2018/07/09 - If You Like It Then You Shoulda Put Your Pee On

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
NHWestoN

Re: 2018/07/09 - If You Like It Then You Shoulda Put Your Pe

Post by NHWestoN »

If Rufus's return was a tenth anniversary thing, then I guess I missed the announcement, but my point remains.

Since we're doing speculations, I'm also wondering how old Gale was when the wolves made their departure. I get the feeling she may have been younger than Miles and Lucretia. She certainly has memories (and apparently not fond ones) of Uncle Deadeye as well. Did the pack "announce" their departure or just hike off one day? Future strips may reveal...
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Maybe She's Miles's Ex Girlfriend :?: ?"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, in that case, Gale's encounter with Miles and the pack should be colorfully volcanic... Wonder if Lucretia's part of the expedition?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote: Since we're doing speculations, I'm also wondering how old Gale was when the wolves made their departure. I get the feeling she may have been younger than Miles and Lucretia. She certainly has memories (and apparently not fond ones) of Uncle Deadeye as well. Did the pack "announce" their departure or just hike off one day? Future strips may reveal...
That does raise questions about how territories work in the wild. Do all the animals get together under the full moon and have a meeting to discuss things? I can see Miles telling everyone that he and the pack are leaving the forest to strike it big in the big city. My guess is there would have to be some kind of rudimentary structure for the animals to get along. They're smart enough to be able to work out their differences without resorting to violence and more vulgar means. Violence would be more fun but I doubt there is going to be much fighting involved.
NHWestoN wrote:Well, in that case, Gale's encounter with Miles and the pack should be colorfully volcanic... Wonder if Lucretia's part of the expedition?
And miss her soaps! Blasphemy.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That is an absolutely frightening title.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
dakaggo

Post by dakaggo »

Pueblo really needs to be a recurring character (maybe to play with the wolf cubs). He's so cute and we need more feral cats to balance out these feral wolves.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

dakaggo wrote:Pueblo really needs to be a recurring character (maybe to play with the wolf cubs). He's so cute and we need more feral cats to balance out these feral wolves.
I could definitely see Rockstar Hawk showing off his Switch to Pueblo at some point in this arc. Too much still in the air to guess how we might get to that point, but it'd totally make for a cute scene or two of bonding between the kids while the "grown-ups" are busy squabbling amongst themselves.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Or Maybe A POSSIBLE Future BOYFRIEND Of A Certain PUP Of KING'S.?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Why is everyone trying to get the cougars to hook up with everyone else? We just met them and everyone wants some kind of relationship to blossom out of this. It's going to be pretty disappointing if Gale and Pueblo aren't ever seen again after this chapter.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Sleet wrote:That is an absolutely frightening title.
I'm sorry, I absolutely could not pass up the opportunity
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

fenrirblack wrote:It's going to be pretty disappointing if Gale and Pueblo aren't ever seen again after this chapter.
When has that ever happened?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Nobody wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:It's going to be pretty disappointing if Gale and Pueblo aren't ever seen again after this chapter.
When has that ever happened?
Jata.

Then there was the weird Ground Squirrel chapter. /teoxihuitl. Silverbolt.

Technically Phat.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, with a cast of over 120, not every character gets a permanent shot in the rotation. Even some of the original crew are rarely seen - Rex, Daisy (sigh), Jasper, for example. Others are short time walk-ons like Yeltsin, Griswold, or Skip Hawk. As Charles Schultz (Peanuts) said when someone asked why characters from the early decade of the strip had disappeared (Shermy,Violet, Patty), " some just fail to develop or fade from stage because others become more interesting or useful). Same in Housepets, I figure.