2018/10/03 - Parent Teacher Association

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Bandit1990

Re: 2018/10/03 - Parent Teacher Association

Post by Bandit1990 »

Fair points,

Still, it's as good a name as any, and if I ever do get around to starting that RPG I'm going to need one.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

So ... how'd Gale get her facial scar?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

NHWestoN wrote:So ... how'd Gale get her facial scar?
Well, let's see what we know. We know she fell off a cliff. We know that a car killed Natalie's mom. If those two are somehow connected then....doubtful but worth noting. There may have been a favor involved. There's something else that's been bothering me. The way Gale says "Gotta catch me so I don't fall-" I wonder if that's a clue or reference to the cliff incident. The other piece of this annoying puzzle is what Jack said, "So you're probably still sore about what happened to your--" The way he says that means he can't be talking about Gale's desire for a family or the fact that they left her so it clearly means her face. Jack had something to do with it.

As far as a definitive answer, yeah, we're not getting a real answer. Add that to the list.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Noodle Incident.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Looking forward, Public school opens some possibilities. I wonder if the cubs will go out for sports.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Bandit1990 wrote:Looking forward, Public school opens some possibilities. I wonder if the cubs will go out for sports.
That there is a near certainty. The real question is what sports specifically, and will they pick just one for each of them or pick up different ones they like?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I'm really REALLY excited to see the cubs in school. There are so many possibilities that it could be an entire spin-off series. Unfortunately we're probably going to have to wait awhile to circle back to the cubs.
Truth be told. Anthro-animal and human interaction has always been my favorite story style. It's why I put it in literally everything I write.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:Is anyone else bothered by the way this chapter ended? The time skip really throws me off because I feel like it could have waited two weeks. This week and next week could have been spent wrapping up the story with them in the woods and actually see them go home with King and co. the next day. One week if you cut out the Long overdue conversation parts.
It might not be over yet. Arcs normally end on Fridays so we likely have another strip in this arc. Additionally, there isn't anything stopping this from continuing into next week. Something to remember is Rick got a day behind, so this part could seem rushed because he could've axed a transition strip to stay on schedule.
kavviyenta wrote:
Bandit1990 wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:I believe the name of the location your looking for is "Babylon Gardens".
That plays on something I was wondering for a while. Babylon Gardens is the name of the community built by Henry Milton around the mansion. We've seen glimpses of a larger city/town nearby, but we've yet to get a name for it. (Note: It's entirely probable that the school is inside or very near BG, however.)
This may not be it, but the name of the city/town is River Ridge if the zoo, the wolves went to, indicate.
I admit there probably wouldn't be a school in Babylon Gardens now because of how few kids are there, But I don't think we can say with confidence the school is in River Ridge (even if the zoo is named after the town instead of something else). There are about 1000 times as many schools as zoos, so chances are the pack had to travel a town or three over to get to the River Ridge Zoo.
The cape comes with the promotion.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Some part of this comic makes me think of Gale as a principle. A ferocious one. x3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Argent

Post by Argent »

GameCobra wrote:Some part of this comic makes me think of Gale as a principle. A ferocious one. x3
Gale Strickland.

"You got a real attitude problem, Milton. You're a slacker. You remind me of your father when he went here. He was a slacker, too."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Or a PE instructor... A feared one. "Climb, Egbert, climb ... cause I'm right behind you!"
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:Is anyone else bothered by the way this chapter ended? The time skip really throws me off because I feel like it could have waited two weeks. This week and next week could have been spent wrapping up the story with them in the woods and actually see them go home with King and co. the next day. One week if you cut out the Long overdue conversation parts.
It might not be over yet. Arcs normally end on Fridays so we likely have another strip in this arc. Additionally, there isn't anything stopping this from continuing into next week. Something to remember is Rick got a day behind, so this part could seem rushed because he could've axed a transition strip to stay on schedule.
I'm just expecting it to be a quick wrap up with the other wolves complaining about their new jobs and how much humanity stinks but it's still better than the wild which was the entire point of this chapter. So yeah. Lana will probably show up to so it forms a book-end. Miles will be standing there with a big goofy grin, the cubs will be moaning about school and how embarrassing he is, the other wolves will again be complaining blah blah blah, and King will hopefully be there because I have a few ideas for him and I want to see if they lead anywhere.

You know I would not be upset if it ended with a shot of Pueblo in school. I'm thinking something like:

Miles: "How's Pueblo doing adjusting to civilization?"
Gale: "He's doing just fine. Better than me apparently."
Miles: "He's going to school too, right? How's that going?"
Then we see Pueblo laying on a beanbag in some classroom surrounded by his harem.

Could you imagine Pueblo in High School!? Maybe on the football team. Walking down the halls wearing his varsity jacket, two girls on his arms, and everyone swooning as he walks by. I'm thinking something like when Jata showed up to Babylon Gardens but with teenage girls.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adoring Fan

Post by Adoring Fan »

Wait... wasn't the wolf family working for Keene as security?
Image Image
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Adoring Fan wrote:Wait... wasn't the wolf family working for Keene as security?
Yeah, but they got "let go" so they could normalize with humans. Lana said "We're taking all wolves off mansion security detail."
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

fenrirblack wrote:
Yeah, but they got "let go" so they could normalize with humans. Lana said "We're taking all wolves off mansion security detail."
Beginning of the arc.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Champion Wallace

D-Rock wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
Beginning of the arc.
Actual beginning of the arc.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Oh, whoops. Weird, but I guess that's what happens when you get curious and cycle through the tabs. :oops:
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Champion Wallace

fenrirblack wrote:Could you imagine Pueblo in High School!? Maybe on the football team. Walking down the halls wearing his varsity jacket, two girls on his arms, and everyone swooning as he walks by. I'm thinking something like when Jata showed up to Babylon Gardens but with teenage girls.
Something to remember is Pueblo is only a cub and disgusted by romance so that scenario wouldn't be likely nor appropriate present day. If this would be after Pueblo has grown up, then he wouldn't have his cuteness and would be no more adept then the wolf cubs are now.