2018/04/06 - The White Writer

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Champion Wallace

Re: 2018/04/06 - The White Writer

Post by Champion Wallace »

For the people viewing this years from now, the comic was originally posted with the title "The White Rider", but within a day Rick changed the title to "The White Writer" because a forumite suggested it and Rick couldn't resist the pun. The only other time Rick has retconed something like this that I know of is Res's tag was green in his first appearance but he changed it to yellow because people were joking it signified Res liked catnip too much.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Marijuana, actually.

Some people were idiots about it.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Dissension wrote:Marijuana, actually.

One of the silliest changes to this day.

Though I still find it funny that back then I thought it was because Rick didn't want Res to be Canadian.

My eternal shame.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

Dissension wrote:Marijuana, actually.

agh... something similar I remember happened with the cat-nip strip... at the time I wasn't into the community because of shyness but I remember people went quite mad. :roll:
by the way, what happened to the "cast" page that was on the site before project wonderful?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think the new tag looks better anyway!

Rick just hasn't gotten around to remaking the cast page. Which is a shame, I liked it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

ah, thank you Sleet! I too like the tags way better, the new site is neat. I was just wondering if all the "extras" of the old site were... lost. it came to my mind with the marijuana talk because I think it also had an archive of "removed" ideas but I'm not really sure.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Zenir wrote:ah, thank you Sleet! I too like the tags way better, the new site is neat. I was just wondering if all the "extras" of the old site were... lost. it came to my mind with the marijuana talk because I think it also had an archive of "removed" ideas but I'm not really sure.
The internet is a wonderful place. Once something is on the internet it is rather hard to get it off. I started reading Housepets! after the new site was implemented, but I've seen the old site with the Wayback Machine. That's how I got the green tag picture. It doesn't have everything, but it does have most stuff including the Cast page and the Bonuses page. When you're in the Wayback Machine, you can navigate like normal, but keep in mind pages load a lot slower, the URLs are different with the new site so you can't copy and paste, and the transition from old site to new site happened on July 4, 2016 so trying to view a backup from after that will just show you the page as it is now.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote:That's a line from the "Christmas Imaginate", right? We know how THAT ended!
Awesomely?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Vanice

Post by Vanice »

Strange. I never knew his tag was green. Pretty interesting.
Also catnip? i would've just assumed it was maple leaf tag that clashed with the color of his collar.
"I've been having these weird thoughts lately...."
"Like is any of this for real? Or not?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Awesomely, of course, Argent. But the "Paginate" also ends with George Bailey (Peanut) telling the Grinch (Tiger) that "the spirit of Christmas was inside him all along" and emphasizing the point by running him through with the Sword of Kringle. Gruesome little play on words there, Peanut.