2018/03/19 - Love Will Set You Free

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
deep winter

Re: 2018/03/19 - Love Will Set You Free

Post by deep winter »

Will love or truth set us free? That is the question.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

deep winter wrote:Will love or truth set us free? That is the question.
Either one is good, I think
Allons-y
Xiivi

Post by Xiivi »

a
Last edited by Xiivi on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

Xiivi wrote:Now I just need Great Kitsune to be gay and I’m all set.
Same. And Cerberus pan.
Last edited by vulpinator on Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

vulpinator wrote:
Same. And Cerberus pan.
Aaaand, this is what some people we're worried about.
Allons-y
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

They shouldn't be. Fans will always have opinions and that's cool! :3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Dissension wrote:They shouldn't be. Fans will always have opinions and that's cool! :3
I get that, but I'm gonna have to disagree with them. I'd like to discuss the different opinions, I dont want to be the guy who has his opinions set in stone.
Allons-y
Internaldialogue

Post by Internaldialogue »

Fair reminder that this, http://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/201 ... sel-words/ was the second strip with Breel in it. I've been expecting/hoping for this since the 4th panel.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:
Dissension wrote:They shouldn't be. Fans will always have opinions and that's cool! :3
I get that, but I'm gonna have to disagree with them. I'd like to discuss the different opinions, I dont want to be the guy who has his opinions set in stone.
gonna go ahead and agree that GK being gay isn't necessary.
but Cerb being "pan" in that each of her heads has a different orientation? I definitely need that for comedy's sake.

though neither is likely to happen cause they aren't likely to have arcs around them and just using the cerb thing as a joke would maybe be a bit insensitive?
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
NiftyNoibeat

Post by NiftyNoibeat »

I KNEW IT, I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN (well not exactly but close enough)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Some of the celestials - like Great Kitsune - seem infinitely malleable, and may well put gender off and on like a suit of clothes. Or not bother, when playing tricks on mortals (benevolently, more or less) is more fun. The whole category may not apply.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

:roll: didn’t know people were going to react this way towards my comment. Y’all do realize there hasn’t been any female representation for same-sex attraction (at least as far as I recall). Just thought it would have been nice, not necessary.

Went back and edited the other comment to include the strikethrough. Didn’t initially include it because I felt that didn’t sport the sentiment I was.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

vulpinator wrote::roll: didn’t know people were going to react this way towards my comment. Y’all do realize there hasn’t been any female representation for same-sex attraction (at least as far as I recall). Just thought it would have been nice, not necessary.

Went back and edited the other comment to include the strikethrough. Didn’t initially include it because I felt that didn’t sport the sentiment I was.
You never know - the farm cats could be all a bunch of same sex teasers who like to mess with boys =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

vulpinator wrote::roll: didn’t know people were going to react this way towards my comment. Y’all do realize there hasn’t been any female representation for same-sex attraction (at least as far as I recall). Just thought it would have been nice, not necessary.

Well, it wasn't "people" who reacted that way, it was me, I apologize. I probably over-reacted, but I'm not sure Gods/demigods can have orientation, they just be with whoever they want.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
TheSilverFox51 wrote:
gonna go ahead and agree that GK being gay isn't necessary.
but Cerb being "pan" in that each of her heads has a different orientation? I definitely need that for comedy's sake.

though neither is likely to happen cause they aren't likely to have arcs around them and just using the cerb thing as a joke would maybe be a bit insensitive?
I could see that, it could be funny, I suppose, but also kind of weird.
Last edited by D-Rock on Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mod Edit: If your own post was the most recent and little time has passed, please use the Edit button.
Allons-y
Xiivi

Post by Xiivi »

a
schradieck

Post by schradieck »

finally started reading this again after half a year, could not be happier,

(except that i now need to wait for new pages)
Not lonely anymore,

But do still feel free to talk to me
Yamitora1

Post by Yamitora1 »

So, my question is... did Keene have romantic feelings for Breel before or after the kiss? It seems that kiss did more than just break the bonds but opened something within Keene.

Also for Mungo x Fox discussion, although I do see Mungo as easily being somewhere between Bi, Pan, Omni &/or Fluid, I think Fox is pretty much Hetero who is just ok with another guy licking him affectionately and won't freak out. Besides you don't have to be in a relationship to have a fulfilling relationship with someone. Friendship could be just as fulfilling as romance in a relationship if you enjoy the company of the person enough.
vulpinator

Post by vulpinator »

Okay, it’s cool. And I understand the being-celestial logic, being everywhere all the time an’all that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Breel had an attraction to Keene from their first encounter, and that concurrent always seemed to be there. For Keene, who's kind of an uptight guy, it's been a voyage of self-discovery...a condition all of Rick's menagerie are in to varying degrees over the years. Remember as the threads that emerged with discovery that Grape was a girl?

...and his gang are a physically affectionate bunch as we've seen repeatedly. A hug, a cuddle, a smooch, a cat tail drawn provocatively across a history's cheek, a clumsy attempt at comfort, all these gestures of affection and concern are not necessarily hints of deeper desires. Or if they are, they are subordinated to friendship. These characters...despite frustrations, lunacies, plots, hurts, and frictions...do care about each other. That's part of their charms....

Celestial date. Pete and Cerberus dated, and Heavenly beings express affection. GKitsune does strike me as androgynous in behavior, and we know Celestials shape-shift in both physical size and in form. The Greek gods did this, too. How about the Internals? (likely not).

Regards.
Yamitora1

Post by Yamitora1 »

NHWestoN wrote:Breel had an attraction to Keene from their first encounter, and that concurrent always seemed to be there. For Keene, who's kind of an uptight guy, it's been a voyage of self-discovery...a condition all of Rick's menagerie are in to varying degrees over the years. Remember as the threads that emerged with discovery that Grape was a girl?

...and his gang are a physically affectionate bunch as we've seen repeatedly. A hug, a cuddle, a smooch, a cat tail drawn provocatively across a history's cheek, a clumsy attempt at comfort, all these gestures of affection and concern are not necessarily hints of deeper desires. Or if they are, they are subordinated to friendship. These characters...despite frustrations, lunacies, plots, hurts, and frictions...do care about each other. That's part of their charms....

Celestial date. Pete and Cerberus dated, and Heavenly beings express affection. GKitsune does strike me as androgynous in behavior, and we know Celestials shape-shift in both physical size and in form. The Greek gods did this, too. How about the Internals? (likely not).

Regards.
re-rereading the comics from almost 2 years ago where Breel first appeared, it looks like Keene was pretty ok with Breel hanging onto him, so looks like he liked Breel from the start.
Argent

Post by Argent »

That's not conclusive, it's inconceivable that anyone could refuse hugs from a pine marten. It would be like punching Santa in the face.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
jonas

Post by jonas »

vulpinator wrote:
Same. And Cerberus pan.
And also polyamorous. Because extra heads.

...kidding! I'm just kidding!
Xiivi

Post by Xiivi »

a
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Argent,
Agreed!
(Same goes for Sasha...)
NHWestoN
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Argent wrote:That's not conclusive, it's inconceivable that anyone could refuse hugs from a pine marten. It would be like punching Santa in the face.
Spot (Superdog) punched Santa...
Allons-y
LDDestroier

Post by LDDestroier »

Any doubts of the intention of this comic have just been dashed away.

...touching scene, though.
Here's my ComputerCraft profile: http://www.computercraft.info/forums2/i ... destroier/
My Discord is @LDDestroier#2901 if you feel like bothering me.
(Why am I the only one around that plays mega man battle network, it's fun...)
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

with the words of "The Forgotten": Zenir has not forgotten what GBR23 said. Looks like he called it! :shock:
months and months of arc were worth this moment: once again, handsome breel saves the day! <3 (also, love, yes)
but still... he's kinda dead. I hope we will still see this 3 characters when the arc is over...
Attachments
Screenshot-2018-3-20 Housepets - View topic - 2018 01 19 - Forget You.png
Screenshot-2018-3-20 Housepets - View topic - 2018 01 19 - Forget You.png (100.8 KiB) Viewed 14460 times
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

....and we haven't seen the last of Eudoant, either.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Awwwww, so cuuuuute. <3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

NHWestoN wrote:....and we haven't seen the last of Eudoant, either.
Dang, I didn't think of that
Allons-y
ThreeEightNine

Post by ThreeEightNine »

LDDestroier wrote:Any doubts of the intention of this comic have just been dashed away.

...touching scene, though.
What do you mean? What intentions?
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

As a note, perhaps, maybe rambly as I am p tired from Furnal Equinox right now

My personal ideas about how the comic should attend to same-sex couple representation should be, to anyone who's been keeping up, quite obviously shifted over the years as I changed my own personal stances; when it began I was kinda a more flustered person who had no idea if certain things like same-sex couples would be entirely appropriate in something termed family-friendly, and back in 2008 or so it kinda felt like that might be the case even if I personally kinda really wanted there to be. It's kinda hard to describe what I felt like back then, specifically having an impasse between what I felt was correct (people being able to love whoever, partly because I'm kinda agnostic about peoples' genders?) and what I was told was correct. I eventually decided to tear down that wall when I decided that I believed the former far more than the latter.

But the comic still had a bit of inertia to it given I'd already established yea much about all the characters, and many of them were pretty committedly in heterosexual relationships, so I was trying to figure out some ways to introduce non-het couples into the comic in ways people would be more likely to enjoy, especially if I could use characters I already had; when I came up with the idea of Keene going to heaven and having this Breel character show up I was like "huh, they seem pretty cute, I'm gonna build on this; Keene could easily be gay anyhow since he's never shown attraction to anyone yet"

But for anyone wondering if this is necessarily gonna launch into preachiness I'd like to ask you to have a little more faith in me, though only because I kinda haaaate doing things like this where I have to talk at length about why things should be such-and-so rather than just demonstrating it; I am telling a story after all, not an essay.

Anyway to pay this off I should point out that I haven't seen anyone guess the pun in Breel's name.

He's in heaven. He's gay. he is Gay Breel. Gabriel. Get it??

I'll go now
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

rickgriffin wrote:Anyway to pay this off I should point out that I haven't seen anyone guess the pun in Breel's name.

How did I not catch that? :lol:
Last edited by Saturn381 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

rickgriffin wrote:Anyway to pay this off I should point out that I haven't seen anyone guess the pun in Breel's name.

*writhing on the floor* Why, Rick?!? WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?!? *dies*
Leomon2004

Post by Leomon2004 »

TeflonCougar wrote:
maybe a timeshare. he stays in heaven for a month of the year then works for the rest of it.
Like Hades and Persephone?

Also, is it me, or does that demon look a lot like the little black dinosaur thing that appears when you have no internet connection? Image

Denial of Internet does seem like a demon thing to do!
There is a pet adoptable website I go to called ClickCritters and they have an adopt called Data Demon. You can paint the Data Demon however you want. Ignoring the colors I gave it it seems very similar to the little demon following Keene.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

rickgriffin wrote: Anyway to pay this off I should point out that I haven't seen anyone guess the pun in Breel's name.

I'll go now
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (451.36 KiB) Viewed 14392 times
I am horrendously frustrated by the fact that I didn't catch that. :x
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

D-Rock wrote:
rickgriffin wrote: Anyway to pay this off I should point out that I haven't seen anyone guess the pun in Breel's name.

I'll go now
giphy.gif
I am horrendously frustrated by the fact that I didn't catch that. :x
By the looks of things, no one else caught it either. :lol:
Allons-y
cuteycindyhoney

Post by cuteycindyhoney »

That was simply lovely.
The animated signature I've used for years is too big for this forum! When I get time, I'll have to deconstruct it and make it smaller!
MX682XM

Post by MX682XM »

rickgriffin wrote:
Anyway to pay this off I should point out that I haven't seen anyone guess the pun in Breel's name.

I'll go now
you should visit the Forgotten Rick...
just kidding. (I admire and hate good punners at the same time, nothing personal)That puns isreally good. Especially because this pun has been started two years ago....
Last edited by MX682XM on Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I'll go now
I hate you but also admire your long game. good show.
(but also i don't really hate you)
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets