2018/03/23 - The Send Off

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
NHWestoN

Re: 2018/03/23 - The Send Off

Post by NHWestoN »

He does like torture, though.... Well, everyone needs a hobby.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

IIRC, the way he said that implies more that he likes receiving rather than inflicting. Which......to each his own I suppose.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hmmmm........ another expression of desire comes forth in BGardens..... S & M? Naaaaa...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

so, equal parts Affably Evil and Harmless Villain?
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

....with a heavy dash of reptilian cuteness and terse infernal wit. Wonder if he'll continue to refer to Keene as "daddy?"
Ryusuta

Post by Ryusuta »

Buster wrote:so, equal parts Affably Evil and Harmless Villain?
Oh god, don't send me back down the TVtropes black hole. That site is too easy to get lost in for hours, dood. XD
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

Leomon2004 wrote:I just realised the little demon they brought back kind of looks like a Trapinch.
Could this mean it was all a Trap?(inch)
on a serious note, it would be awesome if the little demon was revealed to actually be the greatest evil ever unleashed on Earth! ^^
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Soerix wrote:To hell (no pun intended) with that contract! The Demon said he loves torture! Leave him there!
Who knows what he could do on Earth... :?
NHWestoN wrote:He does like torture, though.... Well, everyone needs a hobby.
Bandit1990 wrote:IIRC, the way he said that implies more that he likes receiving rather than inflicting. Which......to each his own I suppose.
ImageImageImageImage
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Wicked!! (As they say in New England....)
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Ryusuta wrote:
Soerix wrote:Wait a minute... Keene has fulfilled his obligation: he has taken the Demon to Earth!
So now, nothing prevents him from sending the Demon back to hell! :mrgreen:
That's a little cruel, wouldn't you say? Yes, he's a demon and yes he acts oddly, but he's literally done nothing but HELP Keene the entire time. Look at it this way: if the Celestial Nerds are anything to go off of, beings residing Heaven in this universe aren't necessarily all good, so He- err... Pandemonium's occupants aren't necessarily all evil, either.

Yes, the demon is a bit weird and yes, it's possible that he could betray Keene, but no one knows his full story or why he's even there. For all we know he could have just been BORN there. We've established that the people in these places aren't just people who have died, but also demigods and supernatural beings.

There's something to be said for not judging a book by its cover, dood. Unless the demon does something to honestly show he doesn't deserve a chance, then I say 100% that he does. And not just because I love the character (though I clearly do). Because if Keene turns around and betrays someone that has only been a friend to him simply because that friend MIGHT betray him or put others in danger, then the true betrayer becomes Keene himself, not the demon.
True, dood. Don't judge a book by its cover.
However, the Demon has asked Keene two or three times to take him to Earth. Such insistence indicates that he's more likely to have helped Keene only to go to Earth and make trouble (since he openly said liking torture and had a more than ominous look on his face when the contract was "sealed"). So, you may understand one can be worried and cautious about him, with all the signs. And his dangerous licking. :?
But I find him so cute that I do hope I'm wrong. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, Soerix, you're point is cruel but ... in the context of the deal ... you're right! Nothing really implies an obligation on Keene's part to let the little allosaur-demon stay.

However, that begs the question, how do you send him back? The portal is closed. Do Internals get to come to earth just as Celestial do ... it seems not. And Keene is probably going to play "daddy" to the little rascal for a while either because (a) how can I profit from having a demon on the payroll or (b) if I send him back, oh no, more moral guilt, angst, and self examination and I'm turning into King/Joel and what's Breel gonna think and.....well, you get it.

Besides, Ryusutu's right ... He's a cute little stinker and I gotta see what happens when he meets Karishad!!!
Regards.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Doubting someone is, in a way, trying to know more about that someone. But with the powers the Demon may have, the simple fact of giving him a chance to stay may be too dangerous, giving him an opportunity to attack someone (if he truly is evil).
It's all about the protection of Keene and co., and the world at large. I'm just being cautious in the context of what I know about him. Am I really being "cruel" for this? :?
And once again, I did say that I found him adorable and hoped he was trustworthy.

And at the point of this strip, the portal isn't yet closed. I'm just saying what I would've done at that specific point, which is prioritize safety for people on Earth (due to the complete lack of proof that the Demon staying on Earth is indeed safe).
But indeed, Karishad could inspire him to be kind-hearted and form a nice, pranking duo!