2019/01/09 - Relax, Don’t Do It

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
D-Rock

2019/01/09 - Relax, Don’t Do It

Post by D-Rock »

[2019/01/09 - Relax, Don’t Do It]
Title Text: stab stab stab

Gee, Fox, for someone who's not too fond of cats, you certainly cling to the ceiling like one.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Saturn381

Re: 2019/01/09 - Relax, Don’t Do It

Post by Saturn381 »

You're not suppose to use your claws Mungo. :lol:
When you want to go to it?
Last edited by Saturn381 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

That is quite a jump, your muscles should relax in the text hour Fox... or two
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
yugijak

Post by yugijak »

Oh my...

All I can say.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

So it’s come to this. We’re not even being subtle anymore. It’s just “take this and have fun.”
Housepets! Fan Fiction By Fenrir Black M.A.
There is a price to pay for defying fate.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

fenrirblack wrote:So it’s come to this. We’re not even being subtle anymore. It’s just “take this and have fun.”
You mean that wasn't the point of the arc already? :roll:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

D-Rock wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:So it’s come to this. We’re not even being subtle anymore. It’s just “take this and have fun.”
You mean that wasn't the point of the arc already? :roll:
Apparently it wasn’t enough before. :roll:

Internet: Come on give us the good stuff.
Comic: You want the good stuff. You can’t handle the good stuff!
Internet: We want the good stuff!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Yipe yipe yipe!
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

yugijak wrote:Oh my...

All I can say.
I think you mean:
TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN

Post by TOPCATDIGIANIMEFAN »

Or Found The Right GIRL CAT YET"
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

I had acupuncture once... It was weird but like funny-weird. Didn't hurt...
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Tappy Too

Post by Tappy Too »

To be honest, I'm surprised Mungo can massage somebody without flattening them like a piece of dough.

Or maybe Fox is just THAT stressed-
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

To anyone who argued against Fungo I have only this to say *ahem* “HA!”
But seriously, I can’t believe Rick actually went further than the implication with the celestial babes. I’m happy Fox finally found someone for sure this time
Champion Wallace

Post by Champion Wallace »

Origin of the title.
Mungo, when you were getting certified did they not teach you that you need to ask permission before impaling people? I don't think I can fend off the shippers at this point. Someone is receiving a massage while everyone involved in naked. As I recall, the last time this happened led to Keene and Breel in love with each other.
The cape comes with the promotion.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:To anyone who argued against Fungo I have only this to say *ahem* “HA!”
But seriously, I can’t believe Rick actually went further than the implication with the celestial babes. I’m happy Fox finally found someone for sure this time
It’s going to be disappointing if it turns out that it’s again nothing and reading too much into a situation is never a good idea. 8-)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Gameb18oy wrote:To anyone who argued against Fungo I have only this to say *ahem* “HA!”
From where do you draw that conclusion? Sure, this page would need a mature rating if the speech bubbles (and stated context) on those first two panels were removed, but it's still not even implied that they're hooking up. Fox just took Mungo up on the therapy offer.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Some things give our Fox a pause,
like an giant acupuncturist with claws;
it takes him out from his comfort zone
and makes him want to be alone.
Our good ol’ Fox is always tense
in the most directed sense;
he cannot begin to let things go
and fails to let his emotions show
in anything but a big ol’ blast,
learning nothing from the recent past.
Take fun where you can find it pal,
whether that be with guy or gal.
Last edited by Welsh Halfwit on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

In the end, it's whatever Rick feels would be best for his characters/what he thinks is funniest.
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Again though Kitsune said it, they’re already naked all the time collar or no. Bu seriously though this says so much about the fandom if Rick is going to do something like this. At this point it’s like either get together or stop pushing the idea. ;)
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

fenrirblack wrote:
It’s going to be disappointing if it turns out that it’s again nothing and reading too much into a situation is never a good idea. 8-)
Come on Fen, he did it for more than one panel, so he knew exactly how it would look. They might not be a couple at this point, but Fungo is now leaning more toward canon than fanon now
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Gameb18oy wrote:
fenrirblack wrote:
Come on Fen, he did it for more than one panel, so he knew exactly how it would look. They might not be a couple at this point, but Fungo is now leaning more toward canon than fanon now
I’m not saying anything else about it’s canon-ability. Rick knew exactly how it would look and how people would react which is why I’m cautious about the entire thing.
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

fenrirblack wrote:
Gameb18oy wrote: Come on Fen, he did it for more than one panel, so he knew exactly how it would look. They might not be a couple at this point, but Fungo is now leaning more toward canon than fanon now
I’m not saying anything else about it’s canon-ability. Rick knew exactly how it would look and how people would react which is why I’m cautious about the entire thing.
Rick does delight in teasing and trolling us.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

To be honest, I’m a bit against the idea of Fungo, and here are my reasons:

- The comic could do with a platonic partnership, imho.

- It’s somewhat unprofessional for therapists to get romantically involved with their patients.

- I think it would be more interesting if Mungo was asexual - which he seems to exhibit some signs of and is underrepresented in the comic anyway.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Caerdwyn

Post by Caerdwyn »

If those two were any more shippable they'd be a supertanker.
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

Also if I remember right, a lot of people also shipped Fox with King and we know how that ended.
So better don't draw conclusions that fast.
If it happens, it happens.

I just wonder who teached Mungo acupuncture, a cat? :lol:
fenrirblack

Post by fenrirblack »

Ignoring everything else that is happening, why are doing that in the hot tub? Couldn’t they go to an actual room with a massage table. Keene ordered the super deluxe package. I would assume that comes with a massage parlor. :)

I’ve seen worse acupuncture experiences *cough final destination 5
Douglas Collier wrote: - I think it would be more interesting if Mungo was asexual - which he seems to exhibit some signs of and is underrepresented in the comic anyway.
I’m glad someone said it.
Last edited by fenrirblack on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

I also tried acupuncture while I was living in Korea. It was different, but It worked and was quite painless besides. Guess Mungo's sense of humor is just too "pointed".
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

fenrirblack wrote:Ignoring everything else that is happening, why are doing that in the hot tub?
Why wouldn't you get a massage in a hot tub? :D (assuming the hot tub had a lip that was just the right height and all... cause otherwise yeah...) :lol:

These two are really adorable. I could go either way with these two. I do love to see really close and intimate platonic friendships... but again, they are adorable :P
HundKatzeMaus

Post by HundKatzeMaus »

fenrirblack wrote:Ignoring everything else that is happening, why are doing that in the hot tub? Couldn’t they go to an actual room with a massage table. Keene ordered the super deluxe package. I would assume that comes with a massage parlor. :)
I quess it's because it's supposed to be private therapy. Maybe Mungo doesn't want to do it somewhere, where someone could see them to keep it quiet and relaxing. Otherwise for sure other pets would also like to have one :mrgreen:
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Tappy Too wrote:To be honest, I'm surprised Mungo can massage somebody without flattening them like a piece of dough.

Or maybe Fox is just THAT stressed-
Remember the end of his first arc. He IS capable of being gentle. And if he's certified in massage, that’s got to mean he can repress his strength enough for it.

He just hasn’t learned how for the acupuncture yet. Or footsie, for that matter.
Arimuss

Post by Arimuss »

Man.... i could totally ship that, but i don't think this boat is leaving port any time soon.
Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Worst case, I think we will have to wait until a Valentine arc before seeing this ship sail on for good in full romantic glory.
As for the rest? Fungo is just...perfect. It has a ton of space for development, there is a solid hemistry between these two adorable boys.
Creating another character would seem awkward and so discovering a sudden crush of someone else for Fox, who was just looking for someone serious enough for a serious commitment. At this point, it would be unfair to the poor pup if he'd have to wait who knows how long for his Special One.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

While i wouldn't mind Mungo and Fox, so much of it so far makes me think Fox would want it to be unprofessional. now professional on the otherhand... :3

Still ruling out Mungo has something up his sleeve for Fox. Which would've worked better if he had that robe on again. Ack!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

My $0.02 on Fungoland is while it certainly is shippable, if it happens I predict secret-relationship-in-the-workplace issues which I suppose Rick wouldn't be opposed to mining for humor though I worry may be repetitive of Fido/Sabrina. Fido and Fox have both been put on temporary leave for letting personal feelings get in the way of official police business; if Fox and Mungo aren't careful they could both be expelled from the K9 unit for inappropriate behavio(u)r at work. But they are both good boys and I can only hope they do things right.

My rule with the comic is this: if Grown-Up-Thing cannot be talked about here in the forum then we can be sure that Grown-Up-Thing won't be depicted either on or off panel (or underwater) unless the text or dialogue of the comic says otherwise. In fact I think the PG rule stiil applies that all couples except for those with offspring never do more than kiss'n'cuddle. ...I'll admit the latest Christmas comic toes the line more than ever but I'll just say this: we know there are physical differences between boy dogs and girl dogs, and, even if we can't see all of those differences in the comic, that doesn't mean they don't exist. ^_^
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

It is Rick's world, so stay tuned for "startlements" - but I'm inclined to see Fox-Mungo as more Platonic than. Alt else. Since his relationship with King receded, Fox seems as much to be seeking a pal as a girl-friend because he's achingly lonely. Then there's the counseling relationship which must have some official sanction. See your HR office for details ("shipping" likely NOT included!).
Gameb18oy
Game Master

Post by Gameb18oy »

NHWestoN wrote:It is Rick's world, so stay tuned for "startlements" - but I'm inclined to see Fox-Mungo as more Platonic than. Alt else. Since his relationship with King receded, Fox seems as much to be seeking a pal as a girl-friend because he's achingly lonely. Then there's the counseling relationship which must have some official sanction. See your HR office for details ("shipping" likely NOT included!).
Okay, you’re not the only one who has been talking like this, but I doubt Fox’s friendship with King is any weaker than when they became best friends. Both of them have new responsibilities that keep them from hanging out as much casually, but seriously, it’s just the same thing as a character not appearing for awhile, Rick just hasn’t had a chance to showcase it much lately. Also, I’ll try and keep my Fungo shipping light as it seems there’s a lot of resistance on it, Which I’m personally surprised at
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Whew! I was afraid I was all alone in such an astute observation. ;)
MrBlueSky7

Post by MrBlueSky7 »

That Third bottom strip though....

Mungo is totally in a 'Swiggity, Swooty' stance right there! :lol:
cglenn

Post by cglenn »

Bad song selection though, ...

8-)
leinglo

Post by leinglo »

Gameb18oy wrote:Also, I’ll try and keep my Fungo shipping light as it seems there’s a lot of resistance on it, Which I’m personally surprised at
Eh, I wouldn't say "resistance" as much as realistic caution. As nice as the prospect might be, you don't want to put too much stock in blatant trolling fanservice as true romantic development. :lol: