2018/12/25 - We're Snowed In Again

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: 2018/12/25 - We're Snowed In Again

Post by GameCobra »

Buster wrote:So he's comfortable with fox seeing him, but not anyone else, hmmm?

well, i suppose thats one way to end the trend of the comic's only confirmed gay characters being minor characters we see one or twice year at most.

also, i hope hey can thaw Fido before he looses anything to frostbite...
One of the things i'm wary about is the wording: "I thought you were shy!" "Around lots of people, but it's just you, Right?"

Mungo is joining Fox because he's close to him in the force. No doubt though the two are going to start something :3
Buster wrote:well knowing Risk, whoever the love interest is she wouldn't have been random, the potential love interest would probably get an introductory arc that focuses largely on those two much like Tarot and Bailey did, (Or mungo now that i think about it... huh...) or be an existing character who starts showing up increasingly often a month or two ahead of time like max.
Until they become Bino. All that build-up for years and then the DEAR JOHN LETTER D:
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Start something? Well, "footsie" isn't played on a checkerboard..... ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

I personally wouldn’t read that much into this situation. I mean it’s Mungo were talking about, he’s a pretty laid back guy who lives in this bubble of innocent bliss. Plus this entire chapter was just for the fan service so anything outside of the Kevin/Sasha thing is pretty much empty gesture. Not to mention it’s Christmas so I think this was more for the fans than anything canon.
Can’t two best friends play footsie without people reading too much into it? ;)
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Red really is Fox's color, isn't it?
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Great strip, and great arc. Happy Christmas, everybody! :D
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

fenrirblack wrote:I personally wouldn’t read that much into this situation. I mean it’s Mungo were talking about, he’s a pretty laid back guy who lives in this bubble of innocent bliss. Plus this entire chapter was just for the fan service so anything outside of the Kevin/Sasha thing is pretty much empty gesture. Not to mention it’s Christmas so I think this was more for the fans than anything canon.
Can’t two best friends play footsie without people reading too much into it? ;)
I absolutely agree with you. It's just so hard not to read too much into it :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, a little "calculated ambiguity" has always been a subcurrent within the world of Babylon Gardens, especially regarding pairings among the residents...…... ;)
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Does anyone wonder what the owners are thinking? If my pet was snowed in at some spa for two to three days I would not be happy. I wonder if they're just used to this by now. The Sandwiches are probably like

Earl: "Huh, Peanut and Grape aren't home yet. Should we call someone?"
Jill: "No, they're probably off with their friends. They're be home sooner or later. You know how those two are."
Three hours later.
Earl: "The snow's coming down pretty hard. The forecast is calling for a blizzard and Peanut and Grape are still gone.
Jill: Let's just enjoy the peace and quiet for a little while. The fire is crackling and the chestnuts are roasting.
Earl: We have chestnuts?
Jill: Come with me and we'll see.
Four hours later.
Jill: Earl, come to bed.
Earl: Where are they? I told you we should have had the vet implant those tracking chips after the third time they wandered into the woods.
Jill: You know how they are? They are grown up now and can take care of themselves.
Earl: When they get back we are going to have a long talk about these little adventures they keep going on.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

It’s been on my mind, but Peanut is totally deadpanning his line. He’s still on his Scooby Snax. :3

And poor Rex, he has to stand away from his new snuggle buddy.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Macsen wrote:It’s been on my mind, but Peanut is totally deadpanning his line. He’s still on his Scooby Snax. :3
Yeah, I'm actually wondering how fast he tries to run away from the po-po. I think he is just able to do so in slowmotion recreating that slow-down effect from the matrix :lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Macsen wrote:It’s been on my mind, but Peanut is totally deadpanning his line. He’s still on his Scooby Snax. :3

And poor Rex, he has to stand away from his new snuggle buddy.
Oh, thank goodness ~ there is someone else on the forums that thought about Scooby Snax.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
jrh150482

Post by jrh150482 »

Fido is now dead, yup.
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sabrina'll revive him ... She's magic! ;)
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

as she pointed out before, she's not that kind of magic.
Thankfully Squeak is on site, and experienced in resurrection spells.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
NathanielKing

Post by NathanielKing »

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

And Thanks Griffin for this sweet little whatchacallit-'ending'.
It warmed my heart as much as it made me laugh. x3
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Gameb18oy wrote:So... Mungo and Fox shippers, should we read a bit too much into Fox blushing at Mungo stripping down, or it not worth it? I am gonna read into Mungo playing footsies with Fox though, that game is almost always for flirting... and honestly, won’t be surprised if Mungo is interested in Fox in that way, even if I don’t know if Rick has hinted at it up till now

I was wondering if Fox and Mungo were going to hook-up an become a thing.
the third or would it be forth gay couple in the strip now..?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Keeshah wrote:I was wondering if Fox and Mungo were going to hook-up an become a thing.
The third one. The fourth one if two of the Mr. Bigglesworth hooked up.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Keeshah wrote:I was wondering if Fox and Mungo were going to hook-up an become a thing.
i would certainly hope so, since those two get significantly more screen time than Roosevelt or Breel.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Fourth, but third with named characters. There's a dog couple in King's wedding that were apparently confirmed as a gay couple. Haven't been seen since.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

HundKatzeMaus wrote:
The third one. The fourth one if two of the Mr. Bigglesworth hooked up.
If that interaction between Rex and a Mr. Bigglesworth was significant (and it wasn’t one of the females) then actually it could be fifth
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

More marriages first plz! :P
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Paging Reverend Gurney...
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

On the topic of pet marriages, I wonder if Lana should really look into that as par of the ECP. I mean there are so many couples who have been together since the beginning that maybe an actual ceremony would be good to make it official. Miles and Lucretia are the obvious choice. Miles already said he might do it. Part of me wouldn’t be surprised if they had gotten married but never told anyone and they’re just like “oh yeah, we got married a few years back.” Everyone asks “Why weren’t we invited?”
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Having played that out with King and Bailey, I can't see Rick returning to that theme - but t'wouldn't startle me to learn from some elliptical reference or part of a different arc that Miles and Lucretia had tied the knot in some formal fashion. Now for an off-the-wall thought on your theme, would Zach "the opener" be persuadable to preside over a matrimonial ceremony? Or maybe, as Zach's "Apostle", would Ink Raccoon "officiate" at such an occasion, sort of an "Opener-arian" wedding?
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Your right so it wouldn’t be a chapter about a wedding but about something happening before or after said wedding like Jata and Sabrina. Like for example if someone wanted a destination wedding it could be an chapter about getting to the wedding. It actually would be refreshing to get out of Babylon gardens for a while you know besides the woods or downtown.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That actually does sound like a great arc!
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Gameb18oy wrote:I didn’t even realize this was teasing when I first read that. Guess that’s a good thing though, I think we all prefer this to just a girl randomly being placed in... assuming Fox is blushing for the reason that seems to be suggested, unlike Sasha, Mungo seems to know exactly what he’s doing. Also, was Mungo’s last line in that comic the thing that pretty much solidified to people he was Satau’s descendant?
Personally, I wouldn't go as far as saying everyone would rather have Fungo than a new girl. As for the validity of the claim itself, I'm not going to argue against it here. Instead, I'll let someone I think you know much better provide a counter argument.
Gameb18oy for [url=http://housepetscomic.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=852566#p852566]Trapped In The Shower[/url] wrote:I mean, the ship for him and Mungo is fairly decent, but I don’t think Fox is the least bit gay so it’s sadly unlikely. I’m still hoping Rick kills two birds with one stone and introduces a nice female cat, it be interesting to see the more reasonable of the two established cat-haters slowly form a relationship with one, and we need more cats in the cast either way.
Buster wrote:well knowing Risk, whoever the love interest is she wouldn't have been random, the potential love interest would probably get an introductory arc that focuses largely on those two much like Tarot and Bailey did, (Or mungo now that i think about it... huh...) or be an existing character who starts showing up increasingly often a month or two ahead of time like max.
While that might be sound literary theory, I think you overestimate the shippers and the rest of the fans. It doesn't take much for us to start pairing random people. As for the examples you mentioned, King fell in love with Bailey the first strip they were in together (before that Bailey wasn't even important enough to have a name, so she was essentially a new character). They went on to be the most successful couple by at least one measure seeing as they're the only pets to have babies. Tarot, on the other hand, was about as close as you can get to a deus ex machina girlfriend and they have one of the more developed relationships. If Rick Griffin does introduce someone random as Fox's new love interest we'll complain about it in the short term because we complain about everything, but over time I'm sure she would be accepted.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I wanna go on record as saying I would accept a new love interest for Fox a LOT more than Fungo because Fox being gay would have just come out of nowhere.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

… I'm afraid Fox's role and fate is to be Housepets forever searching, unrequited lover. But i'd love to be wrong about that, too.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Somebody did have a fan character on here years ago that was a cat that was paired with Fox in fanficton. I wonder what happened to them?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Fox could be bisexual. I recall that it was stated that Fox was hetero in the forums, but it was never explicitly stated in the comic, so there is perhaps some wiggle room to change.

While at this point I'd be more surprised if they didn't hook up, this is still something that we'll have to wait and see about.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

D-Rock wrote:Fox could be bisexual. I recall that it was stated that Fox was hetero in the forums, but it was never explicitly stated in the comic, so there is perhaps some wiggle room to change.

While at this point I'd be more surprised if they didn't hook up, this is still something that we'll have to wait and see about.
I’m mentally seeing Max and Fox, racing to decide who will be the first confirmed Bi character amongst the cast. If either of them don’t make it to the finish line, just means they are straight and that’s all there is to it. On a more serious note though, was Rick the one who said it to the forum? It’s pretty plausible if it wasn’t him. Also, Fox could lean more toward girls and still be bi, perhaps at this point in the comics he’d didn’t realize it until Mungo started giving him hints of a crush here and there.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

He does have problems with emotional and intellectual depressions, that we've seen ... And he's sure been blushing a lot recently.....