2018/03/16 - Camel Case

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Dissension

2018/03/16 - Camel Case

Post by Dissension »

[ Camel Case ]

Title Text: also, OW??

Well, I guess he's just a camel forever, whoops.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Saturn381

Re: 2018/03/16 - Camel Case

Post by Saturn381 »

Looks like he's going to stay a camel. :lol:
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Goodbye last hope of becoming human again.
:mrgreen:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Did I forget about these two? Maybe. Maybe not. But yes
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Yeah, I didn't think he was going to get out of that.

At least now there are pets in the area that will believe him.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Alright, taking bets his attitude will never change.

Also ~ how long do you think you're going to take reading that? :|
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

At least we know they are alive and have not been forgotten, I kind of hope he can find a 'cure' or else we will have something like King, except with hooves.
Allons-y
Arel_Grim

Post by Arel_Grim »

He goes another King story line
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

I totally want to be cursed into being a talking animal... Can I pick the animal at least?
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I’m still hoping for a new couple at the zoo. ;3 Thomas might find he likes having all his needs met, not having any responsibilities, and having a gal who likes him.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I wanna believe it took him that entire time just to try and figure out how to keep the paper from rolling up with both his hooves :lol:

On the upside, at least it won't roll up anymore! By the time he manages to shovel his way down with either a mouth shovel or his bare hooves those instructions will be as flat as new!... or pounded into dust!
ImageImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Rikunda wrote:I totally want to be cursed into being a talking animal... Can I pick the animal at least?
so far we've had it happen to two living people. neither one got the choice. so probably not.
so you're gonna have to become whatever animal it gives you, live your life as that, then get into heaven with the more lenient rules and choose what animal you are there.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

I doubt he stays a camel forever. I would guess he becomes a human again as soon as the temple diappears/collapses.
This makes me think of Zach and the opener of ways religion and what they will think about what happend to the the temple.
ImageImage
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Time for a Camel cameo now
as we catch up on the fool.
Trying to cheat his way out.
Still thinking that he’s cool.
Sofia deserves much better
than this ex-human lout.
She’ll risk herself for him;
fighting hard to get him out.
He blames her for his fault.
It’s not his mistake at all.
Her we all want to get out.
Him? Well, it’s a close call.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Thomas should look on the bright side, he's got a ready and willing girlfriend as a camel.

Assuming they can get out in time.

Cue the Metroid Escape Music!
Argent

Post by Argent »

So all the cursed gold gets buried.

Until Thomas gets to Keene, tells him about it, and excavation starts - Keene gets the gold, Thomas gets any scrolls.

(of course Thomas tries to cheat and wacky hijinks ensue)
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
mrwhite

Post by mrwhite »

the camel is saying we need to get out of here
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Rikunda wrote:I totally want to be cursed into being a talking animal... Can I pick the animal at least?
so far we've had it happen to two living people. neither one got the choice. so probably not.
so you're gonna have to become whatever animal it gives you, live your life as that, then get into heaven with the more lenient rules and choose what animal you are there.
There is a pattern though. Joel was abducting dogs and was turned into one so he could walk a mile in their paws and found a better life for it. Well, that and jail time awaits his human form. Thomas was being a jerk to Sophie and was turned into a camel.

So if you want the Celestials to turn you into the animal of your choice you need to get their attention by being bad to that type of animal. Not a good way, especially since you wouldn't want or like to do that so there'd be no mindset to be altered.

So yeah, being changed in Heaven seems the most likely option
bjchan95

Post by bjchan95 »

This entire arc will be worth it if we get a King-esque arc about Thomas adjusting to camel life
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sophie must REEEEEEALLY care about Thomas .... Having a live camel tail in your mouth is probably not a gourmet delight!
Frank

Post by Frank »

I actually feel bad for him
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oh, right, Sofia and Thomas are still in the temple. :P Looks like the temple is going to collapse... Better save yourself, Thomas, doesn't matter if in camel or human form. ;) Phew, that could kill you! The decryption of the scrolls was taking too much time, I guess you're remain a camel, Thomas... :roll:
IronLucario2012

Post by IronLucario2012 »

I can guess the gist of it ("Come on, we need to go!") but for those of us who don't speak Arabic, what's Sophia actually saying there?
Zesortinge

Post by Zesortinge »

I tried Google Translate, and while it is not completely accurate in its function, it has enough for me to say that the text is at least close to "We have to get out of here!".
I have ideas and I occasionally put them down.
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

Arel_Grim wrote:He goes another King story line
That's what I actually hope for. I'm a big fan of Humans turned animals and then they have to learn about their new life,
fluxthelycanroc

Post by fluxthelycanroc »

just wanted to say that must hurt being dragged by your tail.oh the indignity....other than being transformed into a camel in the first place
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, tails are not handles....
Arel_Grim

Post by Arel_Grim »

Bullet wrote:
Arel_Grim wrote:He goes another King story line
That's what I actually hope for. I'm a big fan of Humans turned animals and then they have to learn about their new life,
yeah me too :lol:
Vuk91

Post by Vuk91 »

Well, the greedy man was once again punished, and oh Mata-Nui, did He get a familiar punishment! Now that makes Me wish I was in the Housepets universe, being punished to live as a talking animal for some bad thing I may do there.

Now I have some questions that this story arc suddenly sparked in Me.

- Just how elaborate this entire thing is?

From what I can remember, we got the game of Pete and Dragon that has lasted for many millennia, as We have seen in multiple story arcs, and Pete made a deal with none other than the Miltons, bothh Mr. Milton, who literally managed to move that temple from it's original location to where it is now (Babylon Gardens), from where Pete managed to manipulate events, starting with Grape, whose dreams led Her to the location of the temple, the same one Mr. Milton moved. From this point, multiple features of the Housepets story connects: Peanut and Grape are at least involved in some way (Peanut's currently Tarot's Boyfriend, and Grape's dreams), the Miltons with their goal to lift animals to equality with humans, King's entire story arc from his involvement in the game to his love life with Bailey, and that may just be the cherry on top of the cake. Even Fido and Sabrina got somewhat of a connection, mainly Sabrina, being the aprentice of Tarot, while Fido so far had His story arc with Sabrina somewhat conclude when He publicly admitted to be Sabrina's boyfriend to save Her from marriage with a pretty bad tempered prince, whom, by the way, was another of Milton's Equality project cases. (By the way, I wonder if Fido's love for Sabrina made any girls crushing on Fido really really sad. Also, where is Fido nowadays? I haven't seen him since 2015 in "My Baby She Wrote Me a Letter" ).

- Was the Forgotten realm (Inferno) something Pete knew about? Did anyone actually know about the underworld before this? And does it have a role in either Pete's or any third party's plans?
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

Vuk91 wrote:Well, the greedy man was once again punished, and oh Mata-Nui, did He get a familiar punishment! Now that makes Me wish I was in the Housepets universe, being punished to live as a talking animal for some bad thing I may do there.

Now I have some questions that this story arc suddenly sparked in Me.

- Just how elaborate this entire thing is?
Personally I doubt Rick planned everything in detail, he had just a rough story line he worked through. Thinking about it, the supernatural and/or heaven part makes explaining things easier or changing the plot line. For me, there were so many questionable moments in the comic that I stopped asking questions.

Vuk91 wrote: - Was the Forgotten realm (Inferno) something Pete knew about? Did anyone actually know about the underworld before this? And does it have a role in either Pete's or any third party's plans?
For me, it looked like Breel was aware of what the Forgotten is or was when he first saw him. Furthermore, when Keene asked Ceberus if she isn't supposed to guard hell, she says, that she got a promotion, thus saying, that hell exists. I guess everyone knows about hell in heaven.
ImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

MX682XM wrote:Furthermore, when Keene asked Ceberus if she isn't supposed to guard hell, she says, that she got a promotion, thus saying, that hell exists. I guess everyone knows about hell in heaven.
Everything is a thing:

Hmm. Aurgelmir's return is kind of bad news:
Aurgelmir, also called Ymir, in Norse mythology, the first being, a giant who was created from the drops of water that formed when the ice of Niflheim met the heat of Muspelheim. Aurgelmir was the father of all the giants; a male and a female grew under his arm, and his legs produced a six-headed son. A cow, Audumla, nourished him with her milk. Audumla was herself nourished by licking salty, rime-covered stones. She licked the stones into the shape of a man; this was Buri, who became the grandfather of the great god Odin and his brothers. These gods later killed Aurgelmir, and the flow of his blood drowned all but one frost giant. The three gods put Aurgelmir’s body in the void, Ginnungagap, and fashioned the earth from his flesh, the seas from his blood, mountains from his bones, stones from his teeth, the sky from his skull, and clouds from his brain. Four dwarfs held up his skull. His eyelashes (or eyebrows) became the fence surrounding Midgard, or Middle Earth, the home of mankind.
Old news, I know. Must be a different Aurgelmir. Probably a common Frost Giant name.
Last edited by D-Rock on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: If your own post was the most recent and little time has passed, please use the Edit button.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Anyone know what the camel is saying? Theirs no translation and i don't speak Arabic XD
Image Image
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

No clue I'm guessing something along "FLY YOU FOOL!"
Allons-y
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Adoring Fan wrote:Anyone know what the camel is saying? Theirs no translation and i don't speak Arabic XD
TheSilverFox51 wrote:No clue I'm guessing something along "FLY YOU FOOL!"
Your fellow fans were kind enough to provide translations earlier in the thread.
mrwhite wrote:the camel is saying we need to get out of here

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

So I was pretty close right?
Allons-y
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Pret'much NAILED it!