2018/11/30 - Terrifying Sights

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2018/11/30 - Terrifying Sights

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Seeing Kevin be in the comic again is really making me want to start up my fanfic again but I need another co-write since the one who has been with me won't be able to be active anymore.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

Argent wrote:Great Kitsune's always naked.
Yeah, but he wears Clothes sometimes too. ;)
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:
Especially in his Kidsune guise.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:Speaking of Guests, I wonder if Great Kitsune will drop by too. I'm sure he wouldn't mind showing off all those Tails of his... :P
It would be nice if he stepped off his gilded pedestal once in a while and actually took part in the zany activities, some of which he is personally if not indirectly responsible for. Think about it, if it wasn’t for Kitsune, one Breel wouldn’t be alive again and Keene wouldn’t be living the poor life and need the spa in the first place. In a strange roundabout way this is Kitsune’s fault and therefore should show up and take some responsibility.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Argent

Post by Argent »

MrBlueSky7 wrote:
I don't think he ever wears a collar.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hutsalot

Post by Hutsalot »

fenrirblack wrote:
MrBlueSky7 wrote:Speaking of Guests, I wonder if Great Kitsune will drop by too. I'm sure he wouldn't mind showing off all those Tails of his... :P
It would be nice if he stepped off his gilded pedestal once in a while and actually took part in the zany activities, some of which he is personally if not indirectly responsible for. Think about it, if it wasn’t for Kitsune, one Breel wouldn’t be alive again and Keene wouldn’t be living the poor life and need the spa in the first place. In a strange roundabout way this is Kitsune’s fault and therefore should show up and take some responsibility.
It's always fun when he shows up!~ :lol:
I may have a slight addiction to certain shades of purple, such as #8000FF
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
I wonder what Kitsune does in this world now that he no longer is DMing games? Also, I doubt Kitsune is the type to take responsibility, though like most good DMs after getting annoyed that plans aren’t going where he wants them, figuring out how to spin events in your favor is probably something he enjoys, so maybe he’ll show up to make things more interesting
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oooh, it's like I thought: they're going to enjoy the spa, and they're already ready. ;) Eheh, Mungo looks so shy and cute with a bathrobe. :D Ahahah, Kevin! :lol: I know that Sasha somehow can be a "monster", but after all, she's just your girlfriend, come on and look at her... :P Yeah, all this situation reminds of this old one. Poor Kevin, also if this isn't another horror story, he should have got the trauma. :P
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote: I wonder what Kitsune does in this world now that he no longer is DMing games? Also, I doubt Kitsune is the type to take responsibility, though like most good DMs after getting annoyed that plans aren’t going where he wants them, figuring out how to spin events in your favor is probably something he enjoys, so maybe he’ll show up to make things more interesting
He has to keep an eye on Pete and Dragon and make sure they don’t screw up humanity or the world. Not to mention there is still the demon Keene unleashed. As a officer of heaven, it is his job to keep fiends like that from reeking havoc on the mortal planes.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I’m mildly upset Demon hasn’t shown up more, he/she was a lot of fun in their introduction and I would have liked a one-off or something just to see if they’ll have major impacts on the plot going forward or if they’ll be more of a joke kind of character. Either way, if he’s actual concerned about Demon, Kitsune as usual is impossible to read on that fact. Though we all know keeping an eye on Draig and Craig is just so he can be amused by how they’re taking being foxes for a bit... and if Kari is Kitsune’s avatar then that explains how he watching them without them most likely knowing.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:I’m mildly upset Demon hasn’t shown up more, he/she was a lot of fun in their introduction and I would have liked a one-off or something just to see if they’ll have major impacts on the plot going forward or if they’ll be more of a joke kind of character. Either way, if he’s actual concerned about Demon, Kitsune as usual is impossible to read on that fact. Though we all know keeping an eye on Draig and Craig is just so he can be amused by how they’re taking being foxes for a bit... and if Kari is Kitsune’s avatar then that explains how he watching them without them most likely knowing.
I don't think the Demon would just show up randomly. It's kinda like Pete was, shows up whenever something big is about to happen or something that effects the overall story. I would be very surprised if it doesn't show up during the last chapter of the year. It would be something about Steward, Pete/Dragon, the demon, or some combination of the three. I want to believe that the Demon is going to have a darker role in the series than even Pete or Dragon did. Be more of a threat.
You know I don't even think Kitsune needs an avatar (or that he has one but I'm not opening that can of worms) because he can get anyone to do his bidding just by being himself. Tarot going back in time, Cerberus just by being friends, and he got Res to fight the Forgotten just by looking at his wrist.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Needing and wanting one are two different things. While I don’t think it’s needed, it’s a fun theory to have, and it does help there are a few moments that give it mild credence. Doesn’t hurt that the both have similar personalities either
Rikunda

Post by Rikunda »

Why do they look more naked than they normally do when what they normally wear are just collars?!
Quote:
Mother Teresa wrote:Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Rikunda wrote:Why do they look more naked than they normally do when what they normally wear are just collars?!
The K9 unit usually wear vests as well.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Rikunda wrote:Why do they look more naked than they normally do when what they normally wear are just collars?!
Because in their own way: They ARE naked without their collars.
Each collar is unique and since we always see their upperbodys, the collars are always visible.
So they look naked without them, because no one is used to it.
I think there was a trope like that, but I can't remember.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Considering all the now noticeable nakedness, I wonder how the non-furry fans of Rick’s work are taking this arc?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bathrobes are suggestive.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Argent wrote:The real thing takes a while longer to deploy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5OdLW56eBM
I was thinking of that, but can you fit enough things that say "spa" in that central corridor?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Seeing Kevin with no K-9 uniform and collar is so satisfying. It's like seeing Link in his shorts. Except Kevin has none. And Kevin takes good care of his coat <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Gameb18oy wrote:Considering all the now noticeable nakedness, I wonder how the non-furry fans of Rick’s work are taking this arc?
Same as any other arc, thanks for asking, but with a slight bit more of a "whoa, they're jacked!" factor.
fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: I wonder what Kitsune does in this world now that he no longer is DMing games? Also, I doubt Kitsune is the type to take responsibility, though like most good DMs after getting annoyed that plans aren’t going where he wants them, figuring out how to spin events in your favor is probably something he enjoys, so maybe he’ll show up to make things more interesting
He has to keep an eye on Pete and Dragon and make sure they don’t screw up humanity or the world. Not to mention there is still the demon Keene unleashed. As a officer of heaven, it is his job to keep fiends like that from reeking havoc on the mortal planes.
Does he have those responsibilities? The Cosmic Game is supposed to train the Celestials for that, but could be that it's not a threat at the moment.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
Does he have those responsibilities? The Cosmic Game is supposed to train the Celestials for that, but could be that it's not a threat at the moment.
Whether or not he is supposed to have those responsibilities is irrelevant. If and when the demon shows up Kitsune will be the one to deal with it, in his own special way of course, because if not that would mean introducing a new Celestial character to deal with it. If nothing else Kitsune will tell them to deal with it themselves since Keene was the one who unleashed it. So he will be involved either way. I would hope he would do the job of a denizen of heaven and help the pets since he, again, was the one who has consistently messed with them.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Um, what about Cerberus though?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Gameb18oy wrote:Um, what about Cerberus though?
What? Can't you see? Celestials wear the finest garbs in all the universes! They're made from the finest of silk, so much to the point where it feels like you're wearing nothing at all! :P
ImageImageImageImage
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I’m not against seeing Cerberus just relaxing in a spa, but that reply was more on the idea that Kitsune is the only celestial responsible for taking care of the Housepets universe... considering our universe got a name, I’m wondering if the Housepets universe has an official name
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Celestial Spas.

Maybe as a epilogue =P
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Gameb18oy wrote:I’m not against seeing Cerberus just relaxing in a spa, but that reply was more on the idea that Kitsune is the only celestial responsible for taking care of the Housepets universe... considering our universe got a name, I’m wondering if the Housepets universe has an official name
I believe it's referred to as "Dimension Prime" or something, could be wrong.
ImageImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Also, Rick - If you are watching:

Keep doing what you are doing this arc :3
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

CHAOKOCartoons wrote:I believe it's referred to as "Dimension Prime" or something, could be wrong.
The "Prime" designation is used in multiverse settings to denote either the dimension where the core story is set or where the core characters are from. So that's accurate from a reader's perspective.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

.... which explains Sasha's unexpected appearance.
CyberDragon

Post by CyberDragon »

I'm not sure what I like most about this. First laugh, Mungo's professionalism and concern for modesty. It's really cute. Second, saying this is a normal situation involving a hot spring on the back of a truck, as if that's a normal situation. Then it gets funnier because you realize that is a normal situation for the Housepets! XD
Then there's the actual punchline, which also made me laugh. ^^
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Gameb18oy wrote:considering our universe got a name
???
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Gallifrax, From it's depiction it's effectively our dimension, more or less.

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

……. and I thought all along it was called "KWWWWWWY!" sigh.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Where did you get that from?
Argent

Post by Argent »

Bandit1990 wrote:Gallifrax, From it's depiction it's effectively our dimension, more or less.
OK. Was wondering if you meant that. No. Not our universe.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I assume that it is a name that refers to Gallifrey which is a planet where the Time Lords come from in Dr. Who.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I assume that it is a name that refers to Gallifrey which is a planet where the Time Lords come from in Dr. Who.
Considering the doctor has experience going to parallel universes, this be a good reference if that’s the case
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

So there's no dimension called "Kwwy"? Oh, Sasha, you tricked me again with your clever lyrics.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:So there's no dimension called "Kwwy"? Oh, Sasha, you tricked me again with your clever lyrics.
You might want to give us a comic as a reference to her saying this West, for all we know it’s a universe Rick could go to in the future
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Actually, it's a contortion of Sasha's baby-doll voice sweetie nickname for Kevin ("Kewy") that sounded to me like a good name for an alien dimension. There's also an allusion to her well known "creativity" with song lyrics and inability to sustain nursery rhymes beyond the first couplet.

Sorry to be obscure there, GameBoy. Old habit of mine ;) .