2018/08/27 - Concerned

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/08/27 - Concerned

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/08/27 - Concerned]
Title Text: sleep well

I mean, they're all together at the moment, they're fine.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/08/27 - Concerned

Post by Saturn381 »

Something tells me King will be the next person to disappear. :P
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Finally, I was starting to think we were never going to have this scene. Honestly I was expecting it weeks ago.

Also KING! Let the roses shower him as he walks away.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

King cannot be the next to disappear as Gale is only kidnapping wolves who she thinks are there for her territory. She wouldn't give a muffins and cookies about dogs. She would be like "Where is your human?".
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

fenrirblack wrote:Finally, I was starting to think we were never going to have this scene. Honestly I was expecting it weeks ago.
Well, it's pretty common for this type of reveal to be preceded by showing the current situation of the rest of the members. Way too fast if we saw them start, then immediately got here. :roll:
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

they arE ALL IN A PIT
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

The Alpha and the King consult
as Evening heads on into night.
Maybe Miles really doesn’t know
who might have put up a fight.
King trusts in their strength
enough to not really care.
Miles knows their strength too;
He set it against what’s out there.
The fear on his friendly face
shows the fear in his heart.
It’s time for the leader, good sir;
your hunt for your pack must start.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Finally, I was starting to think we were never going to have this scene. Honestly I was expecting it weeks ago.
Well, it's pretty common for this type of reveal to be preceded by showing the current situation of the rest of the members. Way too fast if we saw them start, then immediately got here. :roll:
Honestly I was expecting this as a type of intermission not unlike when we saw Miles and Lucretia before. I expected This to take place before Poncho and North Star appeared. Then again I expected it to be wrapped up this week. :lol:
Oh well better late then never.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

fenrirblack wrote:
D-Rock wrote:
Honestly I was expecting this as a type of intermission not unlike when we saw Miles and Lucretia before. I expected This to take place before Poncho and North Star appeared. Then again I expected it to be wrapped up this week. :lol:
Haven't you learned by now that things here never go as you expected?

Expect nothing except for everything to go as Rick plans.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Pause for dramatic tension, or pause for product placement? You decide!
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I love it how Miles is the one who is nervous and King the one being all calm. Normally it's the other way around :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

You know King is going to have a story arc again and I pray it’s going to be the most dramatic heart pounding scenario yet to make up for how laid back he’s been this entire time. I need anxious bitter borderline crazy King again. What happened to the King who used to yell profanities and got upset every other scene?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! :lol:

And he's in a place that brings back good memories from a time where we all thought that there were none.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Surely they all just ... stopped for coffee!
...at the same time...yeah
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
biddyfox

Post by biddyfox »

fenrirblack wrote:You know King is going to have a story arc again and I pray it’s going to be the most dramatic heart pounding scenario yet to make up for how laid back he’s been this entire time. I need anxious bitter borderline crazy King again. What happened to the King who used to yell profanities and got upset every other scene?
Anxious bitter borderline crazy King was gone by the time he married Bailey, I feel. As a matter of fact, it’s never said, but I’m pretty sure that’s why they work so well as a couple - Bailey mellows him out. Also, he’s a dad now, and I bet that contributes.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! :lol:

And he's in a place that brings back good memories from a time where we all thought that there were none.
Go...od mem...ori..ies and Ki...ng. Does not compute. Does not compute.
biddyfox wrote: Anxious bitter borderline crazy King was gone by the time he married Bailey, I feel. As a matter of fact, it’s never said, but I’m pretty sure that’s why they work so well as a couple - Bailey mellows him out. Also, he’s a dad now, and I bet that contributes.
Do you not remember their date night. It had almost all the things I described except the profanities which happened a little before that. ABC King was around long after they were married. The only thing that went away was the bitterness.
Character development.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Startling role reversal, there ... anxious Miles and blase King. Setting us up for ............ ?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

And then Miles suddenly realizes: Oh no. I left them with BigFoot.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

I would have thought King at least would be familiar with TVTropes. Ah well, at least it looks like Miles is aware that YOU NEVER SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT.
Last edited by Argent on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Uh, King... You're a tad too optimistic about it, aren't you?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

If you look at it from King's perspective, He's known the wolves for a while now, and in his experience they've always seemed reasonably competent and able to handle themselves in most situations. Plus, theoretically they should be in their natural element right now. So it's perfectly reasonable to not be worried that they're out a little late.

Now if they don't come back in the morning...

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

As a dad is King so safety conscious he bought himself a new collar with a retroreflective strip? When in full daylight, King's collar, white fur, and the white of his eye are all the same color (0° 0% 95%). Previously, when King was in darkness his collar darkened to match his fur instead of his eyes (drawing eyes to always be fully lit is a artistic technique that I'm not going to question). In the current arc, the black part of King's collar matches his black fur (0° 0% 28% in the light to 261° 11% 32% in the dark) whereas the white part of the collar matches his eyes (0° 0% 97%) instead of his fur (258° 14% 76%).
Edit: Converted the hexadecimal RGB to HSL because the Lightness (the third number) is what's important (yes, the black part of King gets brighter in the moonlight, don't ask me how).
Last edited by Champion Wallace on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:As a dad is King so safety conscious he bought himself a new collar with a retroreflective strip? When in full daylight, King's collar, white fur, and the white of his eye are all the same color (#F3F3F3). Previously, when King was in darkness his collar darkened to match his fur instead of his eyes (drawing eyes to always be fully lit is a artistic technique that I'm not going to question). In the current strip, the black part of King's collar matches his black fur (#474747 to #4E4859) whereas the white part of the collar matches his eyes (#F7F7F7) instead of his fur (#BFBACB).
How do you even know that?
Argent wrote:I would have thought King at least would be familiar with TVTropes. Ah well, at least it looks like Miles is aware that YOU NEVER SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT.
If I didn't know better I'd say King did that on purpose. That's what I would have done anyway. 8-)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Huh, King is being pretty creepy here... Actually, it's going about how he's saying. :? Yeah, something is happening... Gale is catching the wolves one by one, indeed, not all of them at the same time. :P Okay, goodnight. ;) Anyway, the situation is getting worry, you should do something and try to find them, Miles. Maybe, the responsibility of their safety is also being yours... :roll:
Champion Wallace

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:As a dad is King so safety conscious he bought himself a new collar with a retroreflective strip? When in full daylight, King's collar, white fur, and the white of his eye are all the same color (#F3F3F3). Previously, when King was in darkness his collar darkened to match his fur instead of his eyes (drawing eyes to always be fully lit is a artistic technique that I'm not going to question). In the current strip, the black part of King's collar matches his black fur (#474747 to #4E4859) whereas the white part of the collar matches his eyes (#F7F7F7) instead of his fur (#BFBACB).
How do you even know that?
I have an app that tells me the Red, Green, and Blue values of the pixel the mouse is on. When I noticed his collar looked brighter for some reason, I gathered data on various parts of King in various environments to test my hypothesis. As I was doing that I stumbled onto the fact that in normal lighting the black and white of his collar match exactly the shade of black and white in his fur palette (though only in the latest design. Before that his collar used pure white and his fur was more cream colored).

Now that I think about it, retroreflective material would only light up like this if the metaphorical camera had a literal flash (then again, there is studio lighting). Clearly the more reasonable assumption is the middle of the his collar is now an LED strip.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Or else it's made of eyeballs!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote: Now that I think about it, retroreflective material would only light up like this if the metaphorical camera had a literal flash (then again, there is studio lighting). Clearly the more reasonable assumption is the middle of the his collar is now an LED strip.
Trendy. King's ready to party all night.

On that subject if they get drunk from drinking orange soda, what happened when they drink coke? Is that like the dog equivalent of wine? King is definitely in the point in his life where drinking wine before bed is a customary thing to do.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Neat device, Champ! What else do you do with it?
Champion Wallace

NHWestoN wrote:Neat device, Champ! What else do you do with it?
Well, I can get color data to see if two things are the same like the poncho and the trap. It also comes with a window that shows the area around the mouse, but zoomed in up to 8x so you can make sure you're sampling the right pixel. I sometimes use that as a regular magnifier for stuff like counting silhouettes.
tych

Post by tych »

fenrirblack wrote:
D-Rock wrote:CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! :lol:

Go...od mem...ori..ies and Ki...ng. Does not compute. Does not compute.
maybe D-Rock meant when King went on a Journey to find and get Bailey back from "THE GAME", or maybe referring to when King actually tried to acclimate to being a dog.
fenrirblack wrote:
biddyfox wrote: Anxious bitter borderline crazy King was gone by the time he married Bailey, I feel. As a matter of fact, it’s never said, but I’m pretty sure that’s why they work so well as a couple - Bailey mellows him out. Also, he’s a dad now, and I bet that contributes.
Do you not remember their date night. It had almost all the things I described except the profanities which happened a little before that. ABC King was around long after they were married. The only thing that went away was the bitterness.
Character development.
you are technically right, also I would like to remind every one of the "bar of soap in mouth" strip technically he still profanes a heck of a lot still it's just now he gets called on it.

Also, fenrirblack I feel should kinda point out King being mellow here is mainly because he is Camping type "Dog", to say it another way he likes it he is prepared as best he can for this trip.

He has no idea that there is a dangerous alpha predator that can easily kill everyone out there and is upset because they feel that the wolves are encroaching on said predator's territory if he knew that we would probably see a neurotic King profaning at Miles about how he didn't prevent this from happening or at least give him a heads up so he could have brought a can of Cougar Repellent though given how much King says he is a camping "dog" wouldn't surprise me if a had a set of repellent cans that we don't know about or have something that would keep most predatory animals away.
Argent

Post by Argent »

So, like, Gale shows up and King zaps her with cat repellent. SO many ways that can go wrong.

"Works better if you're not facing into the wind..."
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cory? :D

T's 'bout time for an unexpected feral to show up.....
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

tych wrote: He has no idea that there is a dangerous alpha predator that can easily kill everyone out there and is upset because they feel that the wolves are encroaching on said predator's territory if he knew that we would probably see a neurotic King profaning at Miles about how he didn't prevent this from happening or at least give him a heads up so he could have brought a can of Cougar Repellent though given how much King says he is a camping "dog" wouldn't surprise me if a had a set of repellent cans that we don't know about or have something that would keep most predatory animals away.
Yes, because if we learned anything from Zootopia is that having predatory repellents works so well. :?