curious, any reference for that nickname, Vuk?
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Peanut is just the sweetest here :)
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:Well, then WHY implement all this "Fantasy Multiverse Nonsense" when it's never taken Seriously!?
Um, it's NOT all about Peanut.
I never said Peanut. I said the 'Fantasy Multiverse Nonsense Not being taken seriously' in General. Never Bought up Peanut there, so WHY say 'It's Not all about Peanut' when I didn't mention him in that comment by name or otherwise?

Hmm? :evil:
Silver_sound47 wrote:Honestly, Peanut is a born leader. I didn't mean successful, he's just good at convincing others to follow.
So in other words, he's Housepet's version of Jaune Arc from RWBY? Remind me not to follow him into a Cave then, ju~st in case there's a giant mutated Scorpion in there... Rad or otherwise.
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:I never said Peanut. I said the 'Fantasy Multiverse Nonsense Not being taken seriously' in General. Never Bought up Peanut there, so WHY say 'It's Not all about Peanut' when I didn't mention him in that comment by name or otherwise?
Because it's Peanut specifically who doesn't take the fantasy multiverse nonsense seriously. There is no "'Fantasy Multiverse Nonsense Not being taken seriously' in General." It's not a Thing.
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Argent wrote:
John-056 wrote:I never said Peanut. I said the 'Fantasy Multiverse Nonsense Not being taken seriously' in General. Never Bought up Peanut there, so WHY say 'It's Not all about Peanut' when I didn't mention him in that comment by name or otherwise?
Because it's Peanut specifically who doesn't take the fantasy multiverse nonsense seriously. There is no "'Fantasy Multiverse Nonsense Not being taken seriously' in General." It's not a Thing.
Well, neither were the K9U and the crooks who tricked the Aztec Spirit into helping them. The only time they were surprised, was when the boat was teleported into the room and almost flattened Terrance.

Then there's Maxwell and Grape in Gallifrax. The only reason Maxwell was whining, was because he had lost his ability to walk on two legs... And he kept getting boots to the head, but who wouldn't complain about the boots?

Then there's the nerds in this very Arc. While Squeak did get curious and Dallas passed it off as Holo-deck Tech, something that shouldn't exist at that time outside of magic, they were only really phased when Maxwell charged them. It wasn't the magic, it was the PERSON who got them phased, not his powers given by the temple.

Fido doesn't question magic, and only King and Fox are really phased in any way when it comes to magic.
Argent

Post by Argent »

John-056 wrote:Well, neither were the K9U and the crooks who tricked the Aztec Spirit into helping them. [...]
None of them have been through anywhere near as much weirdness as Peanut. Only King has come close. And they're all still definitely more fazed than Peanut.