2018/07/20 - Scre

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: 2018/07/20 - Scre

Post by GameCobra »

I'm on the same view point as Obbl about this. Ceded is basically a past tense of concede. It's very likely Miles and his group left without warning and Gale took over after time passed since there was no sign of them for so long and moved in without any retaliation from them. Anyone else that fought back either got beat or became coogy snacks.

I think Miles may know about Gale when coming back, but hasn't been on speaking terms with her and is very likely going to see how the wolves work around her.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

To bad the forum doesn’t have on of those polls like on Twitter. I can’t tell whose theory anyone believes in anymore. I’m so confused.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... come Monday and another piece of the puzzle, eh, chums?
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

NHWestoN wrote:... come Monday and another piece of the puzzle, eh, chums?

and another spirited round of theories and debates
Last edited by TeflonCougar on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Eggs-Yackly!! (...which is the Wisconsin pronunciation of "Exactly"!)
Argent

Post by Argent »

TeflonCougar wrote:It is not reasonable that Miles does not know Gale.
Sure it is.
He ceded the territory to her. That doesn't mean he just walked away. Ceded is a more formal arrangement.
Oh, dictionary wars!

This is a feral cat speaking colloquially!

But hey, synonyms for cede: "abalienate, abandon, abdicate, abjure, accede, alienate, assign, bequeath, concede, concedere, conner, consign, convey, deed, deliver, devolve, dismiss, donate, give, give away, give up, give up claim to, grant, part with, quitclaim, release, relinquish, remise, render, renounce, renounce claim to, resign, sign away, submit, succumb, surrender, tender, transfer, transmit, turn over, vouchsafe, yield"

You're reading way too much into the word. Yes, there could have been some formal agreement, and I'm not gonna forecast what Rick's gonna do, but we really don't have enough information to say Miles knows Gale.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

24 hours to go...

Is there anything else we can argue about? Not that dictionary wars aren't riveting.

Like Gale can see Miles' pack but can she see why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?

Something that has been bothering me is what is King’s role in this chapter? For all appearances it really looks like a wolf story. This entire trip was to teach them the feral life is hard and Gale clearly has history with them (despite what others think). King feels like he’s along for the ride but that can’t be it. Comic relief is not his style. Rick went through a lot of trouble throwing King into this camping trip. Ninja skills aside I don’t see him being the hero in this story.
Maybe a wise sage or sidekick.

If I was writing this story I would have Miles confront Gale while King sneaks around to free the others. His spatula as his sword and portable pancake grill as his shield he charges in to free the damsels in distress.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Argent wrote:But hey, synonyms for cede: "abalienate,

Is abalienate really a word? Hahaha, that's amazing. Thank you for posting this.

I still think it's unlikely that Gale and the pack haven't directly interacted, but I'm sure we'll find out one way or the other before the arc is through.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

You're reading way too much into the word.
Reading too much into a situation without anything to backup your claim is kind of the underlying theme of the forum.

That being said I feel it is painfully obvious that the saviours of this arc will be the dynamic duo of Sasha and Daisy
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

TeflonCougar wrote:
You're reading way too much into the word.
Reading too much into a situation without anything to backup your claim is kind of the underlying theme of the forum.

That being said I feel it is painfully obvious that the saviours of this arc will be the dynamic duo of Sasha and Daisy
I wouldn’t say without any evidence, just vague evidence based on patterns and personal theory/opinion along with subtle clues that may or may not mean anything.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

TeflonCougar wrote:Reading too much into a situation without anything to backup your claim is kind of the underlying theme of the forum.
Yeah, definitely disagree. Reading too much into situations? Absolutely. But I'd say it's pretty uncommon around here to latch onto things without reason. It's mostly just people theorycrafting for the fun of it--because that's kinda what people do when they enjoy something--using whatever information we have available, against people who refuse to say anything unless we know for absolute certain (which is only ever really the case when a new comic directly confirms it).
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

KJOokami wrote:
TeflonCougar wrote:Reading too much into a situation without anything to backup your claim is kind of the underlying theme of the forum.
It's mostly just people theorycrafting for the fun of it--because that's kinda what people do when they enjoy something--using whatever information we have available, against people who refuse to say anything unless we know for absolute certain (which is only ever really the case when a new comic directly confirms it).
Yes and no. Sometimes for the fun of it. Most of the time to prove a point or prove that you are right about something. Especially if its a serious subject. Then when someone disagrees with you, the gloves come off and the claws and fangs come out. There is a time for fun then there is a time for a shouting match. Then its on.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

No, there is never a time for a shouting match, cause then I gotta come in and start bonking people, and I don't like having to bonk people. :P
But really, nothing in this comic is serious enough to fight over. That's just ego.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Obbl wrote:No, there is never a time for a shouting match, cause then I gotta come in and start bonking people, and I don't like having to bonk people. :P
But really, nothing in this comic is serious enough to fight over. That's just ego.
Except kittens.

No arguments, Obbl. I automatically win on this one.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Oh, yeah, well, I slap the TUAM for ... wait a minute! Wrong thread....oh, crumbs, I'm so confused. Okay, I'll just show myself out. Sorry, everybody.... :oops:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Obbl wrote:No, there is never a time for a shouting match, cause then I gotta come in and start bonking people, and I don't like having to bonk people. :P

You're not wrong.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Just keep cool heads, y'all.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Obbl wrote: I gotta come in and start bonking people, and I don't like having to bonk people.
Everything is under control now.