2018/12/28 - Solo Run

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Amazee Dayzee

Re: 2018/12/28 - Solo Run

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm pretty sure that it is exasperation as the reason why he has his arms up like that. Though now I have the image of Dallas up as a scarecrow in my head.

Thanks Fen. :mrgreen:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

He just seems like the type. This is seriously the stuff that passes through my mind. I don't even know why. :D
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

There was speculation on the Telegram that the jacket was in reference to "A Christmas Story" in which the little brother character began to cry because the jacket and scarves he was forced to wear in the cold prevented him from putting his arms down.

As it's been years since I paid any attention to the movie, can't confirm.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It probably was that but I assume it also was referencing said SpongeBob Squarepants episode.
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Dallas always was an anorak.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't you mean he ALWAYS had one? Looking at him, he doesn't look like a walking parka. XD
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Anorak's British slang for geek.
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

CunningFox wrote:Anorak's British slang for geek.
Do the Scots consider themself part of Britain? This dumb American always finds stuff about Europe interesting, like you guys not having disposals in your sinks, and how if you ask for lemonade there you get sprite. The mundane differences are fascinating
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Gameb18oy wrote:
CunningFox wrote:Anorak's British slang for geek.
Do the Scots consider themself part of Britain? This dumb American always finds stuff about Europe interesting, like you guys not having disposals in your sinks, and how if you ask for lemonade there you get sprite. The mundane differences are fascinating
I certainly know people who don't consider themselves British. The way things are going, we may not be part of the UK within a few years.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was lucky that I knew that "anorak" was another name for parka in the US. I'm glad that I was able to have a BIT of knowledge about that so I'll take it as my way of learning something new. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

You learn so much nifty stuff in these discussions.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I figured I would have learned at least a bit more of British turns since I watch the British soap opera "EastEnders". :geek:
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I figured I would have learned at least a bit more of British turns since I watch the British soap opera "EastEnders". :geek:
Not something a bit more well know like “the IT crowd” or the original “the office”? I can definitely recommend keeping up appearances if you like British comedy, and just a minute if you’d like a fun game show setup that leads to some funny stuff being said
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I gravitated towards that soap because I watch soaps in general. And it was during a period where all the US soaps (ATWT, GL) were being cancelled. Its only when TIIC over at ABC cancelled AMC and OLTL that I began to take a closer look at British soaps (but only got into EastEnders).

Though now, I am getting a bit into this new to me show "Nightmare Tenants and Slum Landlords" and I have been watching anything that has Gordon Ramsay in it though what they air on FOX.
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

fenrirblack wrote:Can two people even play D&D by themselves? The GM doesn't do anything besides set the rules and story. So based on my limited understanding of the game, Lester's only real job would be too guide Kitsune's one character. Lester shouldn't even have a character participating in the game. So it would be a solo quest? That's doesn't sound like a lot of fun. No wonder Joey and Dallas bailed.
First of all, if Joey and Dallas stayed and Great Kitsune hadn't intervened, there would still be two players in addition to the DM so it wouldn't be a solo game. Now that that's out of the way, D&D isn't that much different with one player (and one DM). Sure, D&D is designed for about five people and is impossible to play by yourself, but the number of non-DM people isn't that important to any of the gameplay. It'd be more cool to have a party of nine quest to throw a cursed ring into a volcano, but there's nothing stopping that adventure from being run for one elf, the DM would just scale back the difficulty 9-10 fold.
fenrirblack wrote:I kinda wonder why Kitsune is not visiting Bino and giving him a lesson in how to be a decent living being. Maybe Kitsune has a checklist.
I don't mean this to sound dismissive, but why would Kitsune give Bino a lesson? It's not that I don't get what lesson you think he needs but why do you think Kitsune cares about a mortal's attitude. So far it seams the celestials are rather indifferent towards interfering with mortals, so long as the status quo is roughly maintained. Dragon was unwilling and Pete was not wanting to improve anyone's lives unless it served them in the game. We have seen less of GK than the other two gamers, but his policy of intrinsic benevolence seems to be limited to not harming anyone.
The cape comes with the promotion.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If anything, Bino probably might be a better candidate for the Three Ghosts of Christmas to give him a visit.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CanzetYote wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:55 pm
fenrirblack wrote:I said it once and I’ll say it again but Joey and Dallas leaving was poor judgement. I can’t make any final decisions until the end of the chapter and see how it all plays out but for right now I don’t understand why we’re losing a perfectly good opportunity to develop all the nerds instead of just Lester. Dallas is the least developed of the three. He’s the real third wheel of the group. Joey has a lot going for him but is consistently pushed to the sidelines and all that potential goes to waste.
I think Dallas is one character in need of development. He's far too adorable to just fade into the background.
You still out there, CanzetYote - all the Dallas fans miss you. sir. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm pretty sure that he is long gone unfortunately. He was last active in 2019 so he didn't even log in from all that time.