2018/11/26 - Give ‘Em The Boot

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/11/26 - Give ‘Em The Boot

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/11/26 -Give ‘Em The Boot]
Title Text: oh you want the STEERING WHEEL club?

Well, that's one way to keep the plot rolling.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Re: 2018/11/26 - Give ‘Em The Boot

Post by fenrirblack »

I'm surprised that Ralph even tries to do any kind of policing in Babylon Gardens. Don't the Milton's like own the police station by now?

Okay, who else immediately thought of this
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Move this truck or I’ll stop it,
take it away before I lock it.
You’re blocking a street no-one’s using…
you say it’s Keene I should be schmoozing?
You know, one day I may relent
when Kevin learns the right implement
and when to use the right club
to avoid an insurance hubbub.
I’m in charge and I’ll end the fun;
the day of Ralph has now begun.
I’ll set these lawbreakers on the right path…
Oh, come on you guys! Out of the bath!
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Ralph, come on, you looked the other way when 5 finger discount was being suspicious and you guys wanted to buy something, don’t stop the fan service before it can even start... which is especially annoying as it means the K-9 unit won’t be going in, and they have some of the characters I want to see most
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Why did they just park it in the middle of the road, rather than off to the side?
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

If someone says "there is no way this is legal" that means it's completely legal.
fenrirblack wrote:I'm surprised that Ralph even tries to do any kind of policing in Babylon Gardens. Don't the Milton's like own the police station by now?
Maybe, maybe not. Regardless of if they have the executive branch under their thumb, they still have the judicial.
The cape comes with the promotion.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Thanks for the reminders for why I don't like Keene. :P
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Not one of your best ideas Kevin.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:If someone says "there is no way this is legal" that means it's completely legal.
fenrirblack wrote:I'm surprised that Ralph even tries to do any kind of policing in Babylon Gardens. Don't the Milton's like own the police station by now?
Maybe, maybe not. Regardless of if they have the executive branch under their thumb, they still have the judicial.
I'm still think that Keene has more pull than Ralph wants to admit.
Gameb18oy wrote:Ralph, come on, you looked the other way when 5 finger discount was being suspicious and you guys wanted to buy something, don’t stop the fan service before it can even start... which is especially annoying as it means the K-9 unit won’t be going in, and they have some of the characters I want to see most
I'm going to bet that both Ralph and Kevin will end up in one of the baths by the end of the chapter. If you can't impound 'em, join 'em.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Points for trying there, Kev!
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I just love how serious sergeant Ralph is
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sasha referred to him once as "Officer Grumpy Muzzle".....
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
Champion Wallace wrote:If someone says "there is no way this is legal" that means it's completely legal.
I'm still think that Keene has more pull than Ralph wants to admit.
Gameb18oy wrote:Ralph, come on, you looked the other way when 5 finger discount was being suspicious and you guys wanted to buy something, don’t stop the fan service before it can even start... which is especially annoying as it means the K-9 unit won’t be going in, and they have some of the characters I want to see most
I'm going to bet that both Ralph and Kevin will end up in one of the baths by the end of the chapter. If you can't impound 'em, join 'em.
Yeah, and while I’m not saying I don’t want to see them... I kinda am hoping we see Mungo and Fox, Mungo for the obvious, and Fox because I have gained major respect for the pup after that comic involving his two girlfriends in heaven. I can’t believe Rick put that in even now
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Gbr23 wrote:I just love how serious sergeant Ralph is
Always on duty.

I just wonder how long it takes until he also joins Keene :mrgreen:
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
Always on duty.

He may not. Not only is he always on duty but there's a Female Feline in there...
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

Wait, they are just the K-9. Have they even the permission to act against traffic-violations of humans?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

It would appear so =3
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Jakkal wrote:Wait, they are just the K-9. Have they even the permission to act against traffic-violations of humans?
If they didn't, Ralph wouldn't.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Jakkal

Post by Jakkal »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Jakkal wrote:Wait, they are just the K-9. Have they even the permission to act against traffic-violations of humans?
If they didn't, Ralph wouldn't.
Keene is a "pet" so the human is "working" for the pet... so it may stay in their line of work. But the lines are not clear to me... especially when looking at the very first few strips .P
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:
Always on duty.

He may not. Not only is he always on duty but there's a Female Feline in there...
That’s Ralph, you’re thinking of Fido I think
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Oh, Fido would dive right in with THAT Female Feline! Ralph, however, would probably see a Lady (even if it is a Cat. I don't know how he feels about Felines)
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

You think Kevin and Sasha will finally get some on panel interactions? If there is gonna be some fan service, I do hope Rick remembers to reinforce the canon relationships before he gives some panels that awknowledge the ships he knows of
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... A Female Feline with a Friend on the Force no less. While Sarge has stated that Fido's relationship with Sabrina is no problem, officially or unofficially, I've always suspected he might be a bit prudish. Let's see if Fox and Terrance show up, too, for more complications.

Sidebar: an interesting yarn to be spun is having a female ... or a cat ... or a female cat apply to join the K9 Force.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:... A Female Feline with a Friend on the Force no less. While Sarge has stated that Fido's relationship with Sabrina is no problem, officially or unofficially, I've always suspected he might be a bit prudish. Let's see if Fox and Terrance show up, too, for more complications.

Sidebar: an interesting yarn to be spun is having a female ... or a cat ... or a female cat apply to join the K9 Force.
While it was also clearly made to be non-canon, Max actually has been drawn in the K9 outfit before, and honestly it be interesting to see the most well known nip-head of the cats join the force when we clearly know what he’s gonna use his salary (do the K-9 unit members get paid? I assume they do but don’t know) to try and get. Heck, always gonna be in favor of anything that allows Max to be a character when Grape isn’t around.
Frank

Post by Frank »

As opposed to.. traffic violations of pets?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

NHWestoN wrote:... A Female Feline with a Friend on the Force no less. While Sarge has stated that Fido's relationship with Sabrina is no problem, officially or unofficially, I've always suspected he might be a bit prudish. Let's see if Fox and Terrance show up, too, for more complications.

Fe-9 Officer Sandwich?
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:

Fe-9 Officer Sandwich?
Clearly was referring to Sabrina, but honestly... Grape as a cop honestly feels bizarrely fitting. She did rescue two kidnapping victims as far back as when she was a kitten. Maybe she could finally get a nap without Peanut coming to wake her up if she told him she was going over police work over at the precinct
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sabrina's not... always a fan of violence. Sometimes, yes, but she'd not be allowed to be on the same unit as Fido. They frown on members of the unit dating. Plus I think Grape would enjoy the viol... work.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:Sabrina's not... always a fan of violence. Sometimes, yes, but she'd not be allowed to be on the same unit as Fido. They frown on members of the unit dating. Plus I think Grape would enjoy the viol... work.
Wonder who she'd get partnered with... Pete almighty, can you imagine her and Fox having a reason to hang out in the comics because of this? Gah! This great idea is frustrating because as awesome as it could be, it likely will never happen. Definitely would be awhile before Rick could set it up even if he did consider it... And dang it, another great part of that idea came up in my head! A cat on the team would be something interesting to see Fido react to, especially considering the cat in question is technically an ex of Sabrina's :lol: Of course, all the reasons I brought up wouldn't change much with Max... We need a Fe-9 unit, even if its just a single arc, we need it
Big Fan

Post by Big Fan »

fenrirblack wrote:Okay, who else immediately thought of this
One of my favorite lines from the movie.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

You know it’s honestly surprising how little Zootopia comes up on this forum, anthromorphic animals aren’t the only similarities I feel I could find between the two worlds
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Actually, a Grape-Fox reunion could be interesting, given the directions in which both personalities have evolved. To your Zootopia point, despite the enormous enthusiasm that greeted the movie, it seemed to fade rather quickly even in Disney venues. Just "Let it Go", I guess. Frankly, it's one of my very favorite movies...…..
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Anyone else concerned that we have yet another speech bubble blocking the human's head. I thought we were past this.
Frank wrote:
As opposed to.. traffic violations of pets?
This is yet another moment where the K-9 unit is called for something that is beyond their jurisdiction. First Mungo was called for a fire and now the K-9 for whatever this is. I guess there could be two reasons for this. One they just happen upon the spa while patrolling? or they are with a human officer and that officer is just off screen, probably enjoying the heater in the car. That would explain why they have a Club in the first place. I feel like at this point whenever the station gets called for something involving Babylon Gardens they just send the K-9 no matter what the situation is.

Police Dispatcher: 9-1-1, please state your emergency.
Caller: There is a spa blocking my street.
Police Dispatcher:...I'm sorry can you repeat that?
Caller: There is an entire spa on the back of an eighteen wheeler parked in the middle of the road.
Police Dispatcher: What street is this?
Caller: Its *static* in Babylon Gardens.
Police Dispatcher: Did you say Babylon Gardens.
Caller: Yeah.
Police Dispatcher: *sigh* Okay, we'll send someone right on it.
Police Dispatcher: We have a Code Keene. Will the K-9 unit please respond?
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Well, leave that big building on the street isn't good, it's obvious to don't block the traffic. :| Isn't there any space around? The police must remove it as soon as possible, then, but Kevin isn't helping... :P Ok, Ralph will talk with Keene, but there won't be much to say, I guess. The entire thing must disappear from there... :roll:
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Gameb18oy wrote:

While it was also clearly made to be non-canon, Max actually has been drawn in the K9 outfit before, and honestly it be interesting to see the most well known nip-head of the cats join the force when we clearly know what he’s gonna use his salary (do the K-9 unit members get paid? I assume they do but don’t know) to try and get. Heck, always gonna be in favor of anything that allows Max to be a character when Grape isn’t around.
There's also an OC named Clementia, a female cat in the K9 force, in Valerio's Housepets Series fanfic which I feel need more love. :geek:
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

kavviyenta wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:

There's also an OC named Clementia, a female cat in the K9 force, in Valerio's Housepets Series fanfic which I feel need more love. :geek:
I don’t think Rick would take fanfic characters, he wouldn’t be able to write them exactly like their characters + I think we’d prefer seeing characters already established in the comic for the most part
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, the idea's hardly original (and I, too, enjoyed much of valerio's revisioning) BUT it's Rick's world and his yarn to weave. Until it's in this comic, it ain't Canon..... ;)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, how awful! *gives Kevin a treat*
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

How thoughtful! I'm not sure members of the K9 Force ever get treats..... ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yay Kevin! I was worried that we wouldn't end up seeing him again! Glad to see he is back.