2018/11/26 - Give ‘Em The Boot

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2018/11/26 - Give ‘Em The Boot

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yay Kevin! I was worried that we wouldn't end up seeing him again! Glad to see he is back.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Yay Kevin! I was worried that we wouldn't end up seeing him again! Glad to see he is back.
I don’t think he’s the type to get jealous, but considering Mungo is clearly the strongest member of the K-9 unit, you think he gets competitive with him?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

That’s actually a good question. Those two have never been seen interacting with one another. Mungo’s so nice and carefree while Kevin is dense as a cement block. Those two would either be best friends or at each other’s throats.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Jakkal wrote:Wait, they are just the K-9. Have they even the permission to act against traffic-violations of humans?
If he can, then either that comes with he rank of Sargent, or things have changed since the earlier days of the comic. Ralph might be able to arrest a collarless cat inside for truancy, but I don't think that would gain any traction.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I think it’s one of those things where not supposed to question it. But on the other hand (I’m totally going to question it) I do think that things have changed just from what we saw from the Real stories of the K9PD where they do have a larger role on the force than previously indicated. If I had to guess I would say Keene probably played a large role in that change. If nothing else than by opening his wallet.

If nothing else the comic has changed and evolved so much over the last ten years, I would think that if Rick could go back, he would change a lot of the details such as how much authority the K9 has to make it less “realistic” and more “Housepet-ish”
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Maybe it's the ECP working off-screen. Being able to show that K-9 officers are just as capable at all aspects of police work as their human counterparts would be a big feather in the cap of the fight for animal equality.

(Every now and then when I'm reading something I get ideas for fanfics that I never end up doing anything with, and one of them was related to this idea: it involved the K9s getting restructured with Ralph promoted to Captain, with Fido and Kevin as his Lieutenants. Would have been very procedural and focused on the workings of the department. All well, The idea's out there now if anyone wants to take a crack at it :D )

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

fenrirblack wrote: or they are with a human officer and that officer is just off screen, probably enjoying the heater in the car. That would explain why they have a Club in the first place.
I think that is the most plausible explanation. They let the dogs do their stuff under supervision of their trainer/officer in duty. They have no reason to carry a club with them, since they don't look like having a lot of storage with them and not being allowed to drive. (Them allowing to drive would be a bit too much of a bend)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, they do get about on scooters. Cars are a whole different level, but who knows?

As to Mungo and Kevin being competitors … naw. Mungo's too laid back, too much of a team player. Kevin might have a bit of attitude towards him. He certainly let Fox know on more than one occasion that he'd won Sasha away from him, so he does (in my book) have a bit of a mean streak. However, since Mungo could likely beat him on his own turf (assuming Mungo ever thought that way), Kevin probably sees Mungo as an equal or even a bit of a role model. Now, if Sasha ever took a shine to Mungo, well … that'ud be a new arc! ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'd think that Kevin and Mungo don't really try to outdo each other and prove they are the superior police dog at all or even think of it and be jealous of each other. I'm sure that Mungo wouldn't think of it and Kevin wouldn't be that bright for t to even register.

Also I think that Kevin and Mungo are pretty much equivalent n the strength department. The difference is that Kevin knows how to control his strength.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'd think that Kevin and Mungo don't really try to outdo each other and prove they are the superior police dog at all or even think of it and be jealous of each other. I'm sure that Mungo wouldn't think of it and Kevin wouldn't be that bright for t to even register.

Also I think that Kevin and Mungo are pretty much equivalent n the strength department. The difference is that Kevin knows how to control his strength.
Um, not to diss Kevin, but this is like comparing an Olympic athlete to Superman, both are pretty strong, but one obviously outclasses the other.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You have your opinion and I have mine.