2018/08/24 - Cupid’s Headlock

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
fenrirblack

Re: 2018/08/24 - Cupid’s Headlock

Post by fenrirblack »

It's official. North Star is a teenager!

Here's a fun fact. Wolves reach sexual maturity at 2-3 years of age.

But let's take a moment and look at this from a psychological perspective. Little is known about Poncho's family ties. As far as we know we have never seen anyone who is biologically related to Poncho aside from Jack. It is entirely possible that Gale served as a type of mother figure that filled the void where his own mother was not. Combine that with the trauma of his injuries and his mind might have been affected in a way that only became apparent once Poncho actively sought a mate. In summary, Poncho really needs to find himself a girlfriend. North Star on the other hand is going through puberty. From what we've seen the only female contact any of the cubs ever had were with members of their own family. Having such a, umm, close contact with Gale triggered hormonal changes taking place in his body. You can look at it from a Freudian perspective but I would not recommend it.

I've been doing research on Childhood trauma and I found that the cubs could develop Acute Stress Disorder. "If an adolescent has been exposed to a traumatic event that involves threat of death, serious injury, or violation of physical integrity involving him- or himself or others, associated with feelings of fear, helplessness. or horror, the following symptoms, beginning with four weeks of the traumatic event and lasting no longer than four weeks are signs of acute stress disorder."
Even though this is a comic it never hurts to learn something new.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:It's official. North Star is a teenager!

Here's a fun fact. Wolves reach sexual maturity at 2-3 years of age.
Probably later in the HP!verse because they also live longer.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Bill in OK

Post by Bill in OK »

Now is the time for Miles and Lucretia to show up. I think Lucretia could hold her own with Gale.
King looks an awful lot like my own Corgi. That's one reason why he's my favorite, but I also like his attitude.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Mom to mom could get right interesting...
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Did we ever get confirmation on what Pueblo's gender is? Also, is North Star intentionally sticking his tongue out at pueblo or is that just a result of him being strangled?
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Did we ever get confirmation on what Pueblo's gender is? Also, is North Star intentionally sticking his tongue out at pueblo or is that just a result of him being strangled?
Technically no but he's clearly a boy. The tongue is a result of strangling and I want to say hormones.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Fish Preferred

Post by Fish Preferred »

Frank wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:I can't tell if this is less weird or a lot weirder if you consider the pups' idea of quality time is getting headlocked by their mom.
So...Freud was right?
It really isn't wierd, guys; if you see your mother as a good parent, it's normal to look for someone with similar traits when selecting a partner. Also, Freud is bunk.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I thought that was kind of bunk too? Dunno.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Eew" is kind of a standard reaction for pre-adolescent males to romantic ickyness. As North Star demonstrates, that attitude changes with the on-set of teen-age. Poor Pueblo ... and Poncho's not dead, either.
Last edited by NHWestoN on Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The dorkiness of the wolves when they encounter Gale makes me think they really would've been indistinguishable with any normal pet at this point =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
tych

Post by tych »

you know it seems hilarious that no one can tell the difference between North Star and Poncho especially considering the continuity of this story arc it was obvious that North Star is the one with a "Broken Brain" Poncho is the one enjoying a headlock a little to much
Argent

Post by Argent »

I think you have that backwards. Poncho has a band of dark fur under his eyes, Northstar's got the light fur extending around the eyes.

Continuity-wise, all those scratches on Poncho are from Gale landing on him.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
javaman112

Post by javaman112 »

i actually watch MMA and im really curious if this is a actual headlock if so can someone tell me?