2018/03/30 - Goodbye

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
TeflonCougar

Re: 2018/03/30 - Goodbye

Post by TeflonCougar »

Also, Angels, please. I know you have an excuse this time but why must you be so powerless in this arc? At least Breel had a good reason for being weakened! He actually tried to defend himself a bit from The Forgotten and was fully IN hell for an extended period of time! :lol:

Welp, that leaves the Camels and Kitsune, and all things considered that's really only a 25% chance of actually getting out cause for some reason I don't feel like the Camels will be much help :P [/color]

I still have to wonder about Sophia.

She is wearing the bridle. Dallas' earpiece counted as head gear, so why wouldn't the bridle? It is on, and around, her head.

But what powers could that give?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, like CHAOKO, I'm a little puzzled about what occurrence has rendered the the Celestials so completely powerless...although they've been entirely decorative in this adventure. Tell me again why they were accompanying the mortals. Now, I admit, I've never been a fan of Spring and Summer, but Rufus and even Breel have yet to earn their cheese sandwiches.

Sophie's bridle as a power vector...how would that work? That's intriguing...wouldn't she need to know it had power and then how to focus it? ("Were-camel"? "Ninja-dromedary"? Puzzle-master llama? Yeah, why not?)

....And Kitsune will be his usual smarty-pants self. Oh, right. No pants...
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Well from breels example their sole purpose seems to have been stopping people from using mana rashly. Something they failed spectacularly at, and given they've demonstrated no actually powers, beyond breels physical strength, I question the assumption they ever had any to begin with.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote:Puzzle-master llama? Yeah, why not?)
Llamageddon. Alpacalypse.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

What does the pink husky angel mean by "We were all too close to the other place"?
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Soerix wrote:What does the pink husky angel mean by "We were all too close to the other place"?
Too close to Hell for their Heavenly powers to work right. Since they are essentially opposites one could possibly cancel the other out, but the hell spawn have the home turf advantage and are connected to their normal power base. The Celestials are far from home and the base of their power and are weakened because of it.
Sophie's bridle as a power vector...how would that work? That's intriguing...wouldn't she need to know it had power and then how to focus it? ("Were-camel"? "Ninja-dromedary"? Puzzle-master llama? Yeah, why not?)
I think she does know. Back before she and Thomas entered the temple he specifically told her "I only have one hat, Sophie."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The reason they were depowered was plot. It's more fun this way.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Llamageddon? Alpacalypse? Be ashamed, Argent, be very ashamed!
(...except that's really funny.)