2018/12/11 - Tunnel Of Love

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: 2018/12/11 - Tunnel Of Love

Post by GameCobra »

Mungo is going to be the Jata of this arc the moment those robes come off.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

GameCobra wrote:Mungo is going to be the Jata of this arc the moment those robes come off.
Didn’t Jata once shower in the background of a comic? With nothing in front of him to cover him? You think we might ever visit his country? Find out if it’s related to the civilization of cats in 5000 BC?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

He was doing yoga. https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ght-court/
The showering, he had a towel. He’s the only character we’ve never seen the bottom half exposed. Wonder why? ;)
It is possible, quick someone pull out an atlas and find out how close the savanna is to Egypt.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Caerdwyn

Post by Caerdwyn »

I ship Mungo and Fox and you can't stop me.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Same, tbh

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Hey, shipping characters Rick only intended to be friends is the fastest way to get one of them into a relationship, happened with Fox and King’s first interactions, whose to say we can’t get Fox someone by doing it again... plus they’d be cute together anyway as a plus
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Gameb18oy wrote:Hey, shipping characters Rick only intended to be friends is the fastest way to get one of them into a relationship, happened with Fox and King’s first interactions, whose to say we can’t get Fox someone by doing it again... plus they’d be cute together anyway as a plus
no, Fox will be forever alone, this will only get Mungo into a relationship
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

They don’t have the right kind of chemistry for a relationship. Forcing them together would go against every rule in writing. If they to get together it would take time, patience, energy, and some type of bonding adventure.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

fenrirblack wrote:They don’t have the right kind of chemistry for a relationship. Forcing them together would go against every rule in writing. If they to get together it would take time, patience, energy, and some type of bonding adventure.
yeah I figure if anything this arc could start the process of them getting together, sort of the "Cat tail" arc was for Grapenut. though whether it would end the same way as that would be up to Rick.

but I wouldn't put money on that being what happens. but I would pay money for it to be what happens :P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:They don’t have the right kind of chemistry for a relationship. Forcing them together would go against every rule in writing. If they to get together it would take time, patience, energy, and some type of bonding adventure.
I mean, I was only talking about shipping, where this fact doesn’t matter too much, and even then I was clearly messing around as why would I want Rick bugged with something the fans did... I do hope Fox is being setup to meet someone though, I’m sure there’s someone for Fox out there, and it wouldn’t be out of place to add one new gal. I’m also thinking of the narrative possibilities if a cat hater with a good heart fell for a cat though and it was his first mutual crush.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Gosh, we've done more "shipping" than FEDEX on this thread! Fun, though. And it is about time for Fox to get his heart broken again … but let's do Christmas, first. Oh … and find that ferret fella... ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

I’m telling you, if he finds anyone this time, it’s gonna be a mutual crush, I ship Fox x random future character, because I’m ready for Fox to find his action movie co-star
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Gameb18oy wrote:I’m telling you, if he finds anyone this time, it’s gonna be a mutual crush, I ship Fox x random future character, because I’m ready for Fox to find his action movie co-star
An action movie co-star, you say?
You know wasn't Fox supposed to get assigned to a new partner or something?
What if said partner would be that?
Just an idea.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

The irony of that is Fox and Mungo have still been teaming up together even after Ralph said he was getting a new partner. They were together during the Temple Crashers, after the Temple Crashers, and now here. Why is Ralph a Sergeant again?

You know what's actually funny about Mungo coming along with Fox for the Temple Crashers arc is that aside from being Satau's reincarnation (maybe) he had literally nothing to do with any of the supernatural portions of the comic.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:The irony of that is Fox and Mungo have still been teaming up together even after Ralph said he was getting a new partner. They were together during the Temple Crashers, after the Temple Crashers, and now here. Why is Ralph a Sergeant again?

You know what's actually funny about Mungo coming along with Fox for the Temple Crashers arc is that aside from being Satau's reincarnation (maybe) he had literally nothing to do with any of the supernatural portions of the comic.
Ralph’s intelligence really should be called into question at some point if he makes a weird decision again sometime soon.
I bet Rick just immediately backpedaled when he realized he likely liked writing for Mungo and people liked the character, so separating him from Fox risked making Mungo go the way of Terrance, only getting brief appearances if even that... Wonder if Mungo will hang out when Res comes back on a probably permanent basis when Pridelands is finished. I found their conversation in temple Crashers 2 adorable, and come on, with Ptah also likely being Res’s ancestor, the idea of both of them being friends just seems almost already set... unless of course Mungo really hates the ending of Pridelands.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I know it's a pretty popular fan theory that Res and Ptah are related but I have never understood where that logic comes from. They look nothing alike. Res has more in common with this cat.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

fenrirblack wrote:The irony of that is Fox and Mungo have still been teaming up together even after Ralph said he was getting a new partner. They were together during the Temple Crashers, after the Temple Crashers, and now here. Why is Ralph a Sergeant again?

Well the temple crasher's didn't had anything to do with their work as K9s.
I just think Fox and Mungo stayed friends and when Fox was asked to come along to the temple, Fox was suggesting taking someone with some serious muscles along. Mungo is also very helpful, so it makes sense if he goes along with stuff like that.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Plot twist: Fox dates a fox.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Fox dates Kix ???? ...and how will Craig and Draig exploit that possibility?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm………………………………… ?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

NHWestoN wrote:Fox dates Kix ???? ...and how will Craig and Draig exploit that possibility?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm………………………………… ?
I said 'a' fox. =P

Though Kix is a possibility, ironically enough.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Exactly ….. and, also, ironically. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:I know it's a pretty popular fan theory that Res and Ptah are related but I have never understood where that logic comes from. They look nothing alike. Res has more in common with this cat.
They could be the same breed though, and considering Ptah and Res both got the beefcake transformation ability, it feels like more than a random fan theory, plus when Mungo is so obviously a descendant of Satau, you're obviously gonna assume Rick wouldn't forget that Ptah probably would have one show up as well.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

That’s assuming that Rick wanted to have two reincarnations at the same time which wouldn’t serve a point considering his writing style.
Ptah’s ability stems from his power hat/crown thingy, Res’s came from the Weretiger power that he chose (maybe a bit of eye candy on Ricks part). Phat could do almost anything with his power but he chose muscle form for Grape and probably has a bit of a Napoleon complex. I’m sure if he wanted to he could be whipping out glowing swords and shields Green lantern style.
I’m not saying it’s not possible. Seriously we know so little about Res considering his origin story or lack of. I’m sure down the road if Rick wanted to he could have Weretiger Res and Mungo team up in some battle if the ages but that’s something I would do and not very slice of life.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I also remember somebody saying that Gale was a reincarnation of an ancient character from when they went back in time but the only one I could actually think of was the Sabercat that Peanut snapped pictures of.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:That’s assuming that Rick wanted to have two reincarnations at the same time which wouldn’t serve a point considering his writing style.
Ptah’s ability stems from his power hat/crown thingy, Res’s came from the Weretiger power that he chose (maybe a bit of eye candy on Ricks part). Phat could do almost anything with his power but he chose muscle form for Grape and probably has a bit of a Napoleon complex. I’m sure if he wanted to he could be whipping out glowing swords and shields Green lantern style.
I’m not saying it’s not possible. Seriously we know so little about Res considering his origin story or lack of. I’m sure down the road if Rick wanted to he could have Weretiger Res and Mungo team up in some battle if the ages but that’s something I would do and not very slice of life.
Take a look at this comic, and take note of the fact that Rick made a point to show Res’s paperbag didn’t stay on, suggesting his powers were likely hereditary, like Mungo’s superstrength
https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... wer-slide/
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

And then Peanut told him to put the hat back on here, so it's likely the power of the hat
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Well, the fact we dont see if he heard Peanut say that or put it on actually means... we've got a case of schrodenger's cat where until we're told for sure, both things could have happened
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
CunningFox wrote:The inside of that truck must be like a TARDIS.
SPADIS?
Bonus points if you can come up with something reasonable for that to stand for.
fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Well Itsuki looks very different in the style change. Bet it’s mostly his chest that got more muscular, got to have a few chubby cuties here and there... and if I’m right on that, the only other character who has a bit of a gut would be Cory and maybe the two male raccoons... wait no, I forgot other Daryl and the wolves are very likely to show up for fanservice
See I knew I wasn't crazy.
You're still crazy, just for other reasons (but who ever said being crazy was a bad thing?).
fenrirblack wrote:He was doing yoga. https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... ght-court/
The showering, he had a towel. He’s the only character we’ve never seen the bottom half exposed. Wonder why? ;)
What about Dallas, Colleen, Karo, Actor Dog, Teoxihuitl, What Chicken, Action Replay, Money For Nothing, the Beaver, the Zebra, Fluffy, Earl Sandwich, Jill Sandwich, Bill Lindberg, Henry Milton, Jeeves, Ryan Byron, Jeff, Jake, Jerry, Mr. Hartford, Mr. Holloway, Mrs. Holloway, Ms. Auburn, Mr. London, Crazy old man who only speaks in limericks, Stranger, Celia, Vet, Cameron, Boom, or Store Clerk?
HundKatzeMaus wrote:

I just think Fox and Mungo stayed friends and when Fox was asked to come along to the temple, Fox was suggesting taking someone with some serious muscles along. Mungo is also very helpful, so it makes sense if he goes along with stuff like that.
Bringing along Mungo might not've been Fox's idea at all. Sabrina and Tarot know Mungo from their Christmas party athey know he's physically strong from when he literally broke into their home.
Gameb18oy wrote:Well, the fact we dont see if he heard Peanut say that or put it on actually means... we've got a case of schrodenger's cat where until we're told for sure, both things could have happened
Clearly it is impossible to tell for sure if he put the hat back on. If your trying to make the case that his temple power proves heredity, I'm surprised you're not citing this strip and that it could be interpreted to mean the temple is amplifying genetic were-tiger-ness.
The cape comes with the promotion.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

If you mean his ingerit sneezing into were-tiger form thing, i'm sure that was The Forgotten's doing. Nasty taste of tentacles through his body probably infused some magic into him.

That being said, though, the Res is a descendant of Ptah theory stands on two things i've seen so far:

A) He has an almost identical fur and eye pattern.
B) That him and Mungo sparked up a conversation in the temple during the group's downtime pretty easily. Chalk it up to humor if you will, but it could be a subtle hint all the same, but a far stretching one.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

If Mungo descends from Satau, which most of us seem to think, then Ptah having a descendant present would seem to balance the scale. Res is the logical candidate for many reasons given already. However, the gentle, creative Res doesn't evince much of Ptah's overbearing cockiness. We'll just have to see.
Castlemight

Post by Castlemight »

I do think Res is descended from a previous avatar at the very least, refer to this page https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... nsibility/ as it is after the temple collapses, sure it could be for humor, but no reason why it can't also be a hint that the temple just awoke his innate ability.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace wrote:
HundKatzeMaus wrote:

Bringing along Mungo might not've been Fox's idea at all. Sabrina and Tarot know Mungo from their Christmas party athey know he's physically strong from when he literally broke into their home.
So they get to the Temple and see that they need a fourth teammate and Tarot goes "Hang on I know who we need." Pulls out her cellphone and calls Mungo. That makes sense considering the first temple crashers arc so Sabrina would know that they would need a warrior type and Tarot to logically. And looking back at it Mungo says it was Tarot who asked.
Champion Wallace wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Well, the fact we dont see if he heard Peanut say that or put it on actually means... we've got a case of schrodenger's cat where until we're told for sure, both things could have happened
Clearly it is impossible to tell for sure if he put the hat back on. If your trying to make the case that his temple power proves heredity, I'm surprised you're not citing this strip and that it could be interpreted to mean the temple is amplifying genetic were-tiger-ness.
Genetic were-tiger-ness? More like genetic cat biology. The tiger part came from the fact it was written and the rest came from enhancing his natural biology like steroids. He could have written were-lion and came out completely differently. Where is this genetic were-tiger-ness coming from anyway. Ptah wasn't a were tiger, he just got super big. Why would Res have any tiger DNA in him that would be enhanced?
Castlemight wrote:I do think Res is descended from a previous avatar at the very least, refer to this page https://www.housepetscomic.com/comic/20 ... nsibility/ as it is after the temple collapses, sure it could be for humor, but no reason why it can't also be a hint that the temple just awoke his innate ability.
That was because he dived feet first into the mana. Kitsune said way back when that there would be lingering effects of the gods magic in Tarot, Sabrina, and assuming Bailey so it stems to reason that pure mana would do the same. You can't just have nigh-unlimited power and not expect some kind of side effect or consequence.
GameCobra wrote:If you mean his ingerit sneezing into were-tiger form thing, i'm sure that was The Forgotten's doing. Nasty taste of tentacles through his body probably infused some magic into him.

That being said, though, the Res is a descendant of Ptah theory stands on two things i've seen so far:

A) He has an almost identical fur and eye pattern.
B) That him and Mungo sparked up a conversation in the temple during the group's downtime pretty easily. Chalk it up to humor if you will, but it could be a subtle hint all the same, but a far stretching one.
How are the eyes identical? Res's are a golden orange and Ptah's are more tan to match his fur color. Stripes aren't exactly rare and their fur pattern don't even remotely match like at all. Mungo is easy going and friendly with everyone. They had one conversation and it was super awkward.
Plus think about it. Mungo and Satau look exactly alike down the eye color. Logically if Res and Ptah were in the same situation (reincarnation or ancestry) they would look the same or at least much more similar than they do now.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Considering that bailey bit, considering it was before Bailey had pups she became an avatar, I'm telling you guys, when King's kids are old enough, they are gonna show superhuman abilities, its almost inevitable
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

OMG imagine King's reaction! :o
KathYohneke

Post by KathYohneke »

sure timelord tech wasnt used to make this place? its sure as heck wasnt that big on the outside!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm going to say that the place isn't actually as big as we all think.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Dagnabbit, I was in bed with a cold and missed checking out my comics Monday, and I missed Rick being naughty about Tanuki.
leinglo wrote:I wonder how feasible it would actually be to have a whole building unfold out of a semi-truck trailer. Maybe not to this extent, but still, there's some really interesting possibilities with that concept.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5OdLW56eBM
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Just so you know for the future, his name is Itsuki. :3
Argent

Post by Argent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Just so you know for the future, his name is Itsuki. :3

His species is Tanuki, and that's the point.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

fenrirblack wrote:How are the eyes identical? Res's are a golden orange and Ptah's are more tan to match his fur color. Stripes aren't exactly rare and their fur pattern don't even remotely match like at all. Mungo is easy going and friendly with everyone. They had one conversation and it was super awkward.
Plus think about it. Mungo and Satau look exactly alike down the eye color. Logically if Res and Ptah were in the same situation (reincarnation or ancestry) they would look the same or at least much more similar than they do now.
I'm taking it that Rick isn't making Ptah and Res that much more obvious compared to Mungo, but i'm certain Rick knows more about the cat gene pools than I figure. From an evolution point, Ptah's fur for his ancestors can change drastically as opposed to Satau's pure black fur, which most pure black animals barely gets changed over generations. Ptah and Res's eye colors are actually being close to similar in a plain sense for cats of their calibur. Although not down to a science, most greyish cats I find do have plain orange and grey eyes.

Also, Res and Mungo are both much more sensitive than their ancestors. =P