2018/07/04 - Nature Sounds

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Douglas Collier

Re: 2018/07/04 - Nature Sounds

Post by Douglas Collier »

There are four cities called Springfield that show up on Google maps - one in Nebraska, one in Missouri, one in Illinois, and one in Vermont. I'm guessing that Babylon Gardens is somewhere along I-44 or I-55 - possibly along I-80. I somewhat doubt that Babylon Gardens is in Vermont, but it's possible. Then again, Springfield could be anywhere - those four are just the ones that popped up on a search. I think the Springfield in Illinois is the most likely, though, as it's a state capital, so it Babylon Gardens is likely somewhere along I-55/53 (or alternatively on the I-72/I-57 route).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Argent wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I figured it was somewhere in Illinois. In the case of the missing Aztec gold that guy was in route from Springfield to Chicago. https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... body-nose/
Yeh, but nobody knows where Springfield is either.
Springfield is in Oregon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3FtIuVNY8k
anhedral wrote:What, is Bailey related to Mungo or something? Not sure I'd be smiling if I were carrying almost all the luggage for everyone. At least she's got a good posture. Keep that back straight, Bailey girl!
She is a husky after all, known for their strength.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Simon mentioned Lake Michigan once way back. That’s another reason Illinois is the most likely answer. Nebraska is a close second since it is the largest producer of corn in the states. It would have to be one or the other.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Panther

Post by Panther »

Only one pup ? Where are the other ones ? :|
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:Springfield is the capital of Illinois
Oh come on, I even linked Wikipedia. :)
fenrirblack wrote:Simon mentioned Lake Michigan once way back.
The context doesn't seem to imply anything about their location.

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Excuse me, but what does the amount of corn a state produces have to do with the likelihood of Babylon Gardens being located in that state.
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rufus could probably tell us.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Something that I've noticed, and I really hope that Rick Griffin is doing it consciously, is that miles is kind of being antagonistic towards his kids, and it's starting to feel a little aggressive in that last panel...

One of the things we were talking about from the Discord chat is that there are so many comics in the papers these days feel like they present younger people as lazy and stupid and older people as trying to guide them, and I'm really hoping that Rick is planning on going in the opposite direction with this. Fortunately, it seems like King was foreshadowing in that chat with Miles at the beginning of the arc that this plan was going to backfire. I can totally see the kids deciding that this place is great, and Miles having to convince them that it would be better to live in modern society and go to school. That would be much funnier and more original.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Excuse me, but what does the amount of corn a state produces have to do with the likelihood of Babylon Gardens being located in that state.
Haven't you ever noticed how much corn has appeared in the comic. Look at the state fair. Corn signs are in almost all the panels. https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... r-its-day/
Plus when "Corny' was posted on Facebook, Rick commented on how corn had appeared again
*Comic For 03/17/2017* - Corny
"marking yet another appearance of corn, WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?" That is what he said.

As far as Lake Michigan goes, it is not so much a clue as a subtle nod. Coincidence that Lake Michigan is next to Illinois. Why Lake Michigan? Why not Yellowstone or Mt. Rushmore?
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Something that I've noticed, and I really hope that Rick Griffin is doing it consciously, is that miles is kind of being antagonistic towards his kids, and it's starting to feel a little aggressive in that last panel...
I don't think Miles has been antagonistic at all, actually.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fen might be onto something...like all those Karishad references to "playing corn hole"... still not sure how to connect that with identifying Springfield, though.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Until now I realized the applying of shadows in this strip, the strip looks beautiful and if the whole forest arc is gonna look like this.... wow. Great detail Rick!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

You want to talk about good character development. Not to mention artist development. King has come so far from when this happened. Image

What was it that Pete said? Changes don't happen over one magical night. Apparently it takes nine years.
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

I Almost Miss THE OLD KING"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

He was a pistol, warn't he? I miss Bino, Fido, and Rex, too.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Yeah, you notice that ever since Fox quit the club we don't really see Rex much anymore. He's still there but he seems to have been replaced as Bino's primary muscle. I wonder what happened there.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Ever since he got heartbroken trying to humiliate Sasha into taking back Bino and then joining the K9s, Fox doesn't have time to pal with his club chums. He has yet to make up with Officer Fido, though.