2018/09/17 - Don’t Mince Words

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/09/17 - Don’t Mince Words

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/09/17 - Don’t Mince Words]
Title Text: sorry to ruin your saturday

Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/09/17 - Don’t Mince Words

Post by Saturn381 »

Que the Mortal Kombat theme.
Gbr23

Re: 2018/09/17 - Don’t Mince Word

Post by Gbr23 »

Oh... kill... I see I see... yeah... well... good luck Miles!
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Liam

Post by Liam »

I'm sure they'll have a pleasant talk over tea, smooth things over.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

So it's the 2 strike rule with Gale, good to know.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Frank

Post by Frank »

that penny dropped so hard, it whistled as it went down
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Foxissagi

Post by Foxissagi »

Quite the action going on here.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

With quick realizations things begin,
taking all the things out, right on the chin;
well they will if she’ll just let him speak up;
peace is the fights’ end, for adult and pup.
(I know none of the kids are pups but still)
It’s a battle of their muscle, effort and skill.
Miles is never lacking but Gale has rage;
a righteous fury that’s shattered her cage.
Can he talk sense or will he have to fight?
Will she descend or finally see the light?
Will she see her part in the greater Tableau?
Will she live or need the Wolves adopt Pueblo?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
javaman112

Post by javaman112 »

i wonder if pueblo will just sleep through this
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

This is the closest so far of Gale straight up telling us her plan, but it still doesn't make sense. If she wanted combat, she had the drop on Miles in the forrest. Now she has the home turf advantage (literally her home), but that doesn't help her because now Miles expected an attack. She was kidnaping the wolfs one-by-one so they wouldn't aid Miles in a fight, but how easy it was to pick them off without the others noticing makes it seem like she could've had a tussle with Miles while the pack was hunting and escape afterward without anyone catching her. Miles spent the day with Lucretia, but "capture the pack so Miles goes looking, alone" seems like a long shot. Even so, assuming Miles is the only target she wants, once Miles left the camp there wouldn't be a reason to pursue Lucretia or the dogs. I don't have personal experience, but I would imagine taking a subdued wolf up a mountain would be harder then just killing it, so Gale doesn't want the rest of the pack dead. The most logical conclusion I can come up with is Gale wants Miles's family to witness his death as a massage never to return.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

anime fight scene. About time.
Champion Wallace wrote:This is the closest so far of Gale straight up telling us her plan, but it still doesn't make sense. If she wanted combat, she had the drop on Miles in the forrest. Now she has the home turf advantage (literally her home), but that doesn't help her because now Miles expected an attack. She was kidnaping the wolfs one-by-one so they wouldn't aid Miles in a fight, but how easy it was to pick them off without the others noticing makes it seem like she could've had a tussle with Miles while the pack was hunting and escape afterward without anyone catching her. Miles spent the day with Lucretia, but "capture the pack so Miles goes looking, alone" seems like a long shot. Even so, assuming Miles is the only target she wants, once Miles left the camp there wouldn't be a reason to pursue Lucretia or the dogs. I don't have personal experience, but I would imagine taking a subdued wolf up a mountain would be harder then just killing it, so Gale doesn't want the rest of the pack dead. The most logical conclusion I can come up with is Gale wants Miles's family to witness his death as a massage never to return.
There is a psychological reasoning that she may want to return to her own cave. Let’s think about this. Games been bearing a geudge for ten years. She clearly has gotten some kind of sadistic pleasure out of watching Miles suffer over losing his pack. It could be that she wanted to give him the sense of hope that he could save them before killing them in front of his face. Not to mention they are returning to the “scene of the crime” so to speak where Gale told him that she never wanted to see him again. Like a cat she has been playing with him this entire time.

The real question is why is she still so angry with mIles that she has straight up lost it? She has a kid now which is what she wanted. The pack will leave soon enough especially after this fisassco. So what is driving her besides a petty need for revenge? Clearly from her comment she’s delusional so that doesn’t help anyone.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hard to send a message if you first kill all your messengers, kitty cat...
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Champion Wallace wrote:This is the closest so far of Gale straight up telling us her plan, but it still doesn't make sense. If she wanted combat, she had the drop on Miles in the forrest. Now she has the home turf advantage (literally her home), but that doesn't help her because now Miles expected an attack. She was kidnaping the wolfs one-by-one so they wouldn't aid Miles in a fight, but how easy it was to pick them off without the others noticing makes it seem like she could've had a tussle with Miles while the pack was hunting and escape afterward without anyone catching her. Miles spent the day with Lucretia, but "capture the pack so Miles goes looking, alone" seems like a long shot. Even so, assuming Miles is the only target she wants, once Miles left the camp there wouldn't be a reason to pursue Lucretia or the dogs. I don't have personal experience, but I would imagine taking a subdued wolf up a mountain would be harder then just killing it, so Gale doesn't want the rest of the pack dead. The most logical conclusion I can come up with is Gale wants Miles's family to witness his death as a massage never to return.
That seems to be the gist of her plan, though she seems to be forgetting two major problems:

Assuming she killed Miles in front of his pack after making him feel the pain of losing everyone he cared about, who's to say that, instead of running away in fear of the death of their leader, that the pack of like 6 or so wolves wouldn't just instead opt to, I don't know, Kill the lone Cougar that just killed their pack leader? :lol:
Also, I'm not sure she's really weighing out all the possible outcomes here. Let's assume that she fails to kill Miles, but instead of them sparing or trying to redeem her, they just kill her because she's an active threat. Congratulations Gale, in your blind rage and quest for revenge, you left your child alone, mentally scared, and also left with blind rage and a future quest for revenge assuming they survive on their own, cause I highly doubt he'd want to be taken in by the people that ruined his mothers life :|
ImageImageImageImage
KathYohneke

Post by KathYohneke »

considering how easily miles countered that, Gale probably didnt think this one through. after all one toss/trip into the pit and suddenly that hole pick em off one by one plan goes straight out the window and she'd have to deal with a entire pack that she just said she would kill.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

"Screw me over"? I get that they stepped on her territory, but how is that screwing her over? Is she insane?
And after kidnapping innocent wolves (except maybe Rockstar who wanted to eat Zach and attacked Pueblo, and Sanchez who wanted to eat a cub) that had pretty much nothing to do with her grief with Miles just to make him suffer and cry, she wants to kill him in front of his family??
My dislike for Gale grows more and more intense strip by strip. :x
Argent

Post by Argent »

Le sigh.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Timmie

Post by Timmie »

Fighting like cats and dogs.
aldenf

Post by aldenf »

The 'screw over' is likely that the cougar believes, for whatever reason, that the wolves are planning to return to the territory, despite their promise that they left it back to Gale, and they might never return. It is basically, Gale just does not know they were just staying there for a couple days and planning to go away kind of trip.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I don't think that "camping trip" is a typical element of life in the wild. Rather, it is, except without tents and sleeping bags and solar powered grills and most especially going back to civilization when you're done.

And spatulas.

Still, Miles, I am disappoint.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:That seems to be the gist of her plan, though she seems to be forgetting two major problems:

Assuming she killed Miles in front of his pack after making him feel the pain of losing everyone he cared about, who's to say that, instead of running away in fear of the death of their leader, that the pack of like 6 or so wolves wouldn't just instead opt to, I don't know, Kill the lone Cougar that just killed their pack leader? :lol:
Also, I'm not sure she's really weighing out all the possible outcomes here. Let's assume that she fails to kill Miles, but instead of them sparing or trying to redeem her, they just kill her because she's an active threat. Congratulations Gale, in your blind rage and quest for revenge, you left your child alone, mentally scared, and also left with blind rage and a future quest for revenge assuming they survive on their own, cause I highly doubt he'd want to be taken in by the people that ruined his mothers life :|
Hopefully the wild cougars don't follow that kill or be killed rule too much, otherwise - yes, Pueblo does have the potential to just be revenge obsessed.

Miles the pack leader fighting. Good thing!

Gale is going to kill you now. This means she's evil. like Spock. Time to get the drums.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote: Also, I'm not sure she's really weighing out all the possible outcomes here. Let's assume that she fails to kill Miles, but instead of them sparing or trying to redeem her, they just kill her because she's an active threat. Congratulations Gale, in your blind rage and quest for revenge, you left your child alone, mentally scared, and also left with blind rage and a future quest for revenge assuming they survive on their own, cause I highly doubt he'd want to be taken in by the people that ruined his mothers life :| [/color]
I'm wondering if Pueblo may be the solution to this anyway. He's been a part of Gale's plan, but has always seemed to be seeing it as play. If he sees that Mom is going to hurt someone outside the need for food, it may upset him. "Mom! What are you doing?"

Which brings up a side thought. How do you eat someone who is begging you not to hurt them? "Please, don't eat me!"
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

I am still waiting for mountain lion smooches

I am beginning to think that maybe I won't get any

This distresses me greatly
ImageImage
ImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

TeflonCougar wrote:Which brings up a side thought. How do you eat someone who is begging you not to hurt them? "Please, don't eat me!"
My guess? Ignore their pleas or kill them before they have a chance to plea in the first place.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Yeah, Miles, you finally understood what Gale is really doing with your family members... :? Wow, nice blocking! ;) Both are such hunks, anyway. :P It's evident that Gale always prefers to do action than talk with you all. :roll: Yeah, she talked now, and those aren't nice words... :(
dire

Post by dire »

I guess my question would be, is Miles acting according to Gale's plan, or is Gale acting according to Miles' plan?

Someone picked this stretch of wilderness knowing that there was an angry, jilted cougar that claimed it as territory, and they didn't even have the courtesy of talking to the cougar about things first. Or did they? The goal of the outing is to convince the cubs that city life is way better than country life, and that they are better off doing boring things in the city than they are doing dangerous things out in the wilderness.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

dire wrote:I guess my question would be, is Miles acting according to Gale's plan, or is Gale acting according to Miles' plan?

Someone picked this stretch of wilderness knowing that there was an angry, jilted cougar that claimed it as territory, and they didn't even have the courtesy of talking to the cougar about things first. Or did they? The goal of the outing is to convince the cubs that city life is way better than country life, and that they are better off doing boring things in the city than they are doing dangerous things out in the wilderness.

I'd say Gale is running the show. If this was just to teach the the pups a lesson the private conversation between Miles and Gale two strips back would serve no purpose. At that time there was no one left to hear it.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Sinder wrote:I am still waiting for mountain lion smooches

I am beginning to think that maybe I won't get any

This distresses me greatly
Patience, this looks like a lovers' spat.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Yup, definitely not the diplomatic type.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

TeflonCougar wrote:Which brings up a side thought. How do you eat someone who is begging you not to hurt them? "Please, don't eat me!"
Considering carnivores still exist in this universe and have made a point that they basically do the same things they do in real life...

Probably relatively easily. Disturbing thought... :?
ImageImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »