2018/05/07 - Marta Con Carne

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/05/07 - Marta Con Carne

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/05/07 - Marta Con Carne]
Title Text: GET IN THE CAR NATE

You gotta be careful when you let people borrow your stuff.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/05/07 - Marta Con Carne

Post by Saturn381 »

Moral of the day, don't let Kitsune borrow your stuff. :P
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

So, Breel might come back... But that would mean he would come back as a different person? Might not be worth it.
Allons-y
Arvetis

Post by Arvetis »

I'm glad things are going this way, and not the other way that would have allowed them to stick together.

Though something tells me this won't be a walk in the park for Breel.
dakaggo

Post by dakaggo »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:So, Breel might come back... But that would mean he would come back as a different person? Might not be worth it.
Incarnate not REincarnate. He'd come back as the same person.

That does mean there must be some price to be paid given the negative reaction to it though. Maybe just the idea that Heaven is much better than Earth is enough? I suppose you'd have to be re-evaluated and might not get into Heaven the second time.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

The Strip Tittle wrote:Marta Con Carne
No gracias, soy vegetariano. (es mentira no lo soy).

Ok but for real, You going big Breel, respect.
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

They're gonna resurrect Breel! Holy carp! This whole time I didn't think that was a serious possibility, and now it looks like it's actually happening!
But what's the catch?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

leinglo wrote:They're gonna resurrect Breel! Holy crap! This whole time I didn't think that was a serious possibility, and now it looks like it's actually happening!
But what's the catch?
probably what dakaggo said. Heaven is great and if you leave it you may not get back in. maybe it's harder to get in the second time.

or you need your body and you become a zombie. zombreel.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

”You can never come back! You can never come-“
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

dakaggo wrote:
TheSilverFox51 wrote:So, Breel might come back... But that would mean he would come back as a different person? Might not be worth it.
Incarnate not REincarnate. He'd come back as the same person.

That does mean there must be some price to be paid given the negative reaction to it though. Maybe just the idea that Heaven is much better than Earth is enough? I suppose you'd have to be re-evaluated and might not get into Heaven the second time.
As you can see, I'm not too smart.
Allons-y
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Love conquers all, they say,
even the heart of the heavenly.
It breaks down the barriers;
Love fights most worthily.
Deeper than desire, this feeling,
more powerful than any army;
more passionate than any flower,
more insane than the barmy.
Some give their life for love,
others give their soul.
Breel gives up his life above
for one whose heart was once a hole.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

...Or, just maybe, once again that tricky ol' nine-tails planned this little match-making trick as part of the grand scheme. Kitsune is a bit of a romantic!

...and, hey, one of our gang thought a Kitsune-Cerberus date might be a good pairing. Well, here's s real "ice-breaker", eh? Nice call, chum!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Keene really dried off quickly. It's quaint how being super rich doesn't mean a thing when trying to keep Breel by your side. I wonder if Cerberus took the other celestials back on schedule or if she let the huskies have some snuggle time like what she did with Breel. interesting they would discourage incarnating since when Duke voiced he wished he was dead so he could be like Breel, he said they try to discourage that too.
Since it took more than one google search, I'm including my explanation of the strip title (blacked out because as Dessension says, "never explain the joke"): Con carne is a phrase in Spanish put at the end of the name of a dish that normally doesn't have meat in it to indicate that in this case it does have meat. Marta is Spanish for Breel's species, pine marten. If he incarnates, he would be a marten that has meat (a body) when he otherwise wouldn't, so the joke is the phrase would be applicable, even when not talking about food.
The cape comes with the promotion.
mr_abomination

Post by mr_abomination »

I wonder why cerb's speech bubbles aren't coloured like normal, is she using a different voice?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

She's done it before, but you're right, it is a rarity
Argent

Post by Argent »

That does mean there must be some price to be paid given the negative reaction to it though.
Remember when Q got turned into a mortal, and had to deal with pain and sleep and stuff?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

I think the loose demon would be a better argument. as in since they have one of theirs here, we should leave one of ours. Then we avoid all the issues with returning to mortality and Keene still gets to be touched by an angel.

I also have to wonder, three heads, one collar. Is Cerberus 2/3 naked like a big ole Celestial tease or is the collar a mark of who is the dominant head? Either way I think she is one of the prettier female characters in the Housepets world.
Argent

Post by Argent »

TeflonCougar wrote:Either way I think she is one of the prettier female characters in the Housepets world.
No way I mean OK OK I have a natural bias but obviously Lana is the prettiest because weasel!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Argent wrote:
TeflonCougar wrote:Either way I think she is one of the prettier female characters in the Housepets world.
No way I mean OK OK I have a natural bias but obviously Lana is the prettiest because weasel!
He said 'one of'

And, yes, Lana's a beautiful Ferret.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm expecting it to be a bad procedure... unless bad is just going back to Earth where you got these things called trains and pains.

If this is the solution, then i'm sort of expecting the heavenly huskies to pull this kind of thing. Rufus? Nah, he just wants to see Grandkids. Mwahaha.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Panther

Post by Panther »

Breel is chilly con carne ? ......................................................... *out very away* :lol: :oops:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I always assumed Cerberus wore a collar because her Grecian model was often shown collared and restrained, and just one on the middle head for balance. Still, why? None of the dog souls in Heaven wear collars.

Being a stickler for rules and protocols, Cerb's response likely arises from an "It's complicated" visceral reaction you'd expect from a mid-level bureaucrat. We'll just see.......
Last edited by NHWestoN on Mon May 07, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrayHimakar

Post by GrayHimakar »

I don't get the Alt text. Can someone explain it to me?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

GrayHimakar wrote:I don't get the Alt text. Can someone explain it to me?
GET IN THE CAR, NATE sounds like GET INCARNATE - which Breel wants to do - and references the face that 'mom' is here to drive her kids (the angelics) home to Heaven.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Since we are in the bussiness or resurrecting characters, can we get Rufus, Karl-Lenin Faust and that one doggy who got infini-chocolate chip cookie back as well? Pleaaaaaaaaaase?
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:or you need your body and you become a zombie. zombreel.
Aww, You beat me to it!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

More thoughts on Cerberus

Is she one being or three?

When Keene was in the Dream Pool in Heaven and slipped away, one head did say "One of us has to keep an eye on our charges." suggesting individuality. In the one shot one head decides she needs glasses and the centre head disputes it say "I do not need glasses." That suggests connection, but the third head sees the fallen pet (Tiger?) and says "We may need to take him anyway" suggesting the other two heads are not aware of what she sees.

One person or does each head have a brain and mind of its own? Or are they individuals with that odd mind meld thing identical siblings are rumored to have?

One person, or the best way to date triplets?

Discuss.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

TeflonCougar wrote:More thoughts on Cerberus

When Keene was in the Dream Pool in Heaven and slipped away, one head did say "One of us has to keep an eye on our charges." suggesting individuality. In the one shot one head decides she needs glasses and the centre head disputes it say "I do not need glasses." That suggests connection, but the third head sees the fallen pet (Tiger?) and says "We may need to take him anyway" suggesting the other two heads are not aware of what she sees.

One person or does each head have a brain and mind of its own? Or are they individuals with that odd mind meld thing identical siblings are rumored to have?

Discuss.
Further muddling the issue, anytime someone refers to Cerb it's in the singular, as in one person, not several.
Zenir

Post by Zenir »

I'm all in for Zombreel

Best. Character. Ever.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Fear the Walking Housepets!" ?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Aww, it's so sad see Keene so sad... :( Who ever could say that before? :P Breel is an angel, he doesn't belong to Earth, indeed. His was a temporal staying. :| An incarnation deal? That's a very nice idea, it should be possible. :) Can Great Kitsune do that?

PS: in the second panel, there's a small colouring error done with one of Breel's chest fur tufts, which has the same light blue color of the background.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

leinglo wrote:

Discuss.
Further muddling the issue, anytime someone refers to Cerb it's in the singular, as in one person, not several.

Went they were in Australia each head had a different milkshake, straw,choc, van. Makes you wonder how they keep her girlish figure
CanzetYote

Post by CanzetYote »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
leinglo wrote:They're gonna resurrect Breel! Holy crap! This whole time I didn't think that was a serious possibility, and now it looks like it's actually happening!
But what's the catch?
probably what dakaggo said. Heaven is great and if you leave it you may not get back in. maybe it's harder to get in the second time.

or you need your body and you become a zombie. zombreel.
The most adorable zombie ever!
Frank

Post by Frank »

Could it be possible that Breel was never alive to begin with?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

leinglo wrote:

Discuss.
There was one patreon art where King and Cerberus switched place. King is now a Cerberus as in a three-headed dog deity while mortal Cerb is just one being. Make of what you will.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Frank, you might have missed the occasional debates we've had on how Breel died (hit by a train or what), but he was definitely embodied once....
TendoTwo

Post by TendoTwo »

It's starting to feel a bit too ... not sure what the term I am looking for... Deus ex machina-ish? Mary-Sue-ish? Regardless, feels like it's taking a bit too much of the easy route and being a bit TOO happy if people can just choose to come back from the dead like that. Being very loose with the rules of even letting the dead be with the living again for extended periods of time already felt a bit too perfect.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

....or, as Kitsune might have it, fate is fate. King was born to be neurotic...but happy. Keene was bk th to know what happiness is, but never to keep it.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Silly Zealot wrote:Since we are in the bussiness or resurrecting characters, can we get Rufus, Karl-Lenin Faust and that one doggy who got infini-chocolate chip cookie back as well? Pleaaaaaaaaaase?
What, you mean Charlie? He has his own spinoff though.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

TendoTwo wrote:It's starting to feel a bit too ... not sure what the term I am looking for... Deus ex machina-ish? Mary-Sue-ish? Regardless, feels like it's taking a bit too much of the easy route and being a bit TOO happy if people can just choose to come back from the dead like that. Being very loose with the rules of even letting the dead be with the living again for extended periods of time already felt a bit too perfect.
May have been a bribe or reward for signing on. Help keep the mortals from doing damage with the mana and you can live again, if that is what you want.
Naro Rivers

Post by Naro Rivers »

Buster wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Since we are in the bussiness or resurrecting characters, can we get Rufus, Karl-Lenin Faust and that one doggy who got infini-chocolate chip cookie back as well? Pleaaaaaaaaaase?
What, you mean Charlie? He has his own spinoff though.
I wonder if Kitsune will come down on us for "weird time junk" because of that game and changing the past~
It's difficult to wear gloves with webbed fingers...

When talking about a character, I often speak in D&D terms.

I'm participating in a forum game! You can find it here: