2018/05/09 - A Life Well-Lived

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Argent

Re: 2018/05/09 - A Life Well-Lived

Post by Argent »

Mctwisp wrote:Don't Breel have to BORN first? :|
That's RE-incarnation. He's cuttin' the middleman and goin' straight to incarnation.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
anhedral

Post by anhedral »

anhedral wrote:What was it that TendoTwo said in a comment on the previous strip? "Deus ex machina-ish?" I think I have to agree; the solution offered does seem a bit too perfect, too convenient, unless Cerberus can offer some convincing back-story as to why Breel deserves to be a special case.
Obbl wrote:It's been/being really heavily implied that earth is a fantastically terrible place to live in comparison to Heaven. No one's asking to be incarnated because no one wants to go back. That is (at least part of) the weight of Breel's choice. He's choosing to spend another chunk of time in the morass of mortality so that Keene won't be lonely for that time. That is heckin' sweet, and don't none of y'all try to ruin that for me with your deus-ex-machina-or-others :P
Oh, my bad! I love these two together as much as everyone else! I suppose what I was getting at was that we just haven't seen the fine print of this incarnation deal just yet – the devil in the detail, and all that. Oh wait, one of those just got free, didn't he?

Having said that – and yes, I'm just shamelessly stirring the pot now – if Breel spent 200-odd years in heaven and never found anyone there to love as keenly (noooo...) as he does Keene, perhaps 'jumping ship' back to Keene's world would start to make a lot of sense. Especially if you knew for certain that a rather wonderful afterlife was what you had in store after 40 or 50 more years back in the mortal realm. I know time in heaven is subjective, but even so...

Wait, what? I start reading a web comic for lots of well-written fun and frivolity between intelligent, bipedal pets and their humans, and now I'm pondering the pros and cons of a 200-year-old character leaving heaven to be with his boyfriend? Oh of course, it's Housepets; naturally that's what I'm doing. Silly, silly me.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Re-reading this comic, I get the feeling Breel is just as impulsive as Keene and his brothers and sister. Who knows how fast he'll tire of mortality, even with Keene.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Macsen wrote:Re-reading this comic, I get the feeling Breel is just as impulsive as Keene and his brothers and sister.
Well, duh, mustelid.

What are you sayin' about me?
Panther

Post by Panther »

Hum , well ! Breel request in the last panel : "- Meat me, Cerb!" . It can be seen in a way .......... How can i say it ?

*disappears ashamed in a black-hole without finish* :oops:
zoogi1

Post by zoogi1 »

In case anyone wants a recap of Keene and Breel, this comic prompted me to create a list of all Breel's appearences so far:
https://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/v ... 31#p826331
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yeah, Keene, apparently he can become alive. :D Aww, you're so worried for him, Keene, but you shouldn't, since he's going to live a nice new life with you. ;) Oh, so Breel died long time ago that he could have already died of old age... :? He'll learn that, Keene. ;) Cerberus can do it? Good, then. :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

'til death do us re-part? What are will Breel reincarnate at? Intrrrrrrrrrrighing....
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

It is true that reicarnation still counts as a form of incarnation.....

......But yeah, I seriously don't think Breel will be returned to Earth as a newborn, because Keene waiting years and years for Breel to come of age would be utterly hilarious horribly awkward.
anhedral wrote:Wait, what? I start reading a web comic for lots of well-written fun and frivolity between intelligent, bipedal pets and their humans, and now I'm pondering the pros and cons of a 200-year-old character leaving heaven to be with his boyfriend? Oh of course, it's Housepets; naturally that's what I'm doing. Silly, silly me.
Ah, a kindred soul who asks questions akin to mine!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

All I can say is there better be a solid explanation for why people don't incarnate more often. Hell, if coming back was so important to Keene when he thought he was dead and he went to the orientation that explained everything, why didn't HE think of incarnating? There's got to be some involved process with plenty of red-tape and celestial bureaucracy in between, otherwise newly dead people who died under unpleasant circumstances would probably come back before they got a chance to get used to heaven.

On the whole, I'm against death being reversible in general. It just takes any sense of consequence away from actions.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... Did Cerb cover that option when Keene was in Heaven?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Nobody wrote:There's got to be some involved process with plenty of red-tape and celestial bureaucracy in between, otherwise newly dead people who died under unpleasant circumstances would probably come back before they got a chance to get used to heaven.
There's a four month training process to make a phone call, so yes. Breel also talks about the orientation sessions for the mission, so it's unlikely they even got to come back as spirits without paperwork.

The thing is, though, it's already been done in Breel's case.
majinonifox1

Post by majinonifox1 »

I find it funny that the Transcontinental Railroad was completed May 10th... and today is May 10th... I wonder if that was intentional... probably. XD
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

majinonifox1 wrote:I find it funny that the Transcontinental Railroad was completed May 10th... and today is May 10th... I wonder if that was intentional... probably. XD
You mean *GASP* the plot's been... railroaded?

Where'd all these coats come from?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Argent

Post by Argent »

Technically the first "Transcontinental railroad" only went from Omaha to Sacramento.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

I suppose it’s possible that Breel and the other angels signed up for the mission with the potential for a boon at its success. Also, it’s not unheard of for people coming back from the dead in theology - it’s just not usually so long after the fact. But if this is going to be anything more than fan service, there’s got to be some real character development. I expect for Breel to struggle with the problems associated with mortality, especially after being habituated to being immortal for so long.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Agreed, Doug,. Cerb apparently shares your concern.....
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

"Meat me, Cerb!"
He's so cute ^^