2018/10/03 - Parent Teacher Association

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/10/03 - Parent Teacher Association

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/10/03 - Parent Teacher Association]
Title Text: please, Mr. The Wolf is my father. I mean, not THAT Mr. The Wolf.

Same species, last name, and time of first attendance are totally a coincidence.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/10/03 - Parent Teacher Association

Post by Saturn381 »

Rockstar: Just ignore him, and everything will be over quick.
007a83

Post by 007a83 »

Xane wrote:Should be laws against letting parents be their kids' teachers... it's just too embarassing!
Na. A parent being able to embarrass their kids is most powerful tool they have.
-NIC
I'm a Wah.
ImageImageImage
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Ha nursing, called it. Point for Fenrir.
Point for D-Rock for calling the whole “Miles checking on Gale” thing.

On a different note. Miles teaching and the cubs in school. :D I feel tears. I still think Miles can pull off tweed though. Something to think about for the future.

The cubs and Miles in Public School. Wow! Either they are really excepting in _____ville or Lana is really good at her job. I guess it still could be private school but no uniforms makes me doubt that.

Dear Dog! I hate “Mr. The Wolf” it is like daggers in my eyes and ears!

Huh, you know the kids shirt reminds me of Joel’s from back in the day. Green with yellow.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Maybe he could have gone the route of Animalia, where every animal had a middle initial of "T."

"T" means "The." :lol:
Char89Charizard

Post by Char89Charizard »

Well at least Gale and Miles are on speaking terms.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Poor Rockstar.

I wonder if Pueblo's in School?

So they’re back on speaking terms,
it’s better than throttling terms at least.
Human ways are still unusual;
they make no sense to man or beast.
Threatening with the aim of helping;
hurting those you may wish to save.
It’s not the way Gale wants to do it
but, for Pueblo, she’s gonna be brave.
Miles is off to embarrass his boys,
teaching them more than Wolf things.
Will they listen to him? Who knows?
He’s only a teacher when bells ring.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Wonder why and when Miles picked up that necklace he’s sporting? Regardless, there’s something kinda adorable about that last panel, probably just the fact you can already tell the younger wolves are adjusting pretty similarly to regular students to the school. It weird I’m hoping after the light suggestion of him being more intelligent than his brothers with how he and Poncho were the only wolves that Gale didn’t immediately humiliate, that North Star might be shown to be the most book smart of the trio
yugijak

Post by yugijak »

Honestly I find it really smart of her to establish a strong business experience before going into any form of medicine.

That at least might help take some of the stress off.

Also the idea of a cougar practicing medicine is giving me flashes of Persona and I don't know why.

But seriously if she goes into medicine she'll need every ounce of her predator instincts, and probably mothering ones to. It's a rough business. And not just for being as cutthroat as it is when it comes to reputation.

Reputation is a GIGANTIC factor definitely, but there's also an immense amount of pride to combat on top of the actual business itself.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:Wonder why and when Miles picked up that necklace he’s sporting

Seriously, it’s the same tag they’ve always worn when theyre in public that lets people know they’re not feral or dangerous. Like a dog tag. I assume it has their personal info on it.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Whelp they are just going to have the most awkward school years ever for a while.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Can´t say I understand you Rockstar... also, are all the wolves in the same grade?
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I've never been so proud of Rockstar than I am right now. To be able to pull off that level of teen angst in one shot. He's grown up before our eyes. It feels like only yesterday he was saying "Get em boys." I think I feel more tears coming.

On a different more personal note. More power to Miles for taking a job as a substitute teacher. I was a substitute teacher for a year. It was horrible. Like the most horrible thing. Now I wonder if he's a regular sub or a long-term sub. I can totally imagine the faculty meeting at the beginning of the year and the principal saying "Okay, this year we will be accepting "feral" wolves into the school." Then some of the teachers standing up and saying "See ya."
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Gbr23 wrote:Can´t say I understand you Rockstar... also, are all the wolves in the same grade?
Probably, They should be the same age.

I like the wolf skull T-shirt. Subtle take on a classic.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Hang on. Do you see what I see?
Attachments
Housepets_Comics_Year_1.png
Housepets_Comics_Year_1.png (51.58 KiB) Viewed 10442 times
Housepets__–_dogs_and_cats_living_together__mass_hysteria_.png
Housepets__–_dogs_and_cats_living_together__mass_hysteria_.png (79.28 KiB) Viewed 10442 times
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Not quite, The one on the shirt is more stylized. Also, since most animals in this universe have more forward facing eyes, it's slightly more difficult to guess species from just the skull shape.

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Have Gale and Miles not talked in 6 months or did Miles do something after the camping trip to enrage her again (also, good to see Miles is in good health)? To the point of Gale might have below average vision, something to note is the glasses that materialized on her face between strips (or she had them in a drawer). Nice job obscuring the human face in the last panel. At this point even I have to admit that it's not a coincidence that people use the same denomination (Mr./Mrs. the Wolf) and that is their legal name. I guess King got the last name Milton because he needed a new one, but the wolf pack had a last name in the wild and it literally was "the Wolf" (makes you wonder what King would say his last name is after he was transformed but before he was in the ECP because when he tries to say "Joel" it comes out as "King". If he tried to say "I'm Joel Robinson", would he say "I'm King Robinson", "I'm King Griffin", "I'm Joel" (end of sentence), or something different?).
Xane wrote:Should be laws against letting parents be their kids' teachers... it's just too embarassing!
This is only a sample size of one, but I know someone who in elementary school had their mother substitute for their class and they didn't find it embarrassing.
D-Rock wrote:Maybe he could have gone the route of Animalia, where every animal had a middle initial of "T."

"T" means "The." :lol:
I would like to direct you to this post.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:I would like to direct you here.
That picture still makes me laugh. I still stand by that statement and the following statement. Now those second two pics hold even more meaning than before.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Geez, trying to make a joke...
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:The cubs and Miles in Public School. Wow! Either they are really excepting in _____ville or Lana is really good at her job. I guess it still could be private school but no uniforms makes me doubt that.
I believe the name of the location your looking for is "Babylon Gardens". Possibly more telling of how accepting the people are than the fact that the school accepted a wolf teacher and wolf students, is the fact that the student is unfazed by a wolf teacher and wolf classmates. How long do you think until one of the cubs replies to a teacher "Yes I was raised by wolfs, what did you expect"?
Gameb18oy wrote:It weird I’m hoping after the light suggestion of him being more intelligent than his brothers with how he and Poncho were the only wolves that Gale didn’t immediately humiliate, that North Star might be shown to be the most book smart of the trio
One, the cub in this strip is Rockstar Leadership Hawk (would his last name be "Hawk" instead of "The Wolf"?). Two, North Star wasn't demonstrated to be any wiser then the other cubs. He wasn't at all suspicious of Gale's trap if until Poncho explained to him what was unnatural. During the entire trip his only contribution was what he learned from "Wilderness Survival Simulator 2015".
fenrirblack wrote:I've never been so proud of Rockstar than I am right now. To be able to pull off that level of teen angst in one shot. He's grown up before our eyes. It feels like only yesterday he was saying "Get em boys." I think I feel more tears coming.
Wasn't Rockstar's first line "Alright boys, grab him!"?
Bandit1990 wrote:
Gbr23 wrote:Can´t say I understand you Rockstar... also, are all the wolves in the same grade?
Wolfs in the wild give birth to litters of several pups at a time, and it's unlikely that Miles would get Lucretia pregnant again after how well Gale received it the first time, so the most likely situation is Miles' Cubs are fraternal triplets (I wonder if there's ever any drama like "I should decide because I'm the oldest" "By two minutes!").
The cape comes with the promotion.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Champion Wallace wrote:I believe the name of the location your looking for is "Babylon Gardens".
That plays on something I was wondering for a while. Babylon Gardens is the name of the community built by Henry Milton around the mansion. We've seen glimpses of a larger city/town nearby, but we've yet to get a name for it. (Note: It's entirely probable that the school is inside or very near BG, however.)

Mr. Whisper

Post by Mr. Whisper »

I see Gale has a pair of foldable reading glasses. She's going to end up with a bald spot on her nose.
Soerix

Post by Soerix »

Miles is so cute as a father teacher :) And it's a job that really suits him!
And poor Rockstar who's embarrassed XD

Also, good to see Gale is starting to forgive Miles. Even though it should be Miles who should be trying to forgive Gale for taking it way out of proportion by trying to kill him in front of his whole kidnapped wolf family. But it seems he doesn't blame her at all.

I wonder if Lucretia has stayed a housewife, or if she found a job too? Can't wait to see what jobs she and the others have found ^^
Argent

Post by Argent »

So, it's been a while since Rick has done the "show humans from the mouth down" thing.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I have to be honest, I still don’t understand Gale’s beef with Miles.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Macsen wrote:I have to be honest, I still don’t understand Gale’s beef with Miles.
I think her problem was how Miles and she agreed not to have families (or at least pups and cubs) because there wasn't enough prey to feed all of them and then suddenly Miles got Lucretia pregnant, while Gale did everything to hold on on that agreement. It seems the wolves suddenly moving away also hurt her, since she was close friends to the wolves. Also I guess it has also to do with how she got that scar in her face.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:The cubs and Miles in Public School. Wow! Either they are really excepting in _____ville or Lana is really good at her job. I guess it still could be private school but no uniforms makes me doubt that.
I believe the name of the location your looking for is "Babylon Gardens". Possibly more telling of how accepting the people are than the fact that the school accepted a wolf teacher and wolf students, is the fact that the student is unfazed by a wolf teacher and wolf classmates. How long do you think until one of the cubs replies to a teacher "Yes I was raised by wolfs, what did you expect"?
Teacher: “I don’t care if you were raised by headless chickens, we do not mark our desks!
Maybe it’s a good thing North Star changed his name from Deathaxe. I doubt that would go over to well with the faculty.
Champion Wallace wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:I've never been so proud of Rockstar than I am right now. To be able to pull off that level of teen angst in one shot. He's grown up before our eyes. It feels like only yesterday he was saying "Get em boys." I think I feel more tears coming.
Wasn't Rockstar's first line "Alright boys, grab him!"?
Aww man, the one time I don’t double check and I got it wrong.

Champion Wallace wrote:
Bandit1990 wrote:
Wolfs in the wild give birth to litters of several pups at a time, and it's unlikely that Miles would get Lucretia pregnant again after how well Gale received it the first time, so the most likely situation is Miles' Cubs are fraternal triplets (I wonder if there's ever any drama like "I should decide because I'm the oldest" "By two minutes!").
Doubtful, Rockstar has always been the leader of the three. Whether that means he’s the oldest or not who knows. He’s not called Rockstar Leadership Hawk for nothing.
Bandit1990 wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:I believe the name of the location your looking for is "Babylon Gardens".
That plays on something I was wondering for a while. Babylon Gardens is the name of the community built by Henry Milton around the mansion. We've seen glimpses of a larger city/town nearby, but we've yet to get a name for it. (Note: It's entirely probable that the school is inside or very near BG, however.)
Near maybe but not inside. One there are like zero kids in the neighborhood. Two why would an industrialist build a public school in a neighborhood designed for pets and their families? It is strange that we’ve never gotten the name of the actual city.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Argent

Post by Argent »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:It seems the wolves suddenly moving away also hurt her, since she was close friends to the wolves. Also I guess it has also to do with how she got that scar in her face.
So Gale said this:

And Miles took her seriously, and left, and Gale was all:

And Miles is all:

fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I love Gales attitude about making money. “Seems dumb but whatever.” She’s so ignorant to the ways of the world. The human world is so much different than the wild. “It’s about spending money to buy things to stuff into the giant black sucking hole in the center of each of us that reminds us life is hard and then we die.”

On a lighter note, I just want to have that last panel framed on my wall.

And you what’s really funny about that scene is the fact that Rockstar actually resembles Miles more than his brothers. “Yeah, he’s totally not my father.” “But you look just like him.” “You look like every other human in this school, so there.”
And then there’s what North Star said, “What’s so great about sitting around letting a human tell you boring things all day!” “Okay, if you feel that way then your father can be your teacher.” And let’s not forget it was North Star who made this
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I’m not sure she was talking about concept of money, but honestly, not like I disagree, it’s a weird concept to say the least when you actually think about it. Wondering if she’d say the same thing about stuff like the Internet, television, maybe the education system, especially if Pueblo is having any encounters with them. I pray he’s been kept away from the Internet for at least a bit of his time in civilization
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Finally! School!

also, never noticed until Argent pointed it out that she did infact tell him to never show his face again. Gale is a tsundre.

"I want you to leave and never come back. AT LEAST SAY GOODBYE YOU JERK. Ok, that's it, you're gonna die for that."
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
StarStorm

Post by StarStorm »

So uh, question. Who looks at nursing school and decides it's so expensive that they go "screw that I'll just take over a part of the economy"?

Gale. Gale, that's who.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Eh, I can relate you, Gale. ;) Aww, Miles, why are you still thinking so? It's good that those old grudges are fading away. :) Oh, right, Gale could do a nursing course, since she showed to be good with needle and thread. :P Eh, she suddenly got it: you need money for that course... Good luck with following your wishes. :) Ah, it's cool to finally see professor Miles. :D Eheh, his sons are now forced to go to school, and he can always have a look of them, too. Perfect. :P
Frank

Post by Frank »

There kind of are, they call it conflict of interest. But since the situation arises usually when there's no other option, it's not like anyone's going to try to enforce it
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Is anyone else bothered by the way this chapter ended? The time skip really throws me off because I feel like it could have waited two weeks. This week and next week could have been spent wrapping up the story with them in the woods and actually see them go home with King and co. the next day. One week if you cut out the Long overdue conversation parts.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Bandit1990 wrote:
This may not be it, but the name of the city/town is River Ridge if the zoo, the wolves went to, indicate.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

There it is! Good catch!

Ok, unless it's specifically refuted that's now my headcanon. :D

fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Bandit1990 wrote:There it is! Good catch!

Ok, unless it's specifically refuted that's now my headcanon. :D
I hate to burst your bubble but that’s no different from the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia SC.
Argent

Post by Argent »

I think it's just descriptive of the topography. There's also an "east ridge" in the area.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Fair points,

Still, it's as good a name as any, and if I ever do get around to starting that RPG I'm going to need one.