2018/05/02 - Showing Res Ponsibility

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Cesco

Re: 2018/05/02 - Showing Res Ponsibility

Post by Cesco »

That's a good personal way to have used the power you were having, Res. ;) Don't blame him, Grape, he has a point. And then, don't you want to read a new great Pridelands story? :) Oh! You called for it, Grape! :o It's a shame your head was turned on the other side. :P That's weird, anyway, it should be caused by some temple power residue left on him... :P So, Res is getting to come back home, but I'm wondering, where's his luggage visible here?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Argent wrote:The game is over so weird time junk is allowed, so he could have got the book from the future where he'd already written it, or from an alternate universe version of himself, or even from a universe where Pridelands is real.
It really takes away all the author's credit when their work of "fiction" is actually real, doesn't it?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Silly Zealot wrote:
Argent wrote:The game is over so weird time junk is allowed, so he could have got the book from the future where he'd already written it, or from an alternate universe version of himself, or even from a universe where Pridelands is real.
It really takes away all the author's credit when their work of "fiction" is actually real, doesn't it?
If the universe is infinite, is there a difference?

The Prince Who Was A Thousand is in an unique position. He is a teleportationist, among other things, and this is even rarer than a master of temporal fugue. In fact, he is the only one of his kind. He can transport himself, in no time at all, to any place that he can visualize.

And he has a very vivid imagination. Granting that any place you can think of exists somewhere in infinity, if the Prince can think of it too, he is able to visit it. Now, a few theorists claim that the Prince’s visualizing a place and willing himself into it is actually an act of creation. No one knew about the place before, and if the Prince can find it, then perhaps what he really did was make it happen. However-positing infinity, the rest is easy.
-- Creatures of Light and Darkness, Roger Zelazny.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

If Res wrote it in the future and brought it to the present, he's still the author.... Ow, my head...
Argent

Post by Argent »

NHWestoN wrote:Ow, my head...
Larry Niven referred to Time Travel as "Excedrin Headache √-π".
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

And now we are going to have a long multi-page discussion over whether Res created Pridelands, or if the image of Pridelands flew into his head from an alternate un-
No, better get back to the comic.

Growing to tiger size is gonna be a great gig for the next Pridelands convention!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Silly Zealot wrote:Growing to tiger size is gonna be a great gig for the next Pridelands convention!
Except most people don't know Res is the author. To them he's is just another cat...
Unless this "vacation" has given him the confidence to come out as the true author. However, that would be a bit complicated with the first six Pridelands books already published in his mom's name.
The cape comes with the promotion.
bravelove

Post by bravelove »

As a writer I would probably trade my soul to be able to use infinite cosmic power to give me ideas and help me write.
Image Image
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

bravelove wrote:As a writer I would probably trade my soul to be able to use infinite cosmic power to give me ideas and help me write.
... ... That's a little... extreme... Don't you think? Just keep writing, chugging along and practicing
Allons-y
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

I think it would have been funnier if when he sneezed, he went into Mega Mana Were-Tiger Mode instead of just Were-Tiger.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:I think it would have been funnier if when he sneezed, he went into Mega Mana Were-Tiger Mode instead of just Were-Tiger.
It would have been harder for Grape to miss the bus shelter exploding around her.
Champion Wallace wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Growing to tiger size is gonna be a great gig for the next Pridelands convention!
Except most people don't know Res is the author. To them he's is just another cat...
Unless this "vacation" has given him the confidence to come out as the true author. However, that would be a bit complicated with the first six Pridelands books already published in his mom's name.
Which, when you think of it, is a good argument for Keene's quest for equality. Res should have been able to publish under his own name,
Argent

Post by Argent »

TeflonCougar wrote:Which, when you think of it, is a good argument for Keene's quest for equality. Res should have been able to publish under his own name,
I'm not sure he'd want to do that, he's kind of publicity-shy.
Last edited by Argent on Thu May 03, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

Once a were-tiger, always a were-tiger.
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...especially if you picked up allergies, poor guy.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Plot twist: He forgets all the things he came up with on the bus ride him.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
House42

Post by House42 »

So does this mean that once Res figures out he still has residual mana in his veins, he'll be able to use it like Bane uses venom to become more swol at will?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

House42 wrote:So does this mean that once Res figures out he still has residual mana in his veins, he'll be able to use it like Bane uses venom to become more swol at will?
-What if I were to remove your fans from you?
-It would be extremely painful...
-No kidding!
-...For you.

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Probably just an allergy, Res. Not to Grape, we hope ....
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Maybe"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You wish, Maxwell darlin', you wish ... !