2018/10/24 - Take This Object

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/10/24 - Take This Object

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/10/24 - Take This Object]
Title Text: Still haven't managed to get the rest of the new release sticker off

Every time it returned, it was returned later and later, with each excuse more terrible than the last. The late fees. THE LATE FEES!!!
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/10/24 - Take This Object

Post by Saturn381 »

It's Movie 43 in that case. :lol:
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Yeah those stickers just don't come off.

An unlisted, unlabeled DVD with an ominous backstory...... Say hi to Samara for me Peanut! :P

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Cursed? Oh come on Grape, there are no such thing as cursed objects, sure there are Demigods, magi(k)c temples, actual mana, gargoyles, martens brought back from the dead, but cursed objects? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

REALLY... Cursed? Why would a strange blank dvd hidden in secret basement of a mysterious video store owned by a man with a major unibrow problem on Halloween night be cursed? What is this a Stephen King novel?
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

I bet the reason why those circumstances are so terrible is because it's a really bad movie. Better rant something else :lol:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Down in the dungeon,
#with a familiar half sticker,
terror comes in shiny form
and then you have the kicker.
No label on the DVD,
no hope to tell what’s on.
It could be Barney or Saw,
Tinkerbelle or Megatron.
Any fear you had is here,
contained in this case.
It’s not cursed at all, dear Cat…
What, don’t you trust this face?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Gbr23 wrote:Cursed? Oh come on Grape, there are no such thing as cursed objects, sure there are Demigods, magi(k)c temples, actual mana, gargoyles, martens brought back from the dead, but cursed objects? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa
Actually I think there was a curse at one point or another. It think it had something to do with the Aztec jaguar ghost.

So who knows. With this kind of track record that DVD very well could be cursed. Though I think Rick is taking a break from the supernatural these days.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

leinglo wrote:
Gbr23 wrote:Cursed? Oh come on Grape, there are no such thing as cursed objects, sure there are Demigods, magi(k)c temples, actual mana, gargoyles, martens brought back from the dead, but cursed objects? Naaaaaaaaaaaaa
Actually I think there was a curse at one point or another. It think it had something to do with the Aztec jaguar ghost.

So who knows. With this kind of track record that DVD very well could be cursed. Though I think Rick is taking a break from the supernatural these days.
I mean sure there are cursed coins but cursed DVD’s, nah. You must be thinking of cursed VHS tapes.

I hope they’re smart enough to ask Tarot to examine it before watching it. You know just to be on the safe side.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

It's cut off my the top of the panel, but does anyone else think he was in the middle of panting some symbol on the wall (one that may or may not summon jaguar ghosts). To me, nothing about that looks like how you'd normally paint a room. If any of you need more things to make crazy theories about (can you ever have too many crazy theories), the candles on the bottom left of the first panel look awfully grape colored, wouldn't you agree.
The cape comes with the promotion.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ah, Peanut so naive and trusting. You would think he would learn at least a little bit from dating Tarot for this long.
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

It's Joel's personal copy of "Oh, Heavenly Dog!" "You watch the tape, you share Chevy's fate."
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:It's cut off my the top of the panel, but does anyone else think he was in the middle of panting some symbol on the wall (one that may or may not summon jaguar ghosts). To me, nothing about that looks like how you'd normally paint a room. If any of you need more things to make crazy theories about (can you ever have too many crazy theories), the candles on the bottom left of the first panel look awfully grape colored, wouldn't you agree.
Yeah, I think was trying to summon something a lot worse than jaguar ghosts. I mean we’ve seen the underworld so I’m sure anyone of those demons would love to claw their way into the mortal realm. I’ve seen enough episodes of “Supernatural” and “Charmed” to recognize trouble.
IceKitsune wrote:Ah, Peanut so naive and trusting. You would think he would learn at least a little bit from dating Tarot for this long.
I love Peanuts face when he see the table with the skull. For someone so smart he sure is dense. How is it that Grape, the cat that didn’t even know how video stores work or what a VHS is, somehow can tell that DVD is cursed?
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Champion Wallace wrote:It's cut off my the top of the panel, but does anyone else think he was in the middle of panting some symbol on the wall (one that may or may not summon jaguar ghosts). To me, nothing about that looks like how you'd normally paint a room..
Looks kinda like the Amazon 'smile' to me...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Ya know, the video store clerk didn't actually say what movie is on that disc. Just because it's missing it's label doesn't mean it's impossible to remember what it is, especially if it is memorable enough to have a cryptic history. Besides, even if it's missing its original box, unless it's pirated or not an official production, the disc itself should say the name of the movie (even if graphic design for discs has gotten really lazy in past years in my opinion).
fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:It's cut off my the top of the panel, but does anyone else think he was in the middle of panting some symbol on the wall (one that may or may not summon jaguar ghosts). To me, nothing about that looks like how you'd normally paint a room. If any of you need more things to make crazy theories about (can you ever have too many crazy theories), the candles on the bottom left of the first panel look awfully grape colored, wouldn't you agree.
Yeah, I think was trying to summon something a lot worse than jaguar ghosts. I mean we’ve seen the underworld so I’m sure anyone of those demons would love to claw their way into the mortal realm. I’ve seen enough episodes of “Supernatural” and “Charmed” to recognize trouble.
You're right. For all we know, the video store clerk might be having them fill out surveys. If Video Palace does have a way for demons to come from Pandemonium, I would like to believe it's there for costumer access. How else is a demon going to watch All Dogs go to Heaven?
The cape comes with the promotion.
Discostew

Post by Discostew »

Man: Beware, this DVD comes with a terrible curse.
Peanut: Oh, that's bad....
Man: But it comes with a free hug!
Peanut: That's good!
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Whatever's being painted, it's very rough and appears to be unfinished. Any kind of magic or arcane glyph would have something else visible inside.
Champion Wallace wrote:Ya know, the video store clerk didn't actually say what movie is on that disc. Just because it's missing it's label doesn't mean it's impossible to remember what it is, especially if it is memorable enough to have a cryptic history. Besides, even if it's missing its original box, unless it's pirated or not an official production, the disc itself should say the name of the movie (even if graphic design for discs has gotten really lazy in past years in my opinion).
It's one of those double sided discs with the title in TINY print around the center spindle.
Last edited by Bandit1990 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:Ya know, the video store clerk didn't actually say what movie is on that disc. Just because it's missing it's label doesn't mean it's impossible to remember what it is, especially if it is memorable enough to have a cryptic history. Besides, even if it's missing its original box, unless it's pirated or not an official production, the disc itself should say the name of the movie (even if graphic design for discs has gotten really lazy in past years in my opinion).
We won’t even find out the title of the movie until next week. The next strip will just be them checking out of the store and heading home with the clerk giving them one final ominous warning or comment about their forthcoming doom. They’ll probably be a joke about the rental fee or late fee.
Champion Wallace wrote:You're right. For all we know, the video store clerk might be having them fill out surveys. If Video Palace does have a way for demons to come from Pandemonium, I would like to believe it's there for costumer access. How else is a demon going to watch All Dogs go to Heaven?
I figured they would be more interested in “Friday the 13th Part 9”
Connorses

Post by Connorses »

These guys have been through what is essentially a DnD campaign with real monsters. They should have learned by now to do something that a GM wouldn't expect instead of walking right into the plot.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:It's cut off my the top of the panel, but does anyone else think he was in the middle of panting some symbol on the wall (one that may or may not summon jaguar ghosts). To me, nothing about that looks like how you'd normally paint a room..
Looks kinda like the Amazon 'smile' to me...
looks like The Ring
fenrirblack wrote:I mean we’ve seen the underworld so I’m sure anyone of those demons would love to claw their way into the mortal realm.
forget them, there's one who already did it, this could summon him.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
killerman33

Post by killerman33 »

Wait, i just noticed that they are wearing leashes...but their owners/parents are not with them? Is there a law in universe where they have to wear leashes?

I might have missed it
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

A DVD that looks like trouble, sounds like trouble, and barely has it's new release sticker on it.

We're either talking Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within or Bino starring in a movie.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Yamitora1

Post by Yamitora1 »

oh the early 2000s, when 25% of dvd collections had said stickers on them
tychoaussie

Post by tychoaussie »

I fear Grape and Peanut are about to get Jumanjiied ....
Fun-loving by birth, Honorable through upbringing, Brave by necessity.
Argent

Post by Argent »

fenrirblack wrote:I love Peanuts face when he see the table with the skull.
Oh, I guess that could be a skull.
killerman33 wrote:Wait, i just noticed that they are wearing leashes...but their owners/parents are not with them? Is there a law in universe where they have to wear leashes?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
We won’t even find out the title of the movie until next week. The next strip will just be them checking out of the store and heading home with the clerk giving them one final ominous warning or comment about their forthcoming doom. They’ll probably be a joke about the rental fee or late fee.
Champion Wallace wrote:You're right. For all we know, the video store clerk might be having them fill out surveys. If Video Palace does have a way for demons to come from Pandemonium, I would like to believe it's there for costumer access. How else is a demon going to watch All Dogs go to Heaven?
I figured they would be more interested in “Friday the 13th Part 9”
I don’t know, I think this one is just meant to last October, so Rick may speed it up so he can get the most out of whatever video he intends to make fun of. I’m personally hoping he just handed them “Manos the hand of fate” without the MST3K commentary that makes it watchable
yugijak

Post by yugijak »

So...who's expecting that the store clerk is really Kitsune up to some Halloween tricks?

If he's NOT somehow involved I'll be truly shocked because he's been gone for a LONG time now.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

yugijak wrote:So...who's expecting that the store clerk is really Kitsune up to some Halloween tricks?

If he's NOT somehow involved I'll be truly shocked because he's been gone for a LONG time now.
Meh, Kitsune is a bit more attention hungry in his appearances, Pete might have gone to that level, but I don’t think Kitsune is one for disguises. Will say, I wonder what a demigod would dress up as for Halloween regardless
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The movie title …….. ? Oh, please, don't let it be "Alvin and the Chipmunks meet Freddie Krueger." Please, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo……………………………………. !
Frank

Post by Frank »

...actually a Chipmunk's cover of "This is Halloween" sounds like a really good idea

And is that a Grape Jelly scented candle?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Cat or condiment?
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

For a secret, unlisted collection, that space has a very retail layout. How many poeple does he bring down here?

fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Bandit1990 wrote:For a secret, unlisted collection, that space has a very retail layout. How many poeple does he bring down here?
Maybe he’s just OCD.
Gameb18oy wrote:
yugijak wrote:So...who's expecting that the store clerk is really Kitsune up to some Halloween tricks?

Meh, Kitsune is a bit more attention hungry in his appearances, Pete might have gone to that level, but I don’t think Kitsune is one for disguises. Will say, I wonder what a demigod would dress up as for Halloween regardless
Maybe not good disguises. ;)
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

What a weird way to keep DVD collections to don't show to the public. :P What should mean that white paint? An unlabelled movie... Erm, what is the funny man really giving them? :? What he said is not at all reassuring... Grape is right thinking so exaggerated. :roll:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote: I don’t know, I think this one is just meant to last through October, so Rick may speed it up so he can get the most out of whatever video he intends to make fun of. I’m personally hoping he just handed them “Manos the hand of fate” without the MST3K commentary that makes it watchable
Let's break this down with a Timeline Theory! :D
Halloween is one week from now. That means we have *drum roll* THREE STRIPS LEFT!

Oct 26:Check out of the store
Oct 29:Play movie. Oh no it's cursed! or Oh no it's one big joke!
Oct 31:Go to return movie but wait the store has mysteriously disappeared! OOOOOOHHH! or they put in the DROOOOP BOOOOX and then it mysteriously disappears when they're not looking.

Honestly, I'm hoping they're going to unleash some unspeakable evil that was imprisoned in the disc and spend the rest of the night in a haunted house/slasher film type scenario. Then go to return the movie and find that the store has mysteriously vanished. OOOOOOHHH!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: I don’t know, I think this one is just meant to last through October, so Rick may speed it up so he can get the most out of whatever video he intends to make fun of. I’m personally hoping he just handed them “Manos the hand of fate” without the MST3K commentary that makes it watchable
Halloween is one week from now. That means we have *drum roll* THREE STRIPS LEFT!

Oct 31:Go to return movie but wait the store has mysteriously disappeared! OOOOOOHHH! or they put in the DROOOOP BOOOOX and then it mysteriously disappears when they're not looking.

Honestly, I'm hoping they're going to unleash some unspeakable evil that was imprisoned in the disc and spend the rest of the night in a haunted house/slasher film type scenario. Then go to return the movie and find that the store has mysteriously vanished. OOOOOOHHH!
Could be Demon got a job working there, anyone who watches the film gets stuck with him for as long as they don’t pay a late fee
FlanDab

Post by FlanDab »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:

Could be Demon got a job working there, anyone who watches the film gets stuck with him for as long as they don’t pay a late fee
What if the disc IS Demon? Just imagine them popping the disc inside the player and Demon pops out of thin air like a genie.
"A picture is worth a thousand words, but a word can paint a thousand pictures."
Pierre - 0047ab | Wazan - FF0040

May I interest you in my RP, the Imaginarium?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Just an opportunity to say ... don'tcha love the little details Rick slips into his work? Like the torn circular red sticker on the DVD cartridge ... the store apparently tried to dump this flikker and no one bought it...

... oooooooor ... did someone buy it and, after some horrible phenomena erupted, returned it? Oooooor ... did it return ON ITS OWN?
Aimless

Post by Aimless »

I just spent every free moment ofthe last three days by reading this comic from start to finish.
Every time I close my eyes I am seeing characters from the book. Help.
Am I doing this right? Please tell me how terrible I am at posting by calling 1800-fakephone or leaving a private message that I can't read.Thanks!
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Aimless wrote:I just spent every free moment ofthe last three days by reading this comic from start to finish.
Every time I close my eyes I am seeing characters from the book. Help.
Oh don’t worry, that’s an oddly normal experience, I think I got caught up after around a week myself, also, welcome to the forum friend, hope you enjoy interacting here