2018/12/19 - Trapped In The Shower

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2018/12/19 - Trapped In The Shower

Post by D-Rock »

[2018/12/19 - Trapped In The Shower]
Title Text: what, how did you think he was gonna react?

I mean, as long as we're clear.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
bjchan95

Re: 2018/12/19 - Trapped In The Shower

Post by bjchan95 »

Ruh roh :shock:
I'm very active on the Housepets! wikia, I've created a lot of articles and help keep it up-to-date! Come and help support us! http://www.housepetscomic.wikia.com
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Well they seem to be taking this rather well. :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

*Insert “Wa wa waaaaaaa” here

Yeah, let’s be honest, I wasn’t expecting anything else. It was fun to think about but yeah, not surprising in the least.
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

That's....about how I expected Kevin to react. I didn't expect Fox to break down that quickly.

And after that confession, Sasha looks more upset than Kevin does. :lol:

Is it my monitor, or are Sasha and Kevin's eyes a little pink?

Check out Lightning Dogs on the Nerdyshow Podcast Network

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I love how Kevin is soooo chill with like, handling life. #NoStress
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

At least Kevin didn't become a Yandere.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Trapped between a nut and a hard ab,
Fox blurts out the truth of years.
Telling the tale of thoughts he can’t scrub;
letting go of all that he fears.
Caught in flagrante in the showers,
found by Kevin in Sasha’s arms;
he talks of what we’ve known forever;
our Sasha has her charms.
It seems they really don’t mind, however,
so long as it was just one off.
When it comes to commitment forever?
That’s the idea that Dogs scoff.
It seems that Sasha really doesn’t want a ring.
It seems that Fox was infected by the King...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

you know, Fox seems to yell his emotions out at the worst possible times.

Also, I’m not sure how I feel about Sasha’s words there, though for some reason they do make me finally understand how even temporarily she and Bino ended up as a couple. Honestly, Fox I hope this is big a wake up call for you, Sasha’s not the right gal for you.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Just looking... at Sasha's exposed neck! Fox seems to have gotten over his excessive blushing. If Kevin doesn't care about them kissing than why did he turn to Fox to confirm "is this true?" After how on-again-off-again her relationship with Bino was, you'd think Sasha wouldn't associate "dating" with commitment.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Also, can anyone read Kevin’s expression in the last panel? He might be mildly upset, but he still seems like he might be kinda calm so it’s harder to tell than with Sasha... who honestly I hope doesn’t get away scot free from that comment, you kissed him, don’t be acting all irritated by him thinking you had some bigger reason than just wanting to kiss him if you do it just out of nowhere
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Gameb18oy wrote:Also, I’m not sure how I feel about Sasha’s words there, though for some reason they do make me finally understand how even temporarily she and Bino ended up as a couple. Honestly, Fox I hope this is big a wake up call for you, Sasha’s not the right gal for you.
From the sound of it Sasha's probably been with just about every dog in Babylon Gardens at one point or another. She doesn't have relationships, she has flings that last until she gets bored. I'm inclined to agree, if fox wants a healthy relationship he really needs to look elsewhere. Problem is, unless he either starts looking into dudes, or a new female character is created (And I can't honestly see either as being particularly likely), poor Fox doesn't really have a lot of available options.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Did anyone else notice that a Kevin just totally pointed out that the showers are unnaturally large just like the rest of the spa. They’re becoming self aware. :?
leinglo wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote:Also, I’m not sure how I feel about Sasha’s words there, though for some reason they do make me finally understand how even temporarily she and Bino ended up as a couple. Honestly, Fox I hope this is big a wake up call for you, Sasha’s not the right gal for you.
From the sound of it Sasha's probably been with just about every dog in Babylon Gardens at one point or another. She doesn't have relationships, she has flings that last until she gets bored. I'm inclined to agree, if fox wants a healthy relationship he really needs to look elsewhere. Problem is, unless he either starts looking into dudes, or a new female character is created (And I can't honestly see either as being particularly likely), poor Fox doesn't really have a lot of available options.
It might be time to try online dating. Just have Fox “date” someone who we never see only hear about. Like Maris from “Frasier”

Hopefully no matter what this will be the end of Fox’s crush on Sasha. He got it out of his system and can move on to better things. Clearly it was never going to amount to anything and we move on having learned a valuable lesson.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

leinglo wrote:
I mean, the ship for him and Mungo is fairly decent, but I don’t think Fox is the least bit gay so it’s sadly unlikely. I’m still hoping Rick kills two birds with one stone and introduces a nice female cat, it be interesting to see the more reasonable of the two established cat-haters slowly form a relationship with one, and we need more cats in the cast either way.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Gameb18oy wrote:I mean, the ship for him and Mungo is fairly decent, but I don’t think Fox is the least bit gay so it’s sadly unlikely. I’m still hoping Rick kills two birds with one stone and introduces a nice female cat, it be interesting to see the more reasonable of the two established cat-haters slowly form a relationship with one, and we need more cats in the cast either way.
Maybe someone could come from the forest. With Pete and Dragon as Fox kits and Steward as a Badger with that coin, there's almost certainly gonna be a plot arc around all that at some point. Maybe there could be some hope for Fox bundled in with it.
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

But, would Kevin really be alright with it if Sasha just up and went off with another Dog? Would he do it first? They must have been together long enough it's gotta be a record for the both of them...
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Whelp that was kind of surprising. This is honestly an interesting dynamic in their relationship that isn't really explored much.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Gameb18oy wrote:
leinglo wrote:
I mean, the ship for him and Mungo is fairly decent, but I don’t think Fox is the least bit gay so it’s sadly unlikely. I’m still hoping Rick kills two birds with one stone and introduces a nice female cat, it be interesting to see the more reasonable of the two established cat-haters slowly form a relationship with one, and we need more cats in the cast either way.
While I wouldn't mind more female cats in the cast, I don't think that's the best way to do it. Fox was the most adamant cat-lover hater out of everyone. I'd find it less out of character if Sasha settled down and had a serious relationship with one dog than for Fox to fall in love with a cat.
The cape comes with the promotion.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Love is ... complicated.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Gameb18oy wrote:Also, can anyone read Kevin’s expression in the last panel? He might be mildly upset, but he still seems like he might be kinda calm so it’s harder to tell than with Sasha... who honestly I hope doesn’t get away scot free from that comment, you kissed him, don’t be acting all irritated by him thinking you had some bigger reason than just wanting to kiss him if you do it just out of nowhere
I think he is a bit upset, because Fox is making such a big deal out of it, while it's for Kevin not a big deal?
Or he has certain standards like "I'm okay if you kiss my girl, but don't date her," or something like that?
If Kevin is really that okay with how Sasha is then they kinda deserved each other :lol:

Poor Fox, he wanted to live a life like a action blockbuster but instead his life is more like a romantic-comedy :lol:

I'm just a bit confused. I know Sasha was lax with commitment, but in here she was upset when she thought King wasn't serious with the wedding.
I would had thought she would be for commitment, maybe as long as she doesn't have to.

Edit: I'm also still wondering if Kevin is really THAT okay with the whole situation, but it seems he is.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:I'm just a bit confused. I know Sasha was lax with commitment, but in here she was upset when she thought King wasn't serious with the wedding.
I would had thought she would be for commitment, maybe as long as she doesn't have to.
I'm guessing Sasha appreciates how important commitments can be for others, she just doesn't have interest in commitment herself.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Fox really needs to learn to relax. He just talked himself into a corner.
TeflonCougar

Post by TeflonCougar »

Also, I’m not sure how I feel about Sasha’s . I’m still hoping Rick kills two birds with one stone and introduces a nice female cat, it be interesting to see the more reasonable of the two established cat-haters slowly form a relationship with one, and we need more cats in the cast either way.
We have Gale who comes with a kitten, Custom Ink who has a kid, Lana, Daisy, and let's not forget Spring and Summer. They did promise to see him soon.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Emotions are flying, Fox! Too bad these two don't understand that silly stuff! Though I'm wondering if that will change.

I can't help but wonder, however, if Fox is accidentally strengthening Kevin and Sasha's relationship by doing this. :3

Fox: "I wanna keep her!"
Kevin: ...Hey! Maybe I should, too! :D *Marries her*
Fox: :|
Kevin: ...This is how it works, right?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

TeflonCougar wrote:
Also, I’m not sure how I feel about Sasha’s . I’m still hoping Rick kills two birds with one stone and introduces a nice female cat, it be interesting to see the more reasonable of the two established cat-haters slowly form a relationship with one, and we need more cats in the cast either way.
We have Gale who comes with a kitten, Custom Ink who has a kid, Lana, Daisy, and let's not forget Spring and Summer. They did promise to see him soon.
Someone who remembers Spring and Summer; +1 on your comment!
Rick doesn't need to introduce other characters; Fox already has TWO very cute girlfriends. Yes, he's wanted Sasha since before he met the celestials; but, it's obvious that Sasha doesn't reciprocate his feelings. Sasha's doggy brain isn't set up for loyalty. (Which doesn't make sense to me. Dogs are typically VERY loyal, so why wouldn't that trait apply to bf's/gf's in HPU?)
Regardless, Fox deserves better than Sasha's throwaway attitude. She hasn't been properly cared for, so she doesn't properly care about any of her mates. I think Fox's "I just want to help you" attitude is what truly caused him to like Sasha in the first place. I agree that the celestials would be a better fit for him. Perhaps they could even become mortals again for his sake, so they could all three live happily ever after, through death and beyond. And since it hasn't been clearly established, I'm going to assume it'd be possible for the celestials to become mortals without having to become infants again. We know Pete's Dragon (can't resist making that reference) became infants, but that was because of a certain nine-tailed fox. We don't know for sure that it's impossible for celestials to become adult mortals without going through infancy, so I'm going to assume they can go straight from celestials to adult mortals.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Bandit1990 wrote:Is it my monitor, or are Sasha and Kevin's eyes a little pink?
They look fine on my end.
fenrirblack wrote:*Insert “Wa wa waaaaaaa” here

Yeah, let’s be honest, I wasn’t expecting anything else. It was fun to think about but yeah, not surprising in the least.
Yes, I was half expecting this as well.

The comic is now full-bblown contemporary with an open relationship couple.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Dogs are loyal, but they're totally not monogamous.

He can't have a relationship with the angels while he's still on Earth, so they're just as much a problem as Sasha.

If he wants a human style relationship he's going to have to find a wolf or a literal fox. Maybe the new buffer police-dog Fox could date a wolf... wolf-husky crosses are a thing, but there's also that apparently single fox mom floating around.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Or He Can Just Date Keys"
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The ratio of male-to-female characters in Housepets is a bit striking, about four to one. Fox's options among the existing cast are .... Bailey (nope!) ..... Sasha (now in spin) .... Duchess (really?) .... Colleen (who?? Where? When?) .... Tarot (umm ... maybeeeee) .... and Daisy ( alright, no pleas today). I don't take Spring and Summer seriously; they're kiinda vapid. True, a spirit-mortal relationship would be unique but one of the angels would need a personality. Maybe if Cerberus made her mortal like Breel ... Naw ... Keene and Keene have that thread covered. Odds are, Fox is gonna wind up alone again (naturally).

At the risk of breaking ranks with the majority, I still am very fond of Sasha. If she seems a little sneaky, well, that's been a survive adaption in dealing with an abusive owner, manipulative boy friends ( Bino), secretive friendships (Daisy), and other uncertainties.

Could use a female cat or two also.
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

If we're listing female characters, there's always Un-named K9 dog with the pink collar, She was available the last time we saw her. :P

It's an in-development animated series following a team of Anthro-Dogs trapped in the Wastelands of a ruined Earth.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Also true … I know she's "unnamed" but she might have had another cameo or two.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

GameCobra wrote:Emotions are flying, Fox! Too bad these two don't understand that silly stuff! Though I'm wondering if that will change.

I can't help but wonder, however, if Fox is accidentally strengthening Kevin and Sasha's relationship by doing this. :3

Fox: "I wanna keep her!"
Kevin: ...Hey! Maybe I should, too! :D *Marries her*
Fox: :|
Kevin: ...This is how it works, right?
Maybe they will do more with their relationship without noticing it.

Aside from that:
Man, thanks for that comment. My mood was just bad the whole day, but this seriously made my day.
Normally I don't say it, but if we could give awards for comments yours would get one for sure :lol:
NHWestoN wrote:At the risk of breaking ranks with the majority, I still am very fond of Sasha. If she seems a little sneaky, well, that's been a survive adaption in dealing with an abusive owner, manipulative boy friends ( Bino), secretive friendships (Daisy), and other uncertainties.
Yeah....also I can see why she isn't so much for that whole "Dogs should be loyal"-thing.
I mean...she is loyal to her "Daddy" and we see how he treats her.
She goes to a dog school to be even MORE loyal (althought her owner most likely forced her for some reason) and...she gets hypnotised and framed for murder...
I can't really be mad with her if she says "forget about that stuff."
Sure it's bad for Fox, but maybe they could still date?
He does more or less have two relationships and STILL wants to go out with Sasha...so...is he also kinda like Sasha in that regard?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Let’s take a moment to analyze this. Fox has had a crush on Sahsha for roughly six years. Why? Well she was vulnerable and offered him a small bit of affection. What does that tell you? Honestly before that he had no interest in Sasha so I wonder if he has deep rooted issues stemming from abandonment. It does feel like any significant relationship he has ever had ended. Bino, King, Bailey, Fido, the angels. Everyone in his life has moved on without him. That might influence his desire for a mate. He’s desperate for some kind of relationship but is scared of being hurt. So he purposely went after someone who offered him affection but subconsciously must have known would never be able to commit. He set himself up to fail. The same is true for the angels. They’re not going to be able to give him the stable relationship he needs.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I don't count Spring and Summer as real relationships because they are in heaven and it is kind of hard to have a relationship with someone if you don't know when they will be able to come back down to visit you next. :3

I guess this also proves that Sevin doesn't take their relationship seriously because Sasha seems upset that Fox wants commitment.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:Also true … I know she's "unnamed" but she might have had another cameo or two.
Hmm, we need a fan name to refer to her. Most we have to work with is her tag... considering it’s a red circle with a cross through it’s sideways, we could go with something like Denial... don’t think it work as a name, but anyone against calling mystery dog Nile until we either get a proper name?
fenrirblack wrote:Let’s take a moment to analyze this. Fox has had a crush on Sahsha for roughly six years. Why? Well she was vulnerable and offered him a small bit of affection. What does that tell you? Honestly before that he had no interest in Sasha so I wonder if he has deep rooted issues stemming from abandonment. It does feel like any significant relationship he has ever had ended. Bino, King, Bailey, Fido, the angels. Everyone in his life has moved on without him. That might influence his desire for a mate. He’s desperate for some kind of relationship but is scared of being hurt. So he purposely went after someone who offered him affection but subconsciously must have known would never be able to commit. He set himself up to fail. The same is true for the angels. They’re not going to be able to give him the stable relationship he needs.

His relationship with both his cousin and King isn’t ended, Rick just hasn’t thought to put many comics with them interacting lately. It’s a shame the Fox doesn’t hang out visually with his friend as much lately, but Rick isn’t about to end that relationship. That being said, I question anyone who wants Fox with the angel girls. As happy as I was he finally got something with the girls being very into him, they can at best offer a long distance relationship, which clearly isn’t gonna give Fox what he wants out of relationship
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Gameb18oy wrote:I question anyone who wants Fox with the angel girls. As happy as I was he finally got something with the girls being very into him, they can at best offer a long distance relationship, which clearly isn’t gonna give Fox what he wants out of relationship
Indeed. Some might point to what Breel did for Keene, as an example of how that could work, and Fox did suggest that, but at the same time, Breel also had a much more personal relationship with Keene to justify it. Spring and Summer's relationship with Fox has mostly just been flirting and fun without any real development between them. Notice that when Fox made that suggestion, they rather pointedly ignored it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, Fox is clearly a lonely guy with some genuine emptiness in his life. Maybe that's his assigned role in the series. I don't get the feeling his "Daddy", Officer Luneberg, is all that supportive but at least the guy hasn't subjected the poor husky to any further motor cycle repair inflammations. "Off-stage", he probably continues to be part of the King-Bailey extended family but "Not so much" anymore. With the kids, he and King just may not get to pal around much anymore.

As to the "nameless dog" Game1Boy wants to call "Denial" (Why not?), didn't she also show up at the catastrophic Jata-Sabrina wedding and in the grand room where King and Bailey wed? Or is my imagination clouding my visison. ;)
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

What? Kevin, you caught your girlfriend while kissing your job mate and you're talking about the sizes of the showers? :roll: :P Of course that's true, it seemed that you looked at the scene... :? Yeah, Sasha wanted only a kiss, but that's an interesting confession, Fox. What Sasha did made you vent it out... :| Poor dog, he really needs a girlfriend. :D So, Kevin, does all this mean that you're going to forgive them? And, ask Sasha if she still loves you. ;) I can't really guess now...
Bandit1990

Post by Bandit1990 »

Yeah she was. Her and "eye patch" tend to show up when additional K9s are needed for background and group scenes.