2018/02/09 - Everybody’s Working For The Weekend

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/02/09 - Everybody’s Working For The Weekend

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/02/09 - Everybody’s Working For The Weekend]
Title Text: "torture", sharing the same root as the word "torte", hence there may be cake???

After seeing countless people come from various walks of life over the eons, you tend to notice certain patterns on new arrivals, it seems.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/02/09 - Everybody’s Working For The Weekend

Post by Saturn381 »

So Breel has to work a regular job then? :lol:
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

You mean to tell that there’s people who don’t enjoy their work? #sarcasm
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

the cake is a lie.
had to be said.

guess Breel's been put to work testing?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

“I like torture!”

Pushing the PG rating - IN YOUR MIND! :lol:

Nah, he probably just means newer History Channel shows.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm guessing it's going to be cubicle work rather than something like breaking rocks. Or maybe retail that could also work.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Never any cake in hell, merely the illusion
of a job done well and so rewarded.
A decision of the ruling classes;
that optimism can still be afforded.
Keene has no clue as to the pressures
of working day after day for coin;
if he did, then, the wailing masses
are surely a group that he would join.
His dino friend sticks with him,
an encumbrance beyond any doubt.
Don’t trust him at all, old Ferret,
he’ll turn on you once he gets out.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Douglas Collier

I wonder if Rick draws inspiration for that little demon from his more enthusiastic fans? :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Who wants to bet this creature is taking Keene to where people are put to work, not to find anyone, but to throw Keene in with them?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Oh no, Breel has to... WORK! :o
...again. :|
......he already had a job. :?

Demon (aka New Breel or Neel) wrote: I like torture!
*GASP* That means we could tickle him forever and he'd never try to break our arms or kick us in the gut! :o
ImageImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

IceKitsune wrote:I'm guessing it's going to be cubicle work rather than something like breaking rocks. Or maybe retail that could also work.
Working on the cash register at a broken rock store, you have to help customers who don't quite get it to break their rocks to standardized size, because if they're too big or too small you have to fill out SO many forms. In triplicate, without carbon paper.

Have you ever tried to glue undersized rocks back together with your tears?
leinglo wrote:Who wants to bet this creature is taking Keene to where people are put to work, not to find anyone, but to throw Keene in with them?
Yeh, I've seen that trick before. Niven averted it in Inferno when Corbett realized that it was suspiciously easy for him to get to the circle of betrayers after he tossed Benny into the pit of evil counselors. He had to play a nasty game of tic-tac-toe to get back and rescue him, as I recall.
Last edited by Argent on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Frank

Post by Frank »

Let them eat cake! But since they can only eat the cake that has been forgotten, it's all stale and dry

Come to think of it, that may be the perfect hell for a creative person: make an elaborate, highly-decorated, colorful cake, with the knowledge that no matter how good you make it, it won't be served until it's stale, dry, and colorless. Every day.

edit: ...Now I want to see Keene having to do that to get to Breel
Last edited by Frank on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Argent

Post by Argent »

Frank wrote:Let them eat cake! But since they can only eat the cake that has been forgotten, it's all stale and dry
Except the fruitcake. That's as good as new! *

* This is not a complete win.
MrParaduo

Post by MrParaduo »

Wonder if Purgatory will get represented, now that there's Hell n' stuff. :3
There are many words and phrases that can cause an experienced wizard to tremble in fear. Chief among them being "oops."
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Since infernal tortures are often based on the danker dimensions of the losts' character or earthly profession, perhaps Breel is doing the "twist-and-shout" version of massage therapy....

Sooooo... tall, dark, emaciated demon-deer, if not to Breel, where are we going? Are my torments going to begin with a turgid lecture on the class struggle? Little dinosaur, you're NOT helping here!!!

Have a good weekend or a better weekend as the case may be....
Frank

Post by Frank »

NHWestoN wrote:Since infernal tortures are often based on the danker dimensions of the losts' character or earthly profession, perhaps Breel is doing the "twist-and-shout" version of massage therapy....
I doubt that counts, especially since that was what he did in heaven, not Earth
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

T'was a passing thought. Figure we'll know eventually. Regards.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Yeah, give 'em some cake :lol:
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

"I like torture!"

That part made me laugh.
MrParaduo

Post by MrParaduo »

CanzetYote wrote:"I like torture!"

That part made me laugh.
Now I wanna see him on a torture rack like the Great Gonzo from the Muppets. xD
There are many words and phrases that can cause an experienced wizard to tremble in fear. Chief among them being "oops."
BasedDook

Post by BasedDook »

"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into heaven?"

Well we do have two camels back on Earth. Is this going to end with Keene having to push Thomas through the eye of a needle in order to escape hell?
Signed,
the very worst ferret butler in the world.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Oh no, working. The worst kind of torture :lol:
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:Oh no, working. The worst kind of torture :lol:
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Work, torture... The difference can be really thin, it depends... :? But, if Breel doesn't belong to that place, why he should have been captured and put to work? Eheheh, you can't understand the concept or working, Keene. :P Eudoant got that you're wealthy, you're so typical. ;) The little demon likes torture? Couldn't be otherwise. :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Who or what is a "Eudoant"? :?:
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

Lil' Hellspawn Minion is quickly becoming my new favorite character.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Liam

Post by Liam »

I love Eudoant's design, so otherworldly.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, Liam, he seems rather ethereal, handsome in his own way, and just a bit sinister ... probably befitting an Infernal official. Is he Cerberus's counterpart, I wonder?

...and, I gotta admit, Sinder, you gotta like a little charcoal imp who says "I like torture" with the same guilless delight of a child saying "I like ice cream". Then you get really, really, really creeped....
John-056

Post by John-056 »

Okay... This is getting confusing. It's already been shown that Keene does know what It's like to work. Sure, He somehow has the Luck of the Irish to keep many of his schemes from going under, but He still has to deal with balancing Funds and making up 'Safer' means of making more money without too many lawsuits jumping in, and in the one where he ends up in Heaven, he's shown being burned out after trying to fight in court to give Pets similar Rights to Humans.

Yes, he was Wealthy, Yes he was a bit of a Tail-Puller, and Yes, he was known for doing daft things with his funds, but that didn't mean he hasn't endured the Hell of Office Work and the Like. I mean, he was shown at the end of the First Temple Crashers to be trying to balance Paperwork and was talking to a researcher in a previous panel, which meant that Keene was trying to find the best way to balance the funds without bankrupting his family.

Frankly at this point, The real villain may actually Have been Mr Steward for pushing Keene into starting this Temple Crasher story in The First place. I mean, he cut the funds required for Keene to push for animal rights, so that he can Have Thomas Milton raid the temple for gold and to likely get a cut of the treasure.

At this point, The Itching Terror Ivy he hid in would be too good a punishment for that Tail-Puller, since if Keene gives up what his Father wanted to see of Pets after dealing with literal Hell, it will mean that he'd end up spitting on his father's legacy in trying to ensure no pet suffers what he went through in Hell, or Have to make The Sadistic Choice between keeping his father's legacy alive at The risk of Sacrificing Pet Happiness, or abandon his Father's Legacy to ensure Pets won't be used as Cheap Labour.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

There's a bit more to what Eudoant is saying. The rich can afford to do work that is meaningful and life-fulfilling, while the poor often don't have that luxury. Keene assumes that all work is positive in some way, but that's not always the case. Sometimes it's there simply to keep one surviving (and sometimes it can't even accomplish that).
John-056

Post by John-056 »

I suppose, but it could still scare him into choosing his Father's Dream over potientually ruining pet lives and making them live far harder lives than before.

I mean, it took years for humans to have a degree of Reasonable Work Rights, even with our laws, and every now and then, we find a company, or even Goverments, have been making up ways to skirt around those laws to make more money at the expense of the workers.

Pets would be too easy to be tricked into Hellish Jobs that would make them work hard Labour with low pay. Hek, Tasu-... The Tanuki Engineer, I forgot his name, showed how he basically lived in a Broom Closet piror to being hired by Earl Sandwich, and that is without The equal rights laws for pets.

The laws would basically mean that Pets would have to work in Jobs. The K9-ers would have no real problem, since as Fido's debt comic showed, a pet had to be rather disciplined to even be a Cop, but those like Tiger, whose anger issues from being The butt of many a joke would make him too unstable for proper Jobs of any sort, or those like "Four Finger Discount" Jack, whose disabilities, and in future, his criminal record would make it difficult to find a Job, or Sasha, whose issues may surface in disturbing ways, or Peanut, whom I notice hasn't really worked a day on anything other than drawing, being cute and Daydreaming... Which is a lot of Pets, and not just Peanut.

Sure, The new law can help with The contreversal situtations, Such as Sasha being treated other than a means to get her Owner a chance to 'Snuggle' with a lady, but with what's to come and all The talks of what's likely to be a repeat of Karishad Tricking Keene into being trapped in The Zoo, Eudoant may pull off his own Version of it, only with darker intentions, that would in turn scare Keene into likely giving up his Father's Dream.

Not saying Eudoant is evil, but if I remember the age old saying, 'The Path to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions', Eudoant's next set of actions may risk Breaking Keene Milton and causing more problems down the line.

Funny how when I look further back, had Mr Steward not made that Plan to effectively try and rob the Miltons alongside Thomas, Keene would not have Started Temple Crashers part II, Tarot would not have had to make all those rash actions, Breel would have not Dun Goofed, the Celestials minus Breel would not have to be The Load, since that's what they were throughout Temple Crashers II, and frankly, Tarot would not have had to Drain the Mana Pool, which makes me wonder where it goes.

I hope not the Celestials, since they have done nothing to Help throughout the arc other than being a Background Event or just being Utterly Useless other than to stand by and not lift a finger to Help in anyway other than to be exposition. Frankly, I would find it interesting if when Tarot starts draining the Pool, she would end up Overloading from Mana Absorption, with all The glowing cracks and screams of pain, and Peanut, as Puzzle Master, would quickly figure out that The Mana has to be Split, thus basically having Tarot channel the Mana into every mortal present in the room as well as herself, thus preventing Tarot from Dying, while likely derailing what Great Kitsune was intending to do with The Mana.

I mean, as much as one would go on about GK being a Great Good, a Great Good wouldn't leave something as dangerous as Pete's Temple, with the Mana Pool, still active unless he has reasons that lean on Black and Grey Morality. I mean, he was the Game Master. Couldn't he have disabled the Mana Pool with his powers, or made it inaccessable by collapsing the lowest lift shaft? He did none of those things, meaning he has something planned with the Mana, which the least being to add to his powers, or to use it in a Future Faustian Deal to troll mortals.

I mean, unless he plans on having all the Mortals present in the Room to gain Mana Based Powers, I don't see what he could even want with this convuluted Plan we know nothing of.
On the next... Wire in the Blood...
HSDVGDGFWGFWHGVMBHGWY*Ded*
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Well, I don't think Eudoant has any intentions to make Keene think one way or another on any particular matter. He's just pointing out that based on what Keene said, he can easily draw the conclusion that Keene is rich. He seems under the impression that Keene is (like all the others in Pandemonium) there to stay.

I don't think pet equality laws would mandate that animals get jobs. Even in our world there are homeless people, people who live in communes, and people who live as dependents of other people. The laws would simply be trying to create a society in which pets are not discriminated against in cases where they wanted to get a job (and do other things that humans do). And while exploitation of animals would certainly be an issue, that's no reason to not push for equality now and fight that battle next. (Plus such exploitation probably already exists. Equality would enable animals to have better standing to fight against such practices).

As far as the mana goes, it was created for the purpose of the U&U game. The only reason the celestials have ever been limited on Earth is because they agree to the game rules. It's not like Kitsune needs it in order to do whatever he wants, as he's not bound to those rules (cause the game is over). He's just there to make sure a universe exploding event doesn't occur (and throw some choice snarky wisdom as the opportunity presents itself).
Argent

Post by Argent »

He doesn't really need the mana. They already have the cursed gold (that may be the missing Milton billions, in which case the ferrets already own it) that turns humans into animals. What more do you need to make humans and animals equal?
Douglas Collier

Argent wrote:He doesn't really need the mana. They already have the cursed gold (that may be the missing Milton billions, in which case the ferrets already own it) that turns humans into animals. What more do you need to make humans and animals equal?
Heh, I could just imagine Keene taking that gold, grinding it to dust, and distributing it throughout the country on Christmas as a gift to all humans.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Douglas Collier wrote:
Argent wrote:He doesn't really need the mana. They already have the cursed gold (that may be the missing Milton billions, in which case the ferrets already own it) that turns humans into animals. What more do you need to make humans and animals equal?
Heh, I could just imagine Keene taking that gold, grinding it to dust, and distributing it throughout the country on Christmas as a gift to all humans.
"A gift from the Milton Ferrets, the missing Milton Billions are being given out to every family in the USA! Don't open until Christmas!"

Of course someone would open one early and spoil the surprise.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

NHWestoN wrote:Who or what is a "Eudoant"? :?:
Mister Big Demon-Deer-Thing leading Keene.
If a human becomes an animal upon trying to remove the gold from the chamber, does an animal (who is not one under the curse's effect) become a human?
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Naro Rivers wrote:If a human becomes an animal upon trying to remove the gold from the chamber, does an animal (who is not one under the curse's effect) become a human?
Don't think it's reflexive... that would violate the "no human hands" clause.

CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

Liam wrote:I love Eudoant's design, so otherworldly.
It reminds me of a sergal.
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

NHWestoN wrote:Who or what is a "Eudoant"? :?:
*points to the profile picture*
I've choosen that one for a reason, you know. You live easier when you follow that mentality.
ImageImage
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Prudent, MX. I was just wondering if the name "Eudoant" came from some particular reference. Maybe it's in the pronunciation....."eyou..dowant". As in "No, you don't get outta here!!!!"