2018/11/14 - Never Too Late For Tricks Or Treats

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/11/14 - Never Too Late For Tricks Or Treats

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/11/14 - Never Too Late For Tricks Or Treats]
Title Text: nani!? I mean...I didn't hear what you said

Better late than never. I'm sure there's a good chance that everyone will still have candy. Those things fly off the shelves after Halloween.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2018/11/14 - Never Too Late For Tricks Or Treats

Post by Saturn381 »

D-Rock wrote:Better late than never. I'm sure there's a good chance that everyone will still have candy. Those things fly off the shelves after Halloween.
Unless the candy's outdated of course. :P
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Xane wrote:"You realize we could have just gone as ourselves?"
They did, right? Isn't that the costume joke?

I mean, I'll admit that Fist of the Northstar Reference went right over my head, but the other two seem fairly self explanatory, and I think I have the fur patterns down.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

So Darth Vader Sanchez is going as Darth Vader, Rockstar Hawk is going as a hawk crossed with a member of the rock band Kiss, but what is North Star dressed as (and probably related to that, why the Japanese in the title text)?
The cape comes with the promotion.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

:lol: Oh! I am dumb! That makes it even better :D

Edit: @Wallace: North Star is going as Kenshiro, the main character from the "Fist of the North Star" manga/anime
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Champion Wallace wrote:So Darth Vader Sanchez is going as Darth Vader, Rockstar Hawk is going as a hawk crossed with a member of the rock band Kiss, but what is North Star dressed as (and probably related to that, why the Japanese in the title text)?
Kenshiro, character from the anime, Fist of the North Star. This was North Star's entire reason for choosing his name, as Kenshiro knows a set of techniques that, in essence, makes people explode by punches, sometimes kicks, or completely stun them. Or have them deliver a message to their boss against their will.

What little of the show I've seen, it was weird.

Here he was trying to say "Omae wa mou shindeiru," which is basically Kenshiro's catchphrase right before the people explode in the original Japanese. Often translated as "you are already dead."
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Arkkus has Wolves on a walk,
seeing what goods they can grab;
wearing the clothes of the night,
hoping Dad has the gift of the gab.
Going door to door with bags,
Miles needs to be good with chat
or else several worried residents
will call for police to arrive stat!
The boys don’t want to be out,
they’d rather be in on the computer.
Besides, in the grand scheme of it
isn’t uncle Jack the best looter?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Miles, you can't relive your childhood, especially the one you never had ... Wonder if they're stopping at Keene and Breel's place?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I shall treasure the vision of those three dressed up as their namesakes FOREVER!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Sanchez needs to get ready for PikaVee.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Miles, you can't relive your childhood, especially the one you never had ... Wonder if they're stopping at Keene and Breel's place?
Considering Keene seems like the type to dump money into a trick or treaters basket, this might be secretly why Miles is doing this, he’s probably just discovered how bad a salary teachers get
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Nothin's too good for our teachers, but that's what we'll pay `em anyways...
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

D-Rock wrote:Kenshiro, character from the anime, Fist of the North Star. This was North Star's entire reason for choosing his name, as Kenshiro knows a set of techniques that, in essence, makes people explode by punches, sometimes kicks, or completely stun them. Or have them deliver a message to their boss against their will.

Here he was trying to say "Omae wa mou shindeiru," which is basically Kenshiro's catchphrase right before the people explode in the original Japanese. Often translated as "you are already dead."
Oh! I thought he has named himself after the North Star... Must have missed the info, or ignored and forgot about it because I have no idea of animes.

And I think I'll just not translate that weird Japanese like stuff.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

It's already too late for that moment, but it's ok for you young wolves, just because of the nice costumes that fit your names. :D Ah, so the camping trip (with the related misadventures :P) has been long enough to let you miss Halloween time. What a shame. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought that DVS was the leader at least unofficially? In that strip it looks like Rockstar is the leader.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Miles walking around with probably no pants on on Halloween night. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Render wrote:
D-Rock wrote:Kenshiro, character from the anime, Fist of the North Star. This was North Star's entire reason for choosing his name, as Kenshiro knows a set of techniques that, in essence, makes people explode by punches, sometimes kicks, or completely stun them. Or have them deliver a message to their boss against their will.

Oh! I thought he has named himself after the North Star... Must have missed the info, or ignored and forgot about it because I have no idea of animes.

I'd post the strip here, but can't anymore, for some reason.
And Kenshiro.

Also, no one else noticed that it looks like they killed Skip the Hawk for Rockstar's costume?
Elwood Blutarsky

Post by Elwood Blutarsky »

That's hilarious with the wolves' names getting literal.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

D-Rock wrote:
Render wrote:

I'd post the strip here, but can't anymore, for some reason.
And Kenshiro.

Also, no one else noticed that it looks like they killed Skip the Hawk for Rockstar's costume?
So does that mean that Joey and North Star could bond over anime? I forgot that he picked his name as a reference to the Fist of the North Star.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that Joey might be a little too weird for North Star. XD
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that Joey might be a little too weird for North Star. XD
Maybe Joey at his introduction point, but aside from dating a mouse, his weird traits mostly died down till he basically became a nerd with some charm.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm still thinking that he won't want to associate with Joey due to his friends which are creepy for some reason.
Champion Wallace

D-Rock wrote:Also, no one else noticed that it looks like they killed Skip the Hawk for Rockstar's costume?
It's hard to tell and there aren't good reference points, but I think Rockstar's hat is too small to be Skip's head.
Gameb18oy wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:I think that Joey might be a little too weird for North Star. XD
Maybe Joey at his introduction point, but aside from dating a mouse, his weird traits mostly died down till he basically became a nerd with some charm.
ImageImage
Yea, no kidding. I wonder if Lester would be the perfect amount of nerdy fo him?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:
D-Rock wrote:Also, no one else noticed that it looks like they killed Skip the Hawk for Rockstar's costume?
It's hard to tell and there aren't good reference points, but I think Rockstar's hat is too small to be Skip's head.
Gameb18oy wrote:
ImageImage
Yea, no kidding. I wonder if Lester would be the perfect amount of nerdy fo him?
You’re kidding right? Lester is the type of nerdy fan who calls you an idiot just for not liking the same things as him. It’s a miracle Joey and that Dalmatian put up with him. Bino and he make more sense as friends
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I'm not sure Joey and Dallas put up with him. They're just too gentle to chase him off. (Well, let's be fair … they did do "Team Nerds" pretty well in the last Temple Crashers.)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wasn't it supposed to be Dallas that was the creepy one?
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Wasn't it supposed to be Dallas that was the creepy one?
He was?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

At least that is what I remember from the former character bios on the site but I may be misremembering.
Champion Wallace

For some reason I imagine North Star would be more hardcore into anime.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:At least that is what I remember from the former character bios on the site but I may be misremembering.
the old cast page lumped both Dallas and Lester into the same category, “Joey’s Creepy Friends: Into the same stuff that Joey is, but far, far worse. Don’t ask.”. I don't think Dallas even had a name before the cast page went defunct.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Champion Wallace wrote:For some reason I imagine North Star would be more hardcore into anime.
Amazee Dayzee wrote:At least that is what I remember from the former character bios on the site but I may be misremembering.
the old cast page lumped both Dallas and Lester into the same category, “Joey’s Creepy Friends: Into the same stuff that Joey is, but far, far worse. Don’t ask.”. I don't think Dallas even had a name before the cast page went defunct.
... I wish I could have seen the cast page. But man, it’s bizarre how much of a 180 the nerds made compared to most of the other characters. Maybe Rick started to sympathize overtime? Whatever the reason, I think it was a good change, Joey is honestly one of my favorite characters, behind some of the best like King, Res, and of course, Mungo
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think that they just evolved over time as they grew up and lost some of their more childish traits. This is a comic that has been going on for a decade and even though a decade hasn't passed in the comic, people would expect characters to mature over time.